Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Infiniti G35 kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 10:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo V90 CC
Infiniti G35 kill

OK, yesterday I was aproaching a light on the feeder of 59, Near an Infiniti dealer, when I saw a very nice looking G35, they were drive testing it because it had the temp paper plate on the rear deck, the guys pointed at me, I just waved at then and moved just a little forward, when the light turns green I hear a little tire screetch and boom I floor it as well, G35 held pretty good till about 20 mph then I started inching on him nicely, by the time I was entering the freeway he was a few car lenghts behind me (he got on the freeway too), car runs pretty damn good for being a 6 cyl, I wouldn't mind having one of those!
Too bad for the guy test driving it though , he must've tought that car wasn't very fast after all, haha
Old 08-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I test drove the G35 before I got my S4 as a daily driver- the car is no slouch. It has enough torque to pull like a small V-8 and for the price its definitely something to consider if you are constrained to buying a car under 30-35k. I would have got it if I didnt get a great deal on the S4.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
LOL...im so use to reading about c-classes since im always at the c forum, that when i was reading your kill, i was thinking "no way did this C-class beat a 260 hp G35".....and then i scrolled down and realized "oh, its a e55".....Therefore...GOOD KILL!
Old 08-19-2002, 10:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by JoReL
LOL...im so use to reading about c-classes since im always at the c forum, that when i was reading your kill, i was thinking "no way did this C-class beat a 260 hp G35".....and then i scrolled down and realized "oh, its a e55".....Therefore...GOOD KILL!
Thanks, sometime it happens like that and you think it was another car.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Nice kill Pocholin .
Old 08-22-2002, 08:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by Accord
Nice kill Pocholin .
Thanks!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:33 PM

'97 MB E420 Sport/'88 MR2
hmmm...maybe I should replace my E420 badge with an E55 and stick an AMG badge on the other side.......NOT! ahhahaha

Trending Topics

Old 08-22-2002, 01:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by E420SportGT
hmmm...maybe I should replace my E420 badge with an E55 and stick an AMG badge on the other side.......NOT! ahhahaha
I know you are kidding, but just in case "Don't do it"!
Old 08-22-2002, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Oh yea?! Check out my new ride. Suckas!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by RBrenton88
Oh yea?! Check out my new ride. Suckas!!!!
OMG, NOOOOOOOO lol
Old 08-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by pocholin
OMG, NOOOOOOOO lol
worst of all is not even the badge, but a freaking sticker! hahahaha
Old 08-22-2002, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
I can amuse myself for hours with Microsoft Paint.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Um, remind me never to buy an Infinit from that dealer. Who knows what that guy ended up doing to that car. Definetly not a good idea to put a car to it's max before XXXX miles.

Good kill though. The G35 seems to be the best deal around here, better than the 3 Series.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Thanks Toog4me!
Old 09-05-2002, 12:35 PM

C55
If your driving an E55 why

would you waste your time running a car you know you will beat. Sort of like beating up on the weak kid..... Go find a real race for your 13 second E55. I've got a Supra that would put about 13 cars on your E in a 1 mile race...... Go find a SUpra or a Vette or a Viper or a fairly boosted S4.... Quit kidding yourself and step up and challenge yourself.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: If your driving an E55 why

Originally posted by MERCGUY
would you waste your time running a car you know you will beat. Sort of like beating up on the weak kid..... Go find a real race for your 13 second E55. I've got a Supra that would put about 13 cars on your E in a 1 mile race...... Go find a SUpra or a Vette or a Viper or a fairly boosted S4.... Quit kidding yourself and step up and challenge yourself.
Well, if somebody with a riceburnar, a G35, a truck, a montecarlo tries to race me, I'm going to race them and put them to shame as much as I can, why 'cause they asked for it. I've also raced with Vettes, NSX, Rustang Cobras, Camaro SS, etc, as you can see I'll race anything that come on my way.
This goes back to another posting that is entitled "What justifies an AM badge", there are fake AMGs out there getting their a$$ kicked by a Honda Civic and those guys think their car is faster than an AMG, so it is up to me to prove them wrong, I know I'm not going to change the world but I do my part. i also know I'm childish, but heck, I AM A 30 YEAR OLD CHILD!
Old 09-05-2002, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Re: Re: If your driving an E55 why

Originally posted by pocholin
Well, if somebody with a riceburnar, a G35, a truck, a montecarlo tries to race me, I'm going to race them and put them to shame as much as I can, why 'cause they asked for it. I've also raced with Vettes, NSX, Rustang Cobras, Camaro SS, etc, as you can see I'll race anything that come on my way.
This goes back to another posting that is entitled "What justifies an AM badge", there are fake AMGs out there getting their a$$ kicked by a Honda Civic and those guys think their car is faster than an AMG, so it is up to me to prove them wrong, I know I'm not going to change the world but I do my part. i also know I'm childish, but heck, I AM A 30 YEAR OLD CHILD!
Exactly!...I never start a race with people i know i can beat. But Hell!...if they start it....ITS ON!
Old 09-05-2002, 01:48 PM

C55
So your saying

that anyone who gasses it, your going to race them. Man you should move to CA, everyone here loves to gas it at lights, whatever the make car.
It just seems silly to run everything to 'prove' your car is a 'real' AMG....who cares. In the end you won't change the world.
I'm also a 30 year old child, but even I know where, when and why (actually my wife always asks me 'why?' and my answer when actually spoken out loud is pretty lame sounding, but hey I'm a guy) a race is worth the abuse on my vehicle. It's funny I get more people trying to run me in my C320 than in my 435hp TT Supra....go figure. I guess some people know when not to even bother.

Have fun, I think we agree that winning a race is great, but I think we just pick our battles a bit differently. Small game in my opinion is not worth the effort....... have fun beating those civics...although be careful some of those civics might get you if you find the righ one...
Old 09-05-2002, 11:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: So your saying

that anyone who gasses it, your going to race them. Man you should move to CA, everyone here loves to gas it at lights, whatever the make car.
I'm at the wrong place!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 11:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: So your saying

It just seems silly to run everything to 'prove' your car is a 'real' AMG....who cares. In the end you won't change the world.
I'm also a 30 year old child, but even I know where, when and why (actually my wife always asks me 'why?' and my answer when actually spoken out loud is pretty lame sounding, but hey I'm a guy) a race is worth the abuse on my vehicle. It's funny I get more people trying to run me in my C320 than in my 435hp TT Supra....go figure. I guess some people know when not to even bother.
I know when and where most of the time. Same thing happened to me with the E55 and my previous car a 96 Impala SS, on the Impala SS (494 hp with NOS) Camaros, Vettes and mostly V8 cars were trying to race me all the time, with the E55 not many of those try to race me anymore because they don't know what AMG stands for, and it seems like riceburners do because they are the ones the dare me most of the time, so i gotta take advantage of all those chances I get. i used to race more with the Impala (one more reason to miss it).

Enjoy your races too
Old 09-06-2002, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
I don't think I've ever seen somebody push for a race around here in 10 years. Even the pathetic ricers fully obey local traffic laws.
Of course, there aren't many ricers in NJ as compared to the left coast.

Speaking of ricer, I saw one this moring that made me laugh out loud...an early 90's Honda Accord station wagon, white, with almost total blackout window tint (illegal on the fronts here), what appeared to be at least 18" custom wheels, which were accomodated by lifting the body a couple inches.
To his credit, there were no stickers in sight.

Here's a locally popular way to show you have big dreams and no job...budget ricers with dark colored cars pop off their stock plastic wheel covers to show the raw, black steel wheels. You know how how ugly one wheel is that had a run-in with a pothole and the hubcap got lost? Imagine all 4.
I believe they think this enhances the appearance.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:36 PM

Porsche 997 C2S
I don't think I've ever seen somebody push for a race around here in 10 years. Even the pathetic ricers fully obey local traffic laws.
Of course, there aren't many ricers in NJ as compared to the left coast.

Speaking of ricer, I saw one this moring that made me laugh out loud...an early 90's Honda Accord station wagon, white, with almost total blackout window tint (illegal on the fronts here), what appeared to be at least 18" custom wheels, which were accomodated by lifting the body a couple inches.
To his credit, there were no stickers in sight.

Here's a locally popular way to show you have big dreams and no job...budget ricers with dark colored cars pop off their stock plastic wheel covers to show the raw, black steel wheels. You know how how ugly one wheel is that had a run-in with a pothole and the hubcap got lost? Imagine all 4.
I believe they think this enhances the appearance.
I bet there are fewer ricers in NJ because law enforcement is so tough. Even before I drove in the Garden State many people told me "Never speed in Jersey!" and I think they're right. Never seen more radar guns (all X-band on the NJTP) being used than in Jersey.

As for racing in California, a buddy of mine in a brand-new Eclipse
GS-T (this was a few years ago) was racing his friend in a Saturn in Los Angeles. (Yeah, what was the Saturn guy thinking?) Both of 'em got pulled over, and charged with speed racing, apparently a misdemeanor. They pled to lesser charges, but by the time all was said and done, they'd each blown over $500 in fines, costs, what-not. Just a quick heads-up.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
You can, but you need a Valentine detector and preferably a decoy that you can tag along behind. They've got instant-on here more and more, so you need to watch for blips against the decoy.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:52 PM

Porsche 997 C2S
You can, but you need a Valentine detector and preferably a decoy that you can tag along behind. They've got instant-on here more and more, so you need to watch for blips against the decoy.
Actually, that's exactly what I do. Can't tell you the number of times I've been on the Garden State Parkway going to/from Atlantic City, hiding behind some "hare" that thought his car was faster than mine, when I hear a plaintive X-band wail on my V1. Slam on the brakes, slow to 65, get a FULL dose of X-band, and go on without any problems. There was one time, of course, a 5-series was speeding along and instead of getting the full dose of X-band, the trooper pulled out behind me. He rushed past, and pulled the 5-series over. Somehow, that was rather satisfying.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Originally posted by KrispyK

They pled to lesser charges, but by the time all was said and done, they'd each blown over $500 in fines, costs, what-not. Just a quick heads-up.
They got lucky. My ticket cost me $643 and two points on my record, which doesnt come off for 7 years. 2 more to go!!! Also, DMV suspended my license for a month. The funny thing is, i wanst even racing. My friend , who just got his license, took his dads trans-am out...went on the opposing lane next to me...floored it and crashed in front of cops. Neways he got away wid the ticket cuz the navy bailed him out. SUX FOR ME!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35 kill