Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Mustang Cobra; I think it is a kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Mustang Cobra; I think it is a kill

Saw a cobra and Camero racing on the freeway and flew by me. I slowly caught up to them and the Camero exited to another freeway. It was me and the cobra side to side. I don't think he knew I wanted to race. I wasn't sure if I wanted to either. For about a mile I drove right next to him. He gunned it and I followed and was able to beat him. We race about 2 miles.

I'm not sure if it is a kill, cause I don't know the specs on a cobra. Is it a fast car?

Wreck
99' E55
Old 08-21-2002, 05:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Thumbs up Re: Mustang Cobra; I think it is a kill

Originally posted by Wreck
Is it a fast car?
Well this is a trick question they want for the Rustang Cobra to be a fast car, but it is not as fast as their owners expect, an %ee should take this car any time. I once raced at the track a 2001 supercharged Cobra on my Impala, I smoked his a$$ from the take off, he ran like 13.6 if I remember correctly (at the time I was running 12.9s)
...and yes it is considered a kill, congratulations!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:13 PM

'97 MB E420 Sport/'88 MR2
well it all depends what year Cobra it is...pre 03 you definitely have a chance at highway speeds. They are more stoplight to stoplight cars...he he. Or..that guy just couldn't drive.

Now, if it's an '03 Cobra..chances are it will blow you away. Ford rated it at 390hp/390 lbs/ft torque...but all the people I know with them are dynoing at like 400 REARwheelhp stock...and some people just added boltons for very cheap and are gaining like 20 to 30 hp just with exhaust and a smaller supercharge pulley from the F150 Lightning truck. In Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords, they did a test where just by removing the air silencer from the airfilter box, it gained a whopping 13 horses!

Good kill nonetheless..

oh btw, it's a CamAro...ahhaha
Old 08-22-2002, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Originally posted by E420SportGT
well it all depends what year Cobra it is...pre 03 you definitely have a chance at highway speeds. They are more stoplight to stoplight cars...he he. Or..that guy just couldn't drive.

Now, if it's an '03 Cobra..chances are it will blow you away. Ford rated it at 390hp/390 lbs/ft torque...but all the people I know with them are dynoing at like 400 REARwheelhp stock...and some people just added boltons for very cheap and are gaining like 20 to 30 hp just with exhaust and a smaller supercharge pulley from the F150 Lightning truck. In Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords, they did a test where just by removing the air silencer from the airfilter box, it gained a whopping 13 horses!

Good kill nonetheless..

oh btw, it's a CamAro...ahhaha
Not to say your wrong, but its hard for me to believe that a stock Cobra will Dyno 400rwhp. The Cobra R dynoed around 340rwhp. Anyway my camaro would kill any Mustang i ever raced. Never lost any race. Of course I had a built Lingenfelter motor and a Lingenfelter SC on it. Ran 11.2 at Darlington.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by TimmyC230boy

Of course I had a built Lingenfelter motor and a Lingenfelter SC on it. Ran 11.2 at Darlington.
Sweet!
OOps..you're right..I meant 400hp at the flywheel..my bad...
Remember, the Y2K Cobra R is normally aspirated..the '03 is not.
In any case, I'd take the 5.4L Cobra R over the supercharged 4.6L...he he...then supercharge the 5.4L
Old 08-22-2002, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Yeah me too. I would much rather have the 5.4l than a blown 4.6L That Camaro was something, it was the 350 LS1, bored out to a 383, with a blower running anywhere from 4-9psi.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by TimmyC230boy
Yeah me too. I would much rather have the 5.4l than a blown 4.6L That Camaro was something, it was the 350 LS1, bored out to a 383, with a blower running anywhere from 4-9psi.
What happened to it? Did you sell it?
Old 08-22-2002, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
a drunk driver hit me and cracked the engine block, trashed the car. I got enough out of the bodily injury claim to pay for the money I put into car, but I'll never built another one. I would like a S4 and either chip it or upgrade the turbos
Old 08-22-2002, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
The 03' Cobra would have done something to you. Not much, but something.

The older Cobras are horrible. They are fast off the line, but they do not have any high end power. They are a dime a dozen, and Ive killed them in the GS.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:23 AM

E55
Originally posted by Toog4me
The 03' Cobra would have done something to you. Not much, but something.

The older Cobras are horrible. They are fast off the line, but they do not have any high end power. They are a dime a dozen, and Ive killed them in the GS.
Not sure if it is a 2003, but it looked pretty new. Then again I have no clue on how Cobra's differ between the different years/model.

I didn't smoke him, but I did pull away slowly. I wish I could have gased it a little longer to see if he would catch up, but we were heading up the 110 freeway towards pasadena and I ended the race. If you every travelled the 110 freeway pass the 5 freeway it gets winedy on a 3 lane freeway. I started to getting scared cause I'm still adjusting in how much my E55 can take. And it is alot bigger car compared to my 3 series BMW I had. Anyhow I'm sure his car can out handle my car and eventually smoke me
Old 08-23-2002, 04:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally posted by Wreck

Not sure if it is a 2003, but it looked pretty new. Then again I have no clue on how Cobra's differ between the different years/model.

I didn't smoke him, but I did pull away slowly. I wish I could have gased it a little longer to see if he would catch up, but we were heading up the 110 freeway towards pasadena and I ended the race. If you every travelled the 110 freeway pass the 5 freeway it gets winedy on a 3 lane freeway. I started to getting scared cause I'm still adjusting in how much my E55 can take. And it is alot bigger car compared to my 3 series BMW I had. Anyhow I'm sure his car can out handle my car and eventually smoke me
Was just there last night when I got lost... Damn Navigation system!