GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

Annoying Leather/MB Tex noises when driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2020 | 09:19 PM

2011 S550
Annoying Leather/MB Tex noises when driving

Hello all. Tough situation to describe but I'll try. When I drive off with my GLS there is a general leather rubbing noise throughout the car. Is sounds like someone rubbing saran wrap or vinyl sheets together. Is a general white noise that has become annoying and others in the car ask what is all this noise in the car? I can't pin point to any one seat or location. I put the rear seats flat and same general squeaking or rubbing noises. I have had two other GL's and never had this be an issue. Imagine 5 people in a car sitting on leather with leather pants and constantly shifting to make this noise. I started this knowing its hard to explain but the noise is at a point I am going to BMW and Range Rover tomorrow to check on trading for other vehicles. Any one experience this? And if so any work around?
Old 09-03-2020 | 12:37 PM

MB GLS450
Originally Posted by Neptune36
Hello all. Tough situation to describe but I'll try. When I drive off with my GLS there is a general leather rubbing noise throughout the car. Is sounds like someone rubbing saran wrap or vinyl sheets together. Is a general white noise that has become annoying and others in the car ask what is all this noise in the car? I can't pin point to any one seat or location. I put the rear seats flat and same general squeaking or rubbing noises. I have had two other GL's and never had this be an issue. Imagine 5 people in a car sitting on leather with leather pants and constantly shifting to make this noise. I started this knowing its hard to explain but the noise is at a point I am going to BMW and Range Rover tomorrow to check on trading for other vehicles. Any one experience this? And if so any work around?
Believe the noise is coming from the seals on all the doors. I had that noise, bought this solution to lube it and now the noise is gone.

You have to put it on all the rubber seals you see.

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
chassis (09-05-2020)
Old 11-30-2020 | 09:35 PM

2017 GLS550
This is the fix explained.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...be-solved.html
Old 12-02-2020 | 09:32 AM

AMG GLS63
I wish it was that simple for the creaking centre console and Comand unit area I have on my 63 AMG, its terrible when cold, the centre console around the cup holders only stops creaking when I clamp the surfaces by placing my thumb inside the cup holder area and my fingers on the outer edge of the tunnel, I think I will need to remove the whole console, separate the sections and put anti rattle tape on the surfaces. The Comand unit I'm not so sure on the cause yet, if I stick a finger under the decorative surround trim at the bottom and push up and inwards it sometimes stops but not always.

Really, from one of MB's top of the line vehicles.