GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Anyone have a MYQ garage door linked to MBUX?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 02:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
22 GLS 450 19 CLS 450
Anyone have a MYQ garage door linked to MBUX?

So, I am trying to connect my garage to my MBUX and I'm having some issues. Does anyone have one of these they have tried to connect to the car? The car notified me it was connected, the app notified me it's connected but, when I go to actually use it it says that my vehicle doesn't have this feature but I know it does. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 11-16-2023, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Not to MBUX, however MyQ just disabled a bunch of 3rd party APIs on the last month and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of them.

They nuked support for homebridge which blew up my current setup through CarPlay. If I hadn’t spent just $25 on the MyQ module I would be pissed.
The following users liked this post:
Splaktar (02-04-2024)
Old 11-16-2023, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,711 Likes on 2,476 Posts
2019 C63CS
The MyQ integration is not supported with MBUX 1.0, only MBUX 2.0 in the EQ, new S Class, E Class and C Class models, so the message you are getting is correct. MyQ has indeed added bot detection to their API and unsupported third-party integrations such as Homebridge have stopped working. They even broke some of the supported integrations such as IFTTT in the process. My Homebridge integration stopped working and I switched to Meross which natively supports Apple HomeKit, so I don't need an integration hack such as Homebridge to control my garage door from CarPlay and the Home app. I still have the MyQ hub in place in case I wanna use Amazon Key Delivery, but I'm mostly done with MyQ at this point. It's always been kind of laggy anyway. MyQ wants to start charging subscriptions for integrating with them, so expect the MBUX integration to start requiring a subscription pretty soon.
Splaktar (02-04-2024)
Old 11-16-2023, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by superswiss
The MyQ integration is not supported with MBUX 1.0, only MBUX 2.0 in the EQ, new S Class, E Class and C Class models, so the message you are getting is correct. MyQ has indeed added bot detection to their API and unsupported third-party integrations such as Homebridge have stopped working. They even broke some of the supported integrations such as IFTTT in the process. My Homebridge integration stopped working and I switched to Meross which natively supports Apple HomeKit, so I don't need an integration hack such as Homebridge to control my garage door from CarPlay and the Home app. I still have the MyQ hub in place in case I wanna use Amazon Key Delivery, but I'm mostly done with MyQ at this point. It's always been kind of laggy anyway. MyQ wants to start charging subscriptions for integrating with them, so expect the MBUX integration to start requiring a subscription pretty soon.
Key delivery has gone to hell as well, either not working or now they want to charge if you don’t choose a single day.

I split my time between my homes, and it was convenient to be able to not have to worry about packages sitting out at either place. Now, it’s just a mess unless you want to pay more. The $1.99 isn’t a dealbreaker except for principle.
Old 11-16-2023, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
Key delivery has gone to hell as well, either not working or now they want to charge if you don’t choose a single day.

I split my time between my homes, and it was convenient to be able to not have to worry about packages sitting out at either place. Now, it’s just a mess unless you want to pay more. The $1.99 isn’t a dealbreaker except for principle.
Yeah, I haven't used Key Delivery in kinda forever. Used it successfully the first time, because the first delivery gave me 40% off the order. Second time I tried, the driver claimed it didn't work and dropped the package off in front of my door. I do have free Amazon Prime, so usually I don't pay anything for shipping ever, so wondering if that applies to Key Delivery as well. It's really just a last resort at this point. I have two Amazon lockers within walking distance, so that's where I usually have my stuff shipped to, but not everything is eligible for locker delivery. Most of the time we are at home, though as both my wife and I work remotely, so it hasn't really been a need. Just sort of one of those things that are good to have just in case.
Old 11-16-2023, 06:57 PM

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by mike7513
So, I am trying to connect my garage to my MBUX and I'm having some issues. Does anyone have one of these they have tried to connect to the car? The car notified me it was connected, the app notified me it's connected but, when I go to actually use it it says that my vehicle doesn't have this feature but I know it does. Anyone else have this happen?
I have used MyQ for years on a old linkmaster opener with a MyQ hub kit that i installed. The new openers i believe have it built into the unit itself. About a month ago i discovered that using Home on my iphone I could connect to MBUX and say Hey Mercedes open my garage door. It works but sometimes it says i don't understand but opens or closes the door anyway. Othe times it says I will open and it does.

I followed the instructions and it connected without any problems. I still can use the MyQ app and you can see the activity on the app. There is an icon on the MUBX that looks like a paper with line that shows the activity too.

Old 11-17-2023, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 414 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by superswiss
Tailwind is also a good alternative to MyQ, similar to Meross. One very cool feature is the auto open and close. If my MyQ breaks or they end up charging a fee, I'll jump ship for this:
https://gotailwind.com/collections/a...age-controller

Here's a good article talking about all the alternatives to MyQ:
https://www.theverge.com/23949612/ch...e-integrations

Splaktar (02-04-2024)
Old 11-17-2023, 06:02 PM

22 GLS 450 19 CLS 450
Thanks I appreciate all the replies. I think I'm just gonna stick with the homelink in the mirror. I'm already tired of saying hey mercerdes anyway. I never thought I'd miss that b*tch Siri lol
Old 11-18-2023, 03:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Same for me. Sometimes MBUX doesn't recognize the voice command but door opens and closes anyway. I found still using the mirror button more reliable and better experience. Ideally, it should work automatically when car approaches and leaves. I rented a few Teslas recently and that feature worked quite well. I think via iPhone it should be quite easy as Nest uses iPhone location to determine if at home or away.

Old 11-18-2023, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 414 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Trimmer2
Same for me. Sometimes MBUX doesn't recognize the voice command but door opens and closes anyway. I found still using the mirror button more reliable and better experience. Ideally, it should work automatically when car approaches and leaves. I rented a few Teslas recently and that feature worked quite well. I think via iPhone it should be quite easy as Nest uses iPhone location to determine if at home or away.
Apparently this product will automatically open and close your garage for you:
https://gotailwind.com/
Splaktar (02-04-2024)
Old 11-19-2023, 09:50 AM

22 GLS 450 19 CLS 450
I've been slowly out of love since I got it. The camera stopped working after a power outage and I've never been able to get it back working. Doesn't work with alexa. Doesn't work with MBUX, mine anyway. Pretty much the only thing it's good for is opening or closing the door with the app.
Old 02-04-2024, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 350
I have two garage doors on myq app and when I linked with Mercedes both doors open. anyone know how to change to open only the main garage?
Old 02-04-2024, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLS 580 soon
Originally Posted by MSCC86
I have two garage doors on myq app and when I linked with Mercedes both doors open. anyone know how to change to open only the main garage?
I have the same problem so I spent some time on the phone with Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ support. After going through their checklist, they told me to call Mercedes for MyQ support at 1-800-367-6372 , Option 3, for further troubleshooting. I’m planning to call them sometime next week.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Randymaqp
I have the same problem so I spent some time on the phone with Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ support. After going through their checklist, they told me to call Mercedes for MyQ support at 1-800-367-6372 , Option 3, for further troubleshooting. I’m planning to call them sometime next week.
Don’t have 2 doors. But MyQ is connected to my garage door and the entrance gate to our HOA. Both work with individual clickers or to the cars built in garage door opener. They read fixed codes that the clickers emit. So it’s very strange that both doors open because each door opener should be reading 2 separate codes. By any chance do you have a duplicate clicker and are programming the same code into the car’s system? You should be able to open the clickers or it could be on the outside and somewhere inside there will be a number. 5 ir 6 digits in length. I would guess Liftmaster had you clear the car’s system and reprogram 2 separate clickers with 2 different codes.

Here is the back of my Liftmaster “passport “. The PIN is the code. You should have something similar.

Old 03-27-2024, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 EQS 450+, pinnacle trim
I've gone down the same path for weeks now. Finally escalated to mercedes level 2 support at the said. First came back and gave me instructions that did not work. I sent them pictures, videos and recording of MBUX responses from the car. several emails later they finally came back and said it's not supported

here is their full response:
Your contact person: Tania.S

Dear Mr.Tony

Thank you for contacting Mercedes me Connect.
We certainly want to provide exceptional service to you and strive to making sure that your Mercedes me connect services are a convenience to you. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, as not getting any solid answers can be frustrating. I understand how imperative it is to be able to successfully utilize your Mercedes Me Connect services, in lieu of the MY Q app for your Garage door. Our next level of support however has confirmed that "Supported Smart Home devices are as follows:
Lights, Smart plugs, Thermostats, Shutters, Motion Sensors, Temperature Sensors, Contact Sensors". Garage doors are not supported via voice command (Hey Mercedes).
Old 03-27-2024, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 628 Likes on 394 Posts
2014 E350 4-matic Sport & 2020 GLS450
I think this is more MyQ's fault than MB. Lift Master / Chamberlin I believe recently pulled the partnership plug with a few companies that could have access to it. Amazon Key was one of them. We would interact with Key via the MyQ app, but now Amazon can open the door via the Amazon app instead, no MyQ interface anymore. We also can't get Alexa to "pair" with it anymore either in the house.
MDMercedesGuy (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by nc211
I think this is more MyQ's fault than MB. Lift Master / Chamberlin I believe recently pulled the partnership plug with a few companies that could have access to it. Amazon Key was one of them. We would interact with Key via the MyQ app, but now Amazon can open the door via the Amazon app instead, no MyQ interface anymore. We also can't get Alexa to "pair" with it anymore either in the house.
Thanjs for the info. You might think that MB might tell us it doesn't work any longer. It was more of a gimmick. The MyQ app was and is better anyway
Old 03-28-2024, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by DESAL
Thanjs for the info. You might think that MB might tell us it doesn't work any longer. It was more of a gimmick. The MyQ app was and is better anyway
The myQ app has turned into an ad platform. Now they are trying to sell you other products while you open/close your garage. That's largely why they are severing ties with everybody else so they can push ads on you while you are using their service. I haven't touched the app in a while. Pretty much done with them. I purely still have it as a potential backup in case the Meross opener craps out for some reason. It's been super stable, though, and the integration with Homekit is much better than having to open an app first. Ties in with my other automations and I can use Siri to open/close the garage.
Old 04-29-2024, 07:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
SL43
Same

Originally Posted by antoniospATX
I've gone down the same path for weeks now. Finally escalated to mercedes level 2 support at the said. First came back and gave me instructions that did not work. I sent them pictures, videos and recording of MBUX responses from the car. several emails later they finally came back and said it's not supported

here is their full response:
Your contact person: Tania.S

Dear Mr.Tony

Thank you for contacting Mercedes me Connect.
We certainly want to provide exceptional service to you and strive to making sure that your Mercedes me connect services are a convenience to you. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, as not getting any solid answers can be frustrating. I understand how imperative it is to be able to successfully utilize your Mercedes Me Connect services, in lieu of the MY Q app for your Garage door. Our next level of support however has confirmed that "Supported Smart Home devices are as follows:
Lights, Smart plugs, Thermostats, Shutters, Motion Sensors, Temperature Sensors, Contact Sensors". Garage doors are not supported via voice command (Hey Mercedes).

thanks. Injad the exact same issue. Linked the accounts in the my Mercedes app, tried the voice command and zippo.