Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Killed M5, got killed by County Police!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Killed M5, got killed by County Police!

I was cruisin' up the parkway in the Z06 when I spotted 2 guys in a blue E60 M5. They both looked over and I could see them talking and pointing. The passenger gave a and the car downshifted and took off. There was heavy traffic so we didn't really get to play around too much or line up. Finally there was an opening and we both went at it. I was in front and the parkway started to curve so I took the turn at about a buck forty and by the time I hit the top of 4th gear he was way behind. I slowed down to let the M catch up and what do I see in my mirror?

I pull over and he yells "license and registration a$$hole! Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"
"Uh....I was doing like 55."
"I was going 75 and you blew the doors off my car."
"I'm really sorry officer, I don't think I was going that fast..."

He goes to his car with my license, comes back 10 seconds later and hands it back to me, "you're going to kill yourself and someone else. Slow your *** down!" and that was it! I said "uh, do I owe you something? A dinner certificate for you and the wife?"
"Have a good day and drive safe," and that was that.

I have no idea how I didn't spend the night in prison.

Now, before I get flamed for putting lengths on an M5, I want to state that it was not a clean race. Just more of a show-off thing, but we were both on it and it was aparent that there was a pretty big difference between our two cars in speed.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
When did you get the Z06 man? Be careful in that thing!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
When did you get the Z06 man? Be careful in that thing!
I got it last week. It's my first manual tranny car so I was actually learning stick on Thurs night (racing night) LOL. But I got it down enough that I can shift quick and at redline. Still working on rev-matching and all that fancy stuff lol.

And yo, this thing is scary...tires break loose at like 60 in 2nd...I went sideways merging onto i95, I was in 2nd at 40 and floored it. Once the RPMs climbed the car went sideways... I love it

BTW, you gonna trade the Barbie Scooter in for an '09? Chrome rims and nav are now standard.

Last edited by ItalianStallion; 03-12-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Awesome man I'm glad you finally grabbed something you're happy with.

But dude you'd better learn that thing well or you're gonna become a statistic, we don't wanna see that happen. Those things are brutal fast and if you make one mistake you're never gonna be the same again. Remember you're surrounded by a fragile eggshell at all times.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Awesome man I'm glad you finally grabbed something you're happy with.

But dude you'd better learn that thing well or you're gonna become a statistic, we don't wanna see that happen. Those things are brutal fast and if you make one mistake you're never gonna be the same again. Remember you're surrounded by a fragile eggshell at all times.
Thanks dude. Yeah, the car is brutal and raw. Even those with lots of experience and skill have slipped up and spun the car on a shift or with too much throttle going into a turn. I have a lot of respect for the car and I plan on driving much more maturely with this than with the CLK or the SL. Once this chill leaves the air, I'm sure I'll see you around.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
congrats on the new car, what ended up happening with the GTR? you can PM me if you dont want to say on the forum...

you should go to a few of the SCDA events to learn how to play with your toy appropriately
Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
congrats on the new car, what ended up happening with the GTR? you can PM me if you dont want to say on the forum...

you should go to a few of the SCDA events to learn how to play with your toy appropriately
Yeah, I definitely want to go to some sort of school so I can appreciate this thing to its fullest. To cut a long story short, the dealer wanted at least $25k over sticker even though I had an agreement for sticker. The dealer was very shady and I don't want to deal with them ever again. Maybe someday I'll go to another dealer and grab the V-spec, but until then, Nissan won't be seeing me anytime soon.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I thought you were taking them to court?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
I thought you were taking them to court?
Not worth it...those suckers beat me...but I'll get the last laugh. They lost a valuable life-time customer. Oh well, I'm more than happy with my C6 Z06.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Not worth it...those suckers beat me...but I'll get the last laugh. They lost a valuable life-time customer. Oh well, I'm more than happy with my C6 Z06.
You realize that when I get my GTR, we're totally racing.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
You realize that when I get my GTR, we're totally racing.
Oh HELL YEAH! We'll get some damn good videos up too. Can't wait bro
Old 03-12-2008, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh HELL YEAH! We'll get some damn good videos up too. Can't wait bro
Are you gonna stay stock for now or are mods on the way? I wouldn't recommend cutting into it until you're 100% comfortable but I've seen some insane numbers coming from cam'd Z06's.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Are you gonna stay stock for now or are mods on the way? I wouldn't recommend cutting into it until you're 100% comfortable but I've seen some insane numbers coming from cam'd Z06's.
Eh, you know me dude...I can't fight the temptation lol. But I am trying to play it smart and stay stock for as long as possible. I really have to get used to this type of car. Even though I've driven and raced plenty of 500hp cars, this one is like 500hp on steroids. Cams are pretty nasty on these cars but I don't know if I wanna open up the engine. Plus the cam noise isn't for everyone (girls and older people think it sounds like crap while I think it sounds like hell unleashed). I have options on this car, we'll see what happens. Once the weather warms up and the tires stick better and I get used to driving this thing to the limit...then there is a very good possibility I'll be moving up another step on the food chain. We'll see...

(offtopic: speaking of beasts, you still got the Supra? Once weather warms up I gotta see that monstrosity )
Old 03-12-2008, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 234 Likes on 182 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
How did you get off with a warning without a badge or diplomatic connections!? I've heard of and even know some extreme gearhead police officers...but even at that, hitting a sweeper at a buck-40 in a screaming 7 Liter after blowing the doors off one should equate to learning how to make a shank for a period of 12 hours.

Fk dude, glad you got outta' it, but you have to be careful. This lottery-win isn't likely to reoccur, and that is a fiberglass tub you're out flying around it. Enjoy it in health and stay safe man.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by HLG600
How did you get off with a warning without a badge or diplomatic connections!? I've heard of and even know some extreme gearhead police officers...but even at that, hitting a sweeper at a buck-40 in a screaming 7 Liter after blowing the doors off one should equate to learning how to make a shank for a period of 12 hours.

Fk dude, glad you got outta' it, but you have to be careful. This lottery-win isn't likely to reoccur, and that is a fiberglass tub you're out flying around it. Enjoy it in health and stay safe man.
DUDE, I don't know. In all seriousness, when I pulled over to the side I prayed to God to get me outta this one. Must've been divine intervention.

And yeah, my first mod is going to be a Valentine V1...
Old 03-12-2008, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW

And yeah, my first mod is going to be a Valentine V1...
Good choice.

What color you get? Post pics already! 500bhp and 3200pounds iirc. Crazy machine.

It has tc though doesn't it?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by transferred
Good choice.

What color you get? Post pics already! 500bhp and 3200pounds iirc. Crazy machine.

It has tc though doesn't it?
Yeah, it's got everything my CLK had and then some.

I'll post pics as soon as I get the chance. It's black, black/red interior, chrome wheels, nav.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
good to hear you still have your license and the car. sometimes we just get lucky. not to steal tread, but i got pulled over after a cop switched lanes on Ventura and i almost rear ended him at about 95. pulls me over does the shpeal (sp) and than asks his partner what they should do with me. he says slow down this isn't a racetrack and that it.

Love the Z06 good buddy has one that thing will go side ways at any speed.

keep it safe bro.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55

Go buy a Lotto ticket. Now.

Enjoy that monster machine, and be careful.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Hey Bobby!!!, Dude I got to check out your ride. That is one mean Machine!!! Definitely be safe out there. 5-O is everywhere these days. That thing must be scary to drive. Any plans on modding it?...
Old 03-12-2008, 03:04 PM

c32amg,c240
Yo man i hear ya once that speed kicks in that vette, you feel like a crack addict on wheels.But thank god you didnt go to jail, the lord was really lookin out 4 you on that day.In my area in northern va, they do not play with us,especially if you have an amg badge.As for me being a black dude in a modified c32, you bet they want a reason to get my speed demon a$$.Anyway take care and look alittle more closely at that particular car, because it can your last time as a free man.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Hey Bobby!!!, Dude I got to check out your ride. That is one mean Machine!!! Definitely be safe out there. 5-O is everywhere these days. That thing must be scary to drive. Any plans on modding it?...
Thanks Jody, what you been up to these days? Yo we'll definitely meet up sometime. If you go ahead with a VRP CL65 then I'm gonna run for the hills! Haha. I'll probably mod it in a few short months. I like the exterior the way it is and I just can't find one thing to do to it. With the engine, there are a whooooole bunch of options for me to choose from. I'll probably just go with the cheapest LOL.

Yo man i hear ya once that speed kicks in that vette, you feel like a crack addict on wheels.But thank god you didnt go to jail, the lord was really lookin out 4 you on that day.In my area in northern va, they do not play with us,especially if you have an amg badge.As for me being a black dude in a modified c32, you bet they want a reason to get my speed demon a$$.Anyway take care and look alittle more closely at that particular car, because it can your last time as a free man.
Damn bro...hope you have better luck with the pigs. Thanks dude.

good to hear you still have your license and the car. sometimes we just get lucky. not to steal tread, but i got pulled over after a cop switched lanes on Ventura and i almost rear ended him at about 95. pulls me over does the shpeal (sp) and than asks his partner what they should do with me. he says slow down this isn't a racetrack and that it.

Love the Z06 good buddy has one that thing will go side ways at any speed.

keep it safe bro.
Thats pretty bad...lucky son of a biatch! Thanks a lot man! Yup, driving that thing is a struggle between tire and pavement.

Go buy a Lotto ticket. Now.

Enjoy that monster machine, and be careful.

Yo, I'm telling you this is my lucky week. This girl that I've been on and off with for like a year all of a sudden is going crazy for me (valentine's day might have done the trick lol). Business is good. Just got the new car. And now getting out of possibly the worst traffic violations possible...this is my lucky week...which means next week I'll be just like Dirty Harry once said, "sh|t outta luck."
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
1-Congrats man,enjoy.

2-Now slow yer *** down bro!!! It's the little old senior citizen that goes to switch lanes&doesn't see you rollin up behind her@ 140mph that makes me nervous.

3-Take it easy killa.Ok,condescending lecture-like speech over..

4-When da FaCK am I gonna get a ride in that machine??One ride may force me to throw the towel in on the E63!

5-See #4,as thats the most important part of my post whoring
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 PM

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2002 CLK55
ur mad lucky bro, i got a ticket going 75 in a 55 zone. WTF!!

i think u had the most kill stories w/ ur CLK500 - i can only imagine what u plan to do in the Z06
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
nice ride, Bobby. enjoy & keep it safe. how would that monster do vs heavily modded 55 from a dig to buck twenty?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Killed M5, got killed by County Police!