Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

F430 kicked to the curb...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
F430 kicked to the curb...

I was out for a nice drive on a clear Saturday evening.

The SL600 tucked away at home, replaced instead by a merciless CL65 AMG. Its not that the SL600 wasn’t fast enough, it’s just that this night, I wasn’t in the mood to show off. I felt like cruising and should the need arise, have some fun. The night was fairly cold, and the only noise I heard was my stereo; at low volume, Xzibit's "My Name" filled the background decibels, the road noise canceled out. To the common person watching, I was cruising—and to some extent I was, but to the trained eye of fellow car enthusiasts, I was on the hunt… staying slow behind traffic waiting for the Lamborghini or Porsche to zoom by.

I hit Main St. and cruised at a moderate 5MPH, looking for anything fast or interesting. A silver Lamborghini Gallardo sat parked next to a bar, the night light casting an intimidating shadow over its already aggressive stance. I admired and continued on my way when suddenly as I hit Pacific Coast Highway, from behind me, I heard the unmistakable roar of a V8 revving at high RPMS—the roar of a Ferrari.

I checked my rear view, and as I straightened out on PCH from the sharp left turn, the Ferrari roar became louder and louder until it flew by me—tearing the asphalt from the road with it. As I was about to hammer the throttle and unleash the dragon from its cave my passenger interrupted in a voice which achieved louder decibels than the Ferrari could have dreamed to replicate: “Don’t you dare!”

I let off the gas as I watched the Ferrari continue its speedy getaway. I was motionless, quickly contemplating my options as I neared the speed limit. How on earth was I supposed to do this without my passenger throwing a fit?

As I continued at the speed limit, I hit Beach Bvld. The Ferrari caught at the light. I inched up, and the Ferrari gave me a taunting rev, obviously willing to play. I eagerly looked at my passenger for an approving nod but was instead given a look that is usually given by a murderer to his/her victim. The light turned green and the Ferrari launched chirping it’s tires; GRIPPING and DISAPEARING with traction. I inched off the line, furious…

That’s 2 Ferrari, 0 CL…

This time I had it…

Xzibit’s “My Name” was restarted, the volume raised, the lowering mode initiated— and the pedal was mashed to the floor. The earth seemed to violently shake as I gained momentum and seizing the opportunity presented to them North Korea now claims they detonated a nuclear weapon underground

I caught up to him at the next light. The F430 now idle at low RPMS, waiting for the green. I stopped, looked over and placed both hands on the wheel. The F430 driver revved once more grinning.

I looked at my passenger and coldly said: “Alright, now this time—hold on to something.” Not even given a chance to respond and as if on que the light turned green and for the first time in my life, time stopped. It was silent for a nano-second as octane 93 filled the 12 cylinders and 600 ponies came to life bringing that Armageddon war Ferrari’s way. The Michellins struggled against the staggering torque and after the pavement stole enough of the expensive rubber the ESP was initiated and the speedometer morphed into a bullet as it climbed through the numbers.

I heard the F430 Ferrari launch but never saw it.

The CL65 pulled and pulled and pulled. And as I hit triple digits, it pulled some more. By 140+ the Ferrari was far back enough that I could let off the gas and still be ahead while it did some catch-up work.

I slowed and stopped at the next NEXT light and the Ferrari lined up once more. He lowered his window and motioned me to do the same: “My lord! That thing is fast!” I grinned and said: “The Ferrari is no slouch.” He looks at me and says “I knew you were going to beat me—I have an SL65 in the garage at home, just bought this and wanted to see how it would do.” And for some reason I was saddened by that comment, I half expected him to make excuses for his loss so I could have had a round 2, but seeing as he owned a 65 himself, he had no interest. We both gave each other thumbs up and went our separate ways.

Thoughts: On the launch, he was door to door until… eh… I gripped. That was the moment of truth; the torque is just too much to hang with. The Ferrari fell and fell, unfortunate as it may be I was too focused on the road and dared not look back at those speeds so I do not know how far back he was. It wasn’t too far back I imagine… the CL weighs a handsome amount but is powered by Hydra themselves and the Ferrari is devastatingly quick especially off the line and it weighs less than the CL so I didn’t exactly know what to expect… he did I guess.

I have plans to do some weight-reduction on the CL65 a la CLK DTM. I plan to take the back seats out, install nice roll cage, front seats replaced by Sparco, carbon fiber all around, take out unnecessary stuff, etc. etc. Hopefully I can get the CL under 3000lbs… no engine mods planned.

Anyways, I want an F430 That thing looked amazing and turned more heads the CL65 did for sure... lucky guy, how the heck do you own a SL65 AND an F430!?

Good race. Open 4 lane highway. No Traffic. No police.

For record, it was 59 cold outside.

Last edited by Lexani; 10-11-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

good read!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
nice kill! nice to see your back.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
I have plans to do some weight-reduction on the CL65 a la CLK DTM. I plan to take the back seats out, install nice roll cage, front seats replaced by Sparco, carbon fiber all around, take out unnecessary stuff, etc. etc. Hopefully I can get the CL under 3000lbs… no engine mods planned.
That would be sooo amazing!

Anyways nice write up! Defend Affalterbach pride!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Nice kill. But next time don't mash the throttle, yeesh.

Quickly, but gradually depress the gas pedal.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Evil Duffman
nice kill! nice to see your back.

Thanks Good to be back...
Old 10-11-2006, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AsianML
Nice kill. But next time don't mash the throttle, yeesh.

Quickly, but gradually depress the gas pedal.
Depress the gas pedal huh? I was in no mood for that-- it was all out war. Besides, by the time I had decided to "mash" the pedal the Ferrari was a good 3-4 bus lengths ahead-- I wasn't going for good 0-60 times, just for a way to release my anger for not tackling the F430 sooner.

But, for future reference, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Lexani
Depress the gas pedal huh? I was in no mood for that-- it was all out war. Besides, by the time I had decided to "mash" the pedal the Ferrari was a good 3-4 bus lengths ahead-- I wasn't going for good 0-60 times, just for a way to release my anger for not tackling the F430 sooner.

But, for future reference, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
If I vote you for President in '08 do I get a ride in the SL and CL?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Thanks Lexani, I enjoyed this write-up.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:25 PM

'05 C55 AMG
awesome storytelling...and yeah, nice kill
Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4
Nice kill!! Good reading too!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Lexani...you sure know how to write up one hell of a story... ...congrats on the kill...i look forward to hearing many more of these.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Its obvious he was not racing you... The only way Ferraris lose is if the engine blows up go ask mikey. Anyways at the end of the day he is driving a Ferrari and you are driving a Mercedes that just kicked him in the *** at a drag race and probably cost less and is all around a better car. Nice write up I even pulled up Itunes and put the song on to read it.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:51 PM

none
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Its obvious he was not racing you... The only way Ferraris lose is if the engine blows up go ask mikey. Anyways at the end of the day he is driving a Ferrari and you are driving a Mercedes that just kicked him in the *** at a drag race and probably cost less and is all around a better car. Nice write up I even pulled up Itunes and put the song on to read it.
LMAO!

Reading your post made me re-read the entire excursion with the song playing-- a whole new level of storytelling I don't mind telling ya!

Amazing write up. Nice kill.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
great write up....

I hope in 2 years I will able to afford a used CL65

for now I can only imagine.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:39 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Where do you get your 93 Octane in OC? I live in Irvine, and can't find a place anywhere with it.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:22 AM

2000 Mercedes-Benz E320
I love your story, it has a captivating and poetic narration to it
Old 10-13-2006, 01:43 AM
Banned

F248 F1
GREAT STORY LEXANI !

I'm sad that you let go of the SL's did you keep the red one or black one ?

I agree with the comment that the F430 is like sex... just listening to the exhuast frequency wets my pants!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:17 AM

F10
you're askin how someone can have an sl65 and an F430? My question is how can "I" have an SL600 and a CL65?!?!?

Great story, I like how you said, "hold on to something"
Old 10-13-2006, 04:33 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
What color was the F430....since it was new it was stock I assume?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:43 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Nice Story and Nice Kill!

Very well told! Made me laugh out loud!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
It sounds like you managed to turn off your CBBSCD (Carbon Based Biological Speed Control Device)...otherwise known as the girlfriend or wife in the passenger seat.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:26 PM

E55 AMG + Mustang GT
Nice story! Great kill! What did the passenger say afterwards, or was there just a long and cold silence?
Old 10-15-2006, 12:42 AM

Corvette
Wow man you got some real good writing skillz. Nice kill too!
Old 10-15-2006, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. And now, to get to all the questions:

Octane 93: Unfortunatly, no pumps in California-- to my knowledge-- offer Octane 93. However, 5 gallons of 100 Octane plus 10 gallons of 91 Octane gets you a little above 93 Octane. 100 Octane costs quite the pretty penny, last I checked around 5 a gallon. 100 Octane can be found at numerous 76 Stations, here is a list.

The Passenger: Said nothing. I do admit it was quiet afterwards... also I didn't manage to turn it off-- I just did not give it a chance to engage once more. But yes, long cold silence describes the aftermath. CBBSCD lmao

F430: Was black.

SL600: I let go of my SL600. The black one. The MKB. I kept the stock mars red SL600 and just switched the Lexanis.

And oh yeah, that song rules. Glad everyone enjoyed the story, hopefully I'll have another up for you guys soon. Looking for "bigger fish" to fry. A Murcielago maybe...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F430 kicked to the curb...