Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E63 vs Sti "In the works"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 vs Sti "In the works"

Well seems my brother has a friend who is buying a new E63 and apparently my brother's mouth got me in the mix . Seems he has been telling all his friends about my car and challenges are coming from everywhere. I am not sure yet when this will go down but will be sure to post the results with a vid. I have never heard of the E63 till last night when I looked it up, seems I am in deep S#@#$! Anyone have any take on what they put down at the wheels and possible 1/4 mile time?
For reference my turbo at it's optimum will put down 450 awhp, and a bit more in torque. I am also installing a methanol injection kit so that number might be a bit higher but doubtful since that is the turbo's ceiling efficiency range. Currently I have not dynoed the car but it's around 350-380 on moderate boost. From what I have gathered the 63 has 507 hp and less torque than the 55; 7 speed auto which is going to be a monster on the hwy.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
Well seems my brother has a friend who is buying a new E63 and apparently my brother's mouth got me in the mix . Seems he has been telling all his friends about my car and challenges are coming from everywhere. I am not sure yet when this will go down but will be sure to post the results with a vid. I have never heard of the E63 till last night when I looked it up, seems I am in deep S#@#$! Anyone have any take on what they put down at the wheels and possible 1/4 mile time?
For reference my turbo at it's optimum will put down 450 awhp, and a bit more in torque. I am also installing a methanol injection kit so that number might be a bit higher but doubtful since that is the turbo's ceiling efficiency range. Currently I have not dynoed the car but it's around 350-380 on moderate boost. From what I have gathered the 63 has 507 hp and less torque than the 55; 7 speed auto which is going to be a monster on the hwy.

too be fair..

do a rolling start around 40 to about 120.

you are running a stock vs a highly modified car.

I take it you have these mods on your STI?

http://www.vishnutuning.com/impreza_sti_stage2_v400.htm
Old 10-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by TopGun32
too be fair..

do a rolling start around 40 to about 120.

you are running a stock vs a highly modified car.

I take it you have these mods on your STI?

LOL to be fair? Hey I did'nt challenge this guy he's coming for me. Plus I have been here awhile and usually the modified party is reversed ie: Renntech stg 1,2,3, Kleemann etc against stock cars. As for the Vishnu stages I am not on that particular setup per say. This is my own choice in parts that I put together.

FP green 2.4 turbo with Ultimate racing external wastegate / Tial 44mm dumped to atmosphere. Invidia 3 inch dp with Greddy 3" exhaust. PE 850cc injectors and walbro 255 fuel pump. Custom tune along with a greddy electronic boost controller, Perrin inlet hose and big maf. Believe it or not this is not heavily modded, I have not touched the engine. In the world of Sti's this turbo is not large at all and I am using a stock inlet ID, not a 3 inch inlet. But whatever way he wants to run I will oblige, this is for fun not money or pinks. If your curious I only spent about 3500-4000 on the parts. The methanol injection is going in mainly to avoid knock I won't push the timing too much for more power, this car is setup to be safe and conservative. But I think he will still pull on me with 507 hp the E63 is no pushover!!

Last edited by v8killer2pt5; 10-21-2006 at 07:32 PM. Reason: More info
Old 10-21-2006, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Old 10-24-2006, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
I am predicting the 2 of you will be pretty even from dead stop til 70MPH, after that, the E63 will walk away. Is your car ECUTek'ed or AEM'ed or UTEC'ed? Coming from the Subaru crowd almost 2 years ago, I still remember quite a few things about Subaru's.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
i am guessing you will be faster from dead stop, but no bottom end compare to E63
Old 10-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Almost a Member!

Well the E63 is fairly new so I have nothing to go by as far as comparisons. I am ECUted'ed and pretty much have all supporting mods with the meth injection going in. MB's especially AMG's make alot of power and torque from the get go. Thank god so do us Subarus that are FI'ed, honestly I don't see how he won't whoop me. The race will probably be from a roll figure 40 to 50 mph to about 120-130. I would take it faster but dont want to take any chances. I have not dynoed the car yet and have no track times with this setup to compare. Does anyone have any projected or real figures for the 63? I might swap out my turbo's exhaust housing with a bigger cm'ed one for more top end, but the gearbox is geared very shor so for every shift he makes at speed with that auto I will need to probably make 2 which is not in my favor.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
LOL to be fair? Hey I did'nt challenge this guy he's coming for me. Plus I have been here awhile and usually the modified party is reversed ie: Renntech stg 1,2,3, Kleemann etc against stock cars. As for the Vishnu stages I am not on that particular setup per say. This is my own choice in parts that I put together.

FP green 2.4 turbo with Ultimate racing external wastegate / Tial 44mm dumped to atmosphere. Invidia 3 inch dp with Greddy 3" exhaust. PE 850cc injectors and walbro 255 fuel pump. Custom tune along with a greddy electronic boost controller, Perrin inlet hose and big maf. Believe it or not this is not heavily modded, I have not touched the engine. In the world of Sti's this turbo is not large at all and I am using a stock inlet ID, not a 3 inch inlet. But whatever way he wants to run I will oblige, this is for fun not money or pinks. If your curious I only spent about 3500-4000 on the parts. The methanol injection is going in mainly to avoid knock I won't push the timing too much for more power, this car is setup to be safe and conservative. But I think he will still pull on me with 507 hp the E63 is no pushover!!

So if its your own kit, and you haven't even cracked open the bottom end, how are you gonna go off and say its a "Stage 5" car?? What's a built motor on your scale, stage 20? In supra terms you have a BPU+++ car, all you've done is swap a turbo, add fuel and an exhaust and tune it, not exactly what I'd call Stage 5.

Guys check out my stage 3 M5, its got different angel eyes.

The E63 will poop on you unless you beat up your clutch off the line, and even then after 60 he's going to start gaining on you like a freight train.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
So if its your own kit, and you haven't even cracked open the bottom end, how are you gonna go off and say its a "Stage 5" car?? What's a built motor on your scale, stage 20? In supra terms you have a BPU+++ car, all you've done is swap a turbo, add fuel and an exhaust and tune it, not exactly what I'd call Stage 5.

Guys check out my stage 3 M5, its got different angel eyes.

The E63 will poop on you unless you beat up your clutch off the line, and even then after 60 he's going to start gaining on you like a freight train.
LOL are you familar with Sti stg'ed setups? A stg 4 by most Suby tuners would be a larger turbo with all supporting mods. I have Methanol injection going in so Stg 5! By the way it's not that serious just my explanation of what I have at a glance. A stg 2 would be a TBE with tune. As for your argumentative tone show me where I challenged this guy in my posts? Or better yet show me where I am claiming to whoop him or have the illusions of grandeur that we will be even? He wants to run and I humbly said ok....I will even do whatever type of run he wants. I have no idea of what these cars put down on a dyno or track so I am approaching this blindly. As for popping my engine open it's not needed yet my tune is conservative and will even be safer yet with Meth injection. When this goes down it will be on vid with any luck no matter the outcome........jeez man people get all wound up

P.S: I am not here to fight I enjoy this and all the other car forums I am on and just wanted to post what is in the works. Also if you took the time to look at my site you would see I got a little more then just a swap, fuel, exhaust and tune.....lol ; with more on the way to include a custom geared dogbox, rwd conversion which was going in till a friend blew his and I gave him mine. Multiple suspension work, etc.....

Last edited by v8killer2pt5; 10-24-2006 at 10:42 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I've seen coke bottles with more power than you.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Not being confrontational, just EXTREMELY SKEPTICAL. And I think you're really leaving this "Staged Setup" thing open to a whole lot of interpretation. In my experience with building some pretty high horsepower cars, I wouldn't venture to call many a Japanese car Stage 5 unless it had some pretty ridiculous mods on it, you have a bunch of bolt-ons, no offense, but they're bolt-ons.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
You have more to fear from an E55.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Be careful with those Meth injections.

I had one in college and was awake for 3 days.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Not being confrontational, just EXTREMELY SKEPTICAL. And I think you're really leaving this "Staged Setup" thing open to a whole lot of interpretation. In my experience with building some pretty high horsepower cars, I wouldn't venture to call many a Japanese car Stage 5 unless it had some pretty ridiculous mods on it, you have a bunch of bolt-ons, no offense, but they're bolt-ons.

You do realize no one considers a larger turbo a bolt on, if you go to any forum and say I have bolt ons ie: big turbo, injectors, etc. People are going to say your full of it, a exhaust, intake stuff like that is what most consider bolt on. I am running a up pipe with flanged external wastegate dumped to atmosphere would you consider that a bolt on? Either way your taking this in terms of what you know I did not post anything out of color with what our cars are seen as in the stg'ed forums. As for "Skeptical" did you miss my take on how I would do? Yet some early posters were saying to make it fair start from 40-120, notice I said whatever this guy wants to run I am game. Just curious you think I am in no way close to putting up a fight against a 500 chp E63? That was a serious question, can anyone offer a dyno plot or numbers seen by these cars or a 1/4 mile ET/Trap?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Almost a Member!

[QUOTE=RBrenton;1806783]Be careful with those Meth injections.

I had one in college and was awake for 3 days.[/QUOTE

^^^^LMFAO!

Last edited by v8killer2pt5; 10-24-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
The E63 is going to need a fully broken in engine as the ECU needs some time to adapt to aggressive driving. He will need at least 1000 - 2000 miles before his engine will be at full power sadly. My E63 feels stronger than the day I bought it and I have about 3500 miles on it now.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
The E63 is going to need a fully broken in engine as the ECU needs some time to adapt to aggressive driving. He will need at least 1000 - 2000 miles before his engine will be at full power sadly. My E63 feels stronger than the day I bought it and I have about 3500 miles on it now.

That applies to any car, the engine needs time to break in. I will run him when he is ready. Have you dynoed or tracked yours?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
again meh. STI = Neon = r i c e r.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:57 PM

06 CLK 500 / 07 Honda Ridgeline
What is your trap speed when you 1/4 mile and at what altitude are you racing him at?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by S2000
What is your trap speed when you 1/4 mile and at what altitude are you racing him at?

Well I am on a break in tune with the new setup so have yet to dyno and probably won't till next year since the premier tuner for our cars won't be back till then to tune another batch of my club's cars. This link posted in a earlier reply in this thread shows a average time and trap the car would be capable of, but I have quite a bit more than that listed setup. Oh race is happening in NY so that will answer your altitude question.

The most notable addtions I have is an external wastgate with dump to atmosphere. This mod typically can add 30-50 hp due to better boost control and more steady boost levels. With Methanol injection I can run more aggressive timing with more boost that typically can add 50 or more hp so it's a crap shoot without a dyno to figure my numbers. I still believe I can't match the E63's superior power and gearing, but will give it a go.

Last edited by v8killer2pt5; 10-25-2006 at 12:25 AM. Reason: more info
Old 10-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
I have no doubts your car is fast. Many people have dumped a bunch of money into ricers, but really....c'mon.......what would you rather be rollin in.

E63 > STi
Old 10-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Scoop55
I have no doubts your car is fast. Many people have dumped a bunch of money into ricers, but really....c'mon.......what would you rather be rollin in.

E63 > STi

LOL I have quite a few cars not just my rice mobile, after my Range Rover I am wary of any high end auto. I have many friends with "status" cars and I see issues they have when they are not worried about looking good. As for what car I rather be in well in NY with winters and rain I prefer my AWD. But here's a question what is a ricer?.....hmmm I consider anyone who just throws stuff on a car that serves no purpose a ricer ie:decals. Or even worse someone who just pays other people to do work and does not have a clue about the mods, tuning or anything else? Wonder how many people that applies to on car boards? So I won't take offense to your comments....and last I checked "What car I would rather be in" is kind of irrellavent in a kill section and on other boards is just plained laughed at in this context.

P.S : On a side note do not confuse an expensive car with class, I have been pretty respectful but from what I see the cars here give SOME people a little too much arrogance and basically gives them a license to act like a@#$!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:41 AM

06 CLK 500 / 07 Honda Ridgeline
Well I am on a break in tune with the new setup so have yet to dyno and probably won't till next year since the premier tuner for our cars won't be back till then to tune another batch of my club's cars. This link posted in a earlier reply in this thread shows a average time and trap the car would be capable of, but I have quite a bit more than that listed setup. Oh race is happening in NY so that will answer your altitude question.
assuming you are able to put down the power of a 118 trap here is my "bench race" perdiction.

From a stop:
You win until (AWD ftw) around 120 and he pulls away strong

From a roll: (depends on speed started)
Drivers Race until 120 and he pulls away strong

Your mods (if true and tuned) give you a very powerful AWD car.

I have had a few hours of track time in E55, CLS63, CLK63 and the 63's are faster stock than the 55's. All are capable of running with your mods though. If you race from a roll with your present tune (post 1) you will lose....jm2c

If I were you I would tell us what Clutch and Diff mods you plan to take that kind of power....

Last edited by S2000; 10-25-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:47 PM

C55 AMG
Looking forward for the video.

but you will still get doubters if you win. I'm not sure who will win this one but you seem to have a fast car. Good luck and safe racing.

I have a C55 amg but it's nothing to brag about even in a E55 or what ever. Some one will still hand you your *** and that my friend is an even bigger brag.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I too look foward to the result...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 vs Sti "In the works"