Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E46 M3 vs SLK 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
First off I saw someone posted about someone lying about a 12 second stock M3... Well its not a lie the guy mathews was a professional drag racer I believe he used to drag race mustangs, He would launch at 5,500 RPM and power shift the car. I remember reading about how people thought it was a fluke and called him a liar, but I remember also seeing how he went with people that called him a liar to the track to prove that his stock M3 could run in the 12's..
haha, don't bring this up........improv doesn't seem to believe this either.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by Pitzi
LOL!
As long you don't start posting pics of yourself ... but as Stiggs here would say, if you have pictures of the following:

- beautiful ladies
- beautiful cars

Please share!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:13 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Hey wtf. So now I'm lying. I PUT THE GAP DOWN TO THE PASSENGER. A 100kg passenger makes 3 car lengths difference in the 1/4 mile, so I didn't think much of it. I had an 80kg passenger on board, and I myself am 120kg. 6'2 Boer with a slight beer gut.

I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS POSSIBLE TO DO A ****ING DIFF MOD, HENCE ME NOT ASKING. I told M&M to come make sure ALL OF THE INFO I POSTED WAS CORRECT. Which he did. What part of this isn't sinking in.

I asked if it was chipped, cammed, nawsed, headered etc etc. You guys need to relax. WHOOSAAAH. Also, we didn't go there with the aim of filming an M3 vs SLK race. It was to film M3 vs Subaru races, with the SLK as the camera car. WHICH I'VE ALSO SAID LIKE 3 TIMES. But you crunts choose to ignore. I even pasted the ****ing links to the Subaru club website.

Also, Improwimp WHERE ARE THE COPIES OF THE VID AND THE PHONECALL RECORDINGS. Coward.

Claiming M&M makes your assets depreciate That's the funniest **** I've ever heard. Why aren't you suing Jeremy Clarkson? He often portrays cars in bad light, especially Benzes' technology like the voice control. He purposefully makes it look bad. JEREMY CLARKSON MAKES YOUR CAR DEPRECIATE.

I just had a good think about it. You are disturbed Teh Intarweb has infested your last few braincells! Oh noes!

Last edited by SoulBladeZA; 07-24-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:39 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter

Again with the C AMG VS M3 you are not going to pull a bus length unless the M3 driver gave up... You can find the videos of the C55 vs M3 racing from 0-125 and doing rolling starts and at most the C55 barley walked away for the M3 and at 125mph the C55 was no more than 5-6 feet ahead of the M3. I still dont get it you go to the M3 forum and they all beat C55's come here and its the opposite.
you're talking bout Dut's M3 vs Ling's C55 right? We know Ling's white C55 was stock other than suspension, wheels, and delete the resonator to save 15lb and make better noise. Dut's M3 had intake, exhaust, wheels, suspensions, Vorsteiner CSL stuff which saves some weight. Overall if Dut's car wasn't as modded Ling's C55 would've pulled away more.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by FrankW
you're talking bout Dut's M3 vs Ling's C55 right? We know Ling's white C55 was stock other than suspension, wheels, and delete the resonator to save 15lb and make better noise. Dut's M3 had intake, exhaust, wheels, suspensions, Vorsteiner CSL stuff which saves some weight. Overall if Dut's car wasn't as modded Ling's C55 would've pulled away more.
No I will try and find it, it surfaced right as the C55 came out.. But I just watched that duts vs lings video and its not the one that I am thinking about. But you can find videos of C55 vs M3 drag racing and it looks to me that the outcome is a drivers race and a lot of it has to do with M3 driver skill on launch. I found part 1 to that video and it said the M3 was stock and the C55 was stock. Only obvious thing that was not stock was the rims.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...3f494ed92a.htm

Found a nice video for you guys to show you where the M3 shines.... And what can happen with a car that has a lot of HP it can lose in a short drag race. Note the SL 55 tires where spinning a lot at the start.

Last edited by AndrewAZ; 07-24-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by anerbe
haha, don't bring this up........improv doesn't seem to believe this either.
Yeah, silly me...I have this nasty habit of treating claims for which there are no evidence as suspect, particularly when the person who is making them gets caught lying about his mods and his car's state of tune, as I demonstrated here.

Btw, here is a nice video of a bone stock Honda beating a Corvette at a drag strip. You can believe that the car is bone stock becuase I posted it on the Internet. And if you analyze the video and make any observations about any modifications done to the Honda, well, you're just a nonbeliever who cannot be trusted. Welcome to the cult.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Soulblade....

....kiss my ***, and suck my dick. Your agenda here is quite clear, and it is most certainly not in any way, shape, or form related to enthusiasm for Mercedes or its products. You are a troll, a loser, and a hater, nothing more.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
Was that the video where the SLK was in auto mode and took half second to kick down.

POES!
Oh, wow, so the scenario here is this you guys run a race video where you, in a modded M3, are in the optimum gear, while the SLK55 driver is in auto mode in fifth...you both then punch it at the same time, which gives you probably a full second's advantage before his car kicks down into the proper gear.

And this is a fair race to you and soulbmwslut.

Hey, next time why not run with the SLK's parking brake on? Or better still, with a nice parachute slung off the back?

The lack of objectivity and the staging of this video gets more obvious with each and every passing post. Kudos to you, boys....
Old 07-24-2006, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Improviz
Yeah, silly me...I have this nasty habit of treating claims for which there are no evidence as suspect, particularly when the person who is making them gets caught lying about his mods and his car's state of tune, as I demonstrated here.

Btw, here is a nice video of a bone stock Honda beating a Corvette at a drag strip. You can believe that the car is bone stock becuase I posted it on the Internet. And if you analyze the video and make any observations about any modifications done to the Honda, well, you're just a nonbeliever who cannot be trusted. Welcome to the cult.
Yea I looked your "evidence" about Lee and the claim he took the seats out is just LOL, you can see the 2 head rests of the back seat when the camera is zoomed in from that angle it is hard to tell if a the passenger seat is in the car or not but I have no doubt it is in the car. Yes he did admit to having pulleys on his car he said they made no power and he took them off and still ran a high 12's. He had someone like you call him out saying he was a liar and he met up with that guy at the track the guy checked over his car and Lee ran a high 12.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
Pop quiz idiot. Did I say it didn't make it faster. What a crunt. Now you add this onto my list of alleged lies.
Let's have a look....first, you come in and definitely downplay the effect your mods have on your vehicle's performance:
Originally Posted by m&m the liar
Originally Posted by M&M
Hey guys, I'm the driver of the M3. You guys are correct, it is not stock. Howver, power-wise it is. It makes the same power as other stock M3's on the dyno. We have quite a few guys online here that can vouch for that as I have been to a few dyno days.
So, what was your point there, M? To chat up the performance of your mods? No. Clearly, this was yet another attempt to muddy the waters by implying that mods had little or no effect upon your car's performance.

And you did it not once, but twice:
Originally Posted by FrankW
may want to get a stock M3 while ur at that.

Yeah we know how tuneable these M3's are. M division took 2 years to make the CSL, changed a whole lot of hardware, went to Alpha N programming with the map sensor & got 15hp over a stock Euro spec.
So, frank points out, correctly, that it's not really fair to compare a modded M3 against a stock SLK55 (especially when you deliberately start the SLK55 in the wrong gear; more on that in a moment), and, oh, gee, what do you respond? By telling us that, oh, those M cars aren't very tunable! And I presume that you would have us believe that this also was not an attempt to downplay the effects upon the performance gains your car got from the modifications you affected to it....so then, what was your point? What were you trying to insinuate? That the mods DID improve the modifications of your car?

Unfortunately for you, you're stupid, and spent time chatting UP the effect the mods had upon your car's performance at the bimmer forum:
Originally Posted by M&M
Ok so I have over 20 runs recorded on the VBox at a private testing facility. After installing the 4.1 diff, I went back there. I record EVERYTHING whenever I do a run. Things like:

- Ambient temperature
- Barometric pressure
- Humidity
- Type of fuel
- Amount of fuel in the tank
- Tyres
- RPM at launch & type of launch

So I called up a run from with the stock diff under similar conditions. Here are the results.
(m&m posts a bunch of graphs of his vbox runs posted detailing how the rear diff made his car faster)
Well this is the most important one as it shows who will actually win in a race. In this particular race the stock car had better traction & was ahead initially. At around 3.5 seconds the cars are level. But from then on the 4.1 car slowly puts distance on the stock car & after 15.38 seconds it is 8m ahead, which is 2 carlengths.

On the 1/4 mile times, the 4.1 car was 0.2 faster & 1.4 mph faster depsite having a slightly poorer 60ft time.
So, after 15.38 seconds, these negligible gains improved your car's performance by two full lengths, eh? And the duration of the races you ran against the SLK?

Between 11 and 15 seconds.

Yes, I can see that...those mods to that tuner-unfriendly, difficult-to-mod M3 that picked you up two carlengths were totally negligible, and there was certainly no attempt by you to obfuscate or misrepresent. Just as I'm sure that soulbmwslut had no intention of underrepresenting your car's state of tune when he wrote in his original post:
Originally Posted by soulbmwslut
His M3 is stock engine-wise ...
...I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinski...
apart from the K&N filter.
....there is no sex....
He also has the ACS backbox, but apart from making it sound better doesn't do much.
...it depends on your meaing of the word "is".

Last edited by Improviz; 07-24-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
. I thought people would be better at each forum lets not be like the civic forum who brags about trashing AMG's M's and S4's.....
Good call. S4, M3, C32/55 are v nice cars and each one has their advantages.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yea I looked your "evidence" about Lee and the claim he took the seats out is just LOL, you can see the 2 head rests of the back seat when the camera is zoomed in from that angle it is hard to tell if a the passenger seat is in the car or not but I have no doubt it is in the car. Yes he did admit to having pulleys on his car he said they made no power and he took them off and still ran a high 12's. He had someone like you call him out saying he was a liar and he met up with that guy at the track the guy checked over his car and Lee ran a high 12.
Pathetic. You BMW guys really need to run off and start your own religion, because what you believe about your cars' capabilities is every bit as irrational.

In one of the videos, the camera is mounted in the rear of the car, and you can clearly see that the seat is gone.

Perhaps you might be so kind to point out where the front seat is in the following stills taken from Rutter's video, and also point out in what model year the wheels mounted on this car came from the factory on BMW M3s while you're at it:

So, there you go, sweetie: FOUR photos from different angles, ALL showing that the front seat is missing. Suck on that, beeyutch. That car was modified, NOT STOCK.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I have the 4.1 ratio in my stock diff, K&N flat panel filter, & Schnitzer backbox (which makes no power). The SLK did have a passenger but the main problem is the auto box. Rolling in auto mode, it sometimes kicks down when you stomp it which takes a few tenths.
Wow, so that's the problem....if you deliberately start the race with that POS SLK55 in the wrong gear and punch it, the little bugger will override your wishes, assume that you actually want maximum acceleration, and kick down into the proper gear??? Geez, what a POS. What poor design...those engineers at Mercedes should really work on getting their cars *not* to kick down when full throttle is applied...that way, your margin of "victory" could've been even better!

Yeah, that must have been really frustrating for Ace Number One Crack SLK55 Pilot soulbmwslut; makes it much harder to stage a video when the stupid car actually selects the proper gear for you!!! He said that anyone could drive an SLK55, but he sure managed to botch it!!!

Busted again....the nice thing about you and your butt-buddy soulbmwslut is that both of you are a lot more stupid than the people whom you are trying to collectively fool.

Last edited by Improviz; 07-24-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Pathetic. You BMW guys really need to run off and start your own religion, because what you believe about your cars' capabilities is every bit as irrational.

In one of the videos, the camera is mounted in the rear of the car, and you can clearly see that the seat is gone.

Perhaps you might be so kind to point out where the front seat is in the following stills taken from Rutter's video, and also point out in what model year the wheels mounted on this car came from the factory on BMW M3s while you're at it:

So, there you go, sweetie: FOUR photos from different angles, ALL showing that the front seat is missing. Suck on that, beeyutch. That car was modified, NOT STOCK.

Yes in the last few pictures you can see the 2 headrest of the back seat. My guess is he had the front seat way back since he had the camera on the back seats facing the shifter and him. If you go watch his in car runs when he does the high 12's you can see the side of the front seat and the camera during the incar is behind him.

Get some glasses and you can see the 2 headrests. I will no deny he has after-market rims but that isnt going to help much maybe .000001 seconds in a 1/4 mile. But still he ran a 12.7 most M3 drivers get lower 13's. Lee could launch his car at 5,500 RPM and power-shift a skill which 99% of M owners can not do. If you look at his trap speed it is not much higher than a normal M3 which indicates that he gains his time in the launch and lower end and also shifting.

Last edited by AndrewAZ; 07-24-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Ok lets just stop this *****ing once and for all... If you have an SLK 55 AMG and have run at the drag strip please post your times, I would appreciate it if you posted your best and worst time. M3 owners if you have been to the drag strip please post best and worst time. That will give us an indication on how the car are relative to each other in real world environments.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yes in the last few pictures you can see the 2 headrest of the back seat. My guess is he had the front seat way back since he had the camera on the back seats facing the shifter and him. If you go watch his in car runs when he does the high 12's you can see the side of the front seat and the camera during the incar is behind him.
Hey, andy baby: let's play a game...it's called "find the front seat". OK? Here are nine, count 'em, nine shots from the same day, same car, passenger side. So tell me, pretty please, exactly where in any of these shots can one spot the "shoved back" front seat?? And do keep in mind: this video was posted by mr. rutter, when he claimed that the *ONLY* mods to his car were underdrive pulleys.

Boy, I'll tell ya....he sure has that thing shoved back pretty far...so far, in fact, that in thirteen photos now, from both sides of the car and multiple angles, it is invisible!! Man, he's pretty good with the seat-shoving, I'll give him that.

Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? It's true...look it up!!

If you look at his trap speed it is not much higher than a normal M3 which indicates that he gains his time in the launch and lower end and also shifting.
No, it indicates that he had drag radials, which is why he can get a 1.7 second 60' time in an M3.

Last edited by Improviz; 07-24-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:47 PM

The coupe is rated at 0-60 in 4.8 sec. Does the M3 have competition package on it? I think but not sure..but competition package is a little faster than the regular M3...correct me if im wrong.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by 6thGenSmoke
The coupe is rated at 0-60 in 4.8 sec. Does the M3 have competition package on it? I think but not sure..but competition package is a little faster than the regular M3...correct me if im wrong.
Competition pkg is quicker csl steering rack, csl style alloys (but not light weight), bigger brakes and suede steering wheel. It's a touch quicker round a track but just the same in a straightline. Makes it a much better drive overall though.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
Originally Posted by 6thGenSmoke
WRONG
Old 07-25-2006, 12:25 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by transferred
Competition pkg is quicker csl steering rack, csl style alloys (but not light weight), bigger brakes and suede steering wheel. It's a touch quicker round a track but just the same in a straightline. Makes it a much better drive overall though.
correcto
Old 07-25-2006, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
i don't know why u guys are wasting ur time, i'm referring to M & M, SoulBladeZA, Pitzi, and Rsx. it's obvious to anyone reading this post that all u guys are TROLLS trying to put down the SLK55. i want to make 1 request to u guys: can u post 1 car magazine in europe that shows a stock M3 w/ a faster quarter mile time than a stock SLK55?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Hey, andy baby: let's play a game...it's called "find the front seat". OK? Here are nine, count 'em, nine shots from the same day, same car, passenger side. So tell me, pretty please, exactly where in any of these shots can one spot the "shoved back" front seat?? And do keep in mind: this video was posted by mr. rutter, when he claimed that the *ONLY* mods to his car were underdrive pulleys.

Boy, I'll tell ya....he sure has that thing shoved back pretty far...so far, in fact, that in thirteen photos now, from both sides of the car and multiple angles, it is invisible!! Man, he's pretty good with the seat-shoving, I'll give him that.

Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? It's true...look it up!!

No, it indicates that he had drag radials, which is why he can get a 1.7 second 60' time in an M3.

In the last few pics I can see the back 2 headrests. When looking at the car at a 90 degree angle you can not see the back 2 headrest on any M3.. And plus I still stick to my he had the front seat down so the camera mounted in the back of the car could see the driver.... The guy did it multiple times he went out to the track with people like you who doubted him and still ran high 12's right in front of them.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by jtc55
i don't know why u guys are wasting ur time, i'm referring to M & M, SoulBladeZA, Pitzi, and Rsx. it's obvious to anyone reading this post that all u guys are TROLLS trying to put down the SLK55. i want to make 1 request to u guys: can u post 1 car magazine in europe that shows a stock M3 w/ a faster quarter mile time than a stock SLK55?

The magazines vary so much. I have seen SLK 55 times 0-60 range from 4.3 -4.9 seconds... I have yet to see any magazine with a sub 13 second time listing for an SLK 55. I have seen M3's rated from 13.3-13.5 in magazines ranging from 105 mph-106 mph trap speeds.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
The magazines vary so much. I have seen SLK 55 times 0-60 range from 4.3 -4.9 seconds... I have yet to see any magazine with a sub 13 second time listing for an SLK 55. I have seen M3's rated from 13.3-13.5 in magazines ranging from 105 mph-106 mph trap speeds.
Well, In the US it's pretty easy to find a review with a sub 13 time:
http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...amg-page4.html

Now, let's see a European mag showing faster M3 times. Does it even exist?

Improviz, your are the CSI of MBworld. I find your last couple posts pretty damn funny. Keep it up.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:55 AM
M&M

Hey Chimp. LEe ran 12.8 STOCK! In that Video he wasn'tstock. HE had pullies or something. There's no way to tell if there was a front seat or it was reclined all the way back for the camera.

ANYWAY, THE CAR WASN'T STOCK IN THOSE PICS. Why are you so dumb that you can't comprehend that? Lee ran many 12 sec passses when he was stock & now he runs 12.3 with mods.

And with me vs SLK we did do a few manual mode rolling runs & it was a bit closer. there are vids of those.

WHAT ABOUT THE STANDING STARTS POES? GEARBOX PROBLEMS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E46 M3 vs SLK 55