Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

M5 vs Undercover Corvette vs Police interceptors Pwned!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S4
I know in MN you can refuse all field tests including a field PBT because that would be self incrimination, but when they bring you to the station you are required to take a BAC test or else they will charge you for refusal along with a 3rd degree DWI. Automatic loss of license for a year usually.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
Shhh... The picture is right in front of you and you just didn't notice it. I put "Woman's" modeling picture back in College as my avatar... God I miss "Woman".
Blow it up....my eyes are bad. I hate squinting to look at hot chicks!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Sorry to hear about that
Old 05-27-2006, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
what a clown *** thread...
Old 05-27-2006, 11:34 AM

A Beater
Originally Posted by The Godfather
what a clown *** thread...

WHat can I do? I mind as well get some laughter out of my mishaps... That is life my friend...
Old 05-27-2006, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
WHat can I do? I mind as well get some laughter out of my mishaps... That is life my friend...
haha werd... good reponse.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I still can't see how a cop revving his engine and then launching is not guilty of the same crime. That's like a prostitution sting where the undercover female cop actually gives the guy a *******, takes $20, and then cuffs him.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I turned on Avatar and sig file display after 3 years of disabling. Xpro, you do need to blow up that avatar please. And Stiggs' avatar is pretty accurate.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
I still can't see how a cop revving his engine and then launching is not guilty of the same crime. That's like a prostitution sting where the undercover female cop actually gives the guy a *******, takes $20, and then cuffs him.

LOL...good analogy!

XPRO - sorry to hear that story man. How long is your license suspended? Did you get your car back?
Old 05-27-2006, 06:41 PM

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by HLG600
How can a UC police officer be justified in instigating a race and nailing you for it? Please do get an exellent attorney, for you were provoked BY the police and not vice-a-versa.
why can't they do that? the cops didn't force him to race. are you saying that cops or anyone else for that matter shouldn't be allowed to rev their engine? if you look up the legal definition of entrapment, you'll see that this doesn't fall under that category.

you're screwed but a good lawyer can probably lessen the sting.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
The guy drove 145 MPH liquored-up, and apparently was dumb enough to try to race, and then flee from, the cops. He then refused to be breath, urine, or blood tested, and you guys are telling him how the arrest was illegal and how sorry you are that he got arrested???

Would you be sorry about his arrest if he had killed you, your family, or friends in the course of his absurdly reckless behavior?

Or consider the fact that his refusal to be tested, at least under California law, is essentially the equivalent of a positive alcohol test. How smart is that?

I might feel a little sorry for him if he expressed some remorse, but he seems to think that the whole incident was cool, and seems more concerned about having alienated his sugar momma.

Assuming that the whole incident actually occurred (how about a downloaded scan of the ticket or release/bail docs, XPRO?), it is something to be ashamed of and, hopefully, never repeated.

Flame me all you want, but I have defended hundreds of DUIs, many with seriously injured people on the other end of my client's behavior. California law is pretty harsh on DUI with injury, as it should be.

Drunk racing on public streets=very bad/dumb/inconsiderate idea
Old 05-27-2006, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by genechien
why can't they do that? the cops didn't force him to race. are you saying that cops or anyone else for that matter shouldn't be allowed to rev their engine? if you look up the legal definition of entrapment, you'll see that this doesn't fall under that category.

you're screwed but a good lawyer can probably lessen the sting.
That is a fairly ignorant statement. I'm not implying that people should not be allowed to rev their motor, but police officers? Since when does someone NOT intending to race rev their engine at another fast car. The cops driving the Corvette saw someone behind the wheel of an M5. Are you implying that the "rev" was a leisurely "hello" to a fellow auto enthusiast? Certainly police should be spending more time monitoring crime than setting traps for fast drivers.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:54 PM

That is a fairly ignorant statement. I'm not implying that people should not be allowed to rev their motor, but police officers? Since when does someone NOT intending to race rev their engine at another fast car. The cops driving the Corvette saw someone behind the wheel of an M5. Are you implying that the "rev" was a leisurely "hello" to a fellow auto enthusiast? Certainly police should be spending more time monitoring crime than setting traps for fast drivers.

You're making a pretty big assumption there. First of all, the cop was revving his engine. Thats it. You cant prove that he was revving his engine at somebody, in this case XPRO. A "rev" is not a directed action of any sort. Show me a single case involving entrapment, or anything else, where a "rev" was designated as some sort of a provocation. I'd like to see that line of defense - "well, he revved at me, so I was obligated to race him"

The sort of logic you are employing is used by those teenage car thieves after they get pulled over in a police bait car: the car was left running so they were forced to steal it?

Look at it this way, its not every day that a cop gets to drive a corvette, especially on a nice day on PCH. If I was making $40K a year and was given a corvette for a few days that didn't belong to me, I would probably burn rubber from every light. Cops, whether we like it or not, are people too. Having said that - the police force of Laguna, Newport and Huntington beaches are total tools.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Yep, undercover cops in Corvettes are for real, in fact my buddy owns a local Corvette shop here in the valley called LAPD, the owner is a reserved cop and many of the customers I've met at the shop are in Law Enforcement agencies.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by HansBlix
You're making a pretty big assumption there. First of all, the cop was revving his engine. Thats it. You cant prove that he was revving his engine at somebody, in this case XPRO. A "rev" is not a directed action of any sort. Show me a single case involving entrapment, or anything else, where a "rev" was designated as some sort of a provocation. I'd like to see that line of defense - "well, he revved at me, so I was obligated to race him"

The sort of logic you are employing is used by those teenage car thieves after they get pulled over in a police bait car: the car was left running so they were forced to steal it?

Look at it this way, its not every day that a cop gets to drive a corvette, especially on a nice day on PCH. If I was making $40K a year and was given a corvette for a few days that didn't belong to me, I would probably burn rubber from every light. Cops, whether we like it or not, are people too. Having said that - the police force of Laguna, Newport and Huntington beaches are total tools.
My logic is based solely on common sense. I understand they are still people -in fact, a good family friend of mine is a Police Captain who drag races his 900 hp race car on weekends. But if they wish to race an M5 for fun, then have fun and don't pull the guy over for it. Also, I suggest you read over my posts since I never used the word obligated, simply because I never felt it applied to this scenario. I suggest you check the facts before you make assumptions of what I say. Now tell me, when has someone revved a motor at another fast automobile without the intention to race; is that not the universal signal to race? If someone flips you off on the road, is the middle finger not intended to say "**** you?" They instigated a race thinking that someone in a new M5 was ready to run. If they witnessed a street race, then by all means can they take them down, regardless of what they are driving (as long as they have a light). But this is not the case in this scenario. Not intending to offend, just making my point.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:16 AM

A Beater
Honestly the point of this thread is not to tell you guys how "COOL" it is to do what I did. In fact that it was pretty dumb. However the point is, cops in undercover vehicles aching you on is true and they are out there. Vomit... this all happened when there is not a single soul on the road. I refused to take the breathelizer because I passed all the officer's field sobriety test but they wouldn't let me go and one cop threw a racist remark at me. It was true that I was liqoured up that night, but I had two and half hours of sobering up time. Again, what I did was dumb, and I am glad my impulse demonstrated that night didn't happen in broad day light under traffic because someone could of gotten hurt. If I am guilty of racing on the street regardless of the iterpersonal or traffic condition, all of you including you Vomit is guilty as charged. You in particular exhonerates street racing with your kill stories, in fact all of us who post on the kill thread is guilty of doing so. People can still inflict pain and suffering onto others engaging in a high speed excursion without being "Liqoured UP." By the way Vomit you don't know "Woman" and I would appreciate it if you don't bring her into this or give her nicknames as you please. I am going to lay low for a while.

Guys, be safe when you engage in a street race. Hopefully I'll get the pleasure of meeting y'all sometime down the road.

Last edited by XPRO.US; 05-28-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:54 AM

My logic is based solely on common sense. I understand they are still people -in fact, a good family friend of mine is a Police Captain who drag races his 900 hp race car on weekends. But if they wish to race an M5 for fun, then have fun and don't pull the guy over for it. Also, I suggest you read over my posts since I never used the word obligated, simply because I never felt it applied to this scenario. I suggest you check the facts before you make assumptions of what I say. Now tell me, when has someone revved a motor at another fast automobile without the intention to race; is that not the universal signal to race? If someone flips you off on the road, is the middle finger not intended to say "**** you?" They instigated a race thinking that someone in a new M5 was ready to run. If they witnessed a street race, then by all means can they take them down, regardless of what they are driving (as long as they have a light). But this is not the case in this scenario. Not intending to offend, just making my point.
That's exactly my point - your logic is based solely on common sense, not legal sense. Those are two quite different things. If common sense dictated how the law was applied, XPRO would not be in the situation he is in right now.

Above you said "They instigated a race thinking that someone in a new M5 was ready to run." If you follow your own common sense logic - a rev is an invitation to race. Its not like the other driver doesn't have a choice. Does everyone race a car thats revs at them at the light 100% of the time? No.

Instigation implies something more that pressing the gas pedal while the vehicle is in neutral, thereby making the engine become louder for several seconds. How can you know what they were thinking? I'm not willing to make any assumption about the cops' intentions - only guesses, as I was not there.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
California, what are we going to do with you....

What I would like to know is what happens if the person the cop is racing crashes and kills someone. In Tennessee both drivers are responsible for eachother's actions. This means that if you are racing some moron that crashes and kills himself or others, YOU can be charged with manslaughter. There was a case a while ago where a Diablo and a modified corvette were racing and the Diablo crossed the center line straight into a volvo. the men driving the lambo and the volvo were both killed and both their wives (who were with them) survived. The man in the corvette pulled up on the sidewalk to help and reached the accident just in time to watch the driver of the diablo die. Now, the vette driver is in jail for double manslaughter for a LONG time. I wonder if a cop would get the same treatment? I doubt it, but he certainly would deserve it.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by HansBlix
That's exactly my point - your logic is based solely on common sense, not legal sense. Those are two quite different things. If common sense dictated how the law was applied, XPRO would not be in the situation he is in right now.

Above you said "They instigated a race thinking that someone in a new M5 was ready to run." If you follow your own common sense logic - a rev is an invitation to race. Its not like the other driver doesn't have a choice. Does everyone race a car thats revs at them at the light 100% of the time? No.

Instigation implies something more that pressing the gas pedal while the vehicle is in neutral, thereby making the engine become louder for several seconds. How can you know what they were thinking? I'm not willing to make any assumption about the cops' intentions - only guesses, as I was not there.
Interesting. I do not know what they were thinking since I am not either one of them - however, one can deduct a very logical possibility that they intended to push the M5 driver to race. I just feel that police officers, as the role models to society they are, should set better examples then to try to get another driver to race them. If it is evidence you want, here: they initiated the race. It would be an entirely different story if XPRO revved his motor at them, thinking to "smoke" a Vette yet not aware of the fact that two police officers were in it. Unfortunetely Mr. Blix, that was not the situation here. Since I am no expert on this, and basing my response on logical sense, I will check with a Police Officer friend and get back to you guys.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by King320
California, what are we going to do with you....

What I would like to know is what happens if the person the cop is racing crashes and kills someone. In Tennessee both drivers are responsible for eachother's actions. This means that if you are racing some moron that crashes and kills himself or others, YOU can be charged with manslaughter. There was a case a while ago where a Diablo and a modified corvette were racing and the Diablo crossed the center line straight into a volvo. the men driving the lambo and the volvo were both killed and both their wives (who were with them) survived. The man in the corvette pulled up on the sidewalk to help and reached the accident just in time to watch the driver of the diablo die. Now, the vette driver is in jail for double manslaughter for a LONG time. I wonder if a cop would get the same treatment? I doubt it, but he certainly would deserve it.
That is EXACTLY why police officers should not instigate street races hoping to nail someone for racing! If someone instigates them, then it is a different story - but they are here to protect the public, not to put them in a potentially harmful situation.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:14 PM

A Beater
My whole gripe regarding this incident is first I admit what I did was stupid and second the cop has no business revvv his engine let off the gas a little lounging forward and slam on the brake like he was ready to do a drag race. TO think of it, he actually went through that revvv, let off brakes and lounge forward twice. I mearly smoke him within three city blocks and saw his blinker after the second block. Again, there were not a single soul within that three block of high speed excursion. I know where I stand and I will never race someone in traffic where I would place other motorist in danger. Seeing people done worse in the kill thread, I am not about to put innocent people in risk. Call me a dumb *** all you want but most of us here is as guilty of engaging in a street race as me. So please look at yourself before casting the first stone...

I think I am going to lay low for a while..
Old 05-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
They started flashing their lights at 145 mph, or so he says. Rather than wait to get up to 145 mph, they could have pulled him over the moment he went over the speed limit. I agree I guess.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:30 PM

a few...
Wow, so basically you were drinking prior, had your gf in the car, had a Vette rev on you (who was a cop), then got pulled over after and got booked.

Personally, anyone stupid enough to drive home with any alcohol on their breath, much less RACE with alcohol on their breath... you had it coming.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by merc655
Wow, so basically you were drinking prior, had your gf in the car, had a Vette rev on you (who was a cop), then got pulled over after and got booked.

Personally, anyone stupid enough to drive home with any alcohol on their breath, much less RACE with alcohol on their breath... you had it coming.
That pretty much sums up what I took 10 times as much dicta to say.

I have my doubts about whether the incident even occurred.

XPRO: Scan and post the ticket and I will repent for my sins.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
My whole gripe regarding this incident is first I admit what I did was stupid and second the cop has no business revvv his engine let off the gas a little lounging forward and slam on the brake like he was ready to do a drag race. TO think of it, he actually went through that revvv, let off brakes and lounge forward twice. I mearly smoke him within three city blocks and saw his blinker after the second block. Again, there were not a single soul within that three block of high speed excursion. I know where I stand and I will never race someone in traffic where I would place other motorist in danger. Seeing people done worse in the kill thread, I am not about to put innocent people in risk. Call me a dumb *** all you want but most of us here is as guilty of engaging in a street race as me. So please look at yourself before casting the first stone...

I think I am going to lay low for a while..
So we are clear. Street racing is dumb and immature, but alot of us do it anyways. The smart street racer picks his times and places carefully, so as to minimize risk to himself and others. The problem with drunk racing is that you lose the ability to calculate risk, which is a scary thing.

Assuming that the event actually occurred, 145 MPH drunk on Pacific Coast Highway is just incredibly reckless and stupid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: M5 vs Undercover Corvette vs Police interceptors Pwned!!!