Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 vs. Mustang GT (Modified)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
E55 vs. Mustang GT (Modified)

I know...it wouldn't be anything to write home about but in this case this GT was heavily modded and almost took my stock E55. That's right...my first real run and almost my first be-killed!

Last night I was driving home and while waiting at the stoplight, I spotted a Mustang that crossed the lane and was moving pretty fast and it sounded mean. So I turn and catch up to the guy and get side by side and he immediately punches it and so do I. I'm hanging with him but after hearing his exhaust and realizing that I'm having a hard time smoking him, I'm thinking this guy must have some really good mods. So I start to pull on him but not by much - I'm thinking at this point, what the heck E55 move your butt! I have to slow down as my lane is merging up ahead. He moves into the farthest left lane with no one ahead of him and I get right behind him (there was a car in the next lane beside him ) and we're both waiting for the light to turn green. As soon as it does, he punches it and so do I and I move into the next lane right away. Again, we're neck and neck with me inching closer ahead each time he shifted. I would see his car drop back a bit and then he would catch me and then I would inch ahead. Finally I start to walk away but just a little as we're getting up in speed - by this time I'd say we were 85 - 90+ (I didn't look at the speedo though). Then we both shut it down as we're coming to the next light.

So now he turns but I was thinking - why the heck was this guy so fast!? I had my ESP on btw so I turned it off and while I was waiting at the light, I decide to turn and follow him. I want more! So I catch up to him again and we're now at a stop sign with two lanes - PERFECT! (with my ESP turned off this time b/c I definitely felt the nanny controls slowing the car down).

He gets the jump but I was conservative with my launch knowing if I smash the throttle I'll just spin in place but I catch up to him. Here is where I was still concerned. There was one gear where he started walking me like I was nothing but as soon as he shifted to the next gear, I caught him, then he inched up a little, then me after he would shift again. Again, as we got up to 90+ at least, I started to slowly and I mean slowly walk but not much.

So we shut it down as came to the next stop and the lane merged into one. We both pulled over to chat. This guy was VERY cool and started complimenting me on my car and I of course told him what a strong car he has. I asked him what mods he had, with his hood popped, he says he has a supercharger and modified exhaust and starts telling me his dad owns a performance shop and they work on cars quite a bit. He said he is getting more than 500rwhp!!! and he has a Dynojet at the shop. I then tell him I just got done Dyno'ing my car Monday on a Dynojet. He then says, "I was impressed with your car cause you had me on the top end." I then told him I was stock and the guy was surprised. So he gives me his business card and I put it in my wallet (I couldn't see it at night so I didn't bother looking at it closely) and I give him my card and tell him thanks for a good run!

Today, my friend was visiting from Sac and I'm telling him about my story. I then pull out the card and find out...get this...his business card says:

Dustin Whipple VP of Operations - Whipple Superchargers!

I just ran the owner's son of Whipple Industries! Okay, so it's not Dale Earnhart Jr. but very cool considering this guy has access to I'm sure some great stuff for his car! He was very humble about it too as he didn't bring it up in our conversation. He just said his name was Dustin. Crazy!

So I feel a little better now knowing I have a kill against Mr. Whipple Jr.!

What do ya think beoWulf? I figured you'd get a kick out of that! btw...I did call Whipple this past Monday when I was looking for a Dyno to test my car but they don't allow people to use it...only for their testing purposes.

Sorry for the long post, but I was pretty excited to get my first kill and like I said, this car was quick and sounded like a MONSTER out of the hole! 500hp at the wheels!

Nick
Old 10-05-2006, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Call him up next time and see if they could custom fit one to your E55. lolz Good story, wish most enthusiasts are as cool as Mr. Dustin Whipple himself.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Thumbs up The beast...

Nice write up. Shows just how quick stock E55s are. Quickest in class until the next RS6 arrives.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Nice write up. Shows just how quick stock E55s are. Quickest in class until the next RS6 arrives.
nice KILL...

I'm adding a pulley on my E for sure.. ECU will come later.

As far as the RS6..the 63's will get boost as well... just about the same time

and the M5 will have an increase in displacement as well..

RS6 TT V10 sounds amazing... I hope they use the DSG.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Dustin Whipple VP of Operations - Whipple Superchargers!
I wouldn't race him twice though bro....right now, that poor Stang is getting a blower pulley the size of Saturn due to the defeat.

Awesome story, sounds like a great guy.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:15 PM

CLS55
ya, time to catch up with the k2 setup... then you can spank him again!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I wouldn't race him twice though bro....right now, that poor Stang is getting a blower pulley the size of Saturn due to the defeat.

No doubt. If I were him, my first stop afterwards would have been to dad's office.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
nice kill, i heard that e55 engine is hand made, is that true??
Old 10-20-2006, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
All AMG engines are assembled by hand, by one technician, from start to finish. They attach a plaque with the technician's signature to each motor before shipping the car.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
What were the numbers for your Dynojet?
Old 10-21-2006, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

True, but to be technical, the pulley would be smaller. Remember, smaller pulley=faster revolutions=more boost.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:02 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by RBrenton
What were the numbers for your Dynojet?

425rwhp

482rwtq

...bone stock!

Thanks for the replies guys!

It's funny b/c I recently spoke to the shop that Dyno'd my car and he asked me if I raced a yellow Mustang recently. I said no, and told him about this experience (which was a black Mustang). He asked b/c a guy came into his shop recently bragging about he beat an E55. Then he said that him and his other shop guys told the Mustang guy he didn't beat an E55 b/c he had one recently that was putting close to 500rwtq and that it was probably a rebadged E-class!

I thought that was great that these shop guys are defending AMG now that they've witnessed the power they put down!!!

Nick
Old 10-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
Good story, wish most enthusiasts are as cool as Mr. Dustin Whipple himself.
+2