Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

GT2 humiliates W221 S65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 03:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
GT2 humiliates W221 S65

Went to the dragstrip today and on the way home I get a guy in a new S65 (believe me I know the difference) rolling up on me and wanting to run. After a day of racing, I was very tired, but not too tired to put the beatdown on somebody. We were getting on an on ramp and he rolls up on me in high revs at about 50mph. He looked over as if he knew something that I didn't

He hits it...I hit it...to make a long story short, I put about 10 car lengths on him up to 120, the S65 is a nice car, but come on now

Here's some video of my car from earlier in the day

Last edited by RennTechV12; 10-16-2006 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, dont you know the guy in the S65 must have been backpeddling? he didnt want to hurt your feelings!

And at the end, you couldnt of given him my phone number so that he could of run a slow little Gallardo that would have lost because the magazine racers say so?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:46 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Anyone have the video of the Gallardo SE vs. the E55 or did Alan buy all the copies! Seriously though, you should have taken another run to see a real trap speed. Its a sweet car but it aint taking a stock 65 although it does have the looks.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Dude, dont you know the guy in the S65 must have been backpeddling? he didnt want to hurt your feelings!

And at the end, you couldnt of given him my phone number so that he could of run a slow little Gallardo that would have lost because the magazine racers say so?
Dude, give it a rest. There is a rather large difference between a heavily modified GT2 (I take it you didnt' read his mods? Look at his sig) thrashing an S65 and a stock S65 beating a stock Gallardo.

Here's the sig you didn't bother to read:
Originally Posted by RennTechV12's sig
02 Porsche GT2 EVOMS GT700- 775hp / 785tq 10.77 @ 131 (in 85f) World's fastest GT2
Yup, there is a "slight" difference between a very heavily modded GT2 with 775 horsepower which runs high 10's and a stock Gallardo with 500 which runs mid 12's, right?

This is not "magazine racing" (i.e., the quoting of actual test numbers for these cars, which you for some reason think is invalid unless of course it supports your argument). Rogerv owns both a Gallardo and an S65. He says the S65 is quicker. We have video of an SL65 beating a Gallardo. We have video of a stock S65 running high 11's We have Ben Treynor's videos.

If you think rogerv and Ben are lying, and that the Gallardo is quicker, go to the track and post some numbers, *or* post some numbers of any stock Gallardo, ever, beating an 11.9. It's that simple.

Stop wasting everyone's time with this vendetta of yours.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-16-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:16 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Alan was joking. He was at the track that day and actually ran his G. You will have to go to Lpower to read what happend but I guess the jury is still out on what it can do. In my opinion it is a fast car but even with the exhaust and air filters its not going to be near the 11's or the 120's.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Juice it
Alan was joking. He was at the track that day and actually ran his G. You will have to go to Lpower to read what happend but I guess the jury is still out on what it can do. In my opinion it is a fast car but even with the exhaust and air filters its not going to be near the 11's or the 120's.
Hmm, I don't think he was entirely joking....he has been arguing for several weeks now about how stock to stock, a Gallardo is faster than an S65....

Anyway, got a link to the forum to which you're referring? I'd really like to read about his exploits.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:35 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
His forum is lambopower.com. You will have to register to read though.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:42 PM

WALD out w210 and w203 daily grinder
[QUOTE=Improviz;1795375]Hmm, I don't think he was entirely joking....he has been arguing for several weeks now about how stock to stock, a Gallardo is faster than an S65....

i remember this...this was goin on and on on the other thread
Old 10-16-2006, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
No way!

How could a 3000 lb 2 door coupe with 775hp beat a 5000 lb sedan with 600hp?

I really hope your GT2 could beat an S65, if not it would be pretty damn disappointing wouldn't it?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by Improviz
Hmm, I don't think he was entirely joking....he has been arguing for several weeks now about how stock to stock, a Gallardo is faster than an S65....
I already asked him to run me, I have a stock CL65-- not much different from an S65 I imagine. Anyways, needless to say, he ignored me.

Love the Lambo, I just thing the brute strength of the 65 series in general would vanquish even the almighty Murcielago. I've personally seen those running in the low 12s, high 11s at the track.

But back to the subject at hand, yeah... nice kill!

That GT2 is amazing!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Went to the dragstrip today and on the way home I get a guy in a new S65 (believe me I know the difference) rolling up on me and wanting to run. After a day of racing, I was very tired, but not too tired to put the beatdown on somebody. We were getting on an on ramp and he rolls up on me in high revs at about 50mph. He looked over as if he knew something that I didn't

He hits it...I hit it...to make a long story short, I put about 10 car lengths on him up to 120, the S65 is a nice car, but come on now

very cool!

your GT2 should have a bright yellow stickers at the rear, side..

"please don't even think about it" like a disclaimer...
Old 10-16-2006, 06:15 PM

a few...
RennTechV12, nice kill.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
You run 10s man. The only cars you can't beat is something along the lines of a Bugatti Veyron, or a 900+ rwhp Supra making ridiculous boost.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:06 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label

What mods does your SL600 have besides a Renntech ECU and drag radials? How does that Porsche stack up to your buddies SL65 renntech we saw a while back?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:25 AM

As i said, bring on the S65

As for ignoring Lexani, thats bullcrap, I was banned.

Also, I raced the 675hp Sl600, he did beat me, but not that bad. He is also the one who said I would have NO PROBLEMS with a stock Sl65.

Im sure we could also get RenntechV12's opinion on what my car will do.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:27 AM

Also, I raced the 675hp Sl600, he did beat me, but not that bad. He is also the one who said I would have NO PROBLEMS with a stock Sl65.

Also why is Improviz on ANY of these threads? Does he have ANYTHING remotely comprable to ANYTHING we discuss? NO HE HAS JACK****. Inmo, he should work more instead of writing 3 page replies and just may one day qualify for that 12 year financing on a used 04 S600.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:31 AM

a few...
pwnd.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG

I was checking your timestamps, and you visited the forum after that, and posted nothing in reply. You also falsely claimed that Lexani is modded, when in fact he is stock.

So, you wanna run him now?

Why not produce a video or a timeslip of your runs? Let's see what you were trapping.

Also why is Improviz on ANY of these threads?
Because it is a Mercedes enthusiasts' forum, and I am a Mercedes enthusiast?

Does he have ANYTHING remotely comprable to ANYTHING we discuss? NO HE HAS JACK****. Inmo, he should work more instead of writing 3 page replies and just may one day qualify for that 12 year financing on a used 04 S600.
Ah, as always, a nice, polite, substantive reply. And again: you have no idea, no proof, no inkling, of what I can or cannot afford. So stop lying about me. Moderators? This is getting old....this guy has made continuous false allegations about me and my finances, and is constantly subjecting me to personal attacks, cheap insults, and rants.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:45 AM

I was checking your timestamps, and you visited the forum after that, and posted nothing in reply. You also falsely claimed that Lexani is modded, when in fact he is stock.

So, you wanna run him now?

Why not produce a video or a timeslip of your runs? Let's see what you were trapping.

Because it is a Mercedes enthusiasts' forum, and I am a Mercedes enthusiast?

Ah, as always, a nice, polite, substantive reply. And again: you have no idea, no proof, no inkling, of what I can or cannot afford. So stop lying about me. Moderators? This is getting old....this guy has made continuous false allegations about me and my finances, and is constantly subjecting me to personal attacks, cheap insults, and rants.
I was banned for a week dip****. If Lexani is stock he can bring that on also, but he is in a different state than I am, that does make it a bit of a problem dont you think?

As for your finances, Im not making any false allegations, Im merely stating fact.

Please post a pic of your Centurion card and prove me wrong!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yawn...you are dodging the issue, allanlambo:

You have no proof of what I can, or cannot, afford, period, and you know it. And this is nothing more than a silly diversion in any case, an effort to avoid any substantive discussion of the issue.

You took your car to a track, yes?

So where's the video? Where are the timeslips?

Why is it that instead of posting your S65-beating time/trap info, you resort to name calling and cheap shots?

Why is it that it was someone else, not you, who pointed out that you'd taken it to a drag strip?

Where's the beef?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:55 AM

You have no proof of what I can, or cannot, afford, period, and you know it. And this is nothing more than a silly diversion in any case, an effort to avoid any substantive discussion of the issue.

You took your car to a track, yes?

So where's the video? Where are the timeslips?

Why is it that instead of posting your S65-beating time/trap info, you resort to name calling and cheap shots?

Why is it that it was someone else, not you, who pointed out that you'd taken it to a drag strip?

Where's the beef?
I unlike you, work, so i only posted on my site.

I went to the track and ran a 13.1@113mph, with a 2.4 short time. Do you know what a short time means? I made one run, and took it very easy, my car is brand new, and I wasnt launching from a dead stop. I was hoping for some roll on races. Anyways, If i were trying to hide something, I would have never posted on my board, as many members here are members there.

But I do have some good news for you, I am looking to buy a Mclaren SLR and modify the crap out of it, so technicly you will be like the red headed step child I never had.

As for where the beef is, please dont tell us your bedroom talk with your wife.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:55 AM

I ran with Allan's G in my GT2, I was very surprised by how quick it was. In my opinion, his car would have no problem handling a stock S65 from a roll, that's where the high revving Lambos shine.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I ran with Allan's G in my GT2, I was very surprised by how quick it was. In my opinion, his car would have no problem handling a stock S65 from a roll, that's where the high revving Lambos shine.
Well, we'll see, if he ever posts a video doing a full launch.

And in any case, his car is modded, and this whole debate started over allen interjecting himself into a thread showing a stock Gallardo vs a stock S65.

All of the tests out there show the S/SL/S65s are faster. And we have video of the S65 running high 11s, but we do not have video of a stock Gallardo running high 11s. If you have one or know of one, I'd love to see it.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
So, let me get this straight:

You trapped at 113 and you're going to beat a car that traps in the 120's?

Let's see a real video. Take it to the track, launch it properly, and show us what she'll do. Enough talk.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:08 AM

Well, we'll see, if he ever posts a video doing a full launch.

And in any case, his car is modded, and this whole debate started over allen interjecting himself into a thread showing a stock Gallardo vs a stock S65.

All of the tests out there show the S/SL/S65s are faster. And we have video of the S65 running high 11s, but we do not have video of a stock Gallardo running high 11s. If you have one or know of one, I'd love to see it.
ET is not a good factor to compare cars from a roll, as there are many factors that go into achieving a low ET, the most important of which is launch. Many street cars can't launch hard enough to get an optimal ET. Trapspeed is a better gauge of power and acceleration. I've got a friend whose Mustang Cobra went 10.21 @ 124 the same night my GT2 went 10.8 @ 133. On our way home from the track, we did some freeway pulls and I walked him like a little dog. I got about 12 car lengths from 60 to 130.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 humiliates W221 S65