Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

well almost bagged an 8 time NHRA champion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
well almost bagged an 8 time NHRA champion

Today in the Summit Series final, they love picking on me and my benz. They seriously love lining me up with the very best in the game. I am a great "guaranteed" going to the next round matchup.. LOL.

So bracket racing is random , but somehow today I get paired with a man who has won 8 out of the last 11 NHRA Summit Series finals in the Sportsman class..

So close , I got a thumbs up and later found out who it was.. Boy did I feel better.

I lost by .04 and the driver had a near perfect reaction time .001 vs my .091

Oh well I will be back for more abuse in the morning.

BTW I am the only Mercedes in the Summit Series Pacific Division races.
I feel alone, and am subject to many tricks and old school dragster tactics. Dam I love it..

Man that would have been neat for my first points win to be over a master of the sport.I guess this is actually a reverse kill story because I keep getting killed in this Summit Series. Talk about amazing drivers Oy Vey

Last edited by juicee63; 04-13-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Sleepin at the damn tree again

Thats it,I'm FedEx'n you my Official NHRA Chronodek Christmas Tree to practice your terrible reaction times.You'd better come CORRECT to the East Coast if you want to de-throne The King this fall

Nice going bro,good luck today as well in your Lexus
Old 04-13-2008, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Sleepin at the damn tree again

Thats it,I'm FedEx'n you my Official NHRA Chronodek Christmas Tree to practice your terrible reaction times.You'd better come CORRECT to the East Coast if you want to de-throne The King this fall

Nice going bro,good luck today as well in your Lexus
Dammmmmit!!!!!!!!!

I made it through 3 rounds again only to lose by .02 for LETTING OFFFFFFF.

I thought I was going to break out so I let off,

Got some points today but man it is sure frustrating. Hats off to NHRA Summit Series racers, guess Im nuts trying to actually win one of these.

on a 12.75 dial ran a 12.85 and lost to a guy running 13.24 on a 13.15.

I was .1 off he was .09 plus he had me on the treeeeeeeee, but I LET OFF like a nim rod.. Rob please teach me how to win one of these things.

Bracket racing is sik fun
Old 04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Here is a secret. Go on the last yellow. If you wait to see green you've waited too long.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Here is a secret. Go on the last yellow. If you wait to see green you've waited too long.
josh is one of the best i've seen at predicting the lag time between the ecu and his foot and getting good r/t's in these cars. i don't think there's much more we can do in our e's without getting rid of the throttle by wire system.

my lag time is so bad that depending on what kind of mood the ecu is in, i sometimes have to leave on the second yellow. if i wait for the last yellow, i'm .3-.4 seconds late!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
josh is one of the best i've seen at predicting the lag time between the ecu and his foot and getting good r/t's in these cars. i don't think there's much more we can do in our e's without getting rid of the throttle by wire system.

my lag time is so bad that depending on what kind of mood the ecu is in, i sometimes have to leave on the second yellow. if i wait for the last yellow, i'm .3-.4 seconds late!
I also get better results leaving on the second yellow. The ideal for me seems to be a fraction of a second after it lights up.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I think the first time I went to the strip I got a .002 r/t and I left on the last yellow.

Josh...dude you're the man 'Nuff said.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I'm just speaking form experience in my CLK55. I guess its different for you E guys. Do you start off in first and still get that lag? That's awful.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I'm just speaking form experience in my CLK55. I guess its different for you E guys. Do you start off in first and still get that lag? That's awful.
Yeah, I got my best R/T's on the last yellow in my CLK as well...the E's have that fly-by-wire setup, don't they? That could be the culprit...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i alway start off in first but it's not the gear that makes the difference. it's silly how long it seems like i have to wait between the time i mash the gas pedal to the floor and the car actually moves once the ecu decides it's okay to do what i'm asking.