Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

killin c300s left and right, what the hell is wrong with ppl. (long winded)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:48 AM
t83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY'05 E55 Amg
killin c300s left and right, what the hell is wrong with ppl. (long winded)

Im from nj, if anyone from nj knows, people often buy good cars but dont know **** about them.

im from central nj and there are good number of mbz rolling along. When i was 17 every surban brat had a 3 series that they thought could smoke any car ( loved killing them in a GTI)

being 21 now i realize kids in the local highschool punks have fads (3 series, g35, acura tl) Well it seems like they've moved to the c class now (most likely cuz the c300 looks the sportiest with the least power out of its competitors)

My daily driver is an 05 white e55, i love it and didnt have my rich daddy go out and buy it for me (i had my uncle bring me to a manheim auction)

now the E is a unassuming car the e55 doenst look too radical(i like it that way), the c300 definitely looks sportier. Problem is now all of these little ****s think there behind the wheel of a amg when they have no idea what a amg powerplant really is

this didnt hit me until i went to my old highschool to volunteer as a mentor and went as school was let out. As i got on to the highway i noticed one kid from my highschool had a red c300 and was tailing pretty dam close. it didnt even occur to me he thought he wanted to race. Soon i noticed he started passing hearing that v6 go all out with out much pull. at that point i decided to show him what a amg mercedes really is and blow past him

i slowdown (2pm on a weekday) he goes again, i school him again then give up on the sonof a *****.

the next day another person in a black c350 challenges me on the njtp no contest once again (common how do you buy a benz and not know what kind of car you have)

2 days later another red c300 4 matic

and today a black c350 with all highschools who then pull up to me and just start cursing me out after i owned them (2 girls in the car)

You know the new c class is definetly different but im not sure i like (i was never a fan of the c) but as a benz driver if you saw some one in a c try to race it was most likely a amg. I feel like the car has been *******ized in some way (aka all the guys who think there stock g35 can beat any car on the road)the c has gone from being a entry level mercedes, to being yet another luxury car for people who know nothing about cars. (to phrase top gear, there all driven by *****)

is this just a bad week or you guys seeing this too?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 C43 ///AMG
I have a C43 AMG and am always getting hondas and acuras and stock 3series trying to race me. sometimes i will and usually smoke them but there are a bunch of cocky kids out there that think an exhaust make them fast and bad ***.

quite annoying
Old 12-19-2008, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
i drive slow and mommy and daddy have never bought me a car so i guess i am the exception, but i know what you mean. stock c classes are pretty slow but i didnt buy it thinking it was a race car and i'm quite satisfied with my manhood so i dont feel the need to race people on the freeway.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:46 PM

Wait until one of those brats gets a C63.

It's bound to happen and you may not be so happy.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:06 PM

2011 E350 4matic
who buys their kid a MB? even if its a C class that is just sending the wrong message. i think the arrogance of entitlement without having to work for your accomplishments is the single worst quality in kids and it makes me want to beat the crap out them. parents think they are giving their kids the best and it will help them but down the line when they are 32 and living in their basement bc they have no job since mommy and daddy still pay all their bills i think they will rethink that logic.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by ApproachingZero
Wait until one of those brats gets a C63.

It's bound to happen and you may not be so happy.
I work in a wealthy area. So these HS kids drive late model BMW,Benz. I see the same C55 and the new M3 where they drive like idiots around local streets
Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
t83

MY'05 E55 Amg
the best feeling about owning my e55 is i slogged my way through college got a good job and earned it.

at least if a brat gets a c63 itll be a challenge.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by sleewell
who buys their kid a MB? even if its a C class that is just sending the wrong message. i think the arrogance of entitlement without having to work for your accomplishments is the single worst quality in kids and it makes me want to beat the crap out them. parents think they are giving their kids the best and it will help them but down the line when they are 32 and living in their basement bc they have no job since mommy and daddy still pay all their bills i think they will rethink that logic.
Dude, you need to put this up in a sticky by itself. One of the best posts seen, and this very ting ties into why there are so many 25 year old brats out there now.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
I'm really sorry dude....that must be really difficult for you.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 AM

2011 E350 4matic
thanks man, just a feeling thats been building up for a while. makes me sick to my stomach that these bratty little kids think that they are automatically owed nice things just bc their parents are rich. but really its the parents that are creating the problem, the mentality was probably passed down to them and they dont know any better. as soon as i was old enough to not kill myself i was out mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, washing cars, etc just to earn a few bucks and my kids will be the same way. my dad's favorite line was there is no such thing as a free lunch and now i see how smart that was of him.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
thanks man, just a feeling thats been building up for a while. makes me sick to my stomach that these bratty little kids think that they are automatically owed nice things just bc their parents are rich. but really its the parents that are creating the problem, the mentality was probably passed down to them and they dont know any better. as soon as i was old enough to not kill myself i was out mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, washing cars, etc just to earn a few bucks and my kids will be the same way. my dad's favorite line was there is no such thing as a free lunch and now i see how smart that was of him.
+1 I know what its like to earn everything my way.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:13 PM
ON PROBATION

My Parents-06s500-just sold,06CLS55-K4,2006 R350
I dont think you understood FLYNAVY's sarcasm.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Sleewell, another good post. +2
Old 12-22-2008, 02:30 PM

c32amg,c240

I think you have to understand that not everyone has the same perspective of things like you do. To work hard and take pride in what you have accomplished. The way I see it is those brats that so called inherited daddy's little bank account or business, will sooner or later find out the hard way. People like that are in their own world and will later on discover life isn't what it seems to be. Trust me not all young people are misguided and full of fortune. We to sometimes have to go through hard times as an experience to respect life. Due to the fact not everything will be handed on a silver platter. But believe me their are still quite a few wise youngsters around.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by t83
the best feeling about owning my e55 is i slogged my way through college got a good job and earned it.

at least if a brat gets a c63 itll be a challenge.
At 21 you wouldn't be out of college, let along at a job long enough to pay for an E55.

Mathematics- 1
You- 0
Old 12-22-2008, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Maybe he's really smart and finished early?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RBrenton
Maybe he's really smart and finished early?
He's from Edison.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
He's from Edison.
So is my wife.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RBrenton
So is my wife.
And she married you. Bingo.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Almost a Member!

08 MB S600 08 Lexus RX 400h 07 MB SL550 06 MB CLK-350(Lease Ending 04/09) 05 MB S500(LEASE ENDED)
Old 12-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Almost a Member!

08 MB S600 08 Lexus RX 400h 07 MB SL550 06 MB CLK-350(Lease Ending 04/09) 05 MB S500(LEASE ENDED)
To be honest, its really not the kid's fault, its mainly the parent's fault. I mean can you really blame the teenagers for wanting to go out and race other people in their nice mercedes and show off. Its just a part of being at that age. They dont know any better. Some people say they would never act that way but i really dont believe it. I think in most cases people would react relatively the same way. I mean who wouldnt want a nice new mercedes from mommy and daddy. When you are at that age you just wanna showboat everywhere you go and make an impression on everyone so you can get some ***.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 AM

2002 C32, 2007 E550 4matic
Drivers of all different types of cars are going to try to "run" with you. Many people who are happy about their car's perceived hp may drive a little more spirited at times. Also, you may get the people that know they have no chance, but just want to see the E55 in action.

In regards to parents buying kids cars, what about the person that got help on their house down payment from mom and dad? What about the person that got help with college supplies from mom and dad? What about when parents pay unknown amounts for school fund raisers,sports, or class trips? It all depends on your individual perspective. I am a lowly middle class person but have no ill feelings when I see a 17yr old in a new M3 or C63. I have no idea if that 17yr old is reponsible or not just the same as he/she has no idea if I am responsible or not. I could say that the 17yr old is more inclined to speed and drive wrecklessly, but I have been known to also break the speed limit. Who am I to judge?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:38 PM

03 C32 AMG
Im 18 now got my C32 AMG In High School.

I had a 06 accord coupe when i was a sophmore then I got a 07 tc junior and in during senior got the AMG.

I think Ive been the most responsible in the AMG.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:58 AM
t83

MY'05 E55 Amg
graduated nyu class of 08 in 3 years got a job with a major us bank ( hint there still making money)
Old 12-25-2008, 03:06 AM
t83

MY'05 E55 Amg
just to clarify

i paid for the e55 with money i invested in apple and few other firms freshmen yr. and my old car. the rest is in a car loan.

i live in edison cuz its dirt cheap and i can drive to jersey city, no problem. ( i hate trains)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: killin c300s left and right, what the hell is wrong with ppl. (long winded)