Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

BMW Z4 M Roadster given "Sports Package" kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Cant we just all get along?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by 996Yayo
well given that they're already rolling (as opposed to going from a dead stop) as they come onto that straightaway, i can totally see a Viper not being able to close the distance between him and an E55K in front of him. heck, i suppose a Viper could possibly lose ground to an E55K were it not for the E-class's "brick in the wind" aerodynamics. regardless (and like i stated above), that particular video says his E55 is stock (not yet an E55K).
E class has a coefficient of drag of .27 ,A dodge viper GTS has .35 A viper RT/10 is .45... A porsche 997 turbo has a .28. But having a higher CD can be a good thing and can be a bad thing depending on what you want to do.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by amgdriven
Look at what you have done. You now have MBWorld's biggest a$$hole getting involved. Let it begin..............................

Well my Jacuzzi tub driving, trailer park trash troll.....this is a Mercedes forum.

M-E-R-C-E-D-E-S forum.

What? Oh, that's right...you HAD one. A S-class in which you where confused if it was a 430 or 500....with a hps supercharger. Right? Wow, what a move "up" you made. All you do is talk how great your Jacuzzi tube is.....congratulations. I bet you are the happiest tool in the trailer park. Why so bitter? All of those years ridding on the short yellow bus anger you?

Why stay? What do you bring to the table? Your typing is horrid. Your grammar is terrible. The only time you chime in is when someone compares their car to a vette or thinks their Mercedes is faster then something other then a Mercedes. As a matter of fact, all your cronies on this forum are trolls. I guess back in the day on the short yellow bus....you all had to stick together.

Your figures you quoted are.....once again.....one sided for your gain.

But, giving some credit where credit is do.....the E55K is comparable to the Viper on the straights. Viper does show some better times......but there is a huge variance. We all know E55K can get below 12 seconds stock. But rare. 2006 Viper has 1/4 mile times up to 12.3 with some times as low as 11.77.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d..._data_panel.pd

ChicagoX stated the factory viper would not pull on the straights. He has a valid assumption. The viper should be faster, but I guess it depends on the apex acceleration and how strong the cars are.

hey ricker....ball is in your court now.
My $50k dollar C6 is great! thanks for asking How's your old $15,000 dollar e55 210

Kettle say hello the pot...lol
In order to make fun of my Grammar, & typing, you need to have better skills than I do, you type, spell, far worse than me guy I'll give credit where it's due, though I disagree w/ChicagoX, he at least has superior grammar, typing, skills than I, you on the other hand..Please hahahahaha

Also this is a CAR FORUM! not English class D-bag

Get a grip SRT10 Vipers own E55K, 12.3 being the slowest quoted time for a SRT10, **** man...The slowest E55k go as high as 12.7xx you have no points, shut it!

I stay here and impart a great bit of knowledge for lessor informed individuals such as yourself, it's ok Korky, you'll get better w/time/age

I also have a bunch of good friends here, it's a great forum! Enjoy your free speech ramblings Korky

Last edited by Thericker; 02-07-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by Thericker
My $50k dollar C6is great! thanks for asking How's your old $15,000 dollar e55 210
no argument there. I have had mine now for six years now, and she sure isn't worth what I bought it for! (39,000 miles worth wholesale @22,500) In which reminds me, if you're ever in Texas and your Jacuzzi breaks, I can get 05 c6's all day @ $27K from wholesaler buddy of mine. Man, there is a LOT of those at the auctions. Speaking of which, how many is in your trailer park?

Kettle say hello the pot...lol
In order to make fun of my Grammar, & typing, you need to have better skills than I do, you type, spell, far worse than me guy
Umm....no. Search my posts and I will search yours.............

Get a grip SRT10 Vipers own E55K,
What?

12.3 being the slowest quoted time for a SRT10, **** man...The slowest E55k go as high as 12.7xx you have no points, shut it!
Didn't I quote that already? 12.7 for a E55K? Where?

I stay here and impart a great bit of knowledge for lessor informed individuals such as yourself, it's ok Korky, you'll get better w/time/age
Please read what you just wrote.

I'm disappointed man, I thought you was a internet tough guy.

I also have a bunch of good friends here, it's a great forum! Enjoy your free speach ramblings Korky
stop, I'm getting misty. I take it, "bunch" "good" "friends" can be taken non literal. Oh wait, you were serious.

Last edited by amgdriven; 02-07-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
E class has a coefficient of drag of .27 ,A dodge viper GTS has .35 A viper RT/10 is .45... A porsche 997 turbo has a .28. But having a higher CD can be a good thing and can be a bad thing depending on what you want to do.
point taken, but if your goal is less aerodynamic drag, then a lower Cd is always better. and the drag coefficient does not by itself determine the overall amount drag...someone at MBworld.com taught me that believe it or not . the overall amount of drag is equal to the Cd x frontal area. suppose for a second that the Viper GTS has half the frontal area of the E-class, and suppose the frontal area of the E-class = 1 (we'll leave units of area out for simplicy's sake). then it would follow that the Viper's frontal area is then equal to 1/2. then the aerodynamic drag force on the E-class = 0.27 x 1 = 0.27, while that of the Viper GTS = 0.35 x 1/2 = 0.175. even if the frontal area of the Viper was more than 1/2 of that of the E-class's, say 2/3 for example, the Viper's total aerodynamic drag would still be 0.35 x 2/3 = .233...that's still lower than the total drag of the E-class. the RT/10's total drag (if we assume it's frontal area is 2/3 that of the E-class) is 0.45 x 2/3 = approx. 0.3. that's barely higher than an E-class...so the E has the advantage over an RT/10 (based on my assumptions of frontal areas of course), but, as i'm sure you already know, wind resistance is but one of several factors that must be considered, even when only figuring a car's straight line speed/accdeleration. hence there must be other factors involved since a stock SRT/10 Viper will pull an E55 in a straight line, despite the E's aerodynamic advantage.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Obviously the deadly a$$hole virus doesn't distinguish between those with MB and those without....
Old 02-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by 1985MB380SE
Obviously the deadly a$$hole virus doesn't distinguish between those with MB and those without....
The debilitating and often fatal post ***** virus seems to have also taken its toll on those who frequently talk out there ***.....
Old 02-07-2007, 07:27 PM

slow down there zoom-zoom.

you are getting excited and not making any sense. I don't know ChicagoX from Adam, and I don't care to. I do care that a pencil-dick punk like yourself is lost on the wrong forum. This is for...and I quote...."MERCEDES ENTHUSIAST".....hence the name, MBWorld. Someone made fun of a 350z and you show up on the forum. Why? Go watch Fast and the Furious and buy the poster. Sure it's a free country.....but like this country, ignorance is not tolerated.

Oh, for the record...my **** does stink. Eating fools like you are bound to cause something foul.
I made perfect sense...You felt the need to hang from someone elses ******* and I called you on it..Im pretty sure Chicago X could have responded for himself if he felt it nesessary...You can throw as many juvenile rice comments as you want, you are just making yourself look stupid...I dont mind the little ribbing its what makes car forums fun but you obviously believe your bull*****...

Also, oh brilliant one, to be an enthusiast doesnt nesessarily require ownership....As for the reason I showed up here is because I ran with a few MB's on sunday and was totally impressed and figured Id run into some of the guys on here......Not because of some nonsensical rice comment....Im not a brand loyal lemming like you seem to be...I like performance cars period...Wheather its with 2 or 4 doors...So step off, STFU and slap yourself as its pretty obvious who the ignorant one is....Heres a hint for you Michael Jackson...Its the man in the mirror...
Old 02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by 350Zman
I made perfect sense...You felt the need to hang from someone elses ******* and I called you on it..Im pretty sure Chicago X could have responded for himself if he felt it nesessary...You can throw as many juvenile rice comments as you want, you are just making yourself look stupid...I dont mind the little ribbing its what makes car forums fun but you obviously believe your bull*****...

Also, oh brilliant one, to be an enthusiast doesnt nesessarily require ownership....As for the reason I showed up here is because I ran with a few MB's on sunday and was totally impressed and figured Id run into some of the guys on here......Not because of some nonsensical rice comment....Im not a brand loyal lemming like you seem to be...I like performance cars period...Wheather its with 2 or 4 doors...So step off, STFU and slap yourself as its pretty obvious who the ignorant one is....Heres a hint for you Michael Jackson...Its the man in the mirror...
Other than that ghey *** michael jackson comment......not a bad comeback on your part.

welcome aboard.

Last edited by amgdriven; 02-07-2007 at 11:45 PM. Reason: I forgot the rice :)
Old 02-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
oh my god LOL...its a sorta relationship

what was this thread originally about again? haha
Old 02-07-2007, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Other than that ghey *** michael jackson comment......not a bad comeback on your part.

welcome aboard.
Hey guy? Your come backs are so uninspiring, you really should look in the mirror "Trailer Trash" ok...M&M
Old 02-07-2007, 09:15 PM

welcome aboard.
Thanks for the welcome but that naughty smiley has me worried about you. Maybe that Michael Jackson comment is appropos..
Old 02-07-2007, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Cant we just all get along?
Originally Posted by 1985MB380SE

Is there a point to this nonsensical dispute? Maybe some entertaining reading...at best.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by 350Zman
Thanks for the welcome but that naughty smiley has me worried about you. Maybe that Michael Jackson comment is appropos..
...........yeah, now that you mention it.....I can see were someone GAY could take it that way.

walk away slowly man......I'm reloading.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Hey guy? Your come backs are so uninspiring, you really should look in the mirror "Trailer Trash" ok...M&M
I must admit something, ricker. I think your comebacks are most of the time weak and tangent, but, I will give you credit for not quoting any songs from michael jackson.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I must admit something, ricker. I think your comebacks are most of the time weak and tangent, but, I will give you credit for not quoting any songs from michael jackson.
I'll leave it at this, you obviously have a sense of humor, I like that we disagree about Viper perf? big deal...The best part of MBworld posting is having a good sense of humor which most of us have, very entertaining
Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Banned

w210 E55
I'll leave it at this, you obviously have a sense of humor, I like that we disagree about Viper perf? big deal...The best part of MBworld posting is having a good sense of humor which most of us have, very entertaining
+
Old 02-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
LOL some honest to goodness ribbing followed by good sportsmanship

...and i thought this thread was headed for a ...silly me
Old 02-08-2007, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
Other than that ghey *** michael jackson comment......
leave michael out of this
Old 02-08-2007, 12:53 PM

Looking for a new toy.
LOL some honest to goodness ribbing followed by good sportsmanship

...and i thought this thread was headed for a ...silly me
This is a strange kill forum inhabited by stranger members - you'll get used to it!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by FishtailnZ
This is a strange kill forum inhabited by stranger members - you'll get used to it!
HAHAHA tell me about it...its good we can all look back at the **** we wrote and laugh.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Almost a Member!

03 M5,98 528i,e36,Gsxr750
The MB forum here is really good work entertainment .. its like the soapchannel with neverending drama
Old 02-08-2007, 03:56 PM

I must say this was some really great reading... thanks guys
Old 02-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by nyc_srt8
I must say this was some really great reading... thanks guys
in what way? were you overwhelmed by knowledge or entertainment?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:20 PM

in what way? were you overwhelmed by knowledge or entertainment?
Both, the knowledge came from (I believe it was your post) the explanation of the drag on the viper and e-class. The entertainment was from the back and forth ripping from those 4 members...I had to hold my laughs in at works...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW Z4 M Roadster given "Sports Package" kill