Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 04:33 PM

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
GLC EQB GLS C300 convertible
Originally Posted by c4004matic
I sold it to Carvana.
oh cool

wow we read no history about anything...
Old 01-18-2024, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLS 580
It was fixed before I sold it.
I am so glad that I found this post as I am currently in the process of buying your 2021 GLS 580 from Carvana and it is scheduled to be delivered to my house on 1/27/2024. I am very interested in learning more about what happened during the repair and would love to talk to you if possible. I would really appreciate if you can help me understand what happened because I am really nervous about buying it since my local Mercedes dealership may not transfer the warranty to me since I am buying from Carvana and not from a private party and that means I won’t be able to buy an extended warranty so that is scary specially if I have to pay for repairs for the same issue you had. Could you please elaborate more on how the car fixed itself? Does it mean that the techs have no idea what the issue was and how it was fixed? Please feel free to send me a direct/private message (I am new in this forum so I am not sure how things work). Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 726 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by mpr1990
I am so glad that I found this post as I am currently in the process of buying your 2021 GLS 580 from Carvana and it is scheduled to be delivered to my house on 1/27/2024. I am very interested in learning more about what happened during the repair and would love to talk to you if possible. I would really appreciate if you can help me understand what happened because I am really nervous about buying it since my local Mercedes dealership may not transfer the warranty to me since I am buying from Carvana and not from a private party and that means I won’t be able to buy an extended warranty so that is scary specially if I have to pay for repairs for the same issue you had. Could you please elaborate more on how the car fixed itself? Does it mean that the techs have no idea what the issue was and how it was fixed? Please feel free to send me a direct/private message (I am new in this forum so I am not sure how things work). Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
One day out of the blue the suspension simply failed. The replaced the suspension "module' aka brain. But it wouldn't reinitialize. After a few weeks the Germans reinstalled the sofware without success. Then they left it outdoors and lo and behold the next day everything worked. I was in the process of buyback by then. Since it was fixed I sold it to Carvana the next day. My recommendation, make sure that you get an extended warranty. Aside from the suspension snafu the car had been great, the only other repair was replacement of the collision sytem camera. It's a superb drive, fast, comfortable, and surprisingly agile.
IMO the best three row SUV bar none.
Thats it in a nutshell.
The following users liked this post:
Splaktar (01-19-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLS 580
One day out of the blue the suspension simply failed. The replaced the suspension "module' aka brain. But it wouldn't reinitialize. After a few weeks the Germans reinstalled the sofware without success. Then they left it outdoors and lo and behold the next day everything worked. I was in the process of buyback by then. Since it was fixed I sold it to Carvana the next day. My recommendation, make sure that you get an extended warranty. Aside from the suspension snafu the car had been great, the only other repair was replacement of the collision sytem camera. It's a superb drive, fast, comfortable, and surprisingly agile.
IMO the best three row SUV bar none.
Thats it in a nutshell.
You have no idea how thankful I am that you took the time to provide more details, I really appreciate it. I’ve decided to play it safe this time and cancel my purchase with Carvana because I don’t want to take the risk of having the same issue down the road. It is very scary that the techs couldn’t figure out what was wrong and how it got fixed on its own and given that they had another car with the same issue and some other people on this thread posted issues with their suspension, I am guessing this is more common than I initially thought. Anyways, thanks a lot again for your help you really saved me from potentially having issues with that car. I really hope you are enjoying your retirement 😉.
EWL5 (01-19-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 08:08 AM

Received 186 Likes on 149 Posts
'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by mpr1990
You have no idea how thankful I am that you took the time to provide more details, I really appreciate it. I’ve decided to play it safe this time and cancel my purchase with Carvana because I don’t want to take the risk of having the same issue down the road. It is very scary that the techs couldn’t figure out what was wrong and how it got fixed on its own and given that they had another car with the same issue and some other people on this thread posted issues with their suspension, I am guessing this is more common than I initially thought. Anyways, thanks a lot again for your help you really saved me from potentially having issues with that car. I really hope you are enjoying your retirement 😉.
Yeah, miracle repairs wouldn't sit well with me either!
Splaktar (01-19-2024)