Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

BMW Z4 M Roadster given "Sports Package" kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
BMW Z4 M Roadster given "Sports Package" kill

When you zip in and out of traffic to make sure to line up to me and then taunt, you are just asking for an ole fashioned a$$ whooping. Pulls up next to me and really hints that he wants action.

I am learning to give people a slight headstart in order to get rid of the "well he got me on the launch" excuse. Waited to hear the engine rev and the Z4 juuuust start to pull, then I gave him the full package. Good launch, not much triangle....clean kill.

I slow down around 75-80 as the damage has obviously been done. Waiting for the flyby and what is on my drivers side, the friggin Z4 again goosing it back and forth hoping for some rolling action. He finallys nails it and I figure we should end this. Let him get the headstart to eliminate excuses again and then the E55 reeeeelllls him on in and then just SLAMS past him at out 120 as I hear the poor thing whining in those high revs.

He seemed cool with the final kill, no flyby which I really respected.

Z4 guys > ricers.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 01-29-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
My S4 and I know better than to mess with the E55k
Old 01-30-2007, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Nice kill! even though it was no match, you gotta do it when they ask for it!
I had a same Z4 M ask for it while on the freeway he also got the lead, I just destroyed him in the C6... Can't imagine how fast you must've flown by in your modded E55
Old 01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
had a brand new shiny blue z4 flooring it against every car on the parkway the other day. i lined up with him at a light finally and he floored it, his hag looked over with a "don't even try it" look at me. at the next stoplight he did the same but this time i decided to floor it as well. i left him by about 2 cars immediately and kept gaining till about 80 when i let off. he then proceeded to get in the slow lane and cruise.

this wasn't a z4m.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
i've had all sorts of cars who want to run, from VW GTI's to M3s. I've run across lots of IS and G35s who want to run, but most of the time I don't even bother. I mean, it's not even going to be a race.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ultraseven
i've had all sorts of cars who want to run, from VW GTI's to M3s. I've run across lots of IS and G35s who want to run, but most of the time I don't even bother. I mean, it's not even going to be a race.
What'cha rollin with? your profile or sig, doesn't say?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
People should learn what they should pick for an equal matched street race. Nice kill by the way.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

Z4 guys > ricers.

nice kill
Old 01-31-2007, 12:20 AM
Almost a Member!

'98 BMW 540iA ZSP, '94 BMW 530iA (sold)
The Z4 sounds nice at high revs... not something I can say for the E55. I like cars that purr, not sound like trucks. But, I guess that's just a matter of opinion.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
you're joking right? so you can't find anything else on the z4 that warrants a compliment vs the e55? man..what a troll.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by fm.watch
The Z4 sounds nice at high revs... not something I can say for the E55. I like cars that purr, not sound like trucks. But, I guess that's just a matter of opinion.

:liar:

Jakpro1 after owning the ***** car->
Old 01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Almost a Member!

'98 BMW 540iA ZSP, '94 BMW 530iA (sold)
Originally Posted by itsmeek
you're joking right? so you can't find anything else on the z4 that warrants a compliment vs the e55? man..what a troll.
No, I was just mentioning that because Jak called the Z4 "whiny".

IMHO:

looks, power: E55 AMG > Z4M
handling, sound: Z4M > E55 AMG

Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser

IMHO:

I actually like the sound of both and they're very different. I understand where you're coming from though.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra

IMHO:

i'm with you on this one, for the most part anyways...you can't just call the S54 "whiny" and not expect someone to object with an insult in return. the e55 sounds nice, but compared to the S54 motor, it doesn't sound nearly as raw and throaty. i love the e55, don't get me wrong, but i'd take the S54 motor any day over a S/Ced AMG motor for my auditory pleasure. and i'd give handling, sound, and looks to the Z4M (the coupe anyways).
Old 01-31-2007, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
When you zip in and out of traffic to make sure to line up to me and then taunt, you are just asking for an ole fashioned a$$ whooping. Pulls up next to me and really hints that he wants action.

I am learning to give people a slight headstart in order to get rid of the "well he got me on the launch" excuse. Waited to hear the engine rev and the Z4 juuuust start to pull, then I gave him the full package. Good launch, not much triangle....clean kill.

I slow down around 75-80 as the damage has obviously been done. Waiting for the flyby and what is on my drivers side, the friggin Z4 again goosing it back and forth hoping for some rolling action. He finallys nails it and I figure we should end this. Let him get the headstart to eliminate excuses again and then the E55 reeeeelllls him on in and then just SLAMS past him at out 120 as I hear the poor thing whining in those high revs.

Z4 guys > ricers.
I respect your giving him the jump. No excuses when you reel him in at 120, 'cept if he hits his flashers at 110.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by 996Yayo
i'm with you on this one, for the most part anyways...you can't just call the S54 "whiny" and not expect someone to object with an insult in return. the e55 sounds nice, but compared to the S54 motor, it doesn't sound nearly as raw and throaty. i love the e55, don't get me wrong, but i'd take the S54 motor any day over a S/Ced AMG motor for my auditory pleasure. and i'd give handling, sound, and looks to the Z4M (the coupe anyways).
The word "whiny" should be reserved for Infinitis and the 350Z.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:17 PM

C32
Originally Posted by Thericker
What'cha rollin with? your profile or sig, doesn't say?
04 C32 silver on black ~47K miles
Old 02-01-2007, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW

Z4 guys > ricers.

I think we are missing the point.. The Z4 has a nicer interior and I would rather be driving in that... Ow wait never mind... Nice kill.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:47 PM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
I'd rather drive an E55 than any Bimmer south of a new M6, how does anyone say the Z4M sounds better? The 55K motor has the best sound I've heard from any car under $100K, maybe it's just a bit muffled? AMG>M! Nice kill.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by 55User
I'd rather drive an E55 than any Bimmer south of a new M6, how does anyone say the Z4M sounds better? The 55K motor has the best sound I've heard from any car under $100K, maybe it's just a bit muffled? AMG>M! Nice kill.
so must you have an expensive car, or is it the power/straight line speed that attracts you? b/c there are a few BMW's south of the M6 that substantially outhandle the M6.

oh, btw, here's a list of cars under $100k that sound better than the E55:
1) any S54 powered BMW
2) any N/A Carrera
3) Toyota Supra (MKIV of course )
4) C6 Z06
5) any GTR Skyline
6) i could go on forever, but what's the point...

i'm not saying the E55 doesn't sound great, but i can sure as hell think of alot of cars under $100k that do sound better...
Old 02-01-2007, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
so must you have an expensive car, or is it the power/straight line speed that attracts you? b/c there are a few BMW's south of the M6 that substantially outhandle the M6.

oh, btw, here's a list of cars under $100k that sound better than the E55:
1) any S54 powered BMW
2) any N/A Carrera
3) Toyota Supra (MKIV of course )
4) C6 Z06
5) any GTR Skyline
6) i could go on forever, but what's the point...

i'm not saying the E55 doesn't sound great, but i can sure as hell think of alot of cars under $100k that do sound better...
How things sound is an opinion... Its like music some like country others like classical..

I could give a reason why each of the cars you listed sounds like crap, with the exception of the Z06.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
How things sound is an opinion... Its like music some like country others like classical..

I could give a reason why each of the cars you listed sounds like crap, with the exception of the Z06.
ahh, someone who gets my drift . i was just making the point that sound is subjective...sorry if i was too lazy to spell it out. if i was trying to start a flame war, i would have portrayed reasons as facts, like an ignorant person would. but the simple truth is that i prefer the sounds of several other cars under $100k to the sound of an E55, and i don't have to justify the statement with reasons b/c the fact that it is my opinion is reason enough. i think the only FACTS around here right now are the facts that, based on our opinions, i prefer the sound of the Z4M to the E55, and 55User prefers the sound of the E55 to the Z4M. i may wonder how the hell he thinks that, but it is his opinion, and i respect that. likewise, he's expressed his astonishment at the fact that i and others prefer the sound of the Z4M to the sound of the E55, but i doubt he's lost all respect for me b/c of my audio preferences.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
ahh, someone who gets my drift . i was just making the point that sound is subjective...sorry if i was too lazy to spell it out. if i was trying to start a flame war, i would have portrayed reasons as facts, like an ignorant person would. but the simple truth is that i prefer the sounds of several other cars under $100k to the sound of an E55, and i don't have to justify the statement with reasons b/c the fact that it is my opinion is reason enough. i think the only FACTS around here right now are the facts that, based on our opinions, i prefer the sound of the Z4M to the E55, and 55User prefers the sound of the E55 to the Z4M. i may wonder how the hell he thinks that, but it is his opinion, and i respect that. likewise, he's expressed his astonishment at the fact that i and others prefer the sound of the Z4M to the sound of the E55, but i doubt he's lost all respect for me b/c of my audio preferences.
ok...
Old 02-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55

Click on sig link to see my E55K out-tracking M6, M3, Viper.

Nice Kill, Jakpro1. Sometimes the pimp hand is the only hand to play.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Almost a Member!

94 BPU Supra
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Click on sig link to see my E55K out-tracking M6, M3, Viper.
out-tracking and outhandling are two different things. and your video only reinforces this fact. i didn't see you out-track OR out-handle any Viper...i saw you nipping at its heels only b/c it was being held up by a Miata at one point, and a Camaro at another point. and let's face it, the fact that he let you pass has everything to do with him not wanting to push his Viper as hard as you're pushing your E55, and nothing to do with the misconception that the Viper can't put distance between it and a stock E55 on such a straight. (this particular vid said you were bone stock at the time)

as for your other video, congrats on out-tracking the drivers, not the cars. i'm not saying the E55 handles horribly, or isn't competitive at the track...it obviously is. but your videos are hardly conclusive evidence enough to disprove someone else's assertion that the Z4M > E55 in the handling department. in fact, if i had to make a decision based on handling alone, i think i'd take the Z4M over an M3 or an M6.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW Z4 M Roadster given "Sports Package" kill