Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Toying with S55...(first kill story, please go easy!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Scoop55
LMAO!!! I pissed my frickin pants when I read this post! Another ownage by improviz.....well done.

"Your best bet is to buy a AMG. "
I did the same!! Hillarious read!!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc
Let us all bow our heads and have a moment of silence for Slbrabus. Anyway- throughout this whole fiasco all I wondered was where is the guy that started this thread?!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Improviz: I must admit I've seen your numerous and lengthy posts on other threads before and wondered (despite my admiration for "stating the facts") whether you had too much time on your hands. Exposing a fake timeslip was, however, worth it....I guess anything and anyone on MBW can be a fake if they really want to...

This is sad. I know # of posts really doesn't mean much (anyone can be a posthore), but people are apparently ready to throw away previously gained credibility for some bragging rights.

Last edited by 1985mb; 12-06-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
SL BRABUS is a douche...talked alot of **** from before..

Last edited by Bipasha493; 12-06-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Bipasha493
SL BRABUS is a douche...talked alot of **** from before..
I can only judge from experience, and in my past year here, SL Brabus has been nothing but friendly and complimenting. I'm not sure what he said to you personally, but douche is not a word I associate him with...
Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Perhaps you could help us, then:

Originally Posted by HLG600
I can only judge from experience, and in my past year here, SL Brabus has been nothing but friendly and complimenting. I'm not sure what he said to you personally, but douche is not a word I associate him with...
Outstanding.

One question, though: what word would you use to describe someone who repeatedly makes ridiculous claims about his car's performance, then caps it off by claiming to have run at a track which was not open, invents a wild story about why he supposedly only got one run in, claims that his car ran an impossibly fast time, forges a timeslip, creates a thread showcasing the forged timeslip as being real, then verbally attacks people for first questioning the unbelievable results, and the person who uncovered the whole charade?

What word would you use to describe such a person?

Please, do tell.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
douche is not a word I associate him with...
sorry that you dont sir, but i do, thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Bipasha493
sorry that you dont sir, but i do, thanks
I am speaking from my perspective, which is of course different from every individual, your's included. Just throwing out my experience talking to SL Brabus, and stating that nothing he ever said to me was douche-like in manner. I cannot call someone who is nice and complimentive to me an *******, that's all.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Improviz
Outstanding.

One question, though: what word would you use to describe someone who repeatedly makes ridiculous claims about his car's performance, then caps it off by claiming to have run at a track which was not open, invents a wild story about why he supposedly only got one run in, claims that his car ran an impossibly fast time, forges a timeslip, creates a thread showcasing the forged timeslip as being real, then verbally attacks people for first questioning the unbelievable results, and the person who uncovered the whole charade?

Please, do tell.
To be honest, this thread didn't offend me, as it apparently seemed to offend you. As I said, I only judge from personal experience, and nothing he ever said was ever close to personally offending me. This is an online forum...remember?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I still like SLbrabus he is a fun guy to have around but.......The only way he can win us over after this he pulled is to come back here fess up to everything apologize & we will all move fwd & forget about it...

What say you now SLbrabus? your silence isn't a good thing at this point, time to man up...
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Thericker
The only way he can win us over after this he pulled is to come back here fess up to everything apologize & we will all move fwd & forget about it...

What say you now SLbrabus? your silence isn't a good thing at this point, time to man up...
Old 12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Brabus Shmabus.

You want fast? Check my stealth modded E:
Attached Thumbnails Toying with S55...(first kill story, please go easy!)-pc070018.jpg  
Old 12-07-2006, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
To be honest, this thread didn't offend me, as it apparently seemed to offend you.
You didn't answer my question. Allow me to repeat it: what word would you use to describe someone who repeatedly makes ridiculous claims about his car's performance, then caps it off by claiming to have run at a track which was not open, invents a wild story about why he supposedly only got one run in, claims that his car ran an impossibly fast time, forges a timeslip, creates a thread showcasing the forged timeslip as being real, then verbally attacks people for first questioning the unbelievable results, and the person who uncovered the whole charade?

As I said, I only judge from personal experience, and nothing he ever said was ever close to personally offending me. This is an online forum...remember?
Well, perhaps we both just have a different sense of right and wrong: I personally tend to get offended when someone commits forgery and fraud to perpetrate a hoax, and then attacks me for uncovering it. In fact, forgery is a crime in many instances.

But I guess some of us are more easily offended than others. I take offense at being lied to; obviously, you do not, because SL Brabus lied to you directly here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....9&postcount=58
Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG

Originally Posted by RBrenton
Brabus Shmabus.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
*sniff* *sniff*
I thought I smelled some ownage.
Nice job Improviz......of course you don't need to be Columbo to figure out those time slips are fakes.
Geez

Old 12-08-2006, 12:45 AM

C32
Brabus Shmabus.

I didn't know Shangri-La in Jakarta holds drag races! :O
Old 12-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
Brabus Shmabus.

Dammit, you runnin Green filters in that biatch?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
You didn't answer my question. Allow me to repeat it: what word would you use to describe someone who repeatedly makes ridiculous claims about his car's performance, then caps it off by claiming to have run at a track which was not open, invents a wild story about why he supposedly only got one run in, claims that his car ran an impossibly fast time, forges a timeslip, creates a thread showcasing the forged timeslip as being real, then verbally attacks people for first questioning the unbelievable results, and the person who uncovered the whole charade?

Well, perhaps we both just have a different sense of right and wrong: I personally tend to get offended when someone commits forgery and fraud to perpetrate a hoax, and then attacks me for uncovering it. In fact, forgery is a crime in many instances.

But I guess some of us are more easily offended than others. I take offense at being lied to; obviously, you do not, because SL Brabus lied to you directly here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....9&postcount=58
oh ****! Now he's workin HLG600!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Dammit, you runnin Green filters in that biatch?
K&N actually.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:52 AM

2001 Kleemann CLK 230K, 2006 CLS 350, GTR R35
whoa, Improviz are you a CSI agent?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
oh ****! Now he's workin HLG600!
Working me? Improviz, you take an internet forum way too seriously man. It's one thing to look up some info. But weather channel wind reports? Forgery is a crime in legal sense - signatures, credit cards, checks, etc. This is a discussion board where legal sense does not apply very much.

My comments were in response to Bipasha calling SL Brabus a douche, which I disagreed with. Sorry dude, but I am offended by and respond to personal attacks, not by what someone posts about their car, legitimate, or not. No offense sir, but to be honest, my time is better spent elsewhere.

Last edited by HLG600; 12-08-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Working me? Improviz, you take an internet forum way too seriously man. It's one thing to look up some info. But weather channel wind reports?
Yeah, wow, that took me like five seconds to find w/a Google search. In that time, I could've eaten a few cheese curls or something...

What's funny is that you took SL's time seriously and congratulated him for it...but now that it's been shown to be total , you're still supportive of him. So knowing the truth doesn't interest you? And it doesn't bother you that he suckered you with a bogus claim? Odd...I would think that most people would take offense at that, but whatever floats your boat....

I do suspect, though, that if it'd been your car he was talking smack about crushing in his, and that you had discovered his timeslip was bogus, you might be singing a slightly different tune.

Forgery is a crime in legal sense - signatures, credit cards, checks, etc. This is a discussion board where legal sense does not apply very much.
Hmm, have you ever heard of a crime in a non-legal sense?

Anyway, if you check out the Terms of Use, this is an offense which could get SL Brabus banned.. So yes, honesty is important, particularly in a forum which people often consult to determine the relative performance capabilities of different cars. And imo, fraudulent attempts to establish performance claims should be taken seriously; otherwise, you might as well stop moderation, and rename it the "fantasy kill stories" forum, and SL could regale us all with tales of slaughtering SLRs, Bugattis, jet fighters, rockets, and Superman in his Mighty BRABUS!

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

My comments were in response to Bipasha calling SL Brabus a douche, which I disagreed with. Sorry dude, but I am offended by and respond to personal attacks, not by what someone posts about their car, legitimate, or not. No offense sir, but to be honest, my time is better spent elsewhere.
Fine, so we've established that this sort of thing doesn't bother you. But that in no way excuses such behavior.

And why is it you keep refusing to answer my question:, btw? I would venture that it is because you know what the answer is. But fine, you don't have to answer...the answer is pretty obvious to unbiased observers.

But I am genuinely curious: do you think that there was anything whatsoever wrong or improper with what he did?

Anyway, defend him all you want, but I'm with Bipasha493, and find it very odd that you would stick up for him after behavior like that.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-08-2006 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Improviz, if you don't mind me asking: What do you do for a living?

Old 12-08-2006, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Yeah, wow, that took me like five seconds to find w/a Google search. In that time, I could've eaten a few cheese curls or something...

What's funny is that you took SL's time seriously and congratulated him for it...but now that it's been shown to be total , you're still supportive of him. So knowing the truth doesn't interest you? And it doesn't bother you that he suckered you with a bogus claim? Odd...I would think that most people would take offense at that, but whatever floats your boat....

I do suspect, though, that if it'd been your car he was talking smack about crushing in his, and that you had discovered his timeslip was bogus, you might be singing a slightly different tune.

Hmm, have you ever heard of a crime in a non-legal sense?

Anyway, if you check out the Terms of Use, this is an offense which could get SL Brabus banned.. So yes, honesty is important, particularly in a forum which people often consult to determine the relative performance capabilities of different cars. And imo, fraudulent attempts to establish performance claims should be taken seriously; otherwise, you might as well stop moderation, and rename it the "fantasy kill stories" forum, and SL could regale us all with tales of slaughtering SLRs, Bugattis, jet fighters, rockets, and Superman in his Mighty BRABUS!

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Fine, so we've established that this sort of thing doesn't bother you. But that in no way excuses such behavior.

And why is it you keep refusing to answer my question:, btw? I would venture that it is because you know what the answer is. But fine, you don't have to answer...the answer is pretty obvious to unbiased observers.

But I am genuinely curious: do you think that there was anything whatsoever wrong or improper with what he did?

Anyway, defend him all you want, but I'm with Bipasha493, and find it very odd that you would stick up for him after behavior like that.
This is fun.

1. The definition to your description would be a fake.
2. Is it improper to lie? Yes, it is.
3. Is SL Brabus a douche in any context of the word? No. He has been nothing but kind to me.
4. Did SL Brabus personally offend me? Never.
5. Moderation necessesary? You bet.
6. Brabus a bull****, all talk company? I think the success of the EV12 and CLS ROCKET supports the subtle indication they have some clue about what they are doing.
7. Are you wasting your time? Yes, you are. Unless you are a retired data guy with the beauty of relaxing all day and analyzing all MB World performance figures.

Pause a moment and enjoy your cheese curls.

Allow to explain this to you. I, for one, frankly see no point in getting my nerves all wound up over something of minimal significance - YES, this is of minimal signifigance to you as well. Trust me, I have enough things to deal with at the moment than to worry about what someone posts on a message board. SL Brabus has been very respectful to other members and a valued member of the R129 forum, and I not the only one who can vouch for him. Your severe overkill of this thread will not sway myself to consider him an @sshole, for I don't feel one bit that he is. Stick with him after that? Maybe I should just take this a complete personal insult and lose all respect for someone who has been respectful towards me in my time here. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Now, the what-if scenario where my car was insulted. I am sure you are referencing the M3 thread a short while ago. I responded because I knew the statement by AndrewAZ was optimistic at best. You backed me up with your data, I appreciate that. But let me ask you something. If your data argued against me, and supported the buslengths comment, would you not attempt to grill me on my MB-bias and ignorance of data?

Improviz, it is obvious to me that you're a straighforward, hard-fact guy, and I like that about you. But you really need to relax, and learn to not take offense over minor things. Man, you sound as though you and SL Brabus are in a relationship and he just cheated on you. I can only imagine if a cop gave you a ticket for running a red light; spending a week in court proving that the average human reaction to brake along with legal velocity of the vehicle was in order, and could not respond fast enough due to a delay in a faulty light. Please don't take offense, I am speaking in good humour.

Peace.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by AsianML
Improviz, if you don't mind me asking: What do you do for a living?

He could tell you, but then he would have to kill you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Toying with S55...(first kill story, please go easy!)