Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

997S v. WRX (sti???)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
997S v. WRX (sti???)

im driving on sepulveda in my 997 (150mi on the odo), i see 2 round lights behind me change lanes and begin accelerating, i let him get closer and floor it. we get to a corner (the 1st left going s on sepulveda after the brigdge/light that leads to mulholland, i dont remember the name), i slow down and take the corner, i look at the speedo in the middle of the corner, it was at about 110-115 (kmh ), this car is unbelievable, you dont realise how fast youre going. needless to say he *****ed out.

i slowed back down to about 40-45, he drove by and i kept my speed. i get to the getty cnt. light and hes in front of me, light turns green, we slowly take of then i see his rear drop a bit and i floor it, by about 85-90 i was passing him, by 135 i was way way way ahead, like way way way way way ahead.

the wrx was moded and de badged so i dunno if it was a fast regualar wrx or sti (didnt see the brakes, i dont think it had a spoiler). i was also straight piped (no cats) b/c there was lots of black smoke when he floored it and its popular on turbo cars to do turbo back exhaust and no cats.

just wanted to share
Old 11-16-2006, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by AMG_55
im driving on sepulveda in my 997 (150mi on the odo), i see 2 round lights behind me change lanes and begin accelerating, i let him get closer and floor it. we get to a corner (the 1st left going s on sepulveda after the brigdge/light that leads to mulholland, i dont remember the name), i slow down and take the corner, i look at the speedo in the middle of the corner, it was at about 110-115 (kmh ), this car is unbelievable, you dont realise how fast youre going. needless to say he *****ed out.

i slowed back down to about 40-45, he drove by and i kept my speed. i get to the getty cnt. light and hes in front of me, light turns green, we slowly take of then i see his rear drop a bit and i floor it, by about 85-90 i was passing him, by 135 i was way way way ahead, like way way way way way ahead.

the wrx was moded and de badged so i dunno if it was a fast regualar wrx or sti (didnt see the brakes, i dont think it had a spoiler). i was also straight piped (no cats) b/c there was lots of black smoke when he floored it and its popular on turbo cars to do turbo back exhaust and no cats.

just wanted to share

I like how you say you were going the speed limit basically by saying KMPH. That way the man cant hold you down. Good kill definately though, but break that flat 6 in, Porsches need to be broken in, or they will be like a woman on their rag your whole ownership.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
.. You floored a porsche with only 150 miles on it?.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Congratz on your new whip!!

just wanted to share
I'm not familar w/hp & to on this model what are we talking here stock? also 0-60mph or 1/4 mile times?
Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ

you dont know me too well do you?

i wouldve floored it if it had 1 mi on it
Old 11-16-2006, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Thericker
I'm not familar w/hp & to on this model what are we talking here stock? also 0-60mph or 1/4 mile times?
thank you

its got 355hp and around somewhere near 300 tq, im not sure how much exactly.

i ve seen 0-60 times from 3.9 (motor trend) to 4.4 (various sources).
and 1/4 times of 12.3 (motor trend) to 12.6

it light and the gearing is perfect so it takes full advantage of every hp. im going to do some bolt ons that should bring the hp up to about 390, then it will be very ****in fast
Old 11-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ

You don't know him. He was down to gun the thing when I saw him and the baby was still spanking new. Killer car.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:12 PM

There is no break in period for P cars at all.

You buy them
Take them off the lot
And drive anyway you want it

The recommended break in period for a P car is not for the car to break in rather it is for the driver to break in and learn the driving aspects of the car.

You can even floor it anyway you want with 200 miles on it, redline it whatever. That is why a P car is always a P car.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned

AMGs

you dont know me too well do you?

i wouldve floored it if it had 1 mi on it
Are you still interested in a friendly Palomar run with Jangy and the SD crews?
Old 11-26-2006, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Are you still interested in a friendly Palomar run with Jangy and the SD crews?
im interested in a friendly run with whoever whenever whereever (are those even words? )
Old 11-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
im interested in a friendly run with whoever whenever whereever (are those even words? )

Heck yeah. Lets do it. Mine is still pumped up from the Willow Springs run. I also want to see how R does with the E63 vs the C4s.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by jangy
Heck yeah. Lets do it. Mine is still pumped up from the Willow Springs run. I also want to see how R does with the E63 vs the C4s.
im down