Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

05' SL600 vs 07' 335i pt. 2

Old 08-20-2008, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Thericker
Well Mario & I raced in mexico again, 1st race from about 20mph thru about 100mph SL600 pulled him by about 3/4 of a length then we shut down (surface streets)

Highway 2 lane from about 50-125mph as close to dead even as you can get!! we repeated 3-4 times it was excellent fun! I think Mario will agree @ triple digit speed I SLOWLY started to walk him..

My SL600 was notably quicker after repairs, I lost traction on all our runs for a micro moment, Mario's 335i had same listed J3 software plus mods and Torco (race gas) my SL was BONE stock except for cat-back straight pipes, I didn't use ANY RACE GAS AT ALL...

I'm sure if Mario didn't use race gas he might lose by a length or so, as we both agreed it's worth 15-20 rwhp on a Turbo car...Mario's 335i is NO JOKE!!

Now for the insane ending to a great day!! Driving home I look up in the rearview mirror what do I see about 10-12 cars back? A brand new CL class w/xenons on (silver) racing an older BMW 3 series I jump into the slow lane and lie in wait the traffic opens I see the CL flying up @ full throttle I jump back into the fast lane (traffic)

He gets along side (were dead even) I see the 6.3 AMG badging tinted windows, guy in white colar shirt, bluetooth & ****e eating grin (traffic was crowded but I'm not letting this go)

Slow lane opens I get in front of the CL63 (it was the only way we could race, he's all over my bumper I hit it! and easily walk him by 5+ lengths he tried once more but couldn't keep up to save his life (we ran from about 70-120ish) lol at least I did

After that the CL63 hung way back & the 3 series bmw wanted to play, I just thrashed him until it was pointless, though as soon as I hit brakes and started calling Mario & Nick lassiter, screaming my lungs out on what just happened the 3 series pulls the ricer fly-bye

O.K. doubters doubt on, I'm asking Nick to meet up next week to run my SL vs his stk M5, also any SL55/SL600/E55's doubt or want to run in the LA area I'm more than happy to oblidge, Mario is even offering a $200 bet to run his 335i winner takes $200

Damn what a fun day in Mexico lol....
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164941

finally read an update from the other side.. but difficult to find on the bimmer forum.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benz and bimmer
335i when modded are def fast, agnist my tuned, intake 335i, my c63 wasnt even able to edge it up to 100mph, but im sure a little more the c63 would have edged it out.

stock they arent that quick imo.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by jmf003
FWIW, those look like the Car and Driver test results (12.8/113).

I'm no expect on the DragTimes posting process but in other cases when no driver and track is listed I've been able to trace the results back to a magazine report.

You are absolutely right! I have noticed the same exact thing over and over again. I think whoever is posting them thinks if you take it out a couple of decimal points it makes it more legitimate. The thing is that magazines weather correct the numbers and the trap speed is higher as well because the vbox measures the actual speed at the 1/4 mile...but a drag strip arrives at your trap speed by averaging your speed over the last 60ft. So people are doing a disservice by posting the magazine times on the drag times...they are apples to oranges...

Tom
Old 08-22-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
Actually C&D is spot-on for trap speeds with automatics under very good condtions and represents what the vast majority can expect from their car.

They are only slightly slower with manuals because they do not powershift.

What they don't do is cool-downs, weight reduction and play with tire pressure.

They are an excellent benchmark with few exceptions.