GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Rear seat entertainment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2023 | 10:40 PM

'21 Porsche Taycan Turbo / '25 Range Rover
Originally Posted by Bayern
Hello All,

I'm selling the same iPad holders I previously posted 3 years ago about. They are awesome but purchased when my kids were older and quickly outgrew them. We sold our GLS for a larger car due to different needs and selling the holders now.

This is a link to one of them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175700300953

Thanks!
​​​​​​You're selling one or two? How much are you looking to get?
Old 04-23-2023 | 10:50 PM

2020 GLS
I'm selling both (but eBay only lets you list one identical item at a time). Can sell both for $220 + shipping.
Old 10-29-2023 | 03:56 AM

2021 AMG GLS 63
Just traded in my SEPT 2018 GLE 63s for a 2021 AMG GLS with the full exec package and was a little peeved at the fact you get a full blown tablet in the center that is unable to stream content to the two rear screens.
I now have the Tablet holder for my toddler on order and a Chromecast on order to plug into the center arm rest for my teenager! Solved my worries in minutes!
Just need the techs to show me how to pop out the screen on the toddlers side now.
Genuinely love this forum, cheers all.
The following users liked this post:
EWL5 (10-29-2023)
Old 11-10-2023 | 01:47 PM

2021 AMG GLS 63
Originally Posted by SCCMOG
Just traded in my SEPT 2018 GLE 63s for a 2021 AMG GLS with the full exec package and was a little peeved at the fact you get a full blown tablet in the center that is unable to stream content to the two rear screens.
I now have the Tablet holder for my toddler on order and a Chromecast on order to plug into the center arm rest for my teenager! Solved my worries in minutes!
Just need the techs to show me how to pop out the screen on the toddlers side now.
So the Tech tried to remove one of the rear screens for me but was not 100% on how to do this, panicked and disappeared into the workshop and left me with the salesman! haha!
He said that the emergency key should be able to slot into the opening under the screen and un-clip it.
Has anyone done this before and can advise how I can pop one of the screens out to put the Tablet holder in instead?
A manual link would be wonderful!
2021 AMG GLS 63 x167

Rear screens, with the push fit.

The above images show the style of screens and the socket/connector type.

Last edited by SCCMOG; 11-11-2023 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Adding image
Old 11-11-2023 | 07:11 AM

2021 AMG GLS 63
So the Tech tried to remove one of the rear screens for me but was not 100% on how to do this, panicked and disappeared into the workshop and left me with the salesman! haha!
He said that the emergency key should be able to slot into the opening under the screen and un-clip it.
Has anyone done this before and can advise how I can pop one of the screens out to put the Tablet holder in instead?
A manual link would be wonderful!
2021 AMG GLS 63 x167

Rear screens, with the push fit.

The above images show the style of screens and the socket/connector type.
Finally figured it out, you need a small screwdriver and a little patience.
Made a little video for anyone of how to do it also! Hope this helps someone like me

The following users liked this post:
wildta (11-11-2023)
Old 11-11-2023 | 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Finally figured it out, you need a small screwdriver and a little patience.
Made a little video for anyone of how to do it also! Hope this helps someone like me
Remove Mercedes Rear Entertainment Screen - 2021 Facelift
I didn't know that dock is simply powered by USB C.
Old 11-11-2023 | 06:19 PM

2021 AMG GLS 63
Yeah, I was surprised that it was not a propitiatory connection. But it's nice to see they are keeping it simple.
The 2021 Facelift also loses the HDMI in the center console. This means no Firestick/Chrome Cast without hanging them out the side of the screen, so getting the tablet holder in place has been a massive win!
Old 11-12-2023 | 08:34 PM

EQS
Lol I'm joining this thread late. But man I don't see how you all don't have toddlers that kick the crap out of those screens. The seat backs in our family GLS are covered in footprints lol.