Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Drag track (SL Brabus vs E63) after that I got kick out....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by HLG600
Okay, I think this is getting a little out of hand. AndrewAZ, what do you mean he bought the CLK new when the M3 wasn't out yet. The E46 was around one year before the CLK55 was available. Improviz, relax man. SL Brabus actually went to the drag strip and clocked a great time, and should be complimented, not spited. In a world where a car with 738 tq at 1800 RPM is drivable, then SL Brabus' time is not too farfetched, considering that he had it tuned for acceration as opposed to top speed. A lot of MB and MB-tuned cars are underrated.

For instance, the R129 model had an SL60 AMG. It was rated at 380 hp, yet made in reality 400-415 hp. A tuned car engineered for maximum reliable performance can be rated at one figure, but truly make something higher. Also, let's consider a few other key points. No hardtop, no spare, and drag radial tires, optimizing grip in a launch. In my year as a member of this forum, I have never seen SL Brabus flaunt anything, so why start bull****ting now?

And Improviz, I understand where you are coming from and realize that you have been stamped with the childish term of magazine racer by several other members. Solid, accurate, data is very much necessary, and absolutely relevant to evidence of automobile performance. However, a timeslip was provided as evidence of the run.

Just trying to make some peace here.

HLG

............Although I understand where you are coming from, I think it is important to point out that his trapspeed is infact completely inconsitent with the weight of his car and the claimed 400HP. So it is not something that is within any reasonable margin of error. I don't think this thread is fruitless. I think it is one of the more informative threads. For instance, after reading this thread, next time someone say that a car manufacturer sent a "ringer" to car magazine to test in order to improve sales, you can spot it right on.

............I am a numbers guy and I don't think he is flaunting anything and I wouldn't even care if he did. His numbers are just incorrect. I have no doubt that he ran the times that were posted. I think he just does not know how much HP his car makes and he has all but admitted it.

Ted
Old 12-01-2006, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I'm totally down for a race..

but admitedly have zero track/drag experience, how bout some video'd free-way rolls or 0-to 80mph or whatever on the streets? I'll be in the LA area next week that should be a good meeting area?

I'll bring a friend to capture it, I'll extend that job to anyone on the boards if they want to do it, ride along w/me or SLBrabus and get the whole thing on tape let's do it!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
............Although I understand where you are coming from, I think it is important to point out that his trapspeed is infact completely inconsitent with the weight of his car and the claimed 400HP. So it is not something that is within any reasonable margin of error. I don't think this thread is fruitless. I think it is one of the more informative threads. For instance, after reading this thread, next time someone say that a car manufacturer sent a "ringer" to car magazine to test in order to improve sales, you can spot it right on.
Exactly. For example (I'll use a Benz here so people don't accuse me of bias), when R&T had that comparo between the CLK500 (five speed) and the BMW 645ci, *both* of those cars hit traps that were well beyond what their horsepower and weight figures should have netted them.

The CLK500 trapped at 104.5. This is right up in 208 CLK55 territory (about 1-2 mph shy), even though a) this car weighed in 300 pounds heavier, and b) it was rated at 302 horsepower, around 50 less than the 208 CLK55. Other cars (E500, CLS500) with this 5.0L motor never managed to pull this off, so this one was definitely way off the charts, putting out more like 350 horsepower.

Same thing with the BMW in that test. Weighed in at 4050 w/driver, trapped at 103.6 w/325 rated horsepower..but this speed indicates more like 350 as well. So while it wasn't up as much as the CLK500, it was still up.

............I am a numbers guy and I don't think he is flaunting anything and I wouldn't even care if he did. His numbers are just incorrect. I have no doubt that he ran the times that were posted. I think he just does not know how much HP his car makes and he has all but admitted it.

Ted
Maybe so...I would think that tuning costing as much as this would have should have at least included a dyno run, though!!

Last edited by Improviz; 12-01-2006 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
but admitedly have zero track/drag experience, how bout some video'd free-way rolls or 0-to 80mph or whatever on the streets? I'll be in the LA area next week that should be a good meeting area?

I'll bring a friend to capture it, I'll extend that job to anyone on the boards if they want to do it, ride along w/me or SLBrabus and get the whole thing on tape let's do it!
Badda-bop, badda-bing, baby! OK, SL Brabus, you're our next contestant...come on down!!

Thanks, Ricker...hope we can have a hookup here....I'm dying to see how this uber-Brabus does!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by Improviz
That last one being the most important part; DRs do not increase trap speed, after all (in fact, they can lower it). Mercedes' published weight figure for this car is 4125 pounds. How much does the top weigh? A few hundred pounds, say maybe 50 more for the spare?

OK, that puts him up in the 3850 range. With 160 pounds of driver, that's back up to 4010. So if you trap at 112.5 mph with 4010 pounds total weight, the vehicle has to be producing 445 horsepower.

This is a gain of 140 horsepower, 47% over the stock rating. To get this, you'd need to rebuild the entire engine; new pistons, heads, cams, fuel system, fuel management system, the works. You are *not* gonna get there with a tuning job.

And this, coupled with the fact that none of the three Brabus tests I've seen of cars w/this motor were anywhere close to being this fast, *and* that all of these three tests were of cars which weighed in at 400-600 pounds less than this SL would weigh, is what made, and still makes, me skeptical.

But maybe Brabus just really pulled out all the stops on this one, who knows...the engine has enough displacement to hit this horsepower level, but it would take a boatload of money to get it there, and typically the people who have that kind of scratch aren't going to drop it on a older model; what's the point? But maybe he's had it for several years...still....

So I'll continue to be a skeptic on this one, unless this car is running spray or something else as yet undisclosed...

And one other thing: SL Brabus has kind of upped the horsepower claim a bit in this thread after I pointed out that no way, no how was 400 horsepower going to get that trap speed. Unfortunately, he has made the statement that his SL is putting out 400 horsepower before:

382 plus 20 equals 402.

And he also claimed to have pulled a W211 E55, which have been repeatedly dynoed at 430 *RWHP*, indicating about 520-530 crank, in this thread:

You guys claim this guy's never bull****ted before? Wtf is this? E55s trap at 115-116 mph. They hit 150 from a standing start in 22.5 seconds. Give me a break.

Sorry, but I'm calling .

But I'll tell you what, SL Brabus: I'm really interested to see if this thing will do what you say it'll do. Our very own TheRicker is out in that neck of the woods, and he's always up for a good run. He's got a C6 'vette. If you're as fast as you're claiming, you should take him.

Up for a meet?

If so, I'll PM him and see if he's up for it. He's pretty cool about this stuff, and honestly, if your car's that quick, I'd like to see it for myself if someone could line up a videocam. Plus, you'd get the chance to totally prove me wrong....whaddaya say???
Improviz......... lol....... Who say I only have 1 SL.......... all the thing you posts is all difference SL....... people maybe think I am crazy for having so many SL with the same body.... ... but they all have difference motor...... Imoproviz, ask me what other cars I have......but I will not go there...... because I don't like to showoff....... People in MB World know me, met me, and ect......... Ask some of the people in the MB World what kind of car I bring to the Hot Import Night on March 2005..... That people in the MB World did not know I own those cars........ Improviz you are like a little kids that try to proof something and everytime you try to proof something you got
Old 12-01-2006, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
Improviz......... lol....... Who say I only have 1 SL.......... all the thing you posts is all difference SL....... people maybe think I am crazy for having so many SL with the same body.... ... but they all have difference motor...... Imoproviz, ask me what other cars I have......but I will not go there...... because I don't like to showoff....... People in MB World know me, met me, and ect......... Ask some of the people in the MB World what kind of car I bring to the Hot Import Night on March 2005..... That people in the MB World did not know I own those cars........ Improviz you are like a little kids that try to proof something and everytime you try to proof something you got
Oh, I see...so you own multiple SL Brabus cars now...wow....how very interesting.

Well, I'm really only interested in seeing how one of them does, namely the one you said you took to LACR yesterday. So, are you up for meeting up with Thericker, or not?
Old 12-01-2006, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Oh, I see...so you own multiple SL Brabus cars now...wow....how very interesting.

Well, I'm really only interested in seeing how one of them does, namely the one you said you took to LACR yesterday. So, are you up for meeting up with Thericker, or not?
The funny thing is, they have already met. Both of them were at the last rosebowl meet. Ricker showed in his LPE.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Improviz....... this is between me and you buddy....... leave other people out of this........... You claims your CLK 55 will smoke my Brabus........ So I would want to run you........ not thericker........ are you afraid ..... I never claims I beat an E63......... I beat an E55 only because I know my topspeed was not gov/ speed at 155 mph and the E55 is gov /speed at 155mph........ so you got again.......
Old 12-01-2006, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Any other thing you would like to point out to hurt my feeling Improviz.....??..
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 AM

And he also claimed to have pulled a W211 E55, which have been repeatedly dynoed at 430 *RWHP*, indicating about 520-530 crank, in this thread:???
can u just tell me how a REAR drive car loses a 100hp from the crank???

AWD cars dont lose that much, 70hp at most, but rear drive cars lose 20-40 at most...

im not saying u said this and all that, just wanna know who comes up with this cause MB wouldnt or better shouldnt advertise hp #s like that...
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Improviz....... this is between me and you buddy....... leave other people out of this...........
Hahaahah, so you're not going to do it.

After claiming you pulled an E55k by three lengths from 120-155 (more on that in a moment), and ran one tenth off of an E63, you won't run a Corvette?

Why not? Are you afraid?

You claims your CLK 55 will smoke my Brabus........
I did? When? Could you please quote it for me?

In fact, it was you who said your Brabus 5.8 could smoke me, not the other way around. What I said was that the same German magazine tested both the CLK55 and the CLK 5.8 Brabus, and got faster times in both of the CLK55s that they tested than the 5.8. And this is true.

So I would want to run you........ not thericker........ are you afraid .....
Not in the slightest. You live about 1400 miles from here, according to mapquest. I'm not going to drive for 40 or so hours round trip to run a race.

Are you scared to run Thericker? You said you ran within one tenth of an E63, and that you'd pulled an E55 from 120-150! With performance like this, why don't you want to run a C6? You seem to fancy yourself quite the giant-slayer; now's your big chance, dude!! We've got a giant lined up for ya!!

[QUOTE=SL BRABUS;1865120]I never claims I beat an E63......... I beat an E55 only because I know my topspeed was not gov/ speed at 155 mph and the E55 is gov /speed at 155mph........

I'm afraid that that is most definitely NOT what you said. You said, in a thread you started entitled "Sl Brabus Beat E55 (w211)", you wrote:
Today I Was Driving On The Freeway Going Home. There Was An E 55 (w211 Body) Coming Up Real Fast. He Was Behind Me For A While, Then He Change Lane Because He Though I Was Driving To Slow. (which I Was Doing About 80mph) Nornally I Would Not Race Another Benz. But He **** Me Off Thinking I Was Driving To Slow. So I Show Him What Up. I Floor The Car Passing Him At 120 Mph Up To 155 Mph Which I Beat Him About 3 Car Length. I Know The E 55 Top/ Gov Speed At 155 Mph. From Then I Keep Pulling Next Thing I Know I Was Doing Almost 170 Mph Then I Slow Down. It Was Very Scary. I Was Doing About 80 Mph Again, The E 55 Come Up By The Side And Gaving Me A Thumb Up. All I Know I Will Never Go That Fast Again! If You Want To Know What A Real Beast You Got To Drive Any Brabus V8 Or V 12 Cars.....
So sorry, but that's as plain as plain can be, or at least as plain as you can be; you said you beat him by three lengths from 120-155 mph.

so you got again.......
No, you just owned yourself. Nice work!!

So, are you going to run him, or what?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Improviz;1865172]Hahaahah, so you're not going to do it.

After claiming you pulled an E55k by three lengths from 120-155 (more on that in a moment), and ran one tenth off of an E63, you won't run a Corvette?

Why not? Are you afraid?

In fact, it was you who said your Brabus 5.8 could smoke me, not the other way around. What I said was that the same German magazine tested both the CLK55 and the CLK 5.8 Brabus, and got faster times in both of the CLK55s that they tested than the 5.8. And this is true.

Not in the slightest. You live about 1400 miles from here, according to mapquest. I'm not going to drive for 40 or so hours round trip to run a race.

Are you scared to run Thericker? You said you ran within one tenth of an E63, and that you'd pulled an E55 from 120-150! With performance like this, why don't you want to run a C6? You seem to fancy yourself quite the giant-slayer; now's your big chance, dude!! We've got a giant lined up for ya!!

I never claims I beat an E63......... I beat an E55 only because I know my topspeed was not gov/ speed at 155 mph and the E55 is gov /speed at 155mph........

I'm afraid that that is most definitely NOT what you said. You said, in a thread you started entitled "Sl Brabus Beat E55 (w211)", you wrote:

So sorry, but that's as plain as plain can be, or at least as plain as you can be; you said you beat him by three lengths from 120-155 mph.

ahh.......... The troll is back........Maybe the E55 did not push his car........
Old 12-01-2006, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by mv420xx
can u just tell me how a REAR drive car loses a 100hp from the crank???
They lose a percentage of the crank horsepower, not a fixed number. Typically this is assumed to be about 18-20% with automatic transmisions; with manuals, it is lower as you can see by the following from Motor Trend's comparo of the Z06, Ford GT, and Viper:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ison/dyno.html
Originally Posted by Motor Trend
According to program manager Dan Sienkiewicz, the typical drivetrain losses for a car with a manual transmission and independent suspension fall within 14 to 15 percent of crankshaft horsepower. Heavier rotating components (wheels, tires, axles, joints) increase losses, as do heftier gears, high viscosity lubricants, etc.
So, in this case if you use 18% loss (so rwhp = 82% of crank), and the E55 dyno'd at 430 rwhp, you calculate its crank by solving this: crank*0.82 = rwhp. So crank = rwhp/0.82 = 430/0.82 = 524 crank. If you use 20% loss, it's even higher.

Originally Posted by mv420xx
AWD cars dont lose that much, 70hp at most, but rear drive cars lose 20-40 at most...

im not saying u said this and all that, just wanna know who comes up with this cause MB wouldnt or better shouldnt advertise hp #s like that...
Well, they advertise crank hp, not rwhp, so they're not doing anything wrong.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Improviz;1865172]Hahaahah, so you're not going to do it.

Why not? Are you afraid?

I never claims I beat an E63......... I beat an E55 only because I know my topspeed was not gov/ speed at 155 mph and the E55 is gov /speed at 155mph........

post 28 on.......
https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stories/171490-toying-s55-first-kill-story-please-go-easy.html

you said "Still cooks the 5.8L, thank you very much."
so tell me you still think your CLK55 will cooks my 5.8........??
Old 12-01-2006, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
post 28 on.......
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=171490

you said "Still cooks the 5.8L, thank you very much."
What I said was this:
Got that? My CLK55 is closer to the Brabus 6.5L than the 6.5L is to the 5.5k.

And as to the 5.8L smoking my CLK55? Still more bull****:
http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/...58st1998-1.htm
Supertest of "400 hp" Brabus 5.8L CLK in sport auto 12/1998
Gewicht 1592 kg
0 - 80 km/h 4,4 s
0 - 100 km/h 5,9 s
0 - 120 km/h 7,7 s
0 - 140 km/h 9,9 s
0 - 160 km/h 12,5 s
0 - 180 km/h 15,9 s
0 - 200 km/h 20,3 s

Hmm, a bit of basic subtraction shows you're full of it, dude. CLK55 AMG is faster to all speeds than the 5.8L Brabus CLK.

Oh, and so I picked such a fast test for the CLK55? Still more bull****. Here's a test from 2001 by Sport Auto:
http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/...mgst2000-1.htm
Supertest in sport auto 05/2000
Gewicht 1593 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,9 s
0 - 100 km/h 5,3 s
0 - 120 km/h 7,6 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 9,9 s
0 - 160 km/h 12,4 s
0 - 180 km/h 15,6 s
0 - 200 km/h 19,8 s

Still cooks the 5.8L, thank you very much.
This was referring to the Brabus CLK 5.8L, which you claimed would kill my car. Both of the tests showed the CLK55 to be faster. I said nothing about your car, because at that time, I didn't even know your car had this motor.

so tell me you still think your CLK55 will cooks my 5.8........??
Dunno...guess I'll find out when you run Thericker...oh, wait, you're not gonna run him, right?

Old 12-01-2006, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Improviz the troll........I have nothing to proof Thericker....... why would I want to run him...... I don't think he will waste his time to run my sleeper Brabus........

Old 12-01-2006, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Improviz the troll........I have nothing to proof Thericker....... why would I want to run him...... I don't think he will waste his time to run my sleeper Brabus........
Come on, dude...don't be a chicken!

Seriously: if your car is as fast as you're claiming, this'll be a good race. What's the deal??
Old 12-01-2006, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What I said was this:

This was referring to the Brabus CLK 5.8L, which you claimed would kill my car. Both of the tests showed the CLK55 to be faster. I said nothing about your car, because at that time, I didn't even know your car had this motor.

Dunno...guess I'll find out when you run Thericker...oh, wait, you're not gonna run him, right?

I am done feeding the troll here..........
Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I am done feeding the troll here..........

Old 12-01-2006, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah......keep on posting Improviz.......so my thread can reach 100 posts.......
Old 12-01-2006, 02:35 AM

whats a 100 posts??
Old 12-01-2006, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That KFC picture make me hungry........going to go get some KFC chicken right now......bye bye........
Old 12-01-2006, 05:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

That KFC picture make me hungry........going to go get some KFC chicken right now......bye bye........
Hey man....No waste of time I'm allways up for a friendly race I love all MB cars I stumbled across this thread and actually would love to see how my very near stock C6 would fair against your Brabus, sounds like fun bring whichever SL is fastest it will be a blast
Old 12-01-2006, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
why dont we all go to lacr?
im wanna race my cousin, so he'll roll and maybe his brother (cls & ml 63's), i know vadim is down to go also
Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55

Ted
My point against the high trap speed discussion is the evidence of the run. Since the horsepower is estimated at 400, but the trap speed is calculated, we can work the formula backwards. Because, according to Improviz's calculations and SL Brabus' times, he must be making in actuality over 400 hp. Time for some dynos?

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag track (SL Brabus vs E63) after that I got kick out....