GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

2022 GLS 450 build missing massage seats and augmented reality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLS 450
2022 GLS 450 build missing massage seats and augmented reality

Hello , I ordered my 2022 Mercedes gls 450 in October 2021 with rapid heating seats, massage seats and augmented navigation and got PO number. When the car got delivered last week with the same PO number, all of the above features are missing. is that expected? and is that because if semiconductor or chip shortages?

Is it possible to add those features from different car technician from outside? Does the car value get reduced because of these missing features?

please could anyone suggest?
Old 03-21-2022, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 447 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Originally Posted by ranjitk99
Hello , I ordered my 2022 Mercedes gls 450 in October 2021 with rapid heating seats, massage seats and augmented navigation and got PO number. When the car got delivered last week with the same PO number, all of the above features are missing. is that expected? and is that because if semiconductor or chip shortages?

Is it possible to add those features from different car technician from outside? Does the car value get reduced because of these missing features?

please could anyone suggest?
Mercedes can retrofit the augmented reality camera. Not the other options. None of those options have any bearing on resale value.
Old 03-21-2022, 01:29 PM

GLS 450
Originally Posted by mercedesmax
Mercedes can retrofit the augmented reality camera. Not the other options. None of those options have any bearing on resale value.
ok, thank you , I will reach out to Mercedes dealer for augmented reality, thanks again!
Old 03-22-2022, 10:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E350 4matic- winter edition
I am in a similar situation, car got delivered without the heated/cooled cup holder and the augmented navigation. Happy to hear that Augmented Navigation can be retrofitted. Heated/Cooled cup holders i have never used in the past so dont really care. More importantly when you go back and look at your final invoice, were the missing items taken off? Have you gone back and reconciled? Lastly, according to my dealer, if the car shows up without these options, they have to inform you in writing that these things are missing and you have a first right to refuse the car (highly unlikely in this market).
Old 03-22-2022, 09:57 PM

GLS 450
Originally Posted by adisco93
I am in a similar situation, car got delivered without the heated/cooled cup holder and the augmented navigation. Happy to hear that Augmented Navigation can be retrofitted. Heated/Cooled cup holders i have never used in the past so dont really care. More importantly when you go back and look at your final invoice, were the missing items taken off? Have you gone back and reconciled? Lastly, according to my dealer, if the car shows up without these options, they have to inform you in writing that these things are missing and you have a first right to refuse the car (highly unlikely in this market).
Well, I asked the dealer couple of times , he said all the parts were there. In the invoice they did not add those options itself. We can see what they have delivered in the label they attach to car. So it is clear that they did not add to the car. My dealer did not give me in writing that these things are missed. Apparently, we need a car. So we just took it , not much thinking about it. I was mainly concerned if those missing features effect any resale value. I shopped other cars like X7 (not spacious for 5 member family considering cargo space and legroom and I did not like the external look. Even I am hearing that they are missing some features when being delivered. Shopped for Volvo but did not like it. Also palisade and Pilot very compact inside). This is the only car which looks stylish from outside and spacious from inside for us so we had to take it without thinking much. Now I am thinking that we should have added warmth/comfort package. not sure how much that would help but never know if those features might have missed too while delivery
Old 03-24-2022, 01:10 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Well, I asked the dealer couple of times , he said all the parts were there. In the invoice they did not add those options itself. We can see what they have delivered in the label they attach to car. So it is clear that they did not add to the car. My dealer did not give me in writing that these things are missed. Apparently, we need a car. So we just took it , not much thinking about it. I was mainly concerned if those missing features effect any resale value. I shopped other cars like X7 (not spacious for 5 member family considering cargo space and legroom and I did not like the external look. Even I am hearing that they are missing some features when being delivered. Shopped for Volvo but did not like it. Also palisade and Pilot very compact inside). This is the only car which looks stylish from outside and spacious from inside for us so we had to take it without thinking much. Now I am thinking that we should have added warmth/comfort package. not sure how much that would help but never know if those features might have missed too while delivery
Mercedes gave you a detailed cost invoice that should show the breakdown of EACH INDIVIDUAL OPTION and the appropriate price of that option. As the buyer, you were supposed to check that all those features and options were to your satisfaction. Thereafter, you were required to sign that invoice which should include the delivery charges, sales tax, and registration fees. YOU should have checked all of that prior to signing. That purchase order, which includes all chosen options, is then sent out to the factory to build.

When the car arrives, you and your salesperson should check each and every detail to determine if all the options are included. It should match that sales invoice you signed and the price should not change.

DID ALL THE ABOVE OCCUR and are all the options you ordered present?

If not, something wrong happened during the order and you or the salesperson should check.

The following users liked this post:
BenjaminKohl (03-25-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 01:12 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
You just bought a car and you are already looking at the resale value because of some missing items?
What will determine the resale value of your vehicle is the miles, the condition, the year, and the repairs.
Just enjoy it and forget about the resale value.
It is not a rolex which has higher resale value than when originally purchase.

The following users liked this post:
BenjaminKohl (03-25-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 03:24 PM

GLS 450
reply too late . Thanks for the reply. Yes I am enjoying my car. Since I bought the mercedez for first time, I had stupid questions in my mind. wireless charging and massage cushion I shopped online.