Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Drag track (SL Brabus vs E63) after that I got kick out....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
don't be mad because my overinflated horsepower Brabus and AndrewAZ M3 will beat your CLK55........
Fixed
Old 11-30-2006, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by Improviz
No, I just posted historic weather data from 4PM yesterday on. I checked this after you said that perhaps the wind had picked up after he'd gotten there.

But the weather data does not show this.

Fine, but then that would be in the weather data, now wouldn't it?

Your argument was that perhaps the wind picked up after he got there. The data shows that this is not the case. Right?

If the track was open, it was open, but I'm not taking this guy's word for it if he's going to try and tell me a 4125 pound car w/400 horsepower was trapping at 113.
who say I got a 400hp motor........ I say I got an overinflated 400 horsepower Brabus motor........ I guess you don't read that well Improviz.....
Old 11-30-2006, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
What the hell are you talking about? Rutter?.. And how am I a sore loser. Just get over the fact that ///M3's>you.
Get over what? That I didn't buy a less expensive car after I drove both and chose to purchase the more expensive one, which I liked better??

You might be able to pull **** like this in a VW forum, but you're in a Benz forum, bub....if I thought the M3 was a better car, I'd have gotten one and saved myself some cash.

I didn't.

So save it for the wannabes, dude...if I'd have wanted an M3, I'd have gotten one.

And you think you'll beat my CLK in your M3?

Care to put some money on this? Bring that POS to Texas and we'll go to Ennis....$200/race.

Bring it. Let's see how good you are.

Last edited by Improviz; 11-30-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Get over what? That I didn't buy a less expensive car after I drove both and chose to purchase the more expensive one, which I liked better??

You might be able to pull **** like this in a VW forum, but you're in a Benz forum, bub....if I thought the M3 was a better car, I'd have gotten one and saved myself some cash.

I didn't.

So save it for the wannabes, dude...if I'd have wanted an M3, I'd have gotten one.
To bad if you bought your CLK new the E46 M3 was not out. I dont care what car you bought. But when you start calling someone a sore loser and making person comments that is were I draw the line. You can talk as much **** about my M3 as you want but dont make it personal.

Ow and best of all you could not have test drove and E46 M3. All around the country in the 1st year all the cars were sold out. My father had one of the first ones drove it around for a few months and was offered $2k over MSRP and sold it since we had an SMG on order.

Even today test driving an M car or AMG car is rare, I can test drive any BMW with exception of the M cars unless they are used.

Last edited by AndrewAZ; 11-30-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey, dude....the magazine tests I posted were from mutiple publications, with the same publications testing BOTH Brabus cars rated at higher horsepower than AMG cars. The same publications tested BOTH AMGs and Brabuses, and in EACH CASE, the AMGs were faster.

These are not opinions, they are verifyable facts. OK? Anyone can look at them, and see that what I'm saying is the truth.

So I really don't give two ****s if you don't like the results, if they hurt your little fragile ego, if they make you feel insecure because you seem to worship Brabus, whatever.

The data shows what the data shows. And if you don't like what it shows, take it up with the editors of the publications who conducted those tests.

And if Brabus did, as you maintain, actually modify your SL to where it's putting out about 475 crank horsepower, which is what it would need to hit 113 in the 1/4 mile, well, then this proves that in this case, they actually managed to hit some good performance numbers.

To do this, you would need a total engine rebuild, and they'd be getting 95 hp/litre out of a naturally aspirated engine, which is about the same as what the supercharged AMG motors get per liter (96 horsepower/liter), but anything is possible. I'd have to see a list of mods before I believed it, though.

But you know what? The other examples are still here, the tests are still valid, and no amount of whining or diversion on your part can change that. Just because you found one fast example does not disprove that all of the other examples were tested slower by reputable publications.

The fact is that Brabus clearly has been publishing overrated horsepower figures in the past, as anyone reading the numbers I posted previously can see for themselves.
worship Brabus worship Brabus worship Brabus worship Brabus .........lol.........

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 11-30-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I didn't.

And you think you'll beat my CLK in your M3?

Care to put some money on this? Bring that POS to Texas and we'll go to Ennis....$200/race.

Bring it. Let's see how good you are.
Improviz..... you don't know how to quit do you........
Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
who say I got a 400hp motor........ I say I got an overinflated 400 horsepower Brabus motor........ I guess you don't read that well Improviz.....
Who say you got a 400hp motor? YOU say you got a 400 hp motor:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....16&postcount=3
Originally Posted by AMG 55
nice
what kind of motor do you have?
i ran a 13.8 @ 100.xx in my clk55 (on 19's) at LACR
Originally Posted by SL Brabus
Thanks AMG_55....... did you have to wear your helmet AMG_55... ....?? Like what Improviz say..... It my overinflated 400 horsepower 5.8 Brabus motor...
If you're going to lie to people, not much I can do to help you there, dude.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
To bad if you bought your CLK new the E46 M3 was not out. I dont care what car you bought. But when you start calling someone a sore loser and making person comments that is were I draw the line. You can talk as much **** about my M3 as you want but dont make it personal.
Give me a break. You've been getting personal with me all day, dude. If you don't like it, don't do it. Go back and read through your posts, and go back to the rutter thread as well.

I can't stand hypocrites.

Ow and best of all you could not have test drove and E46 M3.
Guess again. Friend of a friend owns one of the local dealerships.

I did.

You say I didn't? Prove it.

All around the country in the 1st year all the cars were sold out. My father had one of the first ones drove it around for a few months and was offered $2k over MSRP and sold it since we had an SMG on order.

Even today test driving an M car or AMG car is rare, I can test drive any BMW with exception of the M cars unless they are used.
Maybe you should get some better-connected friends.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Who say you got a 400hp motor? YOU say you got a 400 hp motor:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....16&postcount=3

If you're going to lie to people, not much I can do to help you there, dude.
I did not lie.......I say "overinflated 400 horsepower Brabus" key word... ...Overinflated which mean anywhere from 400 to 499 hp........damm.........you still don't read well.........

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 11-30-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I did not lie.......I say "overinflated 400 horsepower Brabus" key word... ...Overinflated which mean anywhere from 400 to 499 hp........damm.........you still don't read well.........
Ah, I see....so the guys at Brabus basically decided to take their car and jump it up another 75 hp, just for you, eh?

Which kind of begs the question: if it was that easy to get 475 hp out of that motor, why didn't they offer it as a package? Because they don't like making more money?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Okay, I think this is getting a little out of hand. AndrewAZ, what do you mean he bought the CLK new when the M3 wasn't out yet. The E46 was around one year before the CLK55 was available. Improviz, relax man. SL Brabus actually went to the drag strip and clocked a great time, and should be complimented, not spited. In a world where a car with 738 tq at 1800 RPM is drivable, then SL Brabus' time is not too farfetched, considering that he had it tuned for acceration as opposed to top speed. A lot of MB and MB-tuned cars are underrated.

For instance, the R129 model had an SL60 AMG. It was rated at 380 hp, yet made in reality 400-415 hp. A tuned car engineered for maximum reliable performance can be rated at one figure, but truly make something higher. Also, let's consider a few other key points. No hardtop, no spare, and drag radial tires, optimizing grip in a launch. In my year as a member of this forum, I have never seen SL Brabus flaunt anything, so why start bull****ting now?

And Improviz, I understand where you are coming from and realize that you have been stamped with the childish term of magazine racer by several other members. Solid, accurate, data is very much necessary, and absolutely relevant to evidence of automobile performance. However, a timeslip was provided as evidence of the run.

Just trying to make some peace here.

HLG
Old 11-30-2006, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Possible.............

its possible to do, if as he says his gearing is shorter, he had dr's and his motor puts out more than the claimed 400hp.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by HLG600
Okay, I think this is getting a little out of hand. AndrewAZ, what do you mean he bought the CLK new when the M3 wasn't out yet. The E46 was around one year before the CLK55 was available. Improviz, relax man. SL Brabus actually went to the drag strip and clocked a great time, and should be complimented, not spited. In a world where a car with 738 tq at 1800 RPM is drivable, then SL Brabus' time is not too farfetched, considering that he had it tuned for acceration as opposed to top speed. A lot of MB and MB-tuned cars are underrated.

For instance, the R129 model had an SL60 AMG. It was rated at 380 hp, yet made in reality 400-415 hp. A tuned car engineered for maximum reliable performance can be rated at one figure, but truly make something higher. Also, let's consider a few other key points. No hardtop, no spare, and drag radial tires, optimizing grip in a launch. In my year as a member of this forum, I have never seen SL Brabus flaunt anything, so why start bull****ting now?

And Improviz, I understand where you are coming from and realize that you have been stamped with the childish term of magazine racer by several other members. Solid, accurate, data is very much necessary, and absolutely relevant to evidence of automobile performance. However, a timeslip was provided as evidence of the run.

HLG
........As you can see, SL Brabus has a wide range of HP for his car. He states anywhere from 400 to 499HP. The spread is not trivial. I think but SL Brabus and improviz are corret. The former really doid run his car and get the time he posted, the later is correct in stating that the trapspeed is not consistent with the initial HP claim of 400HP. This initial HP claim has nw been adjusted to anywhere from 400 to 499Hp, so problem solved.

Having said that, it is important as a car performance enthusiast to have some knowledge of cars, weight, expected trapspeed and expected 1/4 mile times. This is the only way to actually understand what all these numbers flying around mean. It is like reading a medical journal without some understanding of statistics..........you'll end up with wrong conclusions.

.........individuals and especially vendors throw out all sorts of bogus HP claims. If you are not approaching it like improviz I can gurantee you that you have no idea what you are doing. For instance, if a tuner claims that their E55 makes 600HP, and the said car traps at 109mph, you know the tuner is full of stool. Why? because that trapspeed is too low for a 3800lb car that has 600HP. If you don't know this, you won't really genuinely understand car performance stats in the real world or magazine.

Ted
Old 11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ah, I see....so the guys at Brabus basically decided to take their car and jump it up another 75 hp, just for you, eh?

Which kind of begs the question: if it was that easy to get 475 hp out of that motor, why didn't they offer it as a package? Because they don't like making more money?
yes, just for me........ My car is off balance....... meaning it will not get the topspeed as what Brabus claims and real real bad MPG......... They don't offer those because they want to maximize there performance on how to get the best time + topspeed+ MPG+ ect........ meaning everything is balance........ As a special customer they willing to do it just for me to maximize the best 1/4 mile time......... I never claims my car get the maximize performance on everything......It a give and take kind of thing......
Old 11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HLG600

HLG
Thank you.......!!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
........As you can see, SL Brabus has a wide range of HP for his car. He states anywhere from 400 to 499HP. The spread is not trivial. I think but SL Brabus and improviz are corret. The former really doid run his car and get the time he posted, the later is correct in stating that the trapspeed is not consistent with the initial HP claim of 400HP. This initial HP claim has nw been adjusted to anywhere from 400 to 499Hp, so problem solved.

Having said that, it is important as a car performance enthusiast to have some knowledge of cars, weight, expected trapspeed and expected 1/4 mile times. This is the only way to actually understand what all these numbers flying around mean. It is like reading a medical journal without some understanding of statistics..........you'll end up with wrong conclusions.

.........individuals and especially vendors throw out all sorts of bogus HP claims. If you are not approaching it like improviz I can gurantee you that you have no idea what you are doing. For instance, if a tuner claims that their E55 makes 600HP, and the said car traps at 109mph, you know the tuner is full of stool. Why? because that trapspeed is too low for a 3800lb car that has 600HP. If you don't know this, you won't really genuinely understand car performance stats in the real world or magazine.

Ted
I heard you have a really fast G wagon out there.........
Old 11-30-2006, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Improviz i have seen SLs Brabus and it is infact a Brabus, even the interior is Brabus done. His car is no joke, it is very fast and very loud. Its very tastefully done as well. He is not a bull****ter.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Improviz i have seen SLs Brabus and it is infact a Brabus, even the interior is Brabus done. His car is no joke, it is very fast and very loud. Its very tastefully done as well. He is not a bull****ter.
Thank you........!! Are you back in LA yet......??
Old 11-30-2006, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Thank you........!! Are you back in LA yet......??
Ill be back on the 13th hopefully. You going to the next big meet?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Nice run bud...
Old 11-30-2006, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Ill be back on the 13th hopefully. You going to the next big meet?
I have to check my schedule.......when the next official day and place for the big meeting.....?? Are you going to be back in time for the meeting.....??
Old 11-30-2006, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Nice run bud...
thanks buddy.......
Old 11-30-2006, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin

Ted
I understand your point, but the example here is not as extreme as a 600 hp supercharged motor running a 109 mph trap on ideal conditions. Brabus Tuning has a history of proven performance and very capable automobiles. So does RennTech, and Carlsson as well. I was just pointing out other factors. Drag radials and gearing also play into this. If he ran an 11 flat, that would be a different story. But his time is not physically impossible, and we are slightly beyond theoretical discussion granted that a time has been recorded. I agree with Improviz on the importance of accurate data, but was aiming to make some peace in this thread.

HLG
Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Thank you.......!!
No problem!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_55
its possible to do, if as he says his gearing is shorter, he had dr's and his motor puts out more than the claimed 400hp.
That last one being the most important part; DRs do not increase trap speed, after all (in fact, they can lower it). Mercedes' published weight figure for this car is 4125 pounds. How much does the top weigh? A few hundred pounds, say maybe 50 more for the spare?

OK, that puts him up in the 3850 range. With 160 pounds of driver, that's back up to 4010. So if you trap at 112.5 mph with 4010 pounds total weight, the vehicle has to be producing 445 horsepower.

This is a gain of 140 horsepower, 47% over the stock rating. To get this, you'd need to rebuild the entire engine; new pistons, heads, cams, fuel system, fuel management system, the works. You are *not* gonna get there with a tuning job.

And this, coupled with the fact that none of the three Brabus tests I've seen of cars w/this motor were anywhere close to being this fast, *and* that all of these three tests were of cars which weighed in at 400-600 pounds less than this SL would weigh, is what made, and still makes, me skeptical.

But maybe Brabus just really pulled out all the stops on this one, who knows...the engine has enough displacement to hit this horsepower level, but it would take a boatload of money to get it there, and typically the people who have that kind of scratch aren't going to drop it on a older model; what's the point? But maybe he's had it for several years...still....

So I'll continue to be a skeptic on this one, unless this car is running spray or something else as yet undisclosed...

And one other thing: SL Brabus has kind of upped the horsepower claim a bit in this thread after I pointed out that no way, no how was 400 horsepower going to get that trap speed. Unfortunately, he has made the statement that his SL is putting out 400 horsepower before:

Today, I pull up at the red light next to the red SL 550..........Yes, you heard me right....... SL 550 and it got a House of Import paper plate... ..I say to my self damm the 2007 SL 550 are here already....... So back to the race...... I over heard he talking ***** about me to his friend saying look at my car there Brabus logo on it but the car rolling on a stock rims.... And they laugh... .....(Due to so many pot hole in LA cause by the rain) When the light turn green he spin the wheel and got a 1 car length because I didn't think he going to race me... .....So I floor my SL Brabus and catch up.. ...next thing I know I beat him by 8 to 9 car length till the next red light..... ..... I say to my self that SL 550 is FAKE... .... because I easily beat him........The fool got an SL 500 and rebadge it to SL 550.. ...At the red light again he ask me how much horsepower I have on my SL Brabus.......I told him 20 more horsepower compare to your SL 550 that have 382hp.. ......another thing I told him is to take the SL 550 back to the dealer for a full refund and buy a 2006 SL 500 because right now they giving a big discount...... lol..... ...
382 plus 20 equals 402.

And he also claimed to have pulled a W211 E55, which have been repeatedly dynoed at 430 *RWHP*, indicating about 520-530 crank, in this thread:
Today I Was Driving On The Freeway Going Home. There Was An E 55 (w211 Body) Coming Up Real Fast. He Was Behind Me For A While, Then He Change Lane Because He Though I Was Driving To Slow. (which I Was Doing About 80mph) Nornally I Would Not Race Another Benz. But He **** Me Off Thinking I Was Driving To Slow. So I Show Him What Up. I Floor The Car Passing Him At 120 Mph Up To 155 Mph Which I Beat Him About 3 Car Length. I Know The E 55 Top/ Gov Speed At 155 Mph. From Then I Keep Pulling Next Thing I Know I Was Doing Almost 170 Mph Then I Slow Down. It Was Very Scary. I Was Doing About 80 Mph Again, The E 55 Come Up By The Side And Gaving Me A Thumb Up. All I Know I Will Never Go That Fast Again! If You Want To Know What A Real Beast You Got To Drive Any Brabus V8 Or V 12 Cars.....
You guys claim this guy's never bull****ted before? Wtf is this? E55s trap at 115-116 mph. They hit 150 from a standing start in 22.5 seconds. Give me a break.

Sorry, but I'm calling .

But I'll tell you what, SL Brabus: I'm really interested to see if this thing will do what you say it'll do. Our very own TheRicker is out in that neck of the woods, and he's always up for a good run. He's got a C6 'vette. If you're as fast as you're claiming, you should take him.

Up for a meet?

If so, I'll PM him and see if he's up for it. He's pretty cool about this stuff, and honestly, if your car's that quick, I'd like to see it for myself if someone could line up a videocam. Plus, you'd get the chance to totally prove me wrong....whaddaya say???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag track (SL Brabus vs E63) after that I got kick out....