Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK500 vs CLK320 vs Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK500
CLK500 vs CLK320 vs Honda Accord

Neither story is much to brag about, but I thought I'd share anyway.

On my way home from work, I noticed a CLK up ahead on the highway, so I sped up to catch a glimpse. As I was trying to ease up next to him, he must have thought I was trying to race, so he started to pull away, leaving me behind a truck. I don't like to be dogged out like that, even if its by another Benz. I made my way through traffic and caught up to him once again.

Once I got his attention agian, I left him in my rearview. He was trying to catch up as we came into an S-turn, where he backed off.

Going into the second turn when I hear a weird buzzing noise. I thought I broke a belt or something. I turn the stereo down to try to figure out what it was, when I realized it was an Accord right on my ***. This whole time, I had been keeping an eye on the 320 in my righthand mirror and never realized that the rice-burner wanted to play too. I started to laugh so hard when I dropped the hammer and left him sitting.

Once I proved my point, I backed off as I was coming into an area that was notorious for cops. Well, about 30 seconds later, here comes the happy little Accord buzzing by Irony would have been awsome for this story, but there weren't any cops today.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Hmmmm. Raced (sort of) another CLK in traffic and didn't see an Accord on your bumper? Gotta check your rear view mirror once and awhile. The Accord could have been a cop.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:02 PM

2007 ML63 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
Hmmmm. Raced (sort of) another CLK in traffic and didn't see an Accord on your bumper? Gotta check your rear view mirror once and awhile. The Accord could have been a cop.
Don't know about where you live, but cops where I live all drive domestics. Our local detachment just got an unmarked Dodge Charger. I would never ever own one but it looks mean.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by krown
Don't know about where you live, but cops where I live all drive domestics. Our local detachment just got an unmarked Dodge Charger. I would never ever own one but it looks mean.
I've seen Subaru STi's, Turbo Eclipses, Scions, Acrua TL's, and Maximas, an E39 M5. You really take a chance everytime you race. You never know if the ricer you just pulled on into the triple digits is really an undercover.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I've seen Subaru STi's, Turbo Eclipses, Scions, Acrua TL's, and Maximas, an E39 M5. You really take a chance everytime you race. You never know if the ricer you just pulled on into the triple digits is really an undercover.
That's why you shouldn't instigate a race, and instead wait for the other guy to do it. Cops cannot provoke a race; that is considered entrapment.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:15 PM

02 330i & 99 ML430
likewise. the cops in Brooklyn have some hooked up civic.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:20 PM

2003 CLK500
Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
You're right about checking my rearview more often, but I know the area very well. There are only three places where the cops sit through here, two emergency turn arounds, and under a bridge. They are usually a combination of marked State Troopers, County Sheriff, Local Police, or DOT (Department Of Transportation), never any undercovers. The way I drive, I come down from an overpass, so I see their hiding spots way before I even think about hitting the gas.

Coming Soon:
CLK500 vs Dodge Charger
CLK500 vs Infinity G35
Old 05-28-2008, 07:22 PM

2003 CLK500
I'll make sure not to drive in NY. Guess I'll have to take a cab.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Discgolfer74
Coming Soon:
CLK500 vs Dodge Charger
CLK500 vs Infinity G35
If you want to see what cars you will win/lose against, just search my username and you will find 100's (literally) of kill stories with my CLK500.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Discgolfer74
I'll make sure not to drive in NY. Guess I'll have to take a cab.
Ditto. The cops here have standard crown vics mostly with a mix of dodge chargers/magnums and a few mustangs/impalas as well as the drug sniffing dog SUVs.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by krown
What I meant to convey was not that the Accord could have been an undercover car, but just a regular cruiser. The make of the car didn't matter, it's the fact if the driver isn't checking his rear view mirror and anyone could sneak up from behind, including a cop.