Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Anyone have specs on Audi TT? I think I killed one.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of them, as much as I can...
Anyone have specs on Audi TT? I think I killed one.

...on LIE today. I'm usually on 4 weaving in traffic. I exit to the service road behind a TT coupe to avoid traffic backup ahead, come to a light, downshift to 2 like I normally do. He's next to me, looks over, I get excited, light turns green, we go, I leave him as the car shifts to 2, Then the limiter kicks in, and the car felt like someone stepped on the e-brake at 6000RPM! I forgot to shift. He blows by me. Daaang! I think I lost that one on sheer stupidity!
I know nothing about TT's power, etc.. Was I wasting my time and gas? The E430's probably pulling 300HP with the KNs and Upsolute
Old 08-15-2002, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
did the TT have single or dual exhaust tips.

Single tip: 180hp 5speed
Dual tip: 225hp 6speed
Old 08-15-2002, 10:44 PM
Almost a Member!

E320 sportline
What are the top speed on either, my friend has one and i just wanted to know if i'd ever had a chance in either of the E's I have?
Old 08-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
oh well sometimes you win sometimes you loose, loser!
J/k, I bet next time you will remember to shift, right?
Old 08-16-2002, 11:25 AM

'02 C230K Coupe
I remember nailing 65 mph while in second gear racing a friend in my ML320, the rev limiter freaked me out because the engine just suddenly went quiet for a moment. I realized what I just did and moved the gear selector up a notch (automatic ) Fortunately the car didn't lose too much speed from it, and I was able to keep up with him for the minute or so we were racing.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:47 PM

Thanks. I believe he had twin pipes that I saw exiting the LIE.
and yes, I will remember to shift. Hey, after a day at work, an hour in traffic, and 97 degrees out, my brain was fried. hehe.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Hey Techbike, I read on an older thread that the Upsolute chip would be 'reset' in some sense over a period of time as the computer 'relearns' the original settings. I think it was John the Moderator who said that.
Since you've had your chip for a while now, have you noticed any change?

-rb
Old 08-17-2002, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by RBrenton88
Hey Techbike, I read on an older thread that the Upsolute chip would be 'reset' in some sense over a period of time as the computer 'relearns' the original settings. I think it was John the Moderator who said that.
Since you've had your chip for a while now, have you noticed any change?

-rb
Chip's been in for about 2000 miles and power's still good. Good idea though, I'll do some runs with the GTechPro this weekend to check. My 0-60MPH best time was just a hair under 6 secs. I had averaged 6.1secs, a major jump from book specs of 6.7.
I'm not sure about how the stock "driver-adaptive" feature works. I know that Upsolute remaps mixture and timing and I don't think the "relearning" feature has the ability to write over the new numbers data that JohnA burned onto the chip. So, in effect, the modified maps remain the same. It may have something to do with how and when the tranny shifts. Since I'm rarely in "D", whenever I'm in it, it seems not to stay in there for long; it wants to downshift to "4" more readily. For insurance, I give it a good wringing as soon as the temp gauge indicates normal ops by flooring it, an expensive method of stirring my morning commute coffee sitting in the cupholder.
If JohnA or MBTech's evesdropping, NOW's the time to enlighten us all...(hint )
Old 08-19-2002, 04:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
I onced raced a guy in an Audi TT and his roof (convertible) flew off into the middle of the street. Sounds like Volkswagen reliability.