Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Few runs with an '03 RS6 vs. my '06 M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 565 Likes on 373 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Few runs with an '03 RS6 vs. my '06 M5

I have a friend in the area who just purchased a rather cherry Black on Light Grey Audi RS6. He brought it to my house not too long ago and I was really digging the car. Now of course there are 3,842,709 Audi A6's of that same exact body style in my zip code alone, but you still have to love an RS6. Anyway as I was headed onto the highway (rt.280 west) this morning he just happened to be mashing his way through traffic and passed me by on his way to the onramp.

Needless to say I was on his bumper like Jaws on a teenage girl's bikini bottom. As the ramp spilled out onto the highway there was a rather sizeable puddle, and as we both gunned it my DSC bogged me down while his AWD rocketed him forward, -1 for the Bimmer. I managed to get up next to him to say "Yo man, its me!!" and we paced each other waiting for a clear run forward. We both hit it with a nice 1/2 mile stretch of road in front of us and I pulled him by a few carlengths. I was REALLY impressed by the power of that Audi, especially at the fact that he could just mash it and go like stink. He got back next to me and yelled "Yo that thing sounds WILD" and we played in traffic for a few miles.

He was being way more aggressive than I would have preferred so I hung back and waited for another safe run. As we entered the next big junction to Rt. 287 the road really opened up, and we took it from 70-130, at which point I had put a few buslengths on him as the BMW's sweet spot is (unfortunately) somewhere between Mach 1 and Lightspeed. I do wish it had more useful power, but damn it is one hell of a rush to see 3 digit numbers fly by so fast on the HUD.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002M3
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I have a friend in the area who just purchased a rather cherry Black on Light Grey Audi RS6. He brought it to my house not too long ago and I was really digging the car. Now of course there are 3,842,709 Audi A6's of that same exact body style in my zip code alone, but you still have to love an RS6. Anyway as I was headed onto the highway (rt.280 west) this morning he just happened to be mashing his way through traffic and passed me by on his way to the onramp.

Needless to say I was on his bumper like Jaws on a teenage girl's bikini bottom. As the ramp spilled out onto the highway there was a rather sizeable puddle, and as we both gunned it my DSC bogged me down while his AWD rocketed him forward, -1 for the Bimmer. I managed to get up next to him to say "Yo man, its me!!" and we paced each other waiting for a clear run forward. We both hit it with a nice 1/2 mile stretch of road in front of us and I pulled him by a few carlengths. I was REALLY impressed by the power of that Audi, especially at the fact that he could just mash it and go like stink. He got back next to me and yelled "Yo that thing sounds WILD" and we played in traffic for a few miles.

He was being way more aggressive than I would have preferred so I hung back and waited for another safe run. As we entered the next big junction to Rt. 287 the road really opened up, and we took it from 70-130, at which point I had put a few buslengths on him as the BMW's sweet spot is (unfortunately) somewhere between Mach 1 and Lightspeed. I do wish it had more useful power, but damn it is one hell of a rush to see 3 digit numbers fly by so fast on the HUD.

Awesome
Old 03-21-2007, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Sounded like fun! Those RS6's still look damn good to my eye but are quite slow at high speeds. I remember reading an E39 M5 could pull on it in triple digits (and obviously a W211 E55)!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head

I raced an RS6 with my W210 E55 a few months ago. Let's just say I don't need to post the results.

nice kill.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:42 PM

Audi S4 Avant and BMW X5 4.4
good stuff........always fun to play a kittle with friends He needs to chip it to make it a little more even, I like RS6's, but they are a bit underpowered.....as they trap only about 109 stock, which is no match against an M5 off highway rolls.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Received 798 Likes on 497 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Anyone have info on the new RS6?? When will it be out?

Nice runs by the way.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55
Anyone have info on the new RS6?? When will it be out?

Nice runs by the way.
supposedly a V10 Twin-Turbo in the 550 bhp range. Not sure of release dates...
Old 03-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Received 798 Likes on 497 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
supposedly a V10 Twin-Turbo in the 550 bhp range. Not sure of release dates...
I wonder how that would fare against the E60 M5 or the W211 E55/E63. I would think it would be much closer for a race??
Old 03-23-2007, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Vic55
I wonder how that would fare against the E60 M5 or the W211 E55/E63. I would think it would be much closer for a race??
it "should" be...no doubt. The E55 and M5s would still be the ones to beat, I don't think the 63's are anywhere near as fast. Guess we'll wait and see......I hope they do push the power a bit, as they always tend to be conservative.