Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Mustang LX 5.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C32
Mustang LX 5.0

Yesterday I was moving through traffic when I came up on a early 90's Mustang LX convertible. Had a pretty loud exhaust and I could hear him downshift so it was a manual. Anyway, we got a break in traffic and he was in the right lane about 2 cars ahead. So I causually move up along side of him to see if he wanted to play. I got my front wheels up to his back wheels and the ****y SOB gives me the good bye wave and punches it. Well I was going about 60 at the time and I punched it a second or two after he did. He obviously expected to leave me standing still, but I slowly crept up door to door up to him until we were going about 110. There was a Harley in my lane so I let off and he kept going blasting past the Harley. I caught up to him at a light about a mile down the road. I asked him if it was stock and he said "not quite, it's got a few bolt ons". Then he told me that not much can usually keep up with him and I said AMG. Anyway, would have been nice to have a clear road to pull past him up high but I'm sure he won't do the wave to anymore Mercedes. And no matter how fast, he still is driving a teal mustang that every secretary wanted in the 90's.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Originally Posted by New2Me
Yesterday I was moving through traffic when I came up on a early 90's Mustang LX convertible. Had a pretty loud exhaust and I could hear him downshift so it was a manual. Anyway, we got a break in traffic and he was in the right lane about 2 cars ahead. So I causually move up along side of him to see if he wanted to play. I got my front wheels up to his back wheels and the ****y SOB gives me the good bye wave and punches it. Well I was going about 60 at the time and I punched it a second or two after he did. He obviously expected to leave me standing still, but I slowly crept up door to door up to him until we were going about 110. There was a Harley in my lane so I let off and he kept going blasting past the Harley. I caught up to him at a light about a mile down the road. I asked him if it was stock and he said "not quite, it's got a few bolt ons". Then he told me that not much can usually keep up with him and I said AMG. Anyway, would have been nice to have a clear road to pull past him up high but I'm sure he won't do the wave to anymore Mercedes. And no matter how fast, he still is driving a teal mustang that every secretary wanted in the 90's.
I like your last sentence... I wanted to say it but dam you...
Old 07-19-2006, 12:52 AM

I am not trying to start a fight or insult anyone, but what is it with AMG owner trying to prove that they have a faster car? Every time I pull up next to an AMG they want to race. My favorite Mercedes is the E55 love that car
Old 07-19-2006, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by Xpeed
I am not trying to start a fight or insult anyone, but what is it with AMG owner trying to prove that they have a faster car? Every time I pull up next to an AMG they want to race. My favorite Mercedes is the E55 love that car
Well, its kinda like this. . . the AMG line attracts a certain type of buyer. . . one who likes to go fast (and usually one who wants to stay a little more below the radar than, say, an M driver). Your question makes about as much sense as asking "What is it with Rolls owners trying to prove that they have the more expensive car?" It is, quite simply, the nature of the beast.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
I once had a S55 try to run me. I gave him the are-you-crazy look.

I mean, its a nice car, but some people need to learn to pick on guys their own league. He would have beat me driving in reverse.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I find it to be the opposite, every time I am just cruising I get a Mustang, GTO, BMW, etc, itching to go fast against me. I like it cause it is so much fun to put the smackdown on others.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C32

No offense taken, but why are you looking under the "Kills" Section if you don't want to hear about AMG racing? As someone else stated, AMG is a performance car which means that the people that buy them want to go fast. There are plenty of other fast cars that people buy, so it is inevitable that when people spend good money on their toys want to play with them. You're post confuses me.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by New2Me
No offense taken, but why are you looking under the "Kills" Section if you don't want to hear about AMG racing? As someone else stated, AMG is a performance car which means that the people that buy them want to go fast. There are plenty of other fast cars that people buy, so it is inevitable that when people spend good money on their toys want to play with them. You're post confuses me.
I like to hear about AMG’s racing, but only with cars that are as fast. I don’t like it when they want to race my slow car. I have never had any problems with the M owner the mustang or the cameros, but the 55 owners and the GTO owners are driving me crazy they both constantly want to race.