Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Awww mannn guys.....just humiliated a 5.0 Stang

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Awww mannn guys.....just humiliated a 5.0 Stang

I was just lamenting that I haven't had one decent side by side matchup in a lonnnggg time. Driving down to the vino store and what comes up behind me but the old style 5.0 Stang. I move over to make sure we line up and sure nuff he is ready. It's got some type of exhaust and I must admit, they sure can intimidate. He beeps and I nod.....yup it's on.

Both of us power braking and waiting for red light. Must admit, without any action (real side by side) in months, adrenaline got pumping. Light goes green and I just hammered it. On a K2 with PS2's, ESP doesnt just blink, it goes solid. Anyway, both of us spinning and dead even for about 30 feet. When that ESP light went off and throttle body opened..HO LEE CRAP. Car just explodes forward and literally felt like he slammed on the brakes. He must have just sat there stunned. Imagine the emotions, he is thinking, "I got this rich boat, wait til I tell the guys, then BAM, he is just humiliated!"

Oh yeah, as I get to the next red light, he is way back and tail between legs and as I look over to the left, there is the brand new Lexus with dual exhaust (I don't know my L cars but was some type of sport model).....he is all excited and goes for it and I started laughing....I just quickly killed him dead from a roll and turned off to the wine store. Bet the Stang guy got to watch him die.....heh heh heh.

Thanks AMG.....another happy customer.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I was just lamenting that I haven't had one decent side by side matchup in a lonnnggg time. Driving down to the vino store and what comes up behind me but the old style 5.0 Stang. I move over to make sure we line up and sure nuff he is ready. It's got some type of exhaust and I must admit, they sure can intimidate. He beeps and I nod.....yup it's on.

Both of us power braking and waiting for red light. Must admit, without any action (real side by side) in months, adrenaline got pumping. Light goes green and I just hammered it. On a K2 with PS2's, ESP doesnt just blink, it goes solid. Anyway, both of us spinning and dead even for about 30 feet. When that ESP light went off and throttle body opened..HO LEE CRAP. Car just explodes forward and literally felt like he slammed on the brakes. He must have just sat there stunned. Imagine the emotions, he is thinking, "I got this rich boat, wait til I tell the guys, then BAM, he is just humiliated!"

Oh yeah, as I get to the next red light, he is way back and tail between legs and as I look over to the left, there is the brand new Lexus with dual exhaust (I don't know my L cars but was some type of sport model).....he is all excited and goes for it and I started laughing....I just quickly killed him dead from a roll and turned off to the wine store. Bet the Stang guy got to watch him die.....heh heh heh.

Haha, nice kill.

Now, please freshen my memory (haven't read the manual in a long time), what does it mean when the ESP light goes solid?

I think the Lexus is probably the IS350 or something.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo

Great write up I loved it!! I really wish 1 of you heavy moded E55 guys would hook up some sort of video in your cars to catch this mayhem
Imagine 1 of those back up cameras in the bumper/license plate area rigged to catch you leaving these guys in the dust
Old 02-13-2006, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4

Nice kill Bro!...AMG..."All Mighty God".....of automobiles..
Old 02-14-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

sell me your car ! j/k

nice kill..

(in all seriousness, I wish I would find an E55 with stage 1 or stage 2 this year when I'm ready to buy the E55, it would make my life so much easier)
Old 02-14-2006, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Awesome kill-- now brace yourself-- the Cobra/Trans/GTO guys are going to tell you about their buddies Cobra/Trans/GTO that runs like...8s or something.

Sweet kill... just hate the aftermath in any race posted where the Benz beats the American Muscle.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by AsianML
Now, please freshen my memory (haven't read the manual in a long time), what does it mean when the ESP light goes solid?
You must drive a C240
Old 02-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
You could beat a stock 87-93 5.0 liter with a Honda Accord.....they only had 225HP at the crank....

Now for the late 80's it was fine....but today, its not beating anyone without being modded first.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tuscanraider
You could beat a stock 87-93 5.0 liter with a Honda Accord.....they only had 225HP at the crank....

Now for the late 80's it was fine....but today, its not beating anyone without being modded first.

it would be hard to find one stock at this point.

most 5.0 owners have the car for one reason, to mod it.

From superchargers, cams, heads, headers exhaust, gear ratios, transmission, ect... ect.

I doubt this one was stock and they have tons of torque.

but I do agree to a certain point, a 55k vs 5.0 is not a fair match. But the point of the race was the Mustang wanted to go at it, without knowing what he was against. Goes to show you how many people who are car fanatics don't know about AMG cars.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tuscanraider

i think that the vettes had like 255 at that point also!
Old 02-14-2006, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I think you owe Kleeman some props too!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:59 PM

Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by TopGun32
it would be hard to find one stock at this point.

most 5.0 owners have the car for one reason, to mod it.

From superchargers, cams, heads, headers exhaust, gear ratios, transmission, ect... ect.

I doubt this one was stock and they have tons of torque.

but I do agree to a certain point, a 55k vs 5.0 is not a fair match. But the point of the race was the Mustang wanted to go at it, without knowing what he was against. Goes to show you how many people who are car fanatics don't know about AMG cars.
Your right I do not remember the last time I seen a 95 or older stock mustang.
Some of them are very fast. A freind of mine has a 89GT that runs high 9's and drives to the track with the A/C and stereo playing. and to top it off he gets better fuel economy than my C55 and twice that of my Jag.

Stock bore 5.0 SVO block, no NOS, and S-Trim blower 26psi
Old 02-15-2006, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Bet the Stang guy got to watch him die.....heh heh heh.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Originally Posted by Vomit
You must drive a C240
Not to offend AsianML, but I don't think he drives yet.

But yeah, basically "goes solid" just means the light doesn't come on.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by newton22

Actually, I understood "goes solid" to mean that the light stays on (which basically means that you are laying rubber).

On my C32, "no little triangle light" means "not accelerating hard enough." A "blinking triangle light" means "give it a little more gas." A "solid triangle light" means "just right."
Old 02-15-2006, 06:16 PM

Clk Black Series
so explain to me power braking, just wanna learn
Old 02-15-2006, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
so explain to me power braking, just wanna learn
Hold the brake firmly with your left foot and give it some gas with the right. Then just drop the brake and gun it. Don't powerbrake too long or you'll heat up that torque converter.

Actually, I understood "goes solid" to mean that the light stays on (which basically means that you are laying rubber).

On my C32, "no little triangle light" means "not accelerating hard enough." A "blinking triangle light" means "give it a little more gas." A "solid triangle light" means "just right."
My bad, you're probably right that the light stays on. But I have never seen the light stay on, so I assume you have to have a high powered Benz and turn ESP off to do that.

On the other hand, laying down rubber while accelerating is definately not the fastest way to accelerate. It's all about getting traction, not losing it.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:54 PM

W208
And then a nice bottle of vino!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63

I drive in 2 years dammit. That's too long

And don't you people ever read the profile thingys on the side?

<<-------ML320.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
I drive in 2 years dammit. That's too long

And don't you people ever read the profile thingys on the side?

<<-------ML320.
Oh, just find a huge empty parking lot and have some fun there.

Daddy let me get behind the wheel in deserted areas since I was 11 years old.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Isn't the point of ESP to retard the spinning wheel? How do you lay rubber with it on? I just get a dead response from the throttle until traction is restored and the light stops blinking.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Oh, just find a huge empty parking lot and have some fun there.

Daddy let me get behind the wheel in deserted areas since I was 11 years old.
There is the school auditorium parking that's never used. But my parents won't let me touch any of their cars after seeing how I drive in Go-kart races.

RBrenton88

Isn't the point of ESP to retard the spinning wheel? How do you lay rubber with it on?
Same question here. Even with it turned off, isn't it still partially on?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Same question here. Even with it turned off, isn't it still partially on?
Yes. And it still blinks for me when I turn it off.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
True, the "nagging dashboard hoooker" (as my wife calls her) never really goes away. Like a good exhibitionist, she insists on flashing her triangle even after you try to turn her off.

Now, back to cars:

First rule of powerbarking: ESP off!

Second rule of powerbarking: 1500 RPMs

Third rule of powerbarking: Release brake and SLOWLY push down on throttle.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Solidly lit just means the ESP is working overtime to keep it under control. You can actually feel the engine drop power and the car hesitate until it gains traction. that's what mine does.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Awww mannn guys.....just humiliated a 5.0 Stang