Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Porsche Turbo Got Owned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
Originally Posted by MiamiE55
I was refering to a couple of other posters, but if you're also insecure & want to include yourself, be my guest. A guy writes about one race he won against a Porsche & a couple of posters come out & start writing nonsense about MB in an MB website, & you don't think that's being a troll? Fact is fact
What's the nonsense that was written about MB?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG, 2006 Range Rover Sport with Kahn Design Package
Alright guys, keep calm. We not at war here. Let's just get back to our toys!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by adam@kronen
Alright guys, keep calm. We not at war here. Let's just get back to our toys!
Agreed! I love both brands! If there was someone on the Porsche forum saying that his stock turbo wastes on all Benzes I would be just a quick to correct him. As long as we all keep blowing the doors off of Mustangs and Corvettes, that's all that matters!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:33 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Old 07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by Hamann7
We'll be sure to look out for you... there are some serious 996TT's around town that will beat the **** out of any AMG car, including the SLR McLaren or Kleemann K1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10.... My old 996TT pulled 10.74 in the quarter at 134mph... to date I have not seen an AMG car touch that, let alone the 9 second times that Alex D's 996TT in the Bay Area is pulling.

I wouldn't get too arrogant driving an E55, it's an inferior car from a performance perspective to the Porsches. You'll see...

The new 997TT would do even more damage to any AMG car.

turbo "for life".
Old 07-05-2006, 10:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
Originally Posted by TA-9FF

turbo "for life".

Yo gangsta, did ya turn in da thug life for the turbo? Seriously, have you ever owned a porsche turbo? Nevermind. We all know the answer.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
What's the nonsense that was written about MB?
I really don't feel like getting into a discussion about this, but since you asked, here are a couple of the remarks.

Yes, you're right... no point in getting into which is better, because Porsche clearly makes better cars than Chrysler-AMG.
I wouldn't get too arrogant driving an E55, it's an inferior car from a performance perspective to the Porsches. You'll see...

.......and you have one guy who's username is AMG ETR.

I could care less what people think about my car, but don't come to a messageboard specific to one brand & trash it. You're not going to hear anything bad from me about Porsche, becasue i like all cars, no matter what brand they are. Forget all this BS & let's move on!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
Originally Posted by L8Apex
Yo gangsta, did ya turn in da thug life for the turbo? Seriously, have you ever owned a porsche turbo? Nevermind. We all know the answer.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by grussell
No matter what you drive, there is always someone faster. I agree the tuned 55k and V12TT's are fast, but they handle like crap and are way too heavy. There are many, many modified Porsches that will kill AMG cars in a straight line and many modified AMG cars that will do the same to Porsches.... so what! We should appreciate all of them. But, Try taking your AMG cars to a road course and you will feel the extra 1k - 2k lbs as the 10 year old Porsches are lapping you!

This is a common view to most AMG Mercedes including my own E55 Kleemann K1.......
The last GT2 I saw was at a road course........as I was reeling it in with the SL55.........it spun off into the dirt. I guess he spent too much time checking his rear view mirror in disbelief. So much comes down to the limiting factor that sits behind the wheel.

Every single time I run into the average knuckhead who has a big HP car, all they can do is step on the gas and hold on. As soon as (God Forbid!) a corner is thrown into the mix, or the slightest bit of traffic............its all over, except for their diaper change.

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 07-07-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
The last GT2 I saw was at a road course........as I was reeling it in with the SL55.........it spun off into the dirt. I guess he spent too much time checking his rear view mirror in disbelief. So much comes down to the limiting factor that sits behind the wheel.

Every single time I run into the average knuckhead who has a big HP car, all they can do is step on the gas and hold on. As soon as (God Forbid!) a corner is thrown into the mix, or the slightest bit of traffic............its all over, except for their diaper change.
I witnessed it all!

The GT2 is a car that requires a great deal of skill in order to master its peak performance, I should know, I just bought one. In the hands of the proper driver, the GT2 is about the finest street legal race car on the road!

The gentleman driving the GT2 at our track day was driving on a track for his first time, he did relatively well for a beginner.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLE53
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG

Video games do not count!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

Wow! I guess I was gone to long. Is this a porsche board or what? The E55 is very capable of destroying many porsche's. Most are horrible in the 1/4 unless they are heavily modified, and many of the times they brag about are better than their own Carrera GT.
I was simply stating that every porsche that has tried to run me was of no challenge at alllllllllllllllllllllll. Some modified porsche will run amazing times, but so can a modified SL65. The weight will always have us at a disadvantage, but so far that has not stopped me from punking porsche's at will.
Maybe one day I will get to see a decent run from a porsche, but up until this day I haven't. By the way, It's not against the law for an AMG owner to write about kicking the **** out of a porsche, its really not that hard! I guess the hardcore modd guys are the only ones that will brag. The 65 engine is far superior that most porsche engines. Bring it on!

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 07-07-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:20 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

Originally Posted by AMG ETR
I Live in West Palm Beach, FL...

Too bad my car is being parted out
Evan
You are a very smart man .

Your intestines must be bursting of asswhoppings.

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 07-07-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
bwahahahahahah !
Old 07-07-2006, 10:30 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

Originally Posted by JR.

I agree, a name change is in order for RenntechV12. Thanks for posting the link.

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 07-07-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:56 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
Sick lookin' P-car. I would love to see the front. Perhaps if we raced, then I could see what it looks like in my rear view mirror. OK, slow down. I was just trying to be funny. Really, that's a beautiful car.

LOL
Old 07-07-2006, 11:48 PM

I have killed my share of AMG cars. Some have been pretty good runs though.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by DBERRY7578
I agree, a name change is in order for RenntechV12. Thanks for posting the link.
And what should the name be

Those are my cars on the RENNTech website. I love my Benzes, they kick some serious @$$!, look at some of my other posts here and you'll see that I have never said one ill word about MB, my SL600 will outrun all but the most modded Porsche turbos, PERIOD!

Last edited by RennTechV12; 07-08-2006 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
BurnoutV12........
Old 07-08-2006, 07:42 AM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

[QUOTE=RennTechV12]And what should the name be

Those are my cars on the RENNTech website. I love my Benzes, they kick some serious @$$!, look at some of my other posts here and you'll see that I have never said one ill word about MB, my SL600 will outrun all but the most modded Porsche turbos, PERIOD![/QUOT]

Its amazing that you were so upset with my response to HAMANN7 coming into this forum blasting AMG's, as you stated on the porsche forum. You clearly overlooked the BS he stated and took sides with team porsche. Since he was such an ********, I responded with my experience of running a few porsches who should have modified themselves before barking up the SL65 tree. I didn't go to the porsche site and trash the Carrera GT, by stating that a modified 65 would strip it naked in the 1/4.
If it was all about modifying cars to see who is the fastest in the quarter, I wouldn't hesitate to get a 7 sec mustang or a 9 sec EVO to dust some of the most expensive cars in the world. Clearly the fastest car in your stable is not a porsche, and is capable of killing the carrera gt, enzo, veyron, and a few others in the 1/4. You more than many people know the strengths and limits of the SL and the porsches, which is not really a secret. So I'm not about to go into depression about some guy modifiying a car and killing me. But it would be wise for porsches to heavily modify or simply die if they challenge most upper end AMG's.

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 07-08-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:51 AM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
Wow! I guess I was gone to long. Is this a porsche board or what? The E55 is very capable of destroying many porsche's. Most are horrible in the 1/4 unless they are heavily modified, and many of the times they brag about are better than their own Carrera GT.
I was simply stating that every porsche that has tried to run me was of no challenge at alllllllllllllllllllllll. Some modified porsche will run amazing times, but so can a modified SL65. The weight will always have us at a disadvantage, but so far that has not stopped me from punking porsche's at will.
Maybe one day I will get to see a decent run from a porsche, but up until this day I haven't. By the way, It's not against the law for an AMG owner to write about kicking the **** out of a porsche, its really not that hard! I guess the hardcore modd guys are the only ones that will brag. The 65 engine is far superior that most porsche engines. Bring it on!
You do realize that Porsche is ranked #2 as far as the least amount of problems per car, Lexus is #1. If I'd been given the choice of owning only one car until I die, it would be an S65, but, you certainly have to give credit to Porsche, 480BHP out of a 3.6L 6 (997 Turbo), how is that inferior to an SL65 which makes 604 out of a 6.0L 12? I'm not jumping on the Porsche wagon though, I just give the rightful respect to both makers.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=DBERRY7578]

Those are my cars on the RENNTech website. I love my Benzes, they kick some serious @$$!, look at some of my other posts here and you'll see that I have never said one ill word about MB, my SL600 will outrun all but the most modded Porsche turbos, PERIOD![/QUOT]

Its amazing that you were so upset with my response to HAMANN7 coming into this forum blasting AMG's, as you stated on the porsche forum. You clearly overlooked the BS he stated and took sides with team porsche. Since he was such an ********, I responded with my experience of running a few porsches who should have modified themselves before barking up the SL65 tree. I didn't go to the porsche site and trash the Carrera GT, by stating that a modified 65 would strip it naked in the 1/4.
If it was all about modifying cars to see who is the fastest in the quarter, I wouldn't hesitate to get a 7 sec mustang or a 9 sec EVO to dust some of the most expensive cars in the world. Clearly the fastest car in your stable is not a porsche, and is capable of killing the carrera gt, enzo, veyron, and a few others in the 1/4. You more than many people know the strengths and limits of the SL and the porsches, which is not really a secret. So I'm not about to go into depression about some guy modifiying a car and killing me. But it would be wise for porsches to heavily modify or simply die if they challenge most upper end AMG's.
I hadn't read through all of the Benz bashing posts, and I certainly don't agree with the anti MB rhetoric, sorry if you felt like I was bashing too or overreacting. When you get to the level of cars like the SL65 and the GT2, it's all about preference. You obviously could have purchased a high end turbo if you wanted to, but the 65 suited your needs and wants better, I can see how!! Nothing has the acceleration feel like the V12 Biturbo Benzes in stock form, PERIOD!!!
You have a great car, one of the world's finest and you obviously like to drive it, fast, like it should be driven. Too bad you're not in AZ, we'd love to have you as part of our car club!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:11 PM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR

I love the benz but they are motorized sofas, try quick lane changes and check out the dive under braking. As for traction

you are lucky you race in straight lines.

btw I own a merc and a porsche, have no particular bias

Last edited by ash-c32; 07-08-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:34 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

Originally Posted by ash-c32
I love the benz but they are motorized sofas, try quick lane changes and check out the dive under braking. As for traction

you are lucky you race in straight lines.
The SL65 does not pretend to be the best track car, and anyone that buys one knows that. Mercedes Benz and AMG have come together to produce some of the worlds fastest luxury production cars ever, including the worlds most powerful production roadster (SL65).
Clearly the engineers could have stripped the AMG's down to lower the weight drastically, and put the same monstrous engines inside of them to produce a legitimate track car. I believe that AMG has at least five cars (E55,CLS55,CL65,S65,SL65) that if they were stripped down could easily run 10's or better if that was the objective, however MB's primary objective is to create a superior luxurious car that forces lighter track cars to modify just to keep up. That being said, some of us buy what we can afford, and some of us buy what satisfies our daily desire. I am not a track guy. You would have a better shot finding me at a professional athletic event than a race track, therefore a super luxurious sports car that is driven daily fills the need for me, and that is why my next purchase will be the Bentley GT instead of a track car.
After that the Ferrari is in order, than I will join the light weight division for a little dance. Shall We

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 07-08-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:52 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

Originally Posted by LawrenceAW
You do realize that Porsche is ranked #2 as far as the least amount of problems per car, Lexus is #1. If I'd been given the choice of owning only one car until I die, it would be an S65, but, you certainly have to give credit to Porsche, 480BHP out of a 3.6L 6 (997 Turbo), how is that inferior to an SL65 which makes 604 out of a 6.0L 12? I'm not jumping on the Porsche wagon though, I just give the rightful respect to both makers.
If that's the case then why are we all not buying Toyota's or Lexus. The big difference in engine size probably has alot to do with the weight of the Benz compared to the weight of the porsche. I bet the porsche would be in alot better shape if the two switched engines. The porsche would be faster stock than it is currently modified with that 604/6.0 your talking about, and the 65 would then be the one running to TechArt.
Personally I enjoy all special cars, and I'm not in so deep until I cant see the good in all of them, but I am not one to lay down when someone decides to crown any outside vehicle the chosen one on this forum, although it has been said that the 65 is "Gods own engine". LOL

Car and Drive Magazine August 2005 Streets of Willow 1.6 miles

SL65 Price as tested $189,970.00 Lap Time 1:34:95
Average Speed: 60.7

Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet Price as tested $147,435.00 Lap Time 1:34.97
Average Speed: 60.6

Close Call but the fat *** nipped the light and nimble even on a day it was running very hot and the engine was stalling.

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 07-08-2006 at 04:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Turbo Got Owned