Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

M5 vs Undercover Corvette vs Police interceptors Pwned!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S4
i dont think he said he was drunk.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by mthomas141
But he was drinking.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:49 PM

2005 S4
not saying it is a good idea or anything, but it is legal to have up to .08 in your system and not get a DWI. The cops nailed him with a DWI/DUI because they make money lots of money off of that even though all field tests were passed. If i were to guess i would say the cops knew they messed up big time while trying to drag him and then had to hit him with the drinking ticket so they can make up there own little story and say he was intoxicated he cant be belived because he was drunk.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:09 PM

C219 CLS / W220 † / W211† / W210 E55 † / W210 Brabus † / Hamann 540i † /
WOW... one word. G A Y! A cop reving on another car/person who is obviously a car enthusiast. In the car world everyone knows a REV is a challenge. No matter what race or religon, it is universal. Any type of sports car/fast car Revs, that is saying "hey buddy, let's race" in EVERY LANGUAGE.

What if you would have crashed??? Cop should be responsible then, he initiated it, not you. You had alcohol in you, okay, PROVE IT. You refused to take a sobriety check. SO WHAT. Just because I refuse a cop to search my car doesnt mean i have drugs or guns. But then again, its a 'officers' word against yours..... And we all know, what ever a cop says is always the truth, because they are 100% honest people who dont lie or make mistakes...... ESPECIALLY IN HB!!!!!!

FYI - I totally support the police and what they do, but they don't need to provoke a person to commit a crime.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Almost a Member!

'98 BMW 540iA ZSP, '94 BMW 530iA (sold)
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
So "Woman" had to attend a bachelorette party and I decided to call my buddies and have a guy's night out. We went bar hopping from Huntington Beach down to Newport. As night went on, I ran into my ex girlfriend and she asked me if I can give her a ride home at the end of the night. So the story begun. I was crusing down the PCH and came to a stop light. To my surprise, a corvette pulled next to me and start revving his engine at me. I told my ex gf to hang on and gunned it as soon as the light turn green. Remember reading a thread last week about pigs going undercover in fast cars aching people to engage in a street race. It's all true. The moment I reached 145MPH the focking corvette start flashing what seemed like a police light and I gunned it. Mind y'all that I was liqoured up that night. Thought I can get away but I got owned by two police interceptors boxed me in a mile down the road. They insist on giving me a sobriety test and I refused so they impounded my car and took me back to the station My ex gf had to call her friend to take her home. I remember my federal agent buddy once told me that refuse to take a sobriety test only gets your license suspended for 6 month without a dui.

The story got better when "Woman's" co-worker saw me leaving with my ex. and informed her immediately. I had to call her to pick me up at the station and when she arrived, the focking pig told her that I had another passenger with me when I got pulled over.After a huge argument, "Woman" decided to stay with her mom for a while. I was already in the dog house and this incident just TKOed my ***. I don't even know where to begin trying to reconciliate with "Woman". I am pretty much a mess as we speak.

Perhaps this could be thrown out in court, unlike other police "stings" (for example drugs) where a person already had the intention of commiting a crime (as in, buying drugs) and the cops just facilitated the crime to "catch the criminal in the act", this police officer (if he even deserves that name, I think "porky pig" would be more appropriate) goaded you into commiting a crime THEN arrested you for it. You would have had no intention of street racing if that officer hadn't facilited it in the first place. I think in this case the police are acting beyond the law and below any professional standard, and I would spend that money for a high powered lawyer and some sympathic journalism (the headline: "police bait citizens into dangerous street races, claim it will make the city safer" on the front page of your local newspaper) to stick it to this department, hard. Just make sure no one can prove the drinking...

Last edited by fm.watch; 05-28-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Like I promised, I checked with a Police Captain friend of mine. He said that this situation would be considered entrapment and that police officers cannot instigate street races. Just posting the comments of an experienced professional.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Like I promised, I checked with a Police Captain friend of mine. He said that this situation would be considered entrapment and that police officers cannot instigate street race, which was what occured in this scenario. Just posting the comments of an experienced professional.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Almost a Member!

'98 BMW 540iA ZSP, '94 BMW 530iA (sold)
Originally Posted by HLG600
Like I promised, I checked with a Police Captain friend of mine. He said that this situation would be considered entrapment and that police officers cannot instigate street races. Just posting the comments of an experienced professional.
Good to know.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
****ing Pigs......

that is horrible, these *******s let u hit 140+ BEFORE PULLING U OVER after they innitiated the race
how is that safe?

goodluck with the case, PLEASE,PRETTY PLEASE do all u can to **** over the department, the newspaper suggestion is great, i would love to see this on a major cable newsstation though

goodluck with ur woman 2, they can b very difficult sometimes
her if it gets she gets too difficult

take care and goodluck
Old 05-28-2006, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Honestly, you're ****ed. Doesnt matter if he revved, did donuts next to you or whatever, this isn't entrapement. Nobody told you to go race him. Just like any clown would go and do this next to you, would you go and race? Somebody is robbing a store, you see it, you go steal too?

Anyway, if anything the cop will say "I didn't rev."

There's so many little little things that entrapment wont hold up in court. Pay up and be a mang.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Godfather
Honestly, you're ****ed. Doesnt matter if he revved, did donuts next to you or whatever, this isn't entrapement. Nobody told you to go race him. Just like any clown would go and do this next to you, would you go and race? Somebody is robbing a store, you see it, you go steal too?

Anyway, if anything the cop will say "I didn't rev."

There's so many little little things that entrapment wont hold up in court. Pay up and be a mang.
Thank you! Finally there's someone here who knows how these things play out in court, instead of all this "instigated" nonsense which wouldnt even make it past a junior staff writer on Law and Order.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:25 AM

2005 S4
it doesnt matter if anyone told him to go race an officer cant instigate him in the first place. The cop cant go out and pull **** like this. I asked my friends dad who is an attorney and i told him the story first and he said entrapment right away. Even if that is a weak case and the cops lies about the rev which he will im sure cause they are *******s how is he going to explain taking him all the way up to 145mph?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
it doesnt matter if anyone told him to go race an officer cant instigate him in the first place. The cop cant go out and pull **** like this. I asked my friends dad who is an attorney and i told him the story first and he said entrapment right away. Even if that is a weak case and the cops lies about the rev which he will im sure cause they are *******s how is he going to explain taking him all the way up to 145mph?

IMO, this is lawsturbation. Show me some proof that the incident actually happened in the first place, and then we can talk law. Until then, this whole incident smacks of a completely unbelievable cross between The Fast and the Furious, Sex in the City, and Cops.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal

Uhh. . . he refused a breath/urine/blood test knowing that such refusal would lead to a six month license suspension. The logical conclusion is that he did so because he perceived that he was freaking hammered. If he thought he had a good shot at coming in under the .08% limit, but still refused to take the test, he deserves the "extra special moron prize."
Old 05-29-2006, 04:30 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Originally Posted by HansBlix
wouldnt even make it past a junior staff writer on Law and Order.
LOL!

In regards to the topic, I hate this ****.

I admit, I don't know much about how the courts work, but this is simply wrong.

Reving an engine & lunging forward, is clearly instigating a street race.
The notion that reving the engine doesn't mean anything, is total crap.
Yeah, the police just happen to buy a Vette, leave it unmarked, then whoops, rev their engine next to a sports car that decided to race. That **** is entrapment in my personal 'dsb' dictionary.

Question:
If an under cover cop dresses like a hooker, walks up and down the street, takes the initiative to knock on car windows offering services, then finds someone willing to pay; is that entrapment? Cuz if it is, this is all the same to me!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:52 AM
ON PROBATION

"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime"....
Old 05-29-2006, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by HansBlix
Thank you! Finally there's someone here who knows how these things play out in court, instead of all this "instigated" nonsense which wouldnt even make it past a junior staff writer on Law and Order.
HansBlix, I posted my comments and checked with an expert to verify it. Are you a police officer? Because I asked one and he says it's entrapment.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:34 PM

2005 S4
Let us know how it works out in the end XPRO hopefully you get it all droped. Then file a complaint and maybe the officer will get in some deep ****.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:34 PM

a toy
Originally Posted by Richard023
Yep, undercover cops in Corvettes are for real, in fact my buddy owns a local Corvette shop here in the valley called LAPD, the owner is a reserved cop and many of the customers I've met at the shop are in Law Enforcement agencies.
I saw you cruising Ventura yesterday.

LAPD (the speed shop) is also pretty big with the Caddy CTS-V guys.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:22 AM

'04 c230 SS, '06 RR supercharge sport, '06 z4 M Roadster
I agree with the rest of you guys who are saying they are disgusted at XPRO's behavior. Sure, we're car enthusiasts here, but reving an engine would not cause most of us to participate in reckless behavior.

My father was involved in an accident in which the driver of the car (a taxi driver) that hit him was taking amphetamines to stay awake. My father and the passenger in the taxi cab were killed instantly. Sure, that's amphetamines, but still...he was driving under the influence. Anyone driving under the influence or recklessly without any regard to anyone else on the street pisses me off.

Sure, he claims he wasn't intoxicated, but if that's the case then why did he refuse the brethalyzer?

I'm sorry, XPRO, but your actions disgust me. I am also having a hard time believing your story. It sounds like a load of B.S. to me...Sure you can refuse the brethalyzer test, but you will have to have your blood or something tested eventually. When you were taken into the station, did they have you take a test then?

I'm sorry to say, but you deserve whatever happens to you. Stop trying to complain and say it's the cops fault you were going 145mph.

Like The Godfather said, be a man and just accept what happened and quit complaining.

This was taken off of a DUI attorney website in California:
Under California law, California Vehicle Code Sections 23152 and 23153, the following regulations apply:
  • It is a crime for anyone with a blood alcohol level of .08 percent or higher to operate a motor vehicle on a public roadway.
  • If you are under the age of 21, it is a crime to operate a motor vehicle on a public roadway with a blood alcohol level of over .01. This means that even one drink may put you over the legal limit.
  • It is a crime to drink any alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle upon a public roadway.
  • It is a crime to have an opened container holding any amount of alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle on a roadway unless the container is kept out of the immediate control of the occupants.
  • Anyone arrested for driving under the influence must submit to a chemical test (blood, breath, or urine) to determine the alcohol content of the blood. Failure to complete or refusal to take the test will result in suspension of the driver's license for one year.
In California, law enforcement agencies have the right to stop your vehicle if they suspect that you may be driving under the influence. If you are pulled over, you are only required to present identification and vehicle documentation. You are not required to answer any questions regarding your destination, number of drinks consumed, etc. You are not required to perform any roadside tests such as walking a straight line, reciting the alphabet, touching your nose, or moving your eyes from side to side. You are not required to submit to a roadside breathalyzer test but you are required to submit to testing at a regulated facility. Insist that you be taken to a police station for testing. You will be given the choice of submitting to a breath test or a blood test. You will not be given the opportunity to contact a DUI lawyer or DUI attorney until after the test is performed. If you refuse the test, your penalties will be much stiffer.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by hybrid_girl
I agree with the rest of you guys who are saying they are disgusted at XPRO's behavior. Sure, we're car enthusiasts here, but reving an engine would not cause most of us to participate in reckless behavior.

My father was involved in an accident in which the driver of the car (a taxi driver) that hit him was taking amphetamines to stay awake. My father and the passenger in the taxi cab were killed instantly. Sure, that's amphetamines, but still...he was driving under the influence. Anyone driving under the influence or recklessly without any regard to anyone else on the street pisses me off.

Sure, he claims he wasn't intoxicated, but if that's the case then why did he refuse the brethalyzer?

I'm sorry, XPRO, but your actions disgust me. I am also having a hard time believing your story. It sounds like a load of B.S. to me...Sure you can refuse the brethalyzer test, but you will have to have your blood or something tested eventually. When you were taken into the station, did they have you take a test then?

I'm sorry to say, but you deserve whatever happens to you. Stop trying to complain and say it's the cops fault you were going 145mph.

Like The Godfather said, be a man and just accept what happened and quit complaining.

This was taken off of a DUI attorney website in California:
Under California law, California Vehicle Code Sections 23152 and 23153, the following regulations apply:
  • It is a crime for anyone with a blood alcohol level of .08 percent or higher to operate a motor vehicle on a public roadway.
  • If you are under the age of 21, it is a crime to operate a motor vehicle on a public roadway with a blood alcohol level of over .01. This means that even one drink may put you over the legal limit.
  • It is a crime to drink any alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle upon a public roadway.
  • It is a crime to have an opened container holding any amount of alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle on a roadway unless the container is kept out of the immediate control of the occupants.
  • Anyone arrested for driving under the influence must submit to a chemical test (blood, breath, or urine) to determine the alcohol content of the blood. Failure to complete or refusal to take the test will result in suspension of the driver's license for one year.
In California, law enforcement agencies have the right to stop your vehicle if they suspect that you may be driving under the influence. If you are pulled over, you are only required to present identification and vehicle documentation. You are not required to answer any questions regarding your destination, number of drinks consumed, etc. You are not required to perform any roadside tests such as walking a straight line, reciting the alphabet, touching your nose, or moving your eyes from side to side. You are not required to submit to a roadside breathalyzer test but you are required to submit to testing at a regulated facility. Insist that you be taken to a police station for testing. You will be given the choice of submitting to a breath test or a blood test. You will not be given the opportunity to contact a DUI lawyer or DUI attorney until after the test is performed. If you refuse the test, your penalties will be much stiffer.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Sure, we're car enthusiasts here, but reving an engine would not cause most of us to participate in reckless behavior.

wow, don't know what to say ... really sorry to hear that about your father
Old 05-31-2006, 12:20 PM

2005 S4
The road side tests are not required. If you are hammered clearly you do not want to take those as it will be more evidence against you. XPRO took field test passed them. Once you pass you dont have to take any more type of test passing those means you are able to drive the vehicle fine. What gives the cops more rights to think they can just continue the process? After passing those tests the whole DUI thing should be done, but obviously they still were going to get him for street racing. There case im sure is very very week cause of how they entraped him into doing it so thats why they wanted the DUI so they could strengthen everything up on there side.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:39 PM

'04 c230 SS, '06 RR supercharge sport, '06 z4 M Roadster
The road side tests are not required. If you are hammered clearly you do not want to take those as it will be more evidence against you. XPRO took field test passed them. Once you pass you dont have to take any more type of test passing those means you are able to drive the vehicle fine. What gives the cops more rights to think they can just continue the process? After passing those tests the whole DUI thing should be done, but obviously they still were going to get him for street racing. There case im sure is very very week cause of how they entraped him into doing it so thats why they wanted the DUI so they could strengthen everything up on there side.
Sure, you don't have to take the brethalyzer, I understand that there are too many variables that can cause the results to be a little inconsistent. Just like you should never submit to a lie detector test.

The thing is, at some point in California you are required to take some type of test. I'm sure at the station he had to take some kind of testing since he refused.

I was merely stating that maybe he should be a man and quit complaining and take responsibility for his own actions.

Laws are in place to protect the general public, not to trap them and harm them.

Just like a few other people mentioned. If a man solicits a hooker who is walking on the street who happens to be an undercover, I don't see the difference in what happened here.

I still have a hard time believing his story, though...still think it sounds like
Old 05-31-2006, 01:55 PM

Laws are in place to protect the general public, not to trap them and harm them.

Wow, where did YOU grow up? I think you should click your heels together hon, because there's no place like the home you think you live in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: M5 vs Undercover Corvette vs Police interceptors Pwned!!!