Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

G37 vs e92 M3 (Traffic race)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Yes, him and his accomplice are both rooming at Rikers.

is that public knowledge?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by ldangeli
is that public knowledge?
Well the details should remain secret. I think I was cloudy enough. Let's not discuss the rest of it.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Ah, nice to see natural selection at work....

.....one can only hope that they don't take anyone else out with them, or injure anyone, when they finally dust it up and crash.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:51 PM

///M5 Beast
Sounds like fun! Nothing like enjoying your car with another
enthusiast driver
Old 01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Brisk335
Sounds like fun! Nothing like enjoying your car with another
enthusiast driver
..until you screw up, or another driver doesn't see you coming up on them at triple digit speeds and pulls out in front of you without looking, or you cut someone off a little too close, clip their front end, and lose it at triple digit speeds, injuring or killing them in the process....etc. etc. etc....

A short straightline run with no traffic is one thing...treating moving vehicles with noncombatants, including women and children, onboard as though they're pylons is quite another. How callous people can be to think that gambling with others' lives is just "enjoying your car"....I'd bet that if some moron like this killed your mom, or your sister, or your daughter, you'd be singing a slightly different tune.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by kindafast
Here is the thing for posting kills in the kill section - 99% of Mercedes Benz owners in North America don't street race, so keep that in mind and most of the mbworld forum users are our parents' age (birthday alerts at the buttom of the page). Imagine telling your parents stories like this lol... You will get lectured.

Well I think that does it, stay safe
99% ? Each and EVERY kill posted in this forum is done in the streets. Regardless of the surrounding environment, a race done ANYWHERE but the track, is street racing. Period. While I understand this guys story is more dangerous then most posted here I feel it's a bit unfair he gets his a$$ chewed while most others just get a "nice kill " comment.

Realistically speaking, you can lose control of your car or get cut off by someone when your not racing and the results can be the same.

Yeah, he did wrong but EVERY other person here that has posted a kill story has endangered lives. Even in the dead of night on the freeway, there can be some idiot walking across the street without looking and viola...

To sum it up, while the op's bashing is deserved, I do believe it to be a bit unfair.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Akademiks
99% ? Each and EVERY kill posted in this forum is done in the streets. Regardless of the surrounding environment, a race done ANYWHERE but the track, is street racing. Period. While I understand this guys story is more dangerous then most posted here I feel it's a bit unfair he gets his a$$ chewed while most others just get a "nice kill " comment.

Realistically speaking, you can lose control of your car or get cut off by someone when your not racing and the results can be the same.

Yeah, he did wrong but EVERY other person here that has posted a kill story has endangered lives. Even in the dead of night on the freeway, there can be some idiot walking across the street without looking and viola...

To sum it up, while the op's bashing is deserved, I do believe it to be a bit unfair.
The racing I was doing is more dangerous but your 100% right about what your saying. I've had some stories about races I have had during highway runs and didnt get bashed at all but this kind of race made a everyone upset. I had someone wish that I crash my car lol, come on now that is too harsh I think if we woulda been standing face to face I would have only 1 reaction to do to a comment like that but hey IT IS WHAT IT IS.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Improviz
..until you screw up, or another driver doesn't see you coming up on them at triple digit speeds and pulls out in front of you without looking, or you cut someone off a little too close, clip their front end, and lose it at triple digit speeds, injuring or killing them in the process....etc. etc. etc....

A short straightline run with no traffic is one thing...treating moving vehicles with noncombatants, including women and children, onboard as though they're pylons is quite another. How callous people can be to think that gambling with others' lives is just "enjoying your car"....I'd bet that if some moron like this killed your mom, or your sister, or your daughter, you'd be singing a slightly different tune.
I know a kid who had a CL55 and was doing triple digit speeds in a highway alone not racing anyone just opening up the car and out of no where a car came in directly into his path with no time to brake and he ended up killing that person. I hurt no one. So NO I don't believe driving in the highway is one thing and what I did is another because any illegal street racing should be considered wrong. The racing I did of course isn't right but for anyone here who says its ok to do open highway runs but not what I did HAS NO RIGHT TO BASH ME WHAT SO EVER.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63

Not really dude, when you zig zag in traffic you put OTHER people at risk, I love myself and my car a lot, but I can not feel good about me while threatening people's lives. Yeah some people with top of the line AMG's or M's drive like little girls, but that doesn't mean that everyone with a fast car should floor their cars on the road. Don't act like the highways belong to you, respect other people who payed for them to be built and who want to feel safe.

Traffic racing is a GREAT adrenaline rush.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I know a kid who had a CL55 and was doing triple digit speeds in a highway alone not racing anyone just opening up the car and out of no where a car came in directly into his path with no time to brake and he ended up killing that person.
You mean, it literally materialized out of nowhere?

Or that your friend was careless and racing on a highway which did not have restricted access (onramps), and/or under limited visibility?

I hurt no one.
You were lucky.

So NO I don't believe driving in the highway is one thing and what I did is another because any illegal street racing should be considered wrong. The racing I did of course isn't right but for anyone here who says its ok to do open highway runs but not what I did HAS NO RIGHT TO BASH ME WHAT SO EVER.
That's where you're wrong: we can bash you all you like, for weaving in and out of traffic at very high speeds, needlessly and callously putting others' lives at risk.

Which you did.

If someone does a run on a traffic-free, divided highway to where if something happens, it's only they who gets killed, that's a big difference from weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds.

Sort of like the difference between doing donuts in an empty parking lot and doing them in the middle of a crowded schoolyard.

Last edited by Improviz; 01-28-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
^ No the kid with CL55 wasn't a friend of mine 1st of all. It just doesn't work for me. Doing donuts in a empty PUBLIC parking lot still does not mean it's ok to do it. Your talking about chance of WHAT IF. What if you live in the GHETTO or a area with very high crime rates and you walk home from school everyday and nothing ever happens but, how about if you live in a great neighborhood with very low crime rates and your walking home from school and you get shot? Well I was that kid who was walking home from school in a great neighborhood who got shot but theres people who live in much worse areas who nothing ever happens too. I'm using this is an example because it doesn't matter WHERE you are if your doing something wrong anything can happen to anyone at anytime. So NO, I still believe someone like you has no right in bashing me.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Whatever....if you're dumb enough to pull a stunt like that, one cannot expect you to be smart enough to grasp the full ramifications of pulling a stunt like that or of its higher risk relative to racing on an empty road.

And if, as you claim, you personally know someone who was involved in a fatal accident while racing, yet you still choose to pull boneheaded stunts like that, well, that says a lot about your risk analysis skills, and a lot about you in general.

As others said, I just hope that you either wise up, or, failing that, that you don't kill or injure anyone else whenever your luck runs out.

Last edited by Improviz; 01-28-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Banned

SL600
Not really dude, when you zig zag in traffic you put OTHER people at risk, I love myself and my car a lot, but I can not feel good about me while threatening people's lives. Yeah some people with top of the line AMG's or M's drive like little girls, but that doesn't mean that everyone with a fast car should floor their cars on the road. Don't act like the highways belong to you, respect other people who payed for them to be built and who want to feel safe.

Traffic racing is a GREAT adrenaline rush.
Dude. Bottom line is, street racing is street racing-- risks are always present. On an empty freeway, or on a crowded one as this op posted. I just feel its hypocritical for those of us who have raced on freeways and public streets--conditions be damned-- to call out others.

Pot calling kettle black.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Dude. Bottom line is, street racing is street racing-- risks are always present. On an empty freeway, or on a crowded one as this op posted. I just feel its hypocritical for those of us who have raced on freeways and public streets--conditions be damned-- to call out others.

Pot calling kettle black.
How is racing on an empty highway and in traffic the same?
You got no point, just go away.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Banned

SL600
How is racing on an empty highway and in traffic the same?
You got no point, just go away.
You just like to ignore facts?

Street racing just means it's done on the streets, the level of danger or risk of loss of life to oneself or third parties irrelevant; the definition remains the same. Yes, IT"S EXACTLY THE SAME THING, the only difference is the amount of danger present and if you refuse to accept that, your an idiot.

Yes, racing on a busy freeway is wrong and far more hazardous then at 3 in the morning by yourself. Yet still, the charge if your caught doing either remains the same, at least in California: "Street Contest".

My only point was to illustrate the hypocrisy of the members here. All of which I'm certain at one point or another in their lives may have committed this very same act; some even admitting it out right in previous posts.

Should a tragic accident happen (due to street racing) where the end result is a loss of life, the prosecution need not point to the surrounding environment or time of day or state of traffic at the time for a conviction, but rather simply point to life that was lost as a result.

I did a quick search online and coincedently I found a news story about a member here alas, through much rummaging a certain "Bluemax", government Rob. Who allegedly raced a Mustang down a street in Scottsdale. The end result was the tragic death of an elderly man who made a turn without looking. Traffic was reportedly "light". An example of a "safer" race ending in just as bad a result as the op's possible outcome should he (or the other individual) hit someone.

If you still fail to see my point, then I'm sorry. Maybe I'm not clear enough? Go ahead and race in the dead of night because it's safer, but if you end up hitting a mom running to the grocery store to get milk for her baby at 2 in the morning, remember your charges are the same as if it would have happened in the OP's position.

So go ahead and race "safer", legally your just as guilty.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Your last post contradicts what you said earlier, your definition of street racing changes with every reply.
Just accept the fact that racing in traffic is more selfish and risky of getting into an accident than racing on an empty highway... I don't want to read your ramble on what you think about street racing dude.
You don't agree with me..? I don't care.

This conversation is over unless you want to keep talking to yourself.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:13 AM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by Improviz

Did the OP say he was doing triple digit speeds? I Must have missed it. From what i was visualizing, it sounded like slow speeds through a bit of traffic.

But it happened and no1 was hurt, why go on and rant about it? Do you think your posts are gonna stop him from doing it again? Just post your 2 cents(which you have) and move on. Don't destroy the thread.

Anyways, back on topic... i would smoke that M3 anyways hahahaha
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
anyone here who says its ok to do open highway runs but not what I did HAS NO RIGHT TO BASH ME WHAT SO EVER.
You've dug yourself back into your hole of moronity with several pearlers, but I'll just use the above one.

Repeat after me... There is no comparison between an open run an empty frickin freeway and racing on city streets. The latter doesn't prove anything about cars or anything about drivers other than the fact that they are brain dead.

Fast cars are to be enjoyed when the conditions are safe to do so. The "bald old men" you see in rush hour sticking to 55mph understand that and as you weave through traffic with sweaty palms on the wheel and a vacant grin on your face everyone on the road is wishing you'd just wise up.

By seemingly showing contrition in your earlier posts we are now left to sift through people telling us that people use freeways like crosswalks during the dead of night not to mention your very own comparison to "people getting shot in the ghetto." Jesus.

I'm not going to respond to your multiple screen name Jan 09 accounts as what you drivel on about is there for all to see. We are right, you-yourself-and-you are wrong.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

+1 on the multiple accounts. Let's get RBrenton in here with the banhammer.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 AM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
You've dug yourself back into your hole of moronity with several pearlers, but I'll just use the above one.

Repeat after me... There is no comparison between an open run an empty frickin freeway and racing on city streets. The latter doesn't prove anything about cars or anything about drivers other than the fact that they are brain dead.

Fast cars are to be enjoyed when the conditions are safe to do so. The "bald old men" you see in rush hour sticking to 55mph understand that and as you weave through traffic with sweaty palms on the wheel and a vacant grin on your face everyone on the road is wishing you'd just wise up.

By seemingly showing contrition in your earlier posts we are now left to sift through people telling us that people use freeways like crosswalks during the dead of night not to mention your very own comparison to "people getting shot in the ghetto." Jesus.

I'm not going to respond to your multiple screen name Jan 09 accounts as what you drivel on about is there for all to see. We are right, you-yourself-and-you are wrong.

I would walk your M5 in traffic. waawaaa
Old 01-29-2009, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Brisk335
I would walk your M5 in traffic. waawaaa
Another douchetool shows his a$$.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 PM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Another douchetool shows his a$$.
It was all in good fun. RELAX a little DR.phil
Old 01-29-2009, 01:21 PM

E53 Wagon, Model 3, Miata, etc, etc
Why haven't mods or admins closed this thread already?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Cause watching you newbs squirm is fun!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Banned

SL600
Your last post contradicts what you said earlier, your definition of street racing changes with every reply.
Just accept the fact that racing in traffic is more selfish and risky of getting into an accident than racing on an empty highway... I don't want to read your ramble on what you think about street racing dude.
You don't agree with me..? I don't care.

This conversation is over unless you want to keep talking to yourself.
My definition has remained the same.

But your right, why do I bother? It's obvious even an example from this forum (Bluemax) cant get you to realize street racing is dangerous. Period.

Last edited by Akademiks; 01-29-2009 at 03:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 vs e92 M3 (Traffic race)