Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E63 vs Sti "In the works"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow guys thanks for the constructive input, I am at a big disadvantage with AWD since my power has to go through 3 diffs a transaxle and all the associated parts. So if someone else in a RWD car with the same crank hp went on a dyno they would put down more power than a similar AWD car. I won't dictate what speed to start at so the ball is in his court.

Currently on 22k on the odo, stock clutch and drivetrain. By the time we do get this done after he does break in I might have my RWD conversion in with a built diff. I think once tuning is done after the injection setup my oem clutch won't hold the power so I will need at least a carbon / cerametallic clutch.

As for me winning I doubt that, his gearing is purpose built for his power. Unless I do a dogbox / straight cut gear with 1-4 longer ratios I don't see me staying with him too long. But as I said I will give it a go and let the chips fall where they may. I wish someone had some hard info on the 63 as far as their rwd output to the wheels and a track et/trap.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:06 PM

06 CLK 500 / 07 Honda Ridgeline
Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
I wish someone had some hard info on the 63 as far as their rwd output to the wheels and a track et/trap.
Take a Current E55's average traps and add 1-2 mph. The 63's deliver the power differently because of the wider torque band.

From a stop it's going to be about the same as a E55. From a roll it will be faster than an E55 with a wider torque band.

I've driven multiply 63's and the E55/CLK55/SL55 and the 63 is faster...but not by much.

Just race him and post.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
External wastegates add hp & tq??? Never heard of that one before, it controls boost better, thus you can alter your peak hp & tq to a lower/higher rpm point.

I came from loving the imports to loving the Germans, I agree on an import could be modified to perform as well or better than a German, but you don't have the feel of "class" driving an import. Maybe I've gotten old, which I think "class" is as important as "going fast".
Old 11-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
External wastegates add hp & tq??? Never heard of that one before, it controls boost better, thus you can alter your peak hp & tq to a lower/higher rpm point.

I came from loving the imports to loving the Germans, I agree on an import could be modified to perform as well or better than a German, but you don't have the feel of "class" driving an import. Maybe I've gotten old, which I think "class" is as important as "going fast".

Well came from a Range Rover and just bought 4 cars for everyday. Class is great but the maintenance and lack of reliabilty pissed me off. Not to get technical but external setups make more power than their counterparts. Evacuate exhaust gasses quicker, more smooth boost curve and excellent control of creep allows alot more for tuning. Waiting for this guy to do break in he has bought the car last I was informed.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS

Agreed 100%.
There's something about having navigation, xenons, leather seats, distronic, and a multitude of other features that come from the factory.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by S2000
Take a Current E55's average traps and add 1-2 mph. The 63's deliver the power differently because of the wider torque band.

From a stop it's going to be about the same as a E55. From a roll it will be faster than an E55 with a wider torque band.

I've driven multiply 63's and the E55/CLK55/SL55 and the 63 is faster...but not by much.

Just race him and post.
no way, the 55s are faster/dead even at anything below 120
Old 11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by vraa
Agreed 100%.
There's something about having navigation, xenons, leather seats, distronic, and a multitude of other features that come from the factory.
I am not sure how having leather, navigation, butt warmers, heated drink holder has anything relative to do with a Kill section? So if he lost, he would say to me "at least I have a heated pencil holder?" See my point either way I am still waiting on him.....I have a few cars and this is my toy, eventually I might step back into a high end vehicle but I have been there done that.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:06 PM

good luck dean...

Last edited by mv420xx; 12-12-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Looks like some of the members here might have ****ted on this guy here....

Any updates on the race? Although I'm not hanging around in the Subaru or EVO crowd anymore, but I am still interested to know.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
A 4-banging ricer comes in here talking smack about a real car, and you guys want more?!?!?

A few gems from this thread:

"Well came from a Range Rover and just bought 4 cars for everyday."

Ok, baller. One running Taurus and 3 parts cars?

"the gearbox is geared very shor so for every shift he makes at speed with that auto I will need to probably make 2 which is not in my favor."

WOW! You must have the 14-speed Subie gearbox, as the
E63 has 7 speeds.

"For reference my turbo at it's optimum will put down 450 hamsters, and a bit more in torque."

Did anyone ask, anyone care?

This is not the "stroke the 4-banger" forum. You folks should be ashamed for encouraging the poor boy to spend his hard-earned paper route money on dryer-hose intakes instead of the usual Archie comics. (BTW, if you use a sheet of Bounce for a filter, it makes it stage 7)
Old 12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by mv420xx
good luck dean...

LOL thanks but it's not a big deal, some people here, not all even with a classy ride have no class.

Ok, baller. One running Taurus and 3 parts cars? > Ok is you say so.

WOW! You must have the 14-speed Subie gearbox, as the
E63 has 7 speeds.

> Reading comprehension- because of a short gear box(Suby) the MB has a huge advantage beside being auto....I have to shift 3 times to hit 60 mph and 2 more to get past 100. Him being auto is already a big plus in his favor.

Did anyone ask, anyone care? > Sorry if you don't have common courtesy, but that's a different topic.

To the rest, guys I am still waiting on the MB owner.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Forgive me but I just jumped in this thread and didnt really read all the guts but noticed its been almost 2 months since the start of this. My question is ... when is the race?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Vic55
Forgive me but I just jumped in this thread and didnt really read all the guts but noticed its been almost 2 months since the start of this. My question is ... when is the race?

I would love to do it ASAP even with not being finished with the mods I planned, but waiting on the MB owner who threw the challenge out there.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
but the gearbox is geared very shor so for every shift he makes at speed with that auto I will need to probably make 2 which is not in my favor.

Reading comprehension? ACK! Read what you wrote !!!

Or am I having illusions of grandeur? (sic.)

You started a thread basically bragging about a 4-banger on a MB site and expect us to enjoy the crap about your stage-57 wheebarrow?

Not bloody likely. Go away.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Reading comprehension? ACK! Read what you wrote !!!

Or am I having illusions of grandeur? (sic.)

You started a thread basically bragging about a 4-banger on a MB site and expect us to enjoy the crap about your stage-57 wheebarrow?

Not bloody likely. Go away.

Beside being a heel if you don't have anything factual to contribute don't read or reply. Bragging? I think your reading leaves alot to be desired I even said my chances are next to none of winning, or maybe you missed that? If people only posted about MB's I am sure that would make for an interesting read. That's about all I will say to some guy who has the mentality of a child, who insists on throwing insults vs contributing.

The End!

On a side note be sure to point out the bragging part>

"Well seems my brother has a friend who is buying a new E63 and apparently my brother's mouth got me in the mix . Seems he has been telling all his friends about my car and challenges are coming from everywhere. I am not sure yet when this will go down but will be sure to post the results with a vid. I have never heard of the E63 till last night when I looked it up, seems I am in deep S#@#$! Anyone have any take on what they put down at the wheels and possible 1/4 mile time?
For reference my turbo at it's optimum will put down 450 awhp, and a bit more in torque. I am also installing a methanol injection kit so that number might be a bit higher but doubtful since that is the turbo's ceiling efficiency range. Currently I have not dynoed the car but it's around 350-380 on moderate boost. From what I have gathered the 63 has 507 hp and less torque than the 55; 7 speed auto which is going to be a monster on the hwy."
Old 12-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Vic55

Do me a favor man and lock this thread I will make a new one with vid when the race goes down!
Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
As you wish.