Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLS55 vs Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
If you guys don't play nice, quite a few people will get put on probation. You guys know who you are.
thats whack! hope you are talking about MerzadY_BoY cause these guys are having a perfectly legit, adult debate. while some may get their feelings hurt cause they just got owned with factual data doesnt mean others should be put on probation
Old 09-13-2005, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
thats whack! hope you are talking about MerzadY_BoY cause these guys are having a perfectly legit, adult debate. while some may get their feelings hurt cause they just got owned with factual data doesnt mean others should be put on probation
I think that wand has gone to that boys head if you ask me. Just about every thread has ricky saying something like "calm down guys" or "it's wand time" or "presto-chango-threado-locko".

While people are disagreeing on this thread, it's not getting to the suspension level or anything. Please, put the wand down and step away from the internet.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
The name Lexani instills "irrelevance" in most peoples minds, so without reading my posts they assume the worst.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by MerzadY_BoY
yeah but im not talking **** to a man who can buy an AM,
Oh, so a person's economic status allows them to make false statements, or statements with which one disagrees, with no discussion, debate, or dissent? By that ridiculous standard, you, who own two cars which cost far less than mine, should not be arguing with me either. A CLK55 AMG costs 150% of what your E320 cost, 200% of what your 325 cost, and will blow either of them so far into the weeds that you'd suffer terminal allergies while picking dandelions out of your teeth. So why are you talking smack? Can you say "double standard", or more accurately, "double ridiculous standard"??

OK, fine. So I'll state that a 1976 Honda Civic with the two speed automatic would blow your E320 away. Further, a 50cc moped with the parking brake on would run away from your 325. And because I drive a more expensive car than yours, by your own standard you are prohibited from debating or discussing these patently false, utterly ridiculous claims with me. Insofar as you are concerned, they are now absolute, ironclad facts, and shall stand for eternity without challenge from you. Allright?? Good.

This guy said that the CLS55's performance was "not comparable" to that of the Aston. Clearly, it is not only comparable, it is better by several measures. Clearly, his statement was wrong. Clearly, your economic hero worship does nothing to change these salient facts.

nor am i arguing that my car is better than his so boo hoo
Please a) learn to read, and then b) feel free to read back through this thread and provide any instance of my arguing that the CLS55 is a better car than the Vanquish. In fact, I stated that the Vanquish is one of my all time favorites, and that I would rather have a Vanquish than a CLS55. But this in no way means that the two cars are not comparable in performance, which is what the debate was about.

Learn to read more carefully.

Last edited by Improviz; 09-13-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Improviz
Oh, so a person's economic status allows them to make false statements with impugnity? By that ridiculous standard, you, who own two cars which cost far less than mine, should not be arguing with me either. A CLK55 AMG costs 150% of what your E320 cost, 200% of what your 325 cost, and will blow either of them so far into the weeds that you'd suffer terminal allergies while picking dandelions out of your teeth. So why are you talking smack? Can you say "double standard", or more accurately, "double ridiculous standard"??

This guy said that the CLS55's performance was "not comparable" to that of the Aston. Clearly, it is not only comparable, it is better by several measures. Clearly, his statement was wrong. Clearly, your economic hero worship does nothing to change these salient facts.

Please a) learn to read, and then b) feel free to read back through this thread and provide any instance of my arguing that the CLS55 is a better car than the Vanquish. In fact, I stated that the Vanquish is one of my all time favorites, and that I would rather have a Vanquish than a CLS55. But this in no way means that the two cars are not comparable in performance, which is what the debate was about.

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! I need one of those "Owned" signs lol
Old 09-13-2005, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 55 ON IT
"Pot calling the kettle black"
Mr base model car driver.
That's hilarious! Everytime I hear it, the "kettle" line, its a good laugh.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:46 AM

ya, I’m the one starting all the controversy
Old 09-13-2005, 11:55 AM

... I drive a more expensive car than yours, ...:
2005 E320+2004 325Ci = ~$60,000+~$38,000 = ~$100,000 > 2001 CLK55
Old 09-13-2005, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
were not talking about mom and daddys car here
Old 09-13-2005, 12:00 PM

were not talking about mom and daddys car here
no we are not.

everyone go back to read what i quoted in quote 95. Improz wanted me to change it because it was too harsh but i quoted it before he changed it!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Oh, so a person's economic status allows them to make false statements, or statements with which one disagrees, with no discussion, debate, or dissent? By that ridiculous standard, you, who own two cars which cost far less than mine, should not be arguing with me either. A CLK55 AMG costs 150% of what your E320 cost, 200% of what your 325 cost, and will blow either of them so far into the weeds that you'd suffer terminal allergies while picking dandelions out of your teeth. So why are you talking smack? Can you say "double standard", or more accurately, "double ridiculous standard"??

OK, fine. So I'll state that a 1976 Honda Civic with the two speed automatic would blow your E320 away. Further, a 50cc moped with the parking brake on would run away from your 325. And because I drive a more expensive car than yours, by your own standard you are prohibited from debating or discussing these patently false, utterly ridiculous claims with me. Insofar as you are concerned, they are now absolute, ironclad facts, and shall stand for eternity without challenge from you. Allright?? Good.

Improviz, dont even bother wasting your breath on this 12 year old kid, those cars arent his
Old 09-13-2005, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Improviz, dont even bother wasting your breath on this 12 year old kid, those cars arent his
Be careful, you may be banned for using the "" smilie.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
no we are not.

everyone go back to read what i quoted in quote 95. Improz wanted me to change it because it was too harsh but i quoted it before he changed it!
settle down youngster i know what this thread is about. im talking about your comment that "your" cars add up to more than Improviz's clk55 and that in fact this is not true cause they arent your cars, they are your mommy and daddys cars
Old 09-13-2005, 12:04 PM

Ya im 12, and not name calling. How about i act as mature as you, ya yankee! yankee yankee!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
Be careful, you may be banned for using the "" smilie.
lol good point, i take back that smiley!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:06 PM

settle down youngster i know what this thread is about. im talking about your comment that "your" cars add up to more than Improviz's clk55 and that in fact this is not true cause they arent your cars, they are your mommy and daddys cars
let it go. Are you jealous or something about my cars??? Why else do you keep calling them my parents? Yeah you drive a CLK too.

I just made a striking conclusion.. CLK drivers are a$sholes
Old 09-13-2005, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
let it go. Are you jealous or something about my cars??? Why else do you keep calling them my parents? Yeah you drive a CLK too.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Which, if the CLK55 were the only car I own, might actually be relevant. Unfortunately for you, I own three cars to your zero, unless of course you want me to start bringing *my* parents' cars into the mix...for example, my father's 2005 S500 is worth just about what both of the cars your daddy owns.

And I love how you skipped over the rest of the post....typical. My point was that your justifying LovinSL600's patently false statements simply because he's driving an expensive car is so patently ridiculous that a ten year old could see it...so you're at least two years behind!!

Last edited by Improviz; 09-13-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG

Oh, wow, how mature. Just like the rest of your drivel....
Attached Thumbnails CLS55 vs Vanquish-paperclip.jpg  
Old 09-13-2005, 12:30 PM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh, wow, how mature. Just like the rest of your drivel....
Impoviz- don't waste your time and effort on responding to a kid (MerzadY BoY) who is bragging about his parents' cars.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by adx
Impoviz- don't waste your time and effort on responding to a kid (MerzadY BoY) who is bragging about his parents' cars.
Yeah, good point....kind of like administering medicine to the dead!!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK200 Avantgarde
Gack! I wish I knew what this thread is about
Old 09-13-2005, 03:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 viper rt-10, 2007 SL65
what's it all about

Originally Posted by Nerv
Gack! I wish I knew what this thread is about
truth is lovinsl600 is suffering from an all too common mallady. not all that long ago, he loved his sl600. hence the moniker "lovin". he had some problems with his car. the response from mb was not what he felt it should be. he now is no longer a lover of mb's of any kind. the am people,so far, have treated him in a manner he loves. he has now paid a considerable sum for a car he has been waiting for many months. the anticipation is excruciating. with each passing day, the car becomes more beautiful,faster, more agile, etc. how can anybody with a mind compare his masterpiece with a common production car. albeit a 100,000 production car, it is sill an mb, and as such, it is not worthy. lovin, enjoy your am, but know this. when i was a young guy, buying my first car,'62 autin heally mk11, i saw an aston martin in a show room and vowed i would have one. i now can afford a vanquish. lovin, the car you got rid of is my preference.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
tandan, great taste in cars...I have a 97 GTS.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Wait a minute....wait a minute....wait a minute....wait a minute......

Lexani is still around?! When did this happen?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLS55 vs Vanquish