Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Kleemann vs. Toyo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Kleemann vs. Toyo

Two weeks ago I took my pothole demolished rims to a local shop to get straightened - all four were bent to varying relatively minor degrees from the potholes that exist in my area and are so impossible to foresee at speed. Anyway, it only took one day for the shop to do its work and I was back on the road. Next morning, it was a beautiful day here in Northern Virginia and I was bored on my way to work. It was pretty early so I slipped into a sleepy residential area bent on adding some excitement to my morning. I tooled around until I was deep into the recesses of this neighborhood whose inhabitants were still slowly getting into their morning routines. When my internal safety meter gave me the green light I started doing burnouts at every intersection I could find. First from dead stops, and then from slow rolls. Aaaahhhh the smoke, the smell, the tremendous push in the small of my back - that stupid feeling of "man this is cool - hell - I am cool" (yeah, right, like I'm cool) And it wasn't enough to just DO the burnouts, I felt compelled to drive back past the scenes of my mischief and gloat at the beautiful black works of art I'd left on the pavement. So what that there was a nightie-clad grandma fanning the stench of burning rubber away from her face with the morning paper she had just picked up from the end of her normally quiet driveway! I was in a Benz the likes of which she'd probably never seen, doing things her husband hadn't done for decades and giving her something other than her graham crackers and milk to talk about that morning.

After a few more I'd had enough and proceeded to work with a grin on my face. I roll into the parking lot, get out of my car, and there's the building maintenance guy who's always asking me something crazy about my car like "how come you only have one windshield wiper - that's kinda' cheap don't you think?." That day he says to me "Man your tires look low." So I proceed to tell him they're low profile tires and are supposed to look that way, blah blah blah.... "But it looks like they have no air in them" he continues - I'm trying to get to work so I blow him off a little but when I turn to take that last look at my car before going in - you all know the one "man I can't wait to drive you again".... I glance at my rear wheel and damn if the edge of the rim isn't sitting right on the asphalt. HOLY CRAP!!!!

Well.... it seems that my neighborhood mischief, combined with one poorly straightened rim, caused my rear tire to unseat, completely lose it's pressure and suffer through enough Kleemann torque induced twist to destroy my 19" Toyo Proxes T1s from the inside out. Amazing that I didn't feel anything that made it seem like something was wrong - that's a testament to the ride degradation that 19's bring. After all that I've decided to put my Lorinser LM-5's back on. They're only 18's, but the ride quality is worlds apart.

So that's my story, next time I'll bring my video cam to capture the granny's expression through the haze of smoke.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 w140 s500
wana sell the hre's?
Old 05-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Old 05-17-2005, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
What are you ....like 18 yrs old or something....If you'd come thru my neighborhood early in the morning doing that and came back to "check your work" I'd dragged your *** out of the front seat and up on the front lawn for an old fashion ***-whupping......grow up.

Last edited by AMGC43; 05-17-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did that same burnout thing this past saturday and i looked like this --> :p
Old 05-17-2005, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGC43
What are you ....like 18 yrs old or something....If you'd come thru my neighborhood early in the morning doing that and came back to "check your work" I'd dragged your *** out of the front seat and up on the front lawn for an old fashion ***-whupping......grow up.

C43 - I respect your opinion.

Irresponsibility is one thing, harmless mischief is another. There was nobody on those neighborhood back streets at 7:30 A.M. - other than the lady who came out to get her paper after the fact. In the end, I paid for my fun in that I chewed up my tire.

I'm 22 years past 18 in real time, but I will never let my chronological age inhibit my enjoyment of life. It's about the feeling you enjoy when you push your C43's go pedal farther than you should. It's the reason there's a forum called "Kill Stories." Why did we pay for all that extra AMG or Kleemann power anyway if not to enjoy it responsibly, at least once in a while?

Regardless, I'll be sure to avoid Florence the next time I'm bored - I am not into front yard brawls - but I bet the thread would get a lot of views.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lowphat

Irresponsibility is one thing, harmless mischief is another. There was nobody on those neighborhood back streets at 7:30 A.M. - other than the lady who came out to get her paper after the fact. In the end, I paid for my fun in that I chewed up my tire.

I'm 22 years past 18 in real time, but I will never let my chronological age inhibit my enjoyment of life. It's about the feeling you enjoy when you push your C43's go pedal farther than you should. It's the reason there's a forum called "Kill Stories." Why did we pay for all that extra AMG or Kleemann power anyway if not to enjoy it responsibly, at least once in a while?

Regardless, I'll be sure to avoid Florence the next time I'm bored - I am not into front yard brawls - but I bet the thread would get a lot of views.
The point is how would you feel having someone come into your neighborhood
@ 7:30 in the morning raising all kinds of hell and leaving.Is that disrespect at its worst ? When the day comes when you own your own home and invest in it and expend sweat equity in making your neighborhood nice and then something like this takes place.I believe you paid your price for "harmless mischief" but the bottom line is you came into a neighborhood that you don't even live in and showed no respect for anything.

Last edited by AMGC43; 05-17-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Out Of Control!

It's the reason there's a forum called "Kill Stories." Why did we pay for all that extra AMG or Kleemann power anyway if not to enjoy it responsibly, at least once in a while?
lowphat

Maybe you should try a set of SO-3's for a change with all the kleemann power! I have it on my 55 and it's :p
MBWorld Fanatic!

@ 7:30 in the morning raising all kinds of hell and leaving.Is that disrespect at its worst ? When the day comes when you own your own home and invest in it and expend sweat equity in making your neighborhood nice and then something like this takes place , maybe you'll understand.I believe you paid your price for "harmless mischief" but the bottom line is you came into a neighborhood that you don't even live in and showed no respect for anything.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

@ 7:30 in the morning raising all kinds of hell and leaving.Is that disrespect at its worst ? When the day comes when you own your own home and invest in it and expend sweat equity in making your neighborhood nice and then something like this takes place , maybe you'll understand.I believe you paid your price for "harmless mischief" but the bottom line is you came into a neighborhood that you don't even live in and showed no respect for anything.
Two people of the same age and in the exact same situation in their life can have completely different outlooks on the exact same issue. The day when I owned a home came long ago so I am able to relate to where you get your point of view - I understand the feeling of neighborhood pride. But there's more to the mix of life than that. We all do crazy things. Some of them are so out of bounds that no one on this forum would disagree that they are "wrong." But others cause people do disagree - and that's the beauty of forums like MBWorld. You aren't wrong - you just have a different opinion.

None of us should sleep through a life of sameness, dullsville and quiet routine. To varying degrees, don't we all count on others to bring excitement to life?

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - keep an open mind - the teacher may not look like one.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Out Of Control!

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - keep an open mind - the teacher may not look like one.
You have been thought well my young padiwan!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Two people of the same age and in the exact same situation in their life can have completely different outlooks on the exact same issue. The day when I owned a home came long ago so I am able to relate to where you get your point of view - I understand the feeling of neighborhood pride. But there's more to the mix of life than that. We all do crazy things. Some of them are so out of bounds that no one on this forum would disagree that they are "wrong." But others cause people do disagree - and that's the beauty of forums like MBWorld. You aren't wrong - you just have a different opinion.

None of us should sleep through a life of sameness, dullsville and quiet routine. To varying degrees, don't we all count on others to bring excitement to life?

For as well versed as your responses have been I am amazed that you didn't exercise more social responsibility.This generation places so much emphasis on people "dissing" each other that when you do what you did you find a creative way of justifying it by " None of us should sleep through a life of sameness, dullsville and quiet routine. To varying degrees, don't we all count on others to bring excitement to life? " is just immature.Life's about choices , the one you made was wrong , and if its makes you feel better - put it to a vote and see if I am being oversensitive or you are being socially irresponsible
let the people viewing this topic vote and decide.

Last edited by AMGC43; 05-17-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nothing is preventing anyone from viewing this thread and posting any response they like.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I say no harm done,it's not like he does it there every morning. Just a little fun nothings wrong with tire smoke. I know I don't go to the track I'm far to busy. As I see it, it is better he do it in the morining when everyone is soon to rise as opposed to midnight when I am entering my first dream. If anything that would bother me, and I own a home.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
put it to a vote and see if I am being oversensitive or you are being socially irresponsible
Heres one for oversensitive. Dont get me wrong, it would annoy me too, but i did donuts in the school parking lot here (mostly empty for summer school) and in another large open parking lot just for fun yesterday. I rarely do stuff like that because i dont have the $$$ for tires, but i think burnout noise is safer than some of these crazy in-traffic race videos we all go nuts over from time to time (ie. the silver E60 M5 vs. nogaro blue RS4 video)
Old 05-29-2005, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I agree 100%.....

Lowphat =
For as well versed as your responses have been I am amazed that you didn't exercise more social responsibility.This generation places so much emphasis on people "dissing" each other that when you do what you did you find a creative way of justifying it by " None of us should sleep through a life of sameness, dullsville and quiet routine. To varying degrees, don't we all count on others to bring excitement to life? " is just immature.Life's about choices , the one you made was wrong , and if its makes you feel better - put it to a vote and see if I am being oversensitive or you are being socially irresponsible
For Lowphat retorting so intelligently it is surprising he can't see the error in his ways, I have just recently delt w/one of you burnout in peoples neighborhood dipsh*ts! There's quite a few things you are not thinking of when subscribing to such sophomoric mischief, We live here! as well as are children if you have them, and our dogs, cats, ect..Are you going to try and justify that your expert driving could avoid hitting any of them in your retarded display of immaturity, and disrespect!! Thing is I'm all for burning out and driving fast, but a neighborhood at ANY TIME IS NOT THE PLACE! There are plenty of other locations, you just chose a neighborhood because you know there's not a lot of cops patroling neighborhoods! You are a total ***!!@*%@* I wish you lived in my area and tried that crap, I guarantee you'd never do it again...And no your stupid flat tire and ruined wheel are not payment enough...What would you say to justify your actions if you accidently killed someones pet (dog, or cat) or worse a kid on the way to school? You are a TOTAL LOSER!!!!

Last edited by Thericker; 05-29-2005 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:52 AM

1998 honda civic lx
Originally Posted by King320
Heres one for oversensitive. Dont get me wrong, it would annoy me too, but i did donuts in the school parking lot here (mostly empty for summer school) and in another large open parking lot just for fun yesterday. I rarely do stuff like that because i dont have the $$$ for tires, but i think burnout noise is safer than some of these crazy in-traffic race videos we all go nuts over from time to time (ie. the silver E60 M5 vs. nogaro blue RS4 video)
i think parking lots are a lot safer than a neighborhood, but i agree with king320's sentiment. street racing (like E60 M5 vs nogaro blu RS) is completely irresponsible and is far worse than a neighborhood! i would not want someone doing these things in my neighborhood though, so i see your points...those of you who are upset. but lowphat did burnouts at intersections and had time to look around and was in the "dark recesses of the neighborhood." i think that's a lot different than doing 360s in a crowded part of the neighborhood without looking.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
You old people need to chill out! He did burn outs, so what? If you've ever done a burnout you would realize that the car doesnt really go anywhere when you burn out so yes, i believe lowphat could avoid your precious pet (thats what the Gran turismo brakes and kleemann suspension is for). Secondly, you say burning out is immature but your so quick to use profanity and say you would grab him out the car and beat his a**?????? Now who's immature? And the last comment I'd like to make is that I'd like to see some 40+ guy come up to my car and so much as try to open my door. Did you forget your OLD and would easily get your *** handed to you???????????? We're not in the 70's anymore, check the news (for your own good).
Old 05-29-2005, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Listen you snot nosed b*tch I'm 28....And a 40 year old can whip your *** too ever

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
You old people need to chill out! He did burn outs, so what? If you've ever done a burnout you would realize that the car doesnt really go anywhere when you burn out so yes, i believe lowphat could avoid your precious pet (thats what the Gran turismo brakes and kleemann suspension is for). Secondly, you say burning out is immature but your so quick to use profanity and say you would grab him out the car and beat his a**?????? Now who's immature? And the last comment I'd like to make is that I'd like to see some 40+ guy come up to my car and so much as try to open my door. Did you forget your OLD and would easily get your *** handed to you???????????? We're not in the 70's anymore, check the news (for your own good).
Seen Randy Couture, (UFC) he's 40-41 Smart ***, You're obviously mistaken on what happens when I catch someone, anyone for that matter endangering my neighbors or pets, not to mention waking me up w/your ****y burnt rubber smell!!
Yes I've done plenty of burn outs and the ones lowphat described are flat out dangerous to be doing in A NEIGHBORHOOD get it thru your thick damaged skull, a NEIGHBORHOOD IS NOT THE PLACE TO DRIVE LIKE AN IDIOT! and he could easily loose control of his car so shut your immature mouth!! You little PUNKS need to grow up and buy your own home, and then have some retard like lowphat do his clown routine in front of your house and then report back!! Until then you've got nothing to say about it so STFUP!
Old 05-29-2005, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Your just mad because you drive a S500!

I dont mean that its a bad car, just that you can do burn outs when ever you choose

Last edited by NOTKTS; 05-29-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by NOTKTS
Your just mad because you drive a S500!

I dont mean that its a bad car, just that you can do burn outs when ever you choose
Trust me, the S500 can do some mean burn outs, and donuts w/esp off power braking to 1500rpm it lays down some rubber, and in a couple months it's getting a blower from HPS It's not the only car I own, though not a performance sports car I have a fully built 351w 69' Ford Bronco w/ Detroit locker that'll do burn outs all day long...
I've also owned numerous muscle cars in the past...

Last edited by Thericker; 05-29-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Well if you also do burn outs... aren’t you just as ir-responsible as the rest of us? Or... was it in a controlled environment, like a industrial park where you could hit some companies teamster?
Old 05-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
40 isnt old? And how the f*ck do you know if I have a house or not? Like I said before, I'd like to see you roll up to my car. Which way do you want your face to hit the pavement? Go back to gardening and leave the cars to enthusiasts
Old 05-29-2005, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thericker55
Trust me, the S500 can do some mean burn outs, and donuts w/esp off power braking to 1500rpm it lays down some rubber, and in a couple months it's getting a blower from HPS
Oh Sh**! Everyone alert your local neighborhood watch block captain!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
I did that same burnout thing this past saturday and i looked like this --> :p
In that order, huh?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Kleemann vs. Toyo