GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK250 Glow Plug Codes P06B9 & P06BA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 GLK250
GLK250 Glow Plug Codes P06B9 & P06BA

I did a search and it would appear I'm the first to get these codes. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas to what could be the issue here? Being that this is two banks, maybe there's a fuse blown?

Should I plan to have all the glow plugs replaced soon and dig down into the engine bay?

Thanks guys!
Old 08-15-2024, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 228 Posts
GLK 250
I would encourage you to invest in a MB-specific code reader, as those error codes are sort of generic.

Among the many things covered under the AEM extended warranty, it appears the glow plugs are not on that list (see here).

Is your check engine light on? Since you have a code reader, you could first try clearing the codes and doing a few restarts to see if they come back.

If so, chances are it's not a fuse but rather one (or more) of the glow plugs. Taking a guess after some interwebs searching, it would appear it's glow plugs #1 and #2 specifically (again, generic codes provided).

If you're going to replace them, might as well replace all 4 and be done with it. They run about $28 each, with a lifetime warranty from FCP Euro.
Old 08-15-2024, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 GLK250
Yes, sorry. I should have added that the codes read out to cylinder 1 (P06B9) and cylinder 2 (P06BA). I think it's a little coincidental that both would go at the same time but it could happen. I see that there's a glow plug relay/module that our model has but unsure if it's for all of the glow plugs or not. That's the reason I asked about a relay or fuse.

I suspect I'll just order up 4 and swap them out. Do you know if there's a part number for a specific reamer or as long as I get one to length I should be okay?

Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-16-2024, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 228 Posts
GLK 250
There is indeed a glow plug control module, but if that were faulty you'd probably be seeing a different trouble code or maybe just faults for all 4 cylinders.

I would start with replacing the glow plugs and clear the codes, then see what's what. From what I've seen it's not exactly the simplest process, but you can find YT how-to videos showing it.

Meantime, here's a document to get you started:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Remove-install glow plugs.pdf (899.0 KB, 3 views)