GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

x167 GLS400 SUSPENSION PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLS 450
Originally Posted by mike7513
MBUX does nothing other than display information for the driver and passengers and provide an interface to access features that are not controlled with a physical button or switch.

Pretty much every new car made is almost entirely controlled by software that is responsible for everything from what rpm the car idles at to whether you can even unlock your doors or start your car or not.

If someone at your dealer says anything about MBUX during your discuss about the issue you are experiencing I would get in your car immediately and drive as fast as possible in the opposite direction.

Also, no I am not from the DFW area.
Thanks buddy
I’ll try once again with the dealers but this time with the software issue

I’ll keep you guys posted as well.
good luck
Old 02-01-2024, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 1,167 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by mike7513
MBUX does nothing other than display information for the driver and passengers and provide an interface to access features that are not controlled with a physical button or switch.

Pretty much every new car made is almost entirely controlled by software that is responsible for everything from what rpm the car idles at to whether you can even unlock your doors or start your car or not.

If someone at your dealer says anything about MBUX during your discuss about the issue you are experiencing I would get in your car immediately and drive as fast as possible in the opposite direction.
As you say, software (driven by sensors ) runs almost everything. As a result, it's a vital part of operation and therefore troubleshooting.
I don't agree with running away when somebody is investigating a problem.
They are probably asking a question to get information from the owner.
I'd run away from anybody who doesn't try to investigate my problem.

Unless you have been to Mercedes training in Alabama, there's a good chance that you don't know as much about the car as the service department.

Just answer the questions. That's the way you get the best service.
The following users liked this post:
EWL5 (02-01-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
167 GLS400d
Originally Posted by mikapen
As you say, software (driven by sensors ) runs almost everything. As a result, it's a vital part of operation and therefore troubleshooting.
I don't agree with running away when somebody is investigating a problem.
They are probably asking a question to get information from the owner.
I'd run away from anybody who doesn't try to investigate my problem.

Unless you have been to Mercedes training in Alabama, there's a good chance that you don't know as much about the car as the service department.

Just answer the questions. That's the way you get the best service.

Hey everybody...

The answer i got today after visiting again MB dealership:
I already asked my chief. We could not take any action and could not resolve the request. I said, "What can we do in this situation?" He said that there is no current software update and there is nothing that can be done right now.

Suspension updates are coming to some vehicles. It comes to us from Mercedes from Germany. But I can't say for sure whether there will be a suspension update for your vehicle. If there is an update, I will let you know. I have the vin number of your vehicle. I will check it at regular intervals to see if there are any suspension or any updates for your vehicle and if there is, I will let you know.

2. He said that reinstallation of the suspension system is not possible. I'll ask again to be sure, and if there's anything different tomorrow, I'll let you know.

so... the fact that there is no any malfunction / error - end of story...
also they gave advice just check your tires and use 2.2bar and thats the only solution from MB i got to make my ride more smooth ? for 140,000k €
Old 02-01-2024, 02:05 PM

Received 185 Likes on 148 Posts
'23 GLS450
Unfortunate news but not surprising!
Old 02-01-2024, 02:07 PM

167 GLS400d
Also got answer few minutes ago:

Let me have a meeting again, sometimes there is a meeting with the technical team of Mercedes, let's open a record about it, I will have a meeting with my manager. Then we have to wait for a response from the technical team.

In case of malfunction, when the branches cannot provide sufficient support, they receive support from the Mercedes technical team. The first request is created. Let me talk to my manager about this and I will inform you when I get back.

Last edited by Ruzlan; 02-01-2024 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLS 450
Originally Posted by Ruzlan
Hey everybody...

The answer i got today after visiting again MB dealership:
I already asked my chief. We could not take any action and could not resolve the request. I said, "What can we do in this situation?" He said that there is no current software update and there is nothing that can be done right now.

Suspension updates are coming to some vehicles. It comes to us from Mercedes from Germany. But I can't say for sure whether there will be a suspension update for your vehicle. If there is an update, I will let you know. I have the vin number of your vehicle. I will check it at regular intervals to see if there are any suspension or any updates for your vehicle and if there is, I will let you know.

2. He said that reinstallation of the suspension system is not possible. I'll ask again to be sure, and if there's anything different tomorrow, I'll let you know.

so... the fact that there is no any malfunction / error - end of story...
also they gave advice just check your tires and use 2.2bar and thats the only solution from MB i got to make my ride more smooth ? for 140,000k €
That what I suspected too because my car is a 24 and I would expect the latest software to be installed for the module
Old 02-01-2024, 02:43 PM

167 GLS400d
Yeah i know, but they told taht about W222 there was 7 different kind of updates about suspension, transmission and they hade similar problems, and now the car is it like it is - it mean the W223 have also somekind of suspension problems actually - does not absorb bumps and the shock absorbers flutter
Old 02-29-2024, 03:19 PM

167 GLS400d
Originally Posted by yf23
That what I suspected too because my car is a 24 and I would expect the latest software to be installed for the module
PROBLEM IS RESOLVED - CAR IS SOLD