Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

R1 chasing me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 172 Likes on 156 Posts
99 E320
I'm not posting here expecting people to agree with me. We all have
different thresholds which defines what is safe for us...for each other.
Some do it for the pure thrill of it. Many may not seriously consider
(or care) the consequences...or think it will only happen to someone
else.

If you've ever had to help drag someone out of a car (I have) and
console family due to street racing, drunk driving, texting on their
cell, etc. naturally, the reality of the pain caused by such actions
really hits home.

If my admittedly harsh posts serve to cause some to question their
need for speed and think "hmmmm", great. It's simply a way of
communicating and to help test the viability of our actions.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32amg,c240
Originally Posted by raymond g-
else.

really hits home.

As i told you before ive heard what you said,and you dont have keep putting different examples.I might have not been in your shoes and seen the damage,but i have seen some disturbing stuff.And what you have said does get you thinkin about the damages it inflicts on people.I do appreciate your concern on the matter,that slowin down make more sense than killing a family.But man you already got your point across,and takin it to the track,there is nothin else we should argue about because i personally agree with what your saying got it.Other than that i rather talk about something instead goin back and forth because its gettin nowhere.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 566 Likes on 374 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by ytryc32amg
As i told you before ive heard what you said,and you dont have keep putting different examples.I might have not been in your shoes and seen the damage,but i have seen some disturbing stuff.And what you have said does get you thinkin about the damages it inflicts on people.I do appreciate your concern on the matter,that slowin down make more sense than killing a family.But man you already got your point across,and takin it to the track,there is nothin else we should argue about because i personally agree with what your saying got it.Other than that i rather talk about something instead goin back and forth because its gettin nowhere.
SPACE AFTER PERIODS

kthxbye
Old 04-02-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 188 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
else.

really hits home.

I appreciate your posts, as they are simply giving us a perspective rarely acknowledged on kill stories. Unfortunately, many of us foolishly choose the route of living in the moment, not fully aware of each of our potential for disaster. I, as many of us here, would be lying if we claimed to never have indulged in dose of adrenaline from a high speed run. Even in situations we don't expect; someone dangerously cuts you off, several inches from causing an accident, and you gun it to pass them aggressively. I almost always reserve my speeding for empty highways in the middle of the night, but that is no excuse...it is merely a diluted attempt at rationalizing such actions. And don't even get me started on drunk driving. Wine at a large dinner with moderate driving is understandable, but slamming tequila and nonchalantly climbing into the driver's seat is moronic beyond bounds.

Many of us are fortunate to be behind the wheel of such powerful and marvelously engineered automobiles. And I do believe in enjoying the performance of our vehicles. However, there is a difference between "intelligent" speeding, and reckless driving. Minimizing the risks is certainly better than playing Schumacher in traffic, but it is certainly not a foolproof route. Sadly, it is through the gradual process of maturity and experience that we learn a better sense of judgment.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM

c32amg,c240
Originally Posted by HLG600
I appreciate your posts, as they are simply giving us a perspective rarely acknowledged on kill stories. Unfortunately, many of us foolishly choose the route of living in the moment, not fully aware of each of our potential for disaster. I, as many of us here, would be lying if we claimed to never have indulged in dose of adrenaline from a high speed run. Even in situations we don't expect; someone dangerously cuts you off, several inches from causing an accident, and you gun it to pass them aggressively. I almost always reserve my speeding for empty highways in the middle of the night, but that is no excuse...it is merely a diluted attempt at rationalizing such actions. And don't even get me started on drunk driving. Wine at a large dinner with moderate driving is understandable, but slamming tequila and nonchalantly climbing into the driver's seat is moronic beyond bounds.

Many of us are fortunate to be behind the wheel of such powerful and marvelously engineered automobiles. And I do believe in enjoying the performance of our vehicles. However, there is a difference between "intelligent" speeding, and reckless driving. Minimizing the risks is certainly better than playing Schumacher in traffic, but it is certainly not a foolproof route. Sadly, it is through the gradual process of maturity and experience that we learn a better sense of judgment.

Amen, your right about what you have said. I guess some of of us dont know how good we have until we die. Man forget this I'm going to church this weekend to repent for my street racing sins. I can't take it anymore I need my blessings back.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 188 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Amen, your right about what you have said. I guess some of of us dont know how good we have until we die. Man forget this I'm going to church this weekend to repent for my street racing sins. I can't take it anymore I need my blessings back.
There's a saying, to never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I've learned to pray before and even during every race and before an hour long trip that needs to be made in 20 minutes.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:15 PM

c32amg,c240
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I've learned to pray before and even during every race and before an hour long trip that needs to be made in 20 minutes.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I do pray before i drive, because chances are god already knew that I was planning to somethin crazy before I even got strapped in.As for you makin one hour trips in 20 minutes, I think both need to go to church and pray if your gonna be successful on that attempt.Pray first act later take care bro.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Buy a Bugatti Veyron and the bike will try to chase you...some modded cars can pull it off to but not lightly modded.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Normally i wouldn't post about this. But this is getting stupid. The thread is about a c32 vs r1. This isn't about whether street racing is right or wrong.

The purpose of this sub forum is to entertain. If you feel street racing is wrong, don't read this part of the forums.

I've seen other forums have the same debate on other sites, eventually no one posts there stories and the forum becomes dead.

Maybe thats what others want, but until the moderators close this part of the forum then live with it. It even saids on the sticky no one condones street racing.

Street racing is wrong...PERIOD

Whether some people thing its right or wrong has no relation to what the original poster posted.

Stay on topic...say its a good kill or your full of crap and leave it at that.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
It's apparent that you have a narrow view of the risks your street racing poses.
You seek to justify your actions by parsing examples and holding them as shining
examples of your safety mindedness. I would submit that most racers feel as
though they are safe...and that as far as they can determine at that moment
in time, the conditions are safe.

You've already posted a number of times since you've signed on to this forum
giving examples of just how safe [sic] you are. Fact is, it isn't possible for you to
synthesize the myriad of possible conditions which could pose dangers and
result in fatalities. You simply grasp at the opportunity to race at triple digit
speeds, get a boner and hit the throttle. You gamble and play the odds.
Despite your poor judgement, you live....but you wave this banner as if
this validates your success as sound judgement.

When one if flying along at 200+ feet per sec, given reaction time lag and
danger recognition to the unexpected.....how safe can you really be, say
if you encounter someone who is disabled along the shoulder, or patch of
wet, or your competition who overcorrects, or the biker who has a high
speed wobble, etc etc?

Frankly put, to quote Judge Judy.... your an idiot. Risking other people's
lives racing on public streets epitomizes poor judgment.

....and your pithy defense that I should be spending my time taking on and
scolding all the other folks posting kills is ludicrous. You're saying that unless
I mount a wholesale, class action attack on all street racers, my arguments
are invalid ?? Bullcrap. I single you out because I read your post and saw fit
to respond. My objection begins one kill at a time and that, in itself, is
justified.

Take it to the track.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
What year Cobra? If it was an 03 or 04 and you are stock or even if you had a pulley the Cobra would win if both drivers are equal. The guy either was toying or was a bad driver. The 03/04 Cobra's stock are no joke. They rate them at 390 HP and they dam near put that to the wheels on a dyno. So even a C32 with a pulley I do not think would win against an 03 or 04 Cobra.

But if it was a prev generation to the 03 then I can see the outcome you had. Nice run the C32 is a real sleeper. I had a guy in a Mustang GT with exhaust tell me he would not waste his gas on a V6 when we were at the light. Needless to say I came out on top. He did the same and gave me the finger.

If this is not crazy I dont know what is. But what my friend and I were coming from his house bored nothin to do. So he told me amg cars are slow, I didnt pay him no mind. Then I saw this cobra cut over 3 lanes and took the hov lane.I was tempted the funny part is that he took off and I matched him in the fast lane on the regular highway.I dont know why my friend and I were laughing so hard as we could tell he was trying. And then I saw a bike in the middle lane and he was lookin at us when we were coming and soon as i passed him he was on it.By that time i was about 120 and that bike closed that distance and was drafting the sh_t out of me. But we kept goin until 140 then a car came in front of me and we both let off. He came next to us and it was an r1 the guy gave a thumbs up.Then he popped a wheelie (i guess as a trick and he was gone).Just when i thought things couldnt get any funnier, the cobra that was in the hov was flicking us off.My friend and I could tell he was pissed bc right after he did that the state trooper pulled him over as soon as he did that.My friend just shook his head and said whats new.Now before I get flamed i never said i beat the r1 he was drafting me, because i was focused on the cobra which we were passing at the time.Im sure if i had a supra i would have killed the r1,but it was a little fun with no one on the highway.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:18 PM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
[QUOTE=TemjinX2;2744246]Normally i wouldn't post about this. But this is getting stupid. The thread is about a c32 vs r1. This isn't about whether street racing is right or wrong.

The purpose of this sub forum is to entertain. If you feel street racing is wrong, don't read this part of the forums.

I've seen other forums have the same debate on other sites, eventually no one posts there stories and the forum becomes dead.

Maybe thats what others want, but until the moderators close this part of the forum then live with it. It even saids on the sticky no one condones street racing.

Street racing is wrong...PERIOD

Whether some people thing its right or wrong has no relation to what the original poster posted.

Stay on topic...say its a good kill or your full of crap and leave it at that.

Well said.