GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

GLS 580 - 2 questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s550
GLS 580 - 2 questions

How do I make the side mirrors go up when the car is locked? I don’t see this option in settings. Also, when I (the driver) step out of the car, and leave it running so my passengers can enjoy the air conditioner, after couple of minutes everything shuts off. The A/C stops working. How do I stop that from happening?
Old 08-27-2020, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,486 Likes on 981 Posts
No more MB:(
High tech.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 654 Likes on 407 Posts
2020 GLS450 / 2024 Ford Bronco / (former) W212 4-matic 350 sport package
Originally Posted by alexpush
How do I make the side mirrors go up when the car is locked? I don’t see this option in settings. Also, when I (the driver) step out of the car, and leave it running so my passengers can enjoy the air conditioner, after couple of minutes everything shuts off. The A/C stops working. How do I stop that from happening?

The mirrors should have a setting somewhere in the system menu (maybe under vehicle submenu). The car shutting off when driver leaves is not reversible as I understand it. It’s a safety thing I guess. Read a thread on it somewhere in here and many don’t like that feature at all. One work around is to remote start the car from your phone app, but that will give you 10 minutes max, then it’ll shut off again. You can do it twice, the someone needs to be in the drivers seat for the car to start again.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,486 Likes on 981 Posts
No more MB:(
Originally Posted by nc211
The mirrors should have a setting somewhere in the system menu (maybe under vehicle submenu). The car shutting off when driver leaves is not reversible as I understand it. It’s a safety thing I guess. Read a thread on it somewhere in here and many don’t like that feature at all. One work around is to remote start the car from your phone app, but that will give you 10 minutes max, then it’ll shut off again. You can do it twice, the someone needs to be in the drivers seat for the car to start again.
Unreal, so not reversible? So running the engine for more than 10 minutes is a "safety" thing that every car had since the beginning of man. It's more Mercedes BS, another "luxury" experience. That alone is enough to make some avoid this line.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s550
Originally Posted by nc211
I found the answer
  • To keep the engine running while idling you need to turn off the Auto Start/Stop.
    • On the Start Button there is a second button with an A in a Circle. This turns the Auto Stop/Start on and off. Pushing it will show an Icon on the dash with the A/Circle and "off". This will keep the engiine running while ideling.
The following users liked this post:
wolds (08-31-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 10:05 PM

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts
a
I found the answer
  • To keep the engine running while idling you need to turn off the Auto Start/Stop.
    • On the Start Button there is a second button with an A in a Circle. This turns the Auto Stop/Start on and off. Pushing it will show an Icon on the dash with the A/Circle and "off". This will keep the engiine running while ideling.
Holy cow. You may have found the answer we were all looking for. I just tried this and it didn't give me any warnings when I left the car. I didn't test how long it stays on though. Have you tried this yet?
Old 08-27-2020, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If it works - you can opt to re-program the feature - eBay message Vladimir with your VIN#:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-EC...wAAOSw1nVdoaGz

Old 08-28-2020, 07:08 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
'20 GLS580, '18 S560
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
If it works - you can opt to re-program the feature - eBay message Vladimir with your VIN#:

I've used his service on my w222 and they work like a champ.
have you tried it on x167 GLS? I'm just wondering about the MBUX.
Old 08-29-2020, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Yes - Vladimir has a OBD Programmer (quick thing) for MBUX models - smart guy - he charges just a bit more..

Old 08-31-2020, 08:58 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 Chevy SS, 2018 GLA250, 2020 GLS580
I found the answer
Thank you so much!

I'm excited to report positive results doing this. I actually had a real scenario this past Saturday that resulted in a good test of this...

Pulled into parking spot, idled for a couple minutes before I thought to press the button described. I can't remember if the car auto start stopped itself during this time but I'm pretty sure it did since it usually happens anytime I put it in park. A few minutes later I open the rear tailgate and the exited the vehicle. A minute later I got back in without closing the tailgate. I ended up closing the tailgate from inside about 3 minutes later then sat there for probably another 15 to 20 minutes. It never turned off! Next time I'll time it with my phone to see if I ever encounter an upper bound.

Thanks again. Now I think the only thing I really wish I could have is data connection in the center console for the phone. 🤦‍♂️