Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E46 M3 vs SLK 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by SoulBladeZA
Hey, some oke claimed the SLK would rape a Z4M. Z4 has M3 motor and weighs less so it's faster. I never lied about anything? WTF?

LIKE I SAID. I E-MAILED M&M AND TOLD HIM TO COME MAKE SURE I WAS FACTUALLY CORRECT. HE CORRECTED ME ON THE ****ING DIFF. WHAT ABOUT THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Ahem. Moving on.

1hp air filter and 0hp exchaust BACKBOX won't make a difference. The diff will.
The car was NOT stock (which is germain to the discussion). Are you not getting this? An air filter does indeed make a difference, as does an AC Schnitzer exhaust....especially on a roll where the AIT drop & the engine gets a higher rate of colder air. Like an efficient IC, you will see the benefits on the road, at speed, not on a dyno where there is almost no air (a fan doesn't cut it BTW). Adding a 175lbs person into the SLK is also penalizing it, significantly.

And yes, I think we are all aware of a rear diff change & its impact on acceleration. I was dragging & modifying cars years before you were born, but thanks for the hot tip.

At the end of the day, no stock M3 is going to pull a stock SLK55. I WILL concede a stock Euro CSL would be a good match up - a very close race - likely a driver's race.

-Matt
Old 07-23-2006, 07:00 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Originally Posted by Improviz
Hmm, you must be very "frustrated", given the amount of time you spend pondering about my sex life. Why don't you and your sweetie-face Sherwin go get a few new issues of Roundel and do some circle-jerks to the nice BMW photos, eh?

Or, better still: post a photo of your right hand so we can see ol' Sherwin's girlfriend.
No dude, but you sure spend a lot of time fussing over him. I've known the guy from websites and the occasional event for 2 year, and I didn't even know where he works. You, on the other hand, have the GPS location of his house I'm sure.

So who's the obsessed one?
Old 07-23-2006, 07:02 PM
M&M

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
At the end of the day, no stock M3 is going to pull a stock SLK55. I WILL concede a stock Euro CSL would be a good match up - a very close race - likely a driver's race.

-Matt
Wrong. 2 people in each car & pitzi's stock CSL runs away from the SLK55.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:05 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
The car was NOT stock (which is germain to the discussion). Are you not getting this? An air filter does indeed make a difference, as does an AC Schnitzer exhaust....especially on a roll where the AIT drop & the engine gets a higher rate of colder air. Like an efficient IC, you will see the benefits on the road, at speed, not on a dyno where there is almost no air (a fan doesn't cut it BTW). Adding a 175lbs person into the SLK is also penalizing it, significantly.

And yes, I think we are all aware of a rear diff change & its impact on acceleration. I was dragging & modifying cars years before you were born, but thanks for the hot tip.

-Matt
Hey, I never claimed stock + I forwarded the link to M&M to make sure the truth was on the table. So my end is clean. The ACS backbox, NOT EXHAUST, doesn't make any more power. Send them an e-mail and ask. It's for sound only. The rest of the exhaust system is still stock. As for the filter, it makes a TINY difference. You won't even be able to feel it. Agreed on the diff. M&M could have lied about it but he didn't. So what's the issue.

It's not like we pre-meditated whole thing to **** people on MBworld off. The SLK's presence was purely to be a camera car that could actually keep up. The Subaru okes didn't pitch and we had a bit of fun and posted the vids. You guys are way too touchy.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:07 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Wow, so you won't admit to having lied in the past??? Who woulda thunk it....gee, I really was expecting you to come clean there, Sherwin.

People can certainly click on the links for themselves and decide whether or not you are honest, as I was always very meticulous when I created those posts and was sure to include your original claims and/or posts. It is quite clear to anyone who reads them that you were lying, full stop.

M&M gets busted by user zumbalak in Audiworld's S4 forum. First, he posts following photo of him driving his M3 at the track:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/274461.phtml
Then, user zumbalak compares the photo with other photos M&M posted there of his car (he posts as "343bhp" there), and found obvious discrepancies:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/274595.phtml

After zumbalak posted this, m&m went and edited his original post to say that he was driving his *cousin's* car, lol!!! What a joke....I suppose the blue one in the links below is his **other** cousin's car!!

zumbalak then analyzed some other photos M&M posted of "him" in "his" silver M3, which had by then morphed into a smurf blue model (look at the a-piller; exterior paint is clearly smurf blue!)
M&M's original post of the pics:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/274802.phtml
and zumbalak's nailing him on the smurf blue:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/274901.phtml
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/274896.phtml

M&M gets busted lying about Car & Driver test car "not having launch control" when, as I showed via a link to his posts, he had participated in discussion on M5 board, twice, about the car having launch control:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....5&postcount=37

M&M gets busted comparing apples to oranges, deliberately comparing slower test data for E55 *wagon* agains M5 when he'd previously been told that this data was for the E55 wagon:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....1&postcount=11

M&M gets busted posting a false claim about the CLS55 after I'd proven it false to him on three separate occasions by posting the actual article he was citing:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=109
Even after proof was provided, M&M continued to lie:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=129

M&M gets busted in a lie he'd stated repeatedly, namely that all European magazines test their cars on "dusty airfields" and with a passenger:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....st#post1183934

M&M gets busted cherry-picking fastest M3 results, slowest C55 results to deceptively portray the M3 as being faster:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....3&postcount=35

M&M gets busted lying about having "bone stock tires" on his car, when it was actually wearing drag radials:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....9&postcount=68
M&M continued to lie, stating that even though I'd found a post of his in the South Africa Audi club where he bragged about how much drag radials had helped his car's launch at about the same date from which he'd posted his timeslip, well, by golly, he actually got better times without them. But then, I found the following, where he'd actually admitted (again at the South Africa Audi forum) that he *HAD* run his best time with semi-slicks (drag radials):
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=112

M&Ms four-year-plus history of trolling other Internet forums under multiple user IDs;

(click here for other multiple instances of the same behavior):

M&M getting busted lying about "stock" M3s running 12 second 1/4 miles:

M&M getting busted lying *again* about the "stock" M3s *and* three more lies:

M&M refusing to engage in honest debate, lying about what I said, and changing the subject when proven wrong:

M&M stating he would be at a dragstrip on Sunday, then not showing up and issuing a lameass excuse when he found out a C32 was going to be there to take him up on his challenge (whoops; gee, I know I told you I was going to be there, but I decided to get my car modded--on Sunday!!)
Shwaaaaaak! That's gotta hurt. Good posting Improv.

-Matt
Old 07-23-2006, 07:09 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3

CSL vs SLK 55

Hey here's that video of me vs Pitzi. Watch me launch the **** out of the SLK. CSL wasn't using launch control. Both cars running 1/2 a tank of Shell V-Power 95, the best pump gas we have. Both cars have 2 people on board. THE CSL RUNS THE SLK DOWN FROM BEHIND.

The SLK was launched like a demon and I held my foot FLAT all the way. ESP off and the gearbox in Sport mode. Even Improwimp admitted it to be accurate. So what now Einstein? TORQUE DOESN'T WIN RACES, HORSEPOWER DOES. No one races from ****ing 2000rpm.

Both cars have 265kw, but the CSL is lighter. The CSL also holds the power better to redline + has a more efficient drivetrain. Which is EXACTLY what the video shows. /end class.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:14 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by M&M
Wrong. 2 people in each car & pitzi's stock CSL runs away from the SLK55.
Yes, we believe you! Your credibility is so far gone its not even funny. See Improv's posts.

You can, however, get a job in Hollywood. You can make a movie how M3s can "bend time and speed" at will. Real world math, physics, nor published results from professional drivers in controlled environments apply to BMW M3s! What an absolute waste of time.

-Matt
Old 07-23-2006, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
No dude, but you sure spend a lot of time fussing over him. I've known the guy from websites and the occasional event for 2 year, and I didn't even know where he works. You, on the other hand, have the GPS location of his house I'm sure.

So who's the obsessed one?
As I detailed, first in this post and then in this one, Mr. Singh has made it his mission in life to come here, and to Audiworld's S4 forums, for about four years now and annoy people in a continuous, systemic effort to post disinformation and outright lies, for what? To annoy people? To lower the value of our cars?

And this is your friend? A POS who's spent four years of his life attacking any and all competitors to BMW M products in multiple forums all over the Internet?

He clearly wants to lower the value of our AMG cars by posting a multitude of outright lies about our cars and about BMWs in an attempt to portray the M cars as being better than they actually are, and portraying the AMG cars as being worse than they actually are. Fine. But guess what? This is not a game. There is money involved here, and I personally don't like it when someone tries deliberately to hasten the depreciation of one of my assets, which is what Mr. Singh is trying so desparately to accomplish: to portray BMW M cars in the best possible light and to portray their competitors in the worst possible light.

And so I compiled my little list (pretty easy to do, given that they're all threads to which I am subscribed, at least the ones here), just to ensure that anyone not familiar with Mr. Singh and his history gets familiar with Mr. Singh and his posting history, so that they don't buy the BS he's shoveling.

It is quite easy to see where your sympathies lie, and that's fine, but don't expect people to take you seriously if you're going to spend time defending a four-year-plus troll who many members here hate with a passion.

Including me.

So, yes, when someone makes it their mission in life to cost me and others money, I take offense. Large offense. Which is why I emailed these fine gentlemen earlier and informed them of what Mr. Singh is up to, along with dated links and his posting history here, at Audiworld, and elsewhere:
popo.molefe@simekabsg.co.za, mohammed.varachia@simekabsg.co.za, james.murray@simekabsg.co.za, kamal.ramsingh@simekabsg.co.za, zaid.mohidin@simekabsg.co.za, madoda.papiyana@simekabsg.co.za, noelene.dekoker@simekabsg.co.za, alex.evan@simekabsg.co.za

If Mr. Singh thinks that it is A-OK to try and cost me and other enthusiasts all over the web money with his crusade to lower our cars' intrinsic value, I have absolutely no problem costing him money, particularly when I have warned him, repeatedly, to back off. This makes about the fourth or fifth time he's decided to call my bluff, and now the cards are on the table.

Last edited by Improviz; 07-23-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:18 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Yes, we believe you! Your credibility is so far gone its not even funny. See Improv's posts.

You can, however, get a job in Hollywood. You can make a movie how M3s can "bend time and speed" at will. Real world math, physics, nor published results from professional drivers in controlled environments apply to BMW M3s! What an absolute waste of time.

-Matt
Stop ignoring my posts. Stock CSL was faster when we tested.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
M&M

-Matt
1stly what's my credibility got to do about a filmed race between to other people?

2ndly, Chimp's posts a just a bunch of hot air & his obsession with me. There's accusations but no proof.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:21 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
As I detailed, first in this post and then in this one, Mr. Singh has made it his mission in life to come here, and to Audiworld's S4 forums, for about four years now and annoy people in a continuous, systemic effort to post disinformation and outright lies, for what? To annoy people? To lower the value of our cars?

And this is your friend? A POS who's spent four years of his life attacking any and all competitors to BMW M products in multiple forums all over the Internet?

He clearly wants to lower the value of our AMG cars by posting a multitude of outright lies about our cars and about BMWs in an attempt to portray the M cars as being better than they actually are, and portraying the AMG cars as being worse than they actually are. Fine. But guess what? This is not a game. There is money involved here, and I personally don't like it when someone tries deliberately to hasten the depreciation of one of my assets, which is what Mr. Singh is trying so desparately to accomplish: to portray BMW M cars in the best possible light and to portray their competitors in the worst possible light.

And so I compiled my little list (pretty easy to do, given that they're all threads to which I am subscribed, at least the ones here), just to ensure that anyone not familiar with Mr. Singh and his history gets familiar with Mr. Singh and his posting history, so that they don't buy the BS he's shoveling.

It is quite easy to see where your sympathies lie, and that's fine, but don't expect people to take you seriously if you're going to spend time defending a four-year-plus troll who many members here hate with a passion.

Including me.

So, yes, when someone makes it their mission in life to cost me and others money, I take offense. Large offense. Which is why I emailed these fine gentlemen earlier and informed them of what Mr. Singh is up to, along with dated links and his posting history here, at Audiworld, and elsewhere:
popo.molefe@simekabsg.co.za, mohammed.varachia@simekabsg.co.za, james.murray@simekabsg.co.za, kamal.ramsingh@simekabsg.co.za, zaid.mohidin@simekabsg.co.za, madoda.papiyana@simekabsg.co.za, noelene.dekoker@simekabsg.co.za, alex.evan@simekabsg.co.za

If Mr. Singh thinks that it is A-OK to try and cost me and other enthusiasts all over the web money with his crusade to lower our cars' intrinsic value, I have absolutely no problem costing him money, particularly when I have warned him, repeatedly, to back off. This makes about the fourth or fifth time he's decided to call my bluff, and now the cards are on the table.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

If I were those people I'd think you were insane. Honestly. I can be the only only thinking you are COMPLETELY off your rocker.

Go ahead, and be sure to host that phonecall
Old 07-23-2006, 07:22 PM
M&M

Have you mailed them yet? Please post a copy of the response on here. Mods, you have my permission to allow this. I really wanna' see this.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

If I were those people I'd think you were insane. Honestly. I can be the only only thinking you are COMPLETELY off your rocker.

Go ahead, and be sure to host that phonecall
Well, if you'd like to see what Mr. Singh thought of it when he was originally threatened with such a course of action at Audiworld, examine the following post.

See all of those little "." in the title by user 343bhp, whom you know as "M&M"? Those were edited by Mr. Singh after a poster at Audiworld emailed his company. They used to contain actual titles, but Mr. Singh went on a rather furious search-and-delete mission, which indicates that he did not relish the prospect:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/297299.phtml

Yeah, look at how tough Mr. Singh was once the cat was out of the bag....no bluster about anything there. He then went away, from there and here.

But now, like the idiot he truly is, he's back.

Fine. So are the emails to his company.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:26 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Nobody is "ignoring" your post. In fact, that vid just proved my point! We have been talking about 1/4 mile acceleration. Guess what? It took the CSL 16 - 17 seconds to catch the SLK (by that time, the SLK was nearly in FIFTH gear). The CSL got pulled out of the hole & it took SIXTEEN seconds before it pulled even.

Lets assume the CSL is stock (which again, we have no proof of), it STILL lost through a Quarter Mile in your own vid. Good job "Mate"!

-Matt
Old 07-23-2006, 07:30 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Yeah I posted that vid to show that the CSL is faster. It runs the SLK down from behind for ****s sakes. The CSL wasn't using launch control. You seem to have missed that. Here's the CSL using launch control. It ain't pretty. What now? Tsk tsk.

SLK 55 vs CSL using launch control

PWNED.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:50 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Yeah I posted that vid to show that the CSL is faster. It runs the SLK down from behind for ****s sakes. The CSL wasn't using launch control. You seem to have missed that. Here's the CSL using launch control. It ain't pretty. What now? Tsk tsk.

SLK 55 vs CSL using launch control

PWNED.
nice vid, but it only pulled about 3 car just like M&M's black M3 did. Where's the video of the CSL vs the black M3?? I'm sure you guys would have it. I'm more interested in that. Since the CSL with 360hp and lighter weight is pretty much obvious that it would win against the SLK55 probably even with the top up.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:56 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Originally Posted by FrankW
nice vid, but it only pulled about 3 car just like M&M's black M3 did. Where's the video of the CSL vs the black M3?? I'm sure you guys would have it. I'm more interested in that. Since the CSL with 360hp and lighter weight is pretty much obvious that it would win against the SLK55 probably even with the top up.
We don't have vids, but tell you what. This week I'll take the video cam and we will make them. Bunch of us are hitting Wesbank Raceway Friday night, maybe we film it there. Will call Pitzi and ask if he is available.

*Edit*

I'm off to bed. Work is done, and Impro isn't here. Yawn. I'm out.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:59 PM
M&M

Originally Posted by FrankW
Pitzi's car is faster than mine. Even with the diff. We don't have a video of that, but we'll make one just for you.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:04 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by Jspeed
I suspect that M3 has either been chipped or has a close ratio differential. Don't think a 'stock' M3 should pull like that.
Within the 1st handful of responses we have a winner!!!

Guys...who cares about the video...

All I know is I have raced quite a few cars that are faster than an M3 and we all know a stock SLK55 will beat a stock M3.

Cheers!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
The whole M3 VS AMG needs to stop.....

First off I saw someone posted about someone lying about a 12 second stock M3... Well its not a lie the guy mathews was a professional drag racer I believe he used to drag race mustangs, He would launch at 5,500 RPM and power shift the car. I remember reading about how people thought it was a fluke and called him a liar, but I remember also seeing how he went with people that called him a liar to the track to prove that his stock M3 could run in the 12's..

But lets get somethings strait here....

M3 VS C55 from 0-100 is a drivers race and yes the C55 starts to pull up higher but the distance I have seen C55 pull on M3's during a 0-100 race is around 5 feet not car lengths......

M3 vs SLK.. So far it seems like the C55 until higher speed the SLK should pull. But fact is both are able to do sub 5 second 0-60 and from what I see the run close in the 1/4 mile.

Its sad that people keep drag racing M3's the dam thing is not a drag car they are slow off the line and require high RPM to make power but they are very quick from 20-120 rolling starts.. In these videos you have to understand that the M3 is starting out at peak power vs off the line you are basically stuck with a slow start until you hit 4500 RPM and during that time is where the SLK or C AMG pulls away.

Overall if I had to bet on a C or SLK AMG vs an M3 at a drag race I would bet on the C or SLK because they require less skill... Now on a race track I would bet my life savings on the M3 its not even funny how much faster around a track an M3 is compared to a C or SLK AMG.

Can we just stop this never ending M3 vs AMG? A lot of it has to do with driver skill and conditions anything can happen on the street.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
M&M's M3 is not stock. I actually saw this M3 vs SLK55 video over at M3forums. In that thread, M&M states his car is modded with "ACS backbox, 4.1 gears."

Now I don't know what exactly that means, but I wonder whether the ECU has been reprogrammed and whether the gearing has been changed.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie
M&M's M3 is not stock. I actually saw this M3 vs SLK55 video over at M3forums. In that thread, M&M states his car is modded with "ACS backbox, 4.1 gears."

Now I don't know what exactly that means, but I wonder whether the ECU has been reprogrammed and whether the gearing has been changed.

At most with an ECU you will get 1 hp at the wheels with an M3... Doing anything besides a supercharger on an M3 give you basically crap HP.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Overall if I had to bet on a C or SLK AMG vs an M3 at a drag race I would bet on the C or SLK because they require less skill... Now on a race track I would bet my life savings on the M3 its not even funny how much faster around a track an M3 is compared to a C or SLK AMG.

=
I agree with most things you've written, but you could lose your life savings if you made that bet about the E46 M3 blowing away the C55 AMG on a race track.

Identical times of 8.22 minutes around the Nurburging for both the E46 M3 and C55 AMG as published by Sport Auto. In Evo magazine, the M3 CS (competition package) was compared head to head with the C55 AMG on their benchmark 1.8mile test track. M3 CS's laptime of 89.8 seconds was only 0.3 seconds faster than the C55's time of 90.1 seconds.

In other words, the C55 handles VERY well compared to the M3 and it is totally a driver's race between the two in a drag race AND on a track. Yes, the M3 is a more involving and confidence inspiring than the C55 at the limits, but it isn't much faster around a curvy track.

BMW owners almost never acknowledge this fact and just assume all AMG cars suck in the handling department.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:52 AM

Holy **** Improviz. Do you print those links out and make love to them?
I think he's gay. Check the fanny wobble he's throwing....
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 AM

I WILL concede a stock Euro CSL would be a good match up - a very close race - likely a driver's race.

-Matt
Eh? close race? I don't see nothing close in the several races we had. Even if the SLK had a jump on me because I couldn't use LC it would still jump ahead and I would catch up & pass him by 3rd gear.

Oh but wait, my CSL must have had a flux capacitor n ****....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E46 M3 vs SLK 55