Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

SLK55 v Big Ugly Yellow Hummer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55 v Big Ugly Yellow Hummer

This Sunday, coming from the desert back to So Cal, from the time I got on the 91 this big, bright yellow hummer was all over the place. Darting not just in and out of traffic, but over double yellow carpool lanes without thought, over and over. I assumed a young, rich kid because of his disregard and it was brand new, no plates and I remember thinking it was the biggest, most raised up in the air, flashiest hummer I had ever seen.

Acting like he owned the fwy didn't get him very far. Playin by the rules, by the time the fastrak lanes opened up, I was there before him.

The fastrak is two lanes and enclosed - once you're in, you're in, and in this case until the next fwy, quite a ways away. And its a toll so less people will be in it, which today was like almost no one. At the last minute Yellow jumps in and has his momentary fun blocking me behind this slow (other) jerk who I was just about to go around - grrrr.

Since his goal was to go, go, go, he finally took off. Mistake :v So now I could get around slow jerk. It didn't take me long to vroom vroom zip zip around and get in front of his huge *ss, slowing down to slow jerk's nice safe speed in the other lane, making HIM not be able to get around ME. First he tried to bully me by riding my ***, which of course didn't work. Please, jerk, rear end me and I'll sue your big, flashy, rich *ss. So, next, Yellow gets behind slow jerk in the hopes that ... what? Slow jerk will speed his mid-size conservative car forward passing my little rocket roadster enough for some giant hummer to squeeze thru?

And, when I would let myself fall just behind slow jerk, Yellow would get behind him. Then, if I pulled up a little and slow jerk was in my blind spot, Yellow would get behind me, like I'm actually going to take off and let him get around me I couldn't, I just knew if I did, he would cut me off and slam on his fat *ss brakes and I would be crushed as my little convertible shoved into his huge rearend.

When he finally figured it out, that he wasn't going anywhere unless I wanted him to, so he'd better start driving safe and nice, I took off

I gradually increased speed, allowing Yellow to speed around slow jerk and think he was going to be able to pass me too, but ...

I had noticed there was a huge gap between us and the next car up in lanes, so just as he came up on my blind spot, I vroomed it and he couldn't catch up! But he kept trying! What an idiot This stupid hummer thought he could outrace a sportscar, an SLK55, specifically, so he kept it floored. Now I'm starting to see the humor in the situation especially as we came to the next car and I did the same thing with him that I did with the last car, and he fell for it again!!! Behind me, behind the other car, but he couldn't get around poor hummer

So I take off again and he tries to pass me again! There was one last car I blocked him with and by now I am laughing my little roadster *ss off. I was in a full grin when I finally did let him pass. He had to know how ridiculous he'd been because he got around me and only just barely tapped his brakes before he took off.

Yah, he was an idiot, but he left me laughing, so all the best
Old 03-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Please, jerk, rear end me and I'll sue your big, flashy, rich *ss.
It would be more accurate to say that your next of kin would be doing the suing. You'd be ****in' dead.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'07 Carrera S, '31 A 5W hot rod, 4Runner. Sold CLK55
All this post shows is that you are an idiot.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:57 AM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
I think if it was a LINGENFELTER 700, then he probably will be able to pass you.....
Old 03-17-2005, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by H-MAN
Lisa is far from an idiot. She has skill, going 95 on the freeway with video cam in hand, staying in her lane, overtaking perfectly, while filming.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Banned

Bantha
Old 03-17-2005, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Whoa, why the flames? Are you calling her an idiot because she stood up to the big, bad Hummer? Are you saying that we are all supposed to cower in deference when some hole with three tons of pig iron beneath him drives like he owns the road? I agree with Lisa. I don't care if it's a semi and I'm on a motorcycle. . . if some jerk drives like a retard on crack, I am going to challenge him. In fact, the a-hole drivers continue to drive the way that they do because they have learned that the majority of people chicken out when challenged.

It seems that some of the forum members may be a little light in the "huevos" category.

Last edited by Vomit; 03-17-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by Vomit
if some jerk drives like a retard on crack, I am going to challenge him.
It seems that some of the forum members may be a little light in the "huevos" category.
Challenge him? Well at least its a good way to start a multi-car accident.

Light in the huevos category? Nope, just overburdened with brains.

fool..........
Old 03-17-2005, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
It would be more accurate to say that your next of kin would be doing the suing. You'd be ****in' dead.

That shiet is FUNNY!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'07 Carrera S, '31 A 5W hot rod, 4Runner. Sold CLK55
Whoa, why the flames? Are you calling her an idiot because she stood up to the big, bad Hummer? Are you saying that we are all supposed to cower in deference when some hole with three tons of pig iron beneath him drives like he owns the road? I agree with Lisa. I don't care if it's a semi and I'm on a motorcycle. . . if some jerk drives like a retard on crack, I am going to challenge him. In fact, the a-hole drivers continue to drive the way that they do because they have learned that the majority of people to chicken out when challenged.

There are a lot of jerks on the road, cutting people off, tailgating and driving recklessly. Attempting to correct their bad driving by driving badly yourself is a fool’s game. You make an already dangerous situation more dangerous by elevating it to a personal challenge between two drivers blocking each other in traffic while traveling at high speeds.

Let the jerks blow by; their stupid and dangerous behavior will catch up to them. Or, if you want to be more proactive, call the state police with the license #.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:39 PM

There are a lot of jerks on the road, cutting people off, tailgating and driving recklessly. Attempting to correct their bad driving by driving badly yourself is a fool’s game. You make an already dangerous situation more dangerous by elevating it to a personal challenge between two drivers blocking each other in traffic while traveling at high speeds.

Let the jerks blow by; their stupid and dangerous behavior will catch up to them. Or, if you want to be more proactive, call the state police with the license #.
Actually, I like my way better. I had a car that was able to slow the guy down and play with him to where I was able to leave him in a positive mood when all was done. Much better than the way he had been driving the whole way til he got to me - with total disregard and like no one else existed. If I had NOT done what I'd done, yah, he would have blown by, exactly and kept speeding and cutting people off until there was an accident.

And as far as a license, did you not read that he had no plates - dble
Old 03-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Lisa is far from an idiot. She has skill, going 95 on the freeway with video cam in hand, staying in her lane, overtaking perfectly, while filming.
Now if I could just get that video (excuse me, I mean "moving pictures") onto the internet. At least I now have them on a CD - yeah? good? does this matter? This new tech stuff makes my head hurt

I think Yahoo will allow video's now in your briefcase so I will try to get it on there. And I've been driving with my knee since I was 16 (while doing makeup, changing clothes and having lunch ) so the only hard part of holding the camera while driving was when the phone would ring and I had to answer it and trying not to let the camera fly out of my hands as it was so light the wind kept trying to take off with it.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Now if I could just get that video (excuse me, I mean "moving pictures") onto the internet. At least I now have them on a CD - yeah? good? does this matter? This new tech stuff makes my head hurt

I think Yahoo will allow video's now in your briefcase so I will try to get it on there. And I've been driving with my knee since I was 16 (while doing makeup, changing clothes and having lunch ) so the only hard part of holding the camera while driving was when the phone would ring and I had to answer it and trying not to let the camera fly out of my hands as it was so light the wind kept trying to take off with it.
www.yousendit.com that should get the ball rolling.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by tuscanraider
Actually, if I had been rearended at a stop, yah, it would be pancake time, but while moving, especially if the car in front (me) is faster and watching, and can therefore avoid most of the impact, it would just be like a little tap.

It's not like in the movies. You don't go flying off, unable to control your car. Its only as bothersome as, like, hitting a bump in the road, only its on the side of you, not underneath.

Obviously, your stuntman class left this part out
Old 03-17-2005, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Challenge him? Well at least its a good way to start a multi-car accident.

Light in the huevos category? Nope, just overburdened with brains.

fool..........
Is the photo included with your posts you or your father?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Banned

Bantha
Is the photo included with your posts you or your father?
Neither I found it on a google image search. My pic is my Avatar, I am a Sand Person.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Are you that sandperson that kicked Luke's @ss, and then Ben had to bail his punk @ss out.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Are you that sandperson that kicked Luke's @ss, and then Ben had to bail his punk @ss out.

No, I was driving the getaway Bantha.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
No, I was driving the getaway Bantha.

Good thing you weren't a victim of Anakin's wrath in Episode II

Old 04-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by elbimmer
I think if it was a LINGENFELTER 700, then he probably will be able to pass you.....
I think that does 0 to 60 in 10 seconds (not so sure, but it's about there) , slk 55 is 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds ,,,,