Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Modded C32 vs. Honda 929rr Crotchrocket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Modded C32 vs. Honda 929rr Crotchrocket

If there were a "Killed Stories" forum, I would put this there. Since there is not . . .

Had a fun run a couple of days ago (in Mexico, of course) from a dig in my modded C32 (just about everything except headers) with a Honda 929rr sports bike (dude had matching red leathers). The guy was a fantastic rider (riding a wheelie from the dig all the way up to the 70 MPH end of our run), so it was really a fun "race" even though I got thoroughly S-M-O-K-E-D. Let's just say that he had BUSLENGTHS on me by 70 MPH, and was pulling hard.

It really was impressive how this dude was able to accelerate like a scorched cheetah while performing bike tricks. Demoralizing, but impressive.

Anyhew, I've never had so much fun getting KILLED.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Nice write up. Sounds like you know the outcome before hand but props for giving it a go. Just think what the newer liter bikes can do if an old 929 is that quick.

Have you tried the S/C pulley with the crank pulley I assume you have?

Originally Posted by Vomit
If there were a "Killed Stories" forum, I would put this there. Since there is not . . .

Had a fun run a couple of days ago (in Mexico, of course) from a dig in my modded C32 (just about everything except headers) with a Honda 929rr sports bike (dude had matching red leathers). The guy was a fantastic rider (riding a wheelie from the dig all the way up to the 70 MPH end of our run), so it was really a fun "race" even though I got thoroughly S-M-O-K-E-D. Let's just say that he had BUSLENGTHS on me by 70 MPH, and was pulling hard.

It really was impressive how this dude was able to accelerate like a scorched cheetah while performing bike tricks. Demoralizing, but impressive.

Anyhew, I've never had so much fun getting KILLED.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Nice write up. Sounds like you know the outcome before hand but props for giving it a go. Just think what the newer liter bikes can do if an old 929 is that quick.

Have you tried the S/C pulley with the crank pulley I assume you have?
Thanks. Yes, I pretty much knew it was going to be ugly when we lined up. My only hope was that he was a bad rider, but that obviously was not the case. Even then, I think that it would have been a couple of seconds of elation, followed by a red bike screaming by my driver window. I can only imagine what a ZX-14 would do. . .

RE: the S/C pulley, I just have the Evosport setup from three years ago. At the risk of getting "go search" flames, what are my options for additional boost at this point?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:50 AM

2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Here you go

This one a lot of reading:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ght=pulley+c+s

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/255409-code3-sc-pulley-plus-178mm-any-updates.html

I think with the crank pulley and the S/C pulley combined you will be at or around max boost of 22PSI. You will also need a tune for this.

Originally Posted by Vomit
Thanks. Yes, I pretty much knew it was going to be ugly when we lined up. My only hope was that he was a bad rider, but that obviously was not the case. Even then, I think that it would have been a couple of seconds of elation, followed by a red bike screaming by my driver window. I can only imagine what a ZX-14 would do. . .

RE: the S/C pulley, I just have the Evosport setup from three years ago. At the risk of getting "go search" flames, what are my options for additional boost at this point?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:33 AM

2005 C55
Before I read the whole post I said no way could that happen, I also have a 929. good race