Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLS55 vs Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by LovinSL600
... conversely, if you could buy a Vanquish S for $100,000, no one would buy the CLS55 when they could have the Vanquish S for that same $100,000.
I would. Espically picturing that lovely CLS55 AMG sitting low on some HREs. But that's just me... enjoy the Vanquish.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vomit
Calm, Lexani, Calm...

If you buy one because you can't afford more than one, then you are a poser, and should have allocated your hard-earned money to something wiser.
Thats why I bought two SL600s!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by Lexani
I would. Espically picturing that lovely CLS55 AMG sitting low on some HREs. But that's just me... enjoy the Vanquish.
OK, I will make a deal with you. I'll admit you are totally awake if you agree to pass it to me when you are done!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK, I will make a deal with you. I'll admit you are totally awake if you agree to pass it to me when you are done!
...sure.

I think a joke just slipped the Lex-radar.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
ive been on this thread from the begining. so cool your jets turbo. i was merely pointing out that your exagerated statement was just that exagerated.
Perhaps you should actually try racing around a circuit and see how "insignificant" of a lead someone has after ten laps at 0.2 seconds per lap. This would very quickly add up to multiple carlengths, Einstein.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:05 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While your CLS55 is a nice car, I wouldn't even try to mention it in the same breath as the Vanquish S.

Having driven both cars I can assure you the CLS55 can not even be compared in terms of speed, handling or anything for that matter.

That fact that you were beating the Vanquish is only because the person in the Vanquish was either crippled or just wanted you to have a nice dream.

The Vanquish S is one of the best exotic cars in the world and to even compare it to the CLS55 is a disgrace. Actual road and track test results would confirm this.

I hope you enjoy your dream and are equally able to enjoy your car when you wake up.
I am glad that Lovin is happy with his vehicle but next time try not to make such unequivacle claims that the Vanquish S would disgrace the CLS55 before knowing all RELEVANT FACTS. Probably 3/4 of this thread could have been avoided.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:06 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW, good going Improviz on sticking with factual data as usual. Lexani- you are getting better too on replys with relevant data.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hmmmm. Didn't know laps were straight. You learn something new every day.
YOU might start by actually learning to read. It was reported earlier in the thread that Top Gear, which tests their cars around a circuit (this means it has curves, since you don't seem to know anything about road racing), tested the CLS55 AMG at 0.2 faster around their circuit (again, a circuit is a short course with lots of pretty, shiny curves).

So, yes, my astonishlingly arrogant and ignorant friend, not only was the CLS55 tested faster in a straight line (contrary to your earlier ignorant statement that it could not be compared to the Aston in terms of straightline speed), it was also tested faster around a track with the same professional driver at the wheel each time.

In other words, you simply don't have a leg to stand on. All of your "factual" statements have been exposed as utterly false.

Oh, I forgot, now the suspension in the CLS is superior to the Vanquish S.
You don't even know what a circuit is, and you want to lecture me about suspensions? You funny!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Improviz
Perhaps you should actually try racing around a circuit and see how "insignificant" of a lead someone has after ten laps at 0.2 seconds per lap. This would very quickly add up to multiple carlengths, Einstein.
lol He has a point Eric, that's very good thinking.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by adx
Lexani- you are getting better too on replys with relevant data.
ADX! What's going on man? Long time no talk, glad you think my posts are "relevant" but I'm sorry, I must say they always were. Regardless, good to see you're still on the site.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
YOU might start by actually learning to read. It was reported earlier in the thread that Top Gear, which tests their cars around a circuit (this means it has curves, since you don't seem to know anything about road racing), tested the CLS55 AMG at 0.2 faster around their circuit (again, a circuit is a short course with lots of pretty, shiny curves).

So, yes, my astonishlingly arrogant and ignorant friend, not only was the CLS55 tested faster in a straight line (contrary to your earlier ignorant statement that it could not be compared to the Aston in terms of straightline speed), it was also tested faster around a track with the same professional driver at the wheel each time.

In other words, you simply don't have a leg to stand on. All of your "factual" statements have been exposed as utterly false.

You don't even know what a circuit is, and you want to lecture me about suspensions? You funny!
Not good when you start to make things up because you lack knowledge. You are not even worth my time. You won't get another response.

Next time you can post and play with yourself at the same time. Maybe then you will have an excuse.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:23 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

ADX! What's going on man? Long time no talk, glad you think my posts are "relevant" but I'm sorry, I must say they always were. Regardless, good to see you're still on the site.
You are always a character. BTW, are you planning to come to the Nov. 5th Vegas GTG?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
The cars when looked at from a performance point of view are just not comparable.
Dude, you are simply deluded beyond belief. The CLS55 has been tested faster around a circuit (which again, FYI, has many, many pretty curves around which the nice men who race cars drive very, very fast). It has been tested faster in a straight line.

In what strange, parallel universe is it that you live? Your statement is so prima facie ridiculous that it is actually quite laughable.

By what measure of "performance" is it that the cars are not comparable? Handling? CLS55 was tested faster around a circuit. Acceleration? CLS55 was tested faster. Braking? Road & Track took 125 ft. to stop the last Vanquish they tested from 60 mph. They haven't tested a CLS55, but the E55, which has the same weight, chassis, and brakes, but narrower tires which will lengthen its stopping distances compared to the CLS55, did it in 118 ft. Skidpad? The CLS55 was tested in the new Car & Driver at 0.88 g, the same as what Road & Track got in the last Vanquish they tested. Slalom speed? None available for the CLS55, but the E55, which doesn't pull as well on the skidpad due to narrower tires, did 64.5 mph to the Vanquish's 65.7, meaning that the CLS55 would likely meet or beat the Vanquish.

So out of speed, acceleration, braking, skidpad, and slalom, the Benz bests the Vanquish in 4/5, and the 1 is a solid "maybe" because I don't have slalom data for the CLS55.

Who is dreaming now??

Last edited by Improviz; 09-13-2005 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Not good when you start to make things up because you lack knowledge. You are not even worth my time. You won't get another response.
What's the matter, is your *** sore from getting spanked?? You haven't got one fact on your side, and now you try to lie about mine, all of which are documented? Pretty lame, dude...next time you engage in debate, you might try verifying that the facts are on your side before you start hurling insults at people.

Next time you can post and play with yourself at the same time. Maybe then you will have an excuse.
I believe it was you who was jerking us off, no need for any involvement from me.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by adx
You are always a character. BTW, are you planning to come to the Nov. 5th Vegas GTG?
Hope to always be that way. Let's check: Yup, I'm still hated on. Same 'ol Lexani.

In regards to Vegas, you know, I haven't given it much thought. To be honest with you though, I have wanted to go to Vegas, it's been almost a year since I last went. I will be PMing you possibly tomorrow to let you know if I will attend. Not sure what I'm doing on that day, but I do hope my schedule is open.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
you really need to relax. you are insulting EVERYONE. if you are not a grown up i get it. however if you are a grown up then act like it and dont sink to the level of name calling. i have not called you one name yet you see fit to mock me when i provided you with 50 percent of your data. seriously relax and try the "cant we all get along approach."

now the .2 difference. the stigg took 1 lap in each car. notice 1 lap. he didnt take 100 and get the best time from it. which leads me back to how can you infer that it we have a huge lead in the end? i know that .2 second over 5 laps gives you a 1 second advantage however that is if this lap occured in a vacumn and there was 0 racer traffic. what you also failed to miss was the auton took 3 times to the track to get just 1 recordable lap time.

i am not in favor of either car. if i had the money for either i would not spend it. however i am in favor of you not calling me or anyone else names. it just brings the discussion down to a sticks and stones match.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^ I wish I was Einstien.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
you really need to relax. you are insulting EVERYONE. if you are not a grown up i get it. however if you are a grown up then act like it and dont sink to the level of name calling. i have not called you one name yet you see fit to mock me when i provided you with 50 percent of your data. seriously relax and try the "cant we all get along approach."
Einstein is an insulting name? Hookay...well, actually, it was sarcasm....

now the .2 difference. the stigg took 1 lap in each car. notice 1 lap. he didnt take 100 and get the best time from it. which leads me back to how can you infer that it we have a huge lead in the end?
Please don't put words in my mouth (or on my keyboard); I didn't say it was "huge", I said it was "significant". I said this because, as I pointed out, over time, this would add up to buslengths, not carlengths. If the two cars were going 80 mph when they crossed the finish line, after five laps the 0.2 faster car would be 117 feet ahead. By lap 13, the faster car would be ahead by one football field. By lap 50, it would be out nearly 1/4 mile.

And I really don't like your yanking one statement, which I again used to make a point, namely that the performance of the two cars is COMPARABLE, out of its original context and starting a subjective argument with it. My opinion is that this is a significant difference.

Further, I already stated the following, which you don't seem to have read:
Of course, these are street cars, not track cars, and I agree that 0.2 certainly isn't enough of a difference to sway most people's purchase decisions one way or the other (it certainly wouldn't sway mine one way or the other)...so for 99.99% of drivers this is nothing more than trivia, but in an actual circuit race, 0.2 is definitely significant.
Did you skip this, or what??

i know that .2 second over 5 laps gives you a 1 second advantage however that is if this lap occured in a vacumn and there was 0 racer traffic. what you also failed to miss was the auton took 3 times to the track to get just 1 recordable lap time.
I failed to miss it? Wtf does that mean? And wtf does the amount of traffic, or lack thereof, have to do with anything? No, there were no other cars, nor was there any snow, rain, sleet, hail, sand, rocks, boulders, mountains, or other obstacles on the track, and this is intentional: the purpose of these tests is to COMPARE the relative performance of the cars tested. They do this by having the SAME driver pilot the cars around the SAME track. In this way, a relative yardstick of performance for all of the cars being compared is established, so that people can COMPARE the cars. And the established FACT is that the CLS55 was tested faster. I produced this fact to establish a point, namely that the performance of the two cars, for the fifth time now, is COMPARABLE.

Sheesh, dude...why are you so hung up on one statement?? For reasons stated above, I believe that "significant" was an appropriate choice of words. If you feel otherwise, then please, by all means, empirically demonstrate what exactly constitutes "significant"...

i am not in favor of either car. if i had the money for either i would not spend it. however i am in favor of you not calling me or anyone else names. it just brings the discussion down to a sticks and stones match.
Well, I got annoyed at your butting into a debate about performance and starting a tangential debate about one word, because it was unrelated to and distracted from the point I was trying to make. I'm debating the performance of these two cars, and whether it is comparable, and have no wish to spin it off into a silly argument over semantics.

Btw, I accidentally hit "post" instead of "preview", and so the first, harsher draft got posted before I toned it down per above...unfortunately, someone has already quoted it (dang, don't you guys ever sleep? )...sorry 'bout that, but **** happens, unfortunately....

Last edited by Improviz; 09-13-2005 at 02:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:11 AM

^^ I wish I was Einstien.
I love Chemistry and Physics

Lets all change the subject to Chemistry

LETs all start a debate on Einstiens Theory of Relativity.
E=mc^2
The change in energy= the change in mass*the velocity of light squared in units of eV (electron Volts)

Convert 345eV to MeV
Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 AM

Einstein is an insulting name? Hookay...well, actually, it was sarcasm....

Please don't put words in my mouth (or on my keyboard); I didn't say it was "huge", I said it was "significant". I said this because, as I pointed out, over time, this would add up to buslengths, not carlengths. If the two cars were going 80 mph when they crossed the finish line, after five laps the 0.2 faster car would be 117 feet ahead. By lap 13, the faster car would be ahead by one football field. By lap 50, it would be out nearly 1/4 mile.

And I really don't like your yanking one statement, which I again used to make a point, namely that the performance of the two cars is COMPARABLE, out of its original context and starting a subjective argument with it. My opinion is that this is a significant difference. Whether or not you agree with this is inconsequential, and does nothing to alter my central point, which for the fourth time now was that the performance of the two cars is COMPARABLE.

Further, I already stated the following, which you don't seem to have read:

Got that? And yet you continue to argue an utterly meaningless point.

I failed to miss it? Wtf does that mean? And wtf does the amount of traffic, or lack thereof, have to do with anything? No, there were no other cars, nor was there any snow, rain, sleet, hail, sand, rocks, boulders, mountains, or other obstacles on the track, and this is intentional: the purpose of these tests is to COMPARE the relative performance of the cars tested. They do this by having the SAME driver pilot the cars around the SAME track. In this way, a relative yardstick of performance for all of the cars being compared is established, so that people can COMPARE the cars. And the established FACT is that the CLS55 was tested faster. I produced this fact to establish a point, namely that the performance of the two cars, for the fifth time now, is COMPARABLE. And your little sideshow does nothing to disprove this, so what, exactly, is *your* point?

Is your point that the two cars are not comparable? If so, debate it, because that's what I am debating.

Or is it that you disagree with my use of the word "significantly"? Fine, then how about this: why don't you empirically establish exactly what constitutes a "significant" margin of victory, and back it up with facts? One second? Ten seconds? A minute? An hour? Leap year? Eternity?

Oh, and then after you're finished, feel free to explain why it is, exactly, that you should be regarded as The Final Word on the usage and application of the word "significant" in the context of auto racing, and why I should be willing to accept you as such.

Well, I am not in favor of your butting into the middle of a debate about performance and questioning my usage of the word "significant", because I am not here to argue semantics with you, nor am I in favor of tangential arguments. And I believe it was you who started a tangential, inconsequential, subjective argument utterly unrelated to the point I was trying to make, and frankly, I find it annoying.

So if I act annoyed, it's because I am, because you are wasting my time. If you can prove that 0.2 is not significant, please do so; I maintain that it is, and simple mathematics proves it as shown above. MY point was, for the sixth time now, to demonstrate that the performance of the two cars was COMPARABLE, and I believe that I have established this quite conclusively.

As it now stands, this is nothing more than a subjective argument over semantics, and I've got better things to do.
why are you even speaking.. You drive a 2001 CLK. You shouldn't even have privledge to talk to someone that drives an AM. :v
Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 AM

W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
Originally Posted by MerzadY_BoY
why are you even speaking.. You drive a 2001 CLK. You shouldn't even have privledge to talk to someone that drives an AM. :v
"Pot calling the kettle black"
Mr base model car driver.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If you guys don't play nice, quite a few people will get put on probation. You guys know who you are.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:17 AM

C32
yeah but im not talking **** to a man who can buy an AM, nor am i arguing that my car is better than his so boo hoo

LOL. A man who can buy an AM doesn't mean he knows everything about car. How do you know Improviz is talking sh*t? I think someone else is talking sh*t here.

why are you even speaking.. You drive a 2001 CLK. You shouldn't even have privledge to talk to someone that drives an AM.
I think civic guys need to cut off their tongue(s).
Old 09-13-2005, 06:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Its not ABS flickering it is the ESP.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
I love Chemistry and Physics

Lets all change the subject to Chemistry

LETs all start a debate on Einstiens Theory of Relativity.
E=mc^2
The change in energy= the change in mass*the velocity of light squared in units of eV (electron Volts)

Convert 345eV to MeV

uh oh, watch out the 12 year olds are here now and throwing their 2 cents in

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLS55 vs Vanquish