Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Auto 05 c230 vs 03/04 c240 4 matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Auto 05 c230 vs 03/04 c240 4 matic

So I really don't like to race, but sometimes people provoke and provoke and they get whats coming to them.

It's around 11:00am and I'm at a stop light and this c class pulls up behind me.... I can tell it's not my same car because of the front lower bumper, looks like a c240 or old c320. passenger gets out of the car before the light turns green and I casually drive away. As I pull up to the next light I notice the same black benz pass a car up behind me and pulls up next to me at a light. Now I did not look at the guy at all and instead stare at the hot brunnette with a big Butt and enormous TT's crossing the street As my eyes go right to left I look over at the guy next to me and see him checking out my rims. He looks at me and literally waves his hand down at me as if to say "your car is wack". I laugh and light turns green and he speeds off. Three lights later the car in front of me makes a right turn and guess who's next to me. This time I looked at his badge and it says c240 4 matic. We are at the red light and I stare at him he looks at me with a smirk and quickly turns away......... At that moment I knew it was on..... one quick glance for cops...... nope......no traffic ahead......

Light turns green and we are off I pull up about a front fenders worth on him immediately, I hear my car change gears(as I did forget to use the manumatic ) and I pull half a cars length on him and counting, by the time the tranny got to about 4th I am about two cars lengths ahead and quickly approaching 90 and guess what YUP HERE COMES THE CONTROVERSY>>>>>>>>HE STARTS GAINING ON ME next light is about a quarter mile up ahead and I decide to floor it...... to 98 I go and I was 1 full car lengths ahead of him and I start to brake and put my ricer win style hazards on :p as I approach the the light turning green to yellow and the car in front of me.......the c240 is slowing down, but still going pretty fast on the left and as he is about to pass me up on the left the car in front of me switches lanes to the left before reaching the intersection and ..................

alll I heard was screeeeeeeeeeeeeeccchhhhhh!!!!!! from the c240 about to hit this pontiac.......luckily the guy must have seen him coming cause the pontiac took the yellow/red light and kept going as the c240 passed the intersection by front fenders worth and had to back up now that the light was red.......... :p [U]I'm laughing my a$$$ off and he is right next to me and decides not to look at me acting like he's adjusting his seat or something. I looked and it was definitely an automatic. I make my right turn at the next light and he gives me the finger>>>> [/U] lol I was like WTF sore looser not my fault your brakes are terrible and just to try to beat me you almost hit a car maybe if he wouldget a quicker 6 cylinder next time before you assume things about my four- banger.........

So there you have it folks AUTO to AUTO, 1 driver to 1 driver, and 0-about 85/90 guess who's YOUR DADDY c240's no it's not the yankees, but your little baby brother/sister the one and only c230 4 banger!!!!! lol
I hope this helps put the some of the C240/c230 controversy to rest.......0-85/90 pound for pound lol c230 is the champ although admittedly not by a whole lot, once 90and above well that's a whole nother ball game folks!!!!! lol
Guess we'll have to wait and see someone who is willing to go over 100 cause I sure as hell am not lol!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-02-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
that see two fourty got PWNED!!!!!!
nice job mang!
Old 06-03-2005, 12:14 AM

Thanks mang!
Old 06-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Banned

F248 F1
hilarious!!! LOL

which reminds me, once a brand new M5 tried to be an *** to my brother and me. We were in his truck we were speeding(not really going 80) in the freeway, the guy got mad cuz we passed him so he gunned it we look to our side we were laughing are butts off cuz he was mad as helll...and theirs traffic up ahead lol and this guy is to busy giving us the finger and WHAM !!! i still remember that like yesterday! lol that M5 was brand new- no plates hahahaha

Old 06-03-2005, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by caliboy
So I really don't like to race, but sometimes people provoke and provoke and they get whats coming to them.

It's around 11:00am and I'm at a stop light and this c class pulls up behind me.... I can tell it's not my same car because of the front lower bumper, looks like a c240 or old c320. passenger gets out of the car before the light turns green and I casually drive away. As I pull up to the next light I notice the same black benz pass a car up behind me and pulls up next to me at a light. Now I did not look at the guy at all and instead stare at the hot brunnette with a big Butt and enormous TT's crossing the street As my eyes go right to left I look over at the guy next to me and see him checking out my rims. He looks at me and literally waves his hand down at me as if to say "your car is wack". I laugh and light turns green and he speeds off. Three lights later the car in front of me makes a right turn and guess who's next to me. This time I looked at his badge and it says c240 4 matic. We are at the red light and I stare at him he looks at me with a smirk and quickly turns away......... At that moment I knew it was on..... one quick glance for cops...... nope......no traffic ahead......

Light turns green and we are off I pull up about a front fenders worth on him immediately, I hear my car change gears(as I did forget to use the manumatic ) and I pull half a cars length on him and counting, by the time the tranny got to about 4th I am about two cars lengths ahead and quickly approaching 90 and guess what YUP HERE COMES THE CONTROVERSY>>>>>>>>HE STARTS GAINING ON ME next light is about a quarter mile up ahead and I decide to floor it...... to 98 I go and I was 1 full car lengths ahead of him and I start to brake and put my ricer win style hazards on :p as I approach the the light turning green to yellow and the car in front of me.......the c240 is slowing down, but still going pretty fast on the left and as he is about to pass me up on the left the car in front of me switches lanes to the left before reaching the intersection and ..................

alll I heard was screeeeeeeeeeeeeeccchhhhhh!!!!!! from the c240 about to hit this pontiac.......luckily the guy must have seen him coming cause the pontiac took the yellow/red light and kept going as the c240 passed the intersection by front fenders worth and had to back up now that the light was red.......... :p [U]I'm laughing my a$$$ off and he is right next to me and decides not to look at me acting like he's adjusting his seat or something. I looked and it was definitely an automatic. I make my right turn at the next light and he gives me the finger>>>> [/U] lol I was like WTF sore looser not my fault your brakes are terrible and just to try to beat me you almost hit a car maybe if he wouldget a quicker 6 cylinder next time before you assume things about my four- banger.........

So there you have it folks AUTO to AUTO, 1 driver to 1 driver, and 0-about 85/90 guess who's YOUR DADDY c240's no it's not the yankees, but your little baby brother/sister the one and only c230 4 banger!!!!! lol
I hope this helps put the some of the C240/c230 controversy to rest.......0-85/90 pound for pound lol c230 is the champ although admittedly not by a whole lot, once 90and above well that's a whole nother ball game folks!!!!! lol
Guess we'll have to wait and see someone who is willing to go over 100 cause I sure as hell am not lol!
thank you for proving my point. if the 4 matic was close to you a auto 2wd version would have left you for dead. ill make another video for you and then you can again cry foul. lets see delbomber use equations to show me that 150 lbs wont slow a 240 down much in a race. I call this a win for the C240 given it was still near you. that thing IS THE SLOWEST CAR I HAVE DRIVEN in the last few years. Kind of fun to canyon race it though. floor it after you turn in and the 4wd part kicks in and pulls the car out of the turn. I also like the double wishbone set-up in the front of the 4matic given that it has a much better camber curve and far better tire wear.

we talk about a fair race so you race the slowest mb built against the second slowest and are shocked that the second slowest car lost. wow... thanks for the post caliboy.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 06-03-2005 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by ctC230K
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
that see two fourty got PWNED!!!!!!
nice job mang!
noooo way mang...

Old 06-03-2005, 02:29 AM

2001 c240
Fun stuff either way hehe.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
thank you for proving my point. if the 4 matic was close to you a auto 2wd version would have left you for dead. ill make another video for you and then you can again cry foul. lets see delbomber use equations to show me that 150 lbs wont slow a 240 down much in a race. I call this a win for the C240 given it was still near you. that thing IS THE SLOWEST CAR I HAVE DRIVEN in the last few years. Kind of fun to canyon race it though. floor it after you turn in and the 4wd part kicks in and pulls the car out of the turn. I also like the double wishbone set-up in the front of the 4matic given that it has a much better camber curve and far better tire wear.

we talk about a fair race so you race the slowest mb built against the second slowest and are shocked that the second slowest car lost. wow... thanks for the post caliboy.
How is it a win for the c240 when he clearly lost Read the post carefully we ran about a quarter mile distance and he got beat by 2 almost two car lengths ....... a 2wd c240 would only gaina bout a car's length on that in a race from 0-80/90 after that seems as if the top end of the six cylinder takes over. So I am giving credit to both cars one is faster 0-60 and the other seems to pick up speed after that. quarter mile c230 would beat it regardless of the 2/4wdrive and I should have corrected my thread at the end...... I am not knocking the c240 4 matic I am knocking the idiot who gave me the finger because HE LOST! AND WAS A SORE LOSER. I would actually love it if the c230 was a kompressor and 4 matic as I go to school in the northeast US NYC and would love it for the snow traction. And by the way the second slowest car won not the slowest you FOO! lol
Old 06-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
NICE!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by caliboy
How is it a win for the c240 when he clearly lost Read the post carefully we ran about a quarter mile distance and he got beat by 2 almost two car lengths ....... a 2wd c240 would only gaina bout a car's length on that in a race from 0-80/90 after that seems as if the top end of the six cylinder takes over. So I am giving credit to both cars one is faster 0-60 and the other seems to pick up speed after that. quarter mile c230 would beat it regardless of the 2/4wdrive and I should have corrected my thread at the end...... I am not knocking the c240 4 matic I am knocking the idiot who gave me the finger because HE LOST! AND WAS A SORE LOSER. I would actually love it if the c230 was a kompressor and 4 matic as I go to school in the northeast US NYC and would love it for the snow traction. And by the way the second slowest car won not the slowest you FOO! lol
go find a guy in a C240 RWD and race him for 0-130. I bet you see tail lights all the way there and by the end i bet you will be seeing a dot in the distance. The 4matic is much slower than the 2wd version so this race was not a fair way to defend the C240 vs C230k debate.

I still hold that a C230k is SLOWER than any 2wd C240 after 2nd gear.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:12 AM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
go find a guy in a C240 RWD and race him for 0-130. I bet you see tail lights all the way there and by the end i bet you will be seeing a dot in the distance. The 4matic is much slower than the 2wd version so this race was not a fair way to defend the C240 vs C230k debate.

I still hold that a C230k is SLOWER than any 2wd C240 after 2nd gear.
Congrats, Cyndi, by carrying on the argument here, there's no longer any question about it...the 230's and 240's are now the laughing stock of the community. Detached from the argument and no longer caring, I still must set the record straight.

You can't race a 4matic 240 against an auto 230 and expect to settle this, Cyndi is right about that. But then, by the same logic, if he wants the fastest 240 to be raced against a 230, he would have to do it against the fastest 230, the 6-speed.

It doesn't matter that professional, independent tests have shown that through the 1/4 mile an auto 230 vs. auto 240, the 240 is 7 car lengths back, or that within the realm of virtually 100% of non-racing driving, the 230 outpaces the 240, or that in real life, when lane-changing is involved, the lack of sway for the 230 compared to the 240 would offer an even greater advantage to the 230...

...in one tiny spectrum of the speedo, in a handicap race from an arbitrary starting speed, the 240 might be faster. LOL. If they want to cling to that shred of respect for that boring *** car, let them...

If you want to call a car slow, you have to define the parameters. I'd rather have a car that is PROVEN by tests, physics, my own experience, and more than just two loudmouths on MBWorld to be faster within any range from 0-100 (including 60-90) than some ugly grandpa car that can MAYBE get from 60-130 faster.

The very basis of the argument is flawed. These are everyday driving cars, why would you compare them outside the range of their intended use, i.e. beyond 90 mph? It's like dropping two cars off the Empire State Building to see which is safer, when accident forces never approach those levels. It's IDIOTIC. Anything said to defend it, therefore, is inherently idiotic. Go ahead and attack my argument style again, because you can't refute the facts. It's over, man, LET GO.

Man this is a sorry topic.

Last edited by delbomber; 06-03-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
c240 4matic = slow + heavy
c240 2wd = slow + slow
either way you lose.

Originally Posted by delbomber
Congrats, Cyndi, by carrying on the argument here, there's no longer any question about it...the 230's and 240's are now the laughing stock of the community. Detached from the argument and no longer caring, I still must set the record straight.
EXACTLY the reason why I drive a C23.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:23 PM

2001 C240 Tectite
Oh god, not this **** again. first they wanted a manual c230 against a c240, but even better, they found a 4matic C240 to race against. here's what buddy, go find yourself a parked sl65 and I'm sure you'll beat it by at least 10-12 cars.

come on, 4matic, major drivetrain loss from having to turn 4 wheels, plus an added 178 pounds.

coooooooooooooooooooome on

I can't believe the 4matic was close, damn the 1.8 is even slower than we thought... or maybe it was just hot outside.. anyway.. what's next, you're gonna start looking for a c240 with 20 inch wheels and 5 people in the car.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Both these cars are slow as hell and were never meant to race. End of Story.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:47 PM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Both these cars are slow as hell and were never meant to race. End of Story.
Exactly. It's a ridiculous argument. It was fun to argue about for a while, but in the end, no one cares. I'm just sorry these 240 drivers had to disgrace all C-Class owners by bringing it here...

As I said "The very basis of the argument is flawed. These are everyday driving cars, why would you compare them outside the range of their intended use, i.e. beyond 90 mph? It's like dropping two cars off the Empire State Building to see which is safer, when accident forces never approach those levels. It's IDIOTIC. Anything said to defend it, therefore, is inherently idiotic."
Old 06-03-2005, 02:50 PM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by Narcissus
Oh god, not this **** again. first they wanted a manual c230 against a c240, but even better, they found a 4matic C240 to race against. here's what buddy, go find yourself a parked sl65 and I'm sure you'll beat it by at least 10-12 cars.

come on, 4matic, major drivetrain loss from having to turn 4 wheels, plus an added 178 pounds.

coooooooooooooooooooome on

I can't believe the 4matic was close, damn the 1.8 is even slower than we thought... or maybe it was just hot outside.. anyway.. what's next, you're gonna start looking for a c240 with 20 inch wheels and 5 people in the car.

Just let go...you are doing more to hurt the image of both cars than you could ever gain by winning your ridiculous argument.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
EXACTLY the reason why I drive a C23.
A whaaa?

This whole argument really amuses me, i dont know why but the believability of 230 engine claims have always been WAY suspect in my iopinion, CT im not talking about your car here, i havent seen any claims by you, just the C23 thing. I have however seen C230 guys (sportcoupe especially) make crazy claims about everything from beating M3s to S500s to C/CLK320s (with both 230 and 320 engines stock). I've said this before but just to reiterate, i like the 230 engine alright, and i really like the sport sedan, but *some* of you guys need to realize that just because your car has a supercharger doesnt mean it rules the street any more than an Audi 1.8t driver does just because he has a turbo .
I do see how you enjoy your cars tho, factory FI engines are SO freaking easy to mod. Enjoy the cars, but keep it in perspective
Old 06-03-2005, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
go find yourself a parked sl65 and I'm sure you'll beat it by at least 10-12 cars.

LOL
Old 06-03-2005, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by King320
A whaaa?
yes, a C23.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:23 PM

2001 C240 Tectite
Just let go...you are doing more to hurt the image of both cars than you could ever gain by winning your ridiculous argument.

You let go buddy, why would you question people who drove both cars, people who know a lot about cars and tuning, why question them, really. I mean I dont care how fast a stock c230k or c240 goes, I really don't, mine is far from stock and I will leave you standing anywhere, the thing bothering me is you not wanting to see the fact that your car is not as fast as the numbers show, come on, at 65 farenheit your car loses, get it, close to 60 pound of torque, are you gonna argue with your buddy ctc230k dynos? imagine how much heatsoak totally kills your car if it's +100 outside, and humid. have you seen the torque curve? how can the car accelrate more than a c240 at highway speed?

I had the c230k (1.8) for more than a year, I had the 2.3 99 c230k for close to 2 years, and the c240 for a little over a year. Why do you come over here bragging after reading a post from some clown who raced a friggin 4matic then tell me to stop whinning. I wouldn'T want to play poker against you, I'd probably end up smashing your face

Delbomber: 2 pairs, I win
Friend: But you cheated
Delbomber: tut tut tut I win.
Friend: You'Re cheating
Delbomber: stop complaining, I win.
Friend: there's no way you can have 2 pairs
Delbomber: it'S just a game man, stop whinning, I win

lol
Old 06-03-2005, 03:44 PM

05 C230wz 6M
You let go buddy, why would you question people who drove both cars, people who know a lot about cars and tuning, why question them, really. I mean I dont care how fast a stock c230k or c240 goes, I really don't, mine is far from stock and I will leave you standing anywhere, the thing bothering me is you not wanting to see the fact that your car is not as fast as the numbers show, come on, at 65 farenheit your car loses, get it, close to 60 pound of torque, are you gonna argue with your buddy ctc230k dynos? imagine how much heatsoak totally kills your car if it's +100 outside, and humid. have you seen the torque curve? how can the car accelrate more than a c240 at highway speed?

I had the c230k (1.8) for more than a year, I had the 2.3 99 c230k for close to 2 years, and the c240 for a little over a year. Why do you come over here bragging after reading a post from some clown who raced a friggin 4matic then tell me to stop whinning. I wouldn'T want to play poker against you, I'd probably end up smashing your face

Delbomber: 2 pairs, I win
Friend: But you cheated
Delbomber: tut tut tut I win.
Friend: You'Re cheating
Delbomber: stop complaining, I win.
Friend: there's no way you can have 2 pairs
Delbomber: it'S just a game man, stop whinning, I win

lol
Toolbox, I said the race wasn't valid. And suddenly ct's dyno represents ALL c230s? MB is lying, then?

Let me sum it up....

You and two other people care.
Both cars are relatively slow.
C230 is faster 0-60, 0-100, 60-100.
C240 MIGHT be faster 60-130.
60-130 is a range that is irrelevant for every-day cars.
NO ONE CARES.
BOTH CARS ARE RELATIVELY SLOW.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:54 PM

2001 C240 Tectite
Toolbox, I said the race wasn't valid. And suddenly ct's dyno represents ALL c230s? MB is lying, then?

Let me sum it up....

You and two other people care.
Both cars are relatively slow.
C230 is faster 0-60, 0-100, 60-100.
C240 MIGHT be faster 60-130.
60-130 is a range that is irrelevant for every-day cars.
NO ONE CARES.
BOTH CARS ARE RELATIVELY SLOW.
On a very hot day a c240 will take you from 0- whatever, I remember a post from Buellwinkle on the other site, he dynoed his car alsmost daily with all the gizmos, and reported close to 25 hp loss on a hot day, with a 2002 2.3l 230k

now.. the 2.3 has 5-7 psi of boost, the 1.8 develop 10-12 psi of boost, so the M271 supercharger puts out 40 to 60 degrees more heat of compression throughout the RPM band over the 2.3 liter engine. Combined with the added pressure produced by the compressor, the M271 intercooler is more sensitive to heat soak and more likely to retard ignition advance.

anyway.

Last edited by Narcissus; 06-03-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
yes, a C23.
WOW! great idea, can i play too?
Attached Thumbnails Auto 05 c230 vs 03/04 c240 4 matic-clk320-copy.jpg   Auto 05 c230 vs 03/04 c240 4 matic-clk32.jpg  
Old 06-03-2005, 03:59 PM

05 C230wz 6M
On a very hot day a c240 will take you from 0- whatever, I remember a post from Buellwinkle on the other site, he dynoed his car alsmost daily with all the gizmos, and reported close to 25 hp loss on a hot day, with a 2002 2.3l 230k

now.. the 2.3 has 5-7 psi of boost, the 1.8 develop 10-12 psi of boost, so the M271 supercharger puts out 40 to 60 degrees more heat of compression throughout the RPM band over the 2.3 liter engine. Combined with the added pressure produced by the compressor, the M271 intercooler is more sensitive to heat soak and more likely to retard ignition advance.

anyway.

Finally, a rational argument. But these engines are intercooled, mitigating the otherwise increased heatsoak effect of a supercharger.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:01 PM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by King320
WOW! great idea, can i play too?
From the looks of your license plate trim, you're already playing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto 05 c230 vs 03/04 c240 4 matic