Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C230k vs. Lexus ES300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w202 C220
C230k vs. Lexus ES300

This happened a while ago, I just forgot to post it then; but here it is:

I was on the 57 freeway on my way to work (at my old job) and I see this Lexus ES300 weaving in and out of traffic. I speed up to see what this fool is up to, and I notice that its a Champagne-colored Lexus, with flames on the side, rolling on shiny 18" chrome wheels, a coffe-can exhaust, limo-tinted windows, and I could hear the intake (the same you'd put on a Civic) screaming for more power. I play around with him for a little bit, as every time he tries to pass me I get in front of him and he tail-gates me for a while. Finally I let him pass, and when I get to my exit, he's already at the stop light for the same exit. I immediately pull up right next to him, and he looks over at me and asks, "Hey, is that a C43?" I reply, "No, a C230." Then he asks if I've done anything to the motor, and I say "Not yet." I asked him what he's done to his Toyota (I mean Lexus,) and he says, "I've got an intake, exhaust, and I used to squeeze an 80-shot of NOS in here. (The whole time I'm thinking, why waste your time and money and effort on doing that to a Toyota with leather seats and wood trim?) I just nod, and wait for the light to turn green.

The light turns green, and of course, you both drop the hammer. As I left 1st gear and into 2nd, I saw my car just pull this guy like no other. Once again, I could hear his intake screaming to catch up. And since he didn't have the slap-shift option, I knew he was downshifting in his automatic. I just whooped this guy's a$$. I have to turn at the next light, and then he finally blows past me doing like 80 mph, and waves as he drives by. Ahh...just another day in the Benz.

-Faheem
Old 09-13-2002, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Oh to drive a Benz! I spanked a es300 the other day too.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
not to be mean or anything, but those es's are more than a c230. You might of beat it, but a lexus isnt just a toyota wtih wood....my 2002 camry xle v6 has leather, and wood....lexus has a much better ride too....all i am saying....lexus isnt a rebaged toyota
Old 09-14-2002, 01:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Nice kill Faheem, congrats, I share you opinion about lexus/toyota, but I think Lexus is just an over priced toyota, and regardless it is still a rice burner.
Old 09-14-2002, 04:04 AM

Originally posted by pocholin
Nice kill Faheem, congrats, I share you opinion about lexus/toyota, but I think Lexus is just an over priced toyota, and regardless it is still a rice burner.
I'll take my German sausage over rice ANY DAY
Old 09-14-2002, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by Regime|Life
I'll take my German sausage over rice ANY DAY
Me too, except i call it "beer burner" instead of german sausage
Old 09-18-2002, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
E 320
Talking

My dad just bought an ES300 last night
I like it!! A lexus is a nice car!
But talkin about handling, power and comfort!!
Nothing beats a benz, i have an E320 and boy oh boy, the benz feel a lot more solid!
But on the other hand, they're both really good cars and i don't mind driving any of them any day
ES300 has good power too
Old 09-19-2002, 03:04 AM

Lexus GS 450h
For a guy with a "4-cylinder Benz" I expect better. That story was awful. You have a C230 and you have a lot of nerve calling a Lexus a Toyota. This is too damn funny.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:37 AM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
You people with C230 talk more **** about other cars than everyone else on this forum who have higher end models. You have a bottom of the barrel Benz and you think you rule the street.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
true but we are also one of the youngest owners of these BENZ's. I've been criticized for having the 2002 c230k since it doesn't compare with the performance and price of the rsx-s or a jetta 1.8t,audi a4, toyota gt-s, and so on... but i'm just saying that A LOT of people think that the c230k is some what of a looker and no performance at all.... well i'm 18 so yeah i like to show off the muscle "vroom vroom" of my pretty low end benz .

i also have a 2001 slk 320 i'd rather not brag about, since it's not a low end benz and doesn't make that 4 cylinder grunt i like so much.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:14 PM

w202 C220
1sicklex & kevinv:

Yeah, its a pretty harsh life to be 20 years old and drive a "bottom of the barrell" Benz, or even a "4-cylinder Benz." Damn, what was I thinking? I'm only 20-years old, I drive a 2000 Mercedes-Benz, and I was talking sh*t on a guy who was driving a mid-90's "bottom of the barrell" Lexus. Sorry about that guys, I could've sworn this was a Mercedes-enthusiast site, and I was only being enthusiastic about MY Benz...next time I'll make sure I don't offend those Toyota, I mean, Lexus owners.

One question: If Toyota owns Lexus, and Lexus is a subsidiary of Toyota, wouldn't that in turn, make a Lexus = Toyota? Because based on what I've heard/seen, a lot of "Lexus" models in the United States are actually dubbed with "Toyota" badges overseas. Furthermore, don't a lot of Lexus models share the same platforms as what Toyota uses for their cars?

-Faheem

PS: By the way, within my immediate family and household, we also own a 2001 S500, a 2002 Volvo S80 T6, along with a 2003 Hummer H2...do any of those cars fit your criteria of being "bottom of the barrell?"
Old 09-23-2002, 12:33 AM

r
as a matter of fact, every lexus is sold under the toyota name in japan, and other markets

the lexus brand was created for north america, to make it more appealing to the fickle north american buyer, who are way more into brand names
Old 09-23-2002, 04:39 AM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
Being a Mercedes Benz enthusiast does not excuse you from being arrogant. And why do you even mention what cars your family owns. If you didn't pay for the car or your name isn't on the title what does those cars have to do with you and this conversation. This goes for you too Alta1083, you being 18 I highly doubt that you bought a 2001 SLK320 when you were 16 and then turn around and bought a 2002 C230 when you're 18. It may belong to one of your family member but don't say "you also have" a SLK320 unless you personally own it. I'm not a Lexus or Toyota fan, but they do make good reliable cars and for you guys to talk **** about something you don't know about just because you feel more superior by driving a low end Benz is truly sad.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by Faheem Daddy
.......One question: If Toyota owns Lexus, and Lexus is a subsidiary of Toyota, wouldn't that in turn, make a Lexus = Toyota? ........
Well, wouldn't that thinking make a Mercedes Benz a Chrysler?

Don't get me wrong I agree that a Lexus is nothing but a rebadged and very expensive Toyota.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:38 PM

red bicycle
"You people with C230 talk more **** about other cars than everyone else on this forum who have higher end models. You have a bottom of the barrel Benz and you think you rule the street."

Nobody in their Benz should be arrogant. So you drive a Benz...does that make you better than the next guy? If you think it does, you're compensating for something. But KevinV, isn't your statement very arrogant in itself? What are you suggesting? They do sell CLKs in Europe with 1.8L 4-cylinders...

Come on guys, enjoy your cars and at least have respect for each other, no matter what you drive.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:40 PM

red bicycle
And as for Lexus drivers, this is from Autoexpress
Old 09-23-2002, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
YEP i'm 18, the 2002 c230 is mine.. the slk 320 is just sitting in the garage it's no ones, a weekend car for me and my sibling... i named only the car's I mostly drive. i used to drive a TOYOTA celica, quite Fun.... but then got me a benz... i'm not sure what really irked you to write...

You people with C230 talk more **** about other cars than everyone else on this forum who have higher end models. You have a bottom of the barrel Benz and you think you rule the street.

so if we didn't have a bottom of the barrel benz then we'd have the right to think that we rule the streets? WOW.... so what if we like our cars.... calling us arrogant..HA.."bottom of the barrel"... GREAT you own a 430 now be happy....don't criticize us... and don't read our c230 comments... you really don't have to read our comments... or anyones so don't judge.... "Can't we all just get along"..... no? ok.. well i don't care... HAHA

YOu know we're just inputing our kill stories so chill.. DUDE...

Toyota's are good but lexus' are just a more sophisticated toyota... don't they look alike, yes but inside it's different... alright both are good but i'd take a benz over a lexus anyday....so let's all calm down.. and stop arguing.... it's soooo.... how do you say, 18ish... LOL

how old are you anyway?...
Old 09-23-2002, 09:30 PM

w202 C220
kevinv:

It looks like you didn't quite comprehend correctly the purpose of my last post. If you read more carefully, you'll see that I asked a question in reagard to what kind of cars my family owns, because you were so apt to classify the degree and level of which model car belongs in what class. Furthermore, if you're making an attempt at criticizing or insulting someone, I don't think "arrogant" is the term you meant to use, I believe you were referring to the term "ignorant," as it is a more descriptive term when you're trying to explain to someone that one car is better than the other.

Finally, based on my personal experiences and observations, what I've read in reputable news sources, as well as what I've studied when comparing a Japanese-made "luxury car" to a European-engineered luxury automobile, I have learned that the quality and craftsmanship as well as the engineering that is involved in building a European automobile is not only far more advanced than that of Japanese car-makers, but also far superior.

In addition, in this democratic society, and free Internet of the United States of America, I believe that every one is entitled to their own opinion, and I will respect anyone else's opinion as well, despite whether or not I disagree with them. True ignorance and arrogance is acheived when one person is insulted by another person simply because they do not agree on the same terms. You are 100% entitled to your opinion, as am I. Therefore I will not criticize nor insult you based on whether or not your car is an entry-level model, and I will continue to respect your opinions, regardless of how naive and unsubstantial they seem to me. Good luck in everything you do.

-Faheem
Old 09-24-2002, 02:08 PM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
The term "arrogant" was meant to characterized your attitude toward people who don't drive a Benz. I case you don't understand what it means, here it is: arrogant - "marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others." Your feeling of superiority obviously comes from the fact that you drive a Benz and they don't. The term is not meant as an insult but merely to point out that this kind of attitude and thinking have not place in this forum. You can post your kill stories because after all this is kill forum but the detail of your post truly reflect your arrogance. You may see arrogance as a good thing because you haven't been on the other end of the stick, but I see it as the lowest form of thinking especially when it is due to what kind of car you drive or own. And you're right, it is just my opinion and you're entitled to yours. Just to clarify it doesn't matter if you drive a top of the line Benz, my opinion would be the same. I used the term "low end Benz" just to make it unique to your case.

P.S. This is my last post to this thread.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by bmms8
lexus isnt a rebaged toyota
Yes, it is.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Originally posted by pocholin
Well, wouldn't that thinking make a Mercedes Benz a Chrysler?

Don't get me wrong I agree that a Lexus is nothing but a rebadged and very expensive Toyota.
Uhmm, no Daimler bought Chrysler not the other way around. So it would be a Benz still or better yet a Daimler. But the Chryslers would be a Benz as well if we used that criteria...

Then again I like the Lexus, my rents have an RX300 and it is comfortable, not to powerfull but comfortable.
Old 10-06-2002, 02:19 PM

desert silver ml320
hey that guy in the lexus es300 is my friend. his car is ****. i used to kill him in my acura cl. la habra ****er..
Old 10-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK 32 AMG
man toyotas i mean lexus suck in my opinion,especially that gay toyota IS
Old 10-13-2002, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Lexus isn't even a real company...its just a marketing brand name for use here in the US. They have no factories, the cars are just moddified Toyota's, the engineers are Toyota engineers, etc..

Same goes for Infinity and Acura too.

Now, this isn't to say they are bad cars, but let's be honest about what they are.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:21 AM

Lexus GS 450h
I had bought an ES 300 at 18 IN MY NAME, so don't go there. hard work pays off bub.

Wow, I feel so "little" in my toyota compared to a MERCEDES BENZ lol, hey whatever makes you feel good...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C230k vs. Lexus ES300