Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

G37 vs e92 M3 (Traffic race)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
G37 vs e92 M3 (Traffic race)

I was on my way to staten island and I got on the BQE and I'm talking to my wife about leasing the new e92 M3 and literally 20 seconds later I bump into a M3 blue but we were in bumper to bumper traffic. I begin to tease him by reving the engine and hitting it and I see hes laughing. A few minz later traffic clears up and next thing I know I see the M3 flying in my review mirror and he passes me and there the chase begins. We were flyinggggg in and out of lanes inching between cars like our lives were at stake. He got stuck and I passed him and he began to chase me and it went back and forth but there was no room for an opening so he can really pull on me. It was basically a drivers race and we stayed on each others bumpers for miles and almost even slammed into each other couple of times. i would say my g37 has great handle but MY GOD that M3 was GLUED to the floor as I chased him and out of lanes. I got a great look into the car that I wanted to get. Hes lucky I wasn't drving my E55 but it was still fun lol.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Nice story, you are gona get flamed for racing in traffic

The M3 must of pulled with confidence in the straights.

Last edited by kindafast; 01-25-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by kindafast
Nice story, you are gona get flamed for racing in traffic

The M3 must of pulled with confidence in the straights.
Well this being the "kill section" I would expect people who don't like street racing shouldn't read it. I was hoping that we get a straight to see how far aherad it pulls on my G37 but we never get the chance.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
LOL they're gonna murder you for this.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
It should be posted in the stupid section, not the kill section. Either this is a BS story or you are an idiot for, not only racing on the streets, but in traffic as well. So what did you accomplish? Enough said.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM

'07 C230
Street racing is one thing but racing IN TRAFFIC where there are many innocent lives at stake is a whole other ballpark. Don't bother trying to bring up the argument that you have "driving skills" because what you and that other moron did was a very idiotic thing to do.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Well this being the "kill section" I would expect people who don't like street racing shouldn't read it. I was hoping that we get a straight to see how far aherad it pulls on my G37 but we never get the chance.
you are right. this is a kill section. generally we talk about killing cars though, not almost killing people when racing in traffic.

please do all races in Mexico where there is no traffic.

Oh, and the E92 M3 is faster than the G37. I think you know that.

Would be curious to see the E55 vs E92 M3. Is yours a W210 or W211? The 210 E55 would get pulled by the M3, but a stock W211 E55 should pull on the M3 a bit.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:27 PM

You can't pull squat IN traffic. The opperative word is TRAFFIC. Kill or injure yourself but why endanger anyone else or damage their car? I'm sure you would be real happy if 2 guys were racing and whacked YOUR E55.

Last edited by Dragoncoach; 01-25-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:37 PM

in your Mom's car
I was on my way to staten island and I got on the BQE and I'm talking to my wife about leasing the new e92 M3 and literally 20 seconds later I bump into a M3 blue but we were in bumper to bumper traffic. I begin to tease him by reving the engine and hitting it and I see hes laughing. A few minz later traffic clears up and next thing I know I see the M3 flying in my review mirror and he passes me and there the chase begins. We were flyinggggg in and out of lanes inching between cars like our lives were at stake. He got stuck and I passed him and he began to chase me and it went back and forth but there was no room for an opening so he can really pull on me. It was basically a drivers race and we stayed on each others bumpers for miles and almost even slammed into each other couple of times. i would say my g37 has great handle but MY GOD that M3 was GLUED to the floor as I chased him and out of lanes. I got a great look into the car that I wanted to get. Hes lucky I wasn't drving my E55 but it was still fun lol.
That seems really safe. I can't believe that your wife allowed you to do that with her in the car. I would never act a fool like that with my girlfriend in the car. If I kill myself that is one thing but I'm not going to endanger the life of the one I love or someone else on the highway. If you act like that in your G37 I can only pray for you in your E55. Grow up.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Wow, aren't you a big man. This is a story I would expect from our illustrious C63 owners, it's more surprising coming from somebody with an E55. I hope next time you both smash into each other and flip off the road into a ditch while miraculously not hitting or injuring the other innocent drivers on the road.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Gondon
I dont think there is anyone here who hasn't ever had a illegal street race and NO I'm not saying its ok to street race in traffic or NO traffic. No1 was hurt it was a fun race, I havn't done something like this since I was 19 which was about 4 years ago. Neway on the title I clearly wrote (traffic race) SO WHY DID YOU PEOPLE CLICK ! Mind your business if you don't like the idea.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by hellcat
Wow, aren't you a big man. This is a story I would expect from our illustrious C63 owners, it's more surprising coming from somebody with an E55. I hope next time you both smash into each other and flip off the road into a ditch while miraculously not hitting or injuring the other innocent drivers on the road.
WOW. One thing is racing and putting peoples lifes at stake but wishing for someone to get hurt is another. I would never wish anyone to get hurt no matter what. You shoulda looked the other way and mind your business.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
WOW. One thing is racing and putting peoples lifes at stake but wishing for someone to get hurt is another. I would never wish anyone to get hurt no matter what. You shoulda looked the other way and mind your business.
You see the thing is the way you drive endangers the lives of all of those around you. Wrapping your own car around a tree without hurting the rest of us is just staving off the inevitable. It's stories like yours that are always the lead up to the family with two kids killed because some moron was street racing and lost control of his car in the middle of traffic. If it's the perpetrator of the innocent getting hurt I'm going to always hope for the former rather than the latter.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gondon
LOL, well said
Old 01-25-2009, 11:49 PM

'03 E55
I'm not gonna preach because I did plenty of equally asinine things when I was young, but I hope you at least give it a little more thought the next time an "opportunity" like this one arises. The potential consequences when running through traffic like that dwarf any possible adrenaline rush you might have gotten. Another thing to keep in mind is that with a cell phone in nearly every car on the road today, there's no way someone's not calling in your tag to the cops if they can get the number. I'd catch up for a moment just to call you guys in, in a heartbeat.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Next time think different. Better.

Not to sound like some broken record, but you could have killed someone. Yeah, I know you said "street race", just glad no one got hurt.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Here is the thing for posting kills in the kill section - 99% of Mercedes Benz owners in North America don't street race, so keep that in mind and most of the mbworld forum users are our parents' age (birthday alerts at the buttom of the page). Imagine telling your parents stories like this lol... You will get lectured.

My tips for not getting flamed in kill section:
1.) Always mention it was done in Mexico
2.) No BMW M killing AMG stories
3.) No racing in traffic stories, or you can sensor the part of you racing in traffic and formally say "I spotted _____, decided to follow him until traffic cleared up then we lined up and it was on..."
4.) And last but not least no racing with your kid stories, seriously if you do this you are a dumbass, not only are you putting your family at risk but also showing your kid that it's okay to drive like this.

Well I think that does it, stay safe

Last edited by kindafast; 01-26-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 AM

You're still pretty young, but you are contradicting yourself. When you race on the street, in traffic, you are ALWAYS facing the potential of hurting or killing someone. Yes, we never want to endanger anyone, but if your racing, you are always facing the potential of injury, need it be to you or someone else. I think it sounded cool when you first posted, but take a step back and reconsider. I think all of us just want you to think before racing in the streets in traffic. Some comments, including mine, are pretty critical...but to give you some food for thought, not to be mean. Keep safe.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
The M3 driver obviously took it as a grave insult that a G37 would even attempt to hang with him, I know I do.

Oh btw, you're a tool for being party to this situation.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Alrite guys I think he get it now... Can we just all get along ??
Old 01-26-2009, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by hellcat
+1000

Originally Posted by kindafast
Here is the thing for posting kills in the kill section - 99% of Mercedes Benz owners in North America don't street race, so keep that in mind and most of the mbworld forum users are our parents' age (birthday alerts at the buttom of the page). Imagine telling your parents stories like this lol... You will get lectured.

My tips for not getting flamed in kill section:
1.) Always mention it was done in Mexico
2.) No BMW M killing AMG stories
3.) No racing in traffic stories, or you can sensor the part of you racing in traffic and formally say "I spotted _____, decided to follow him until traffic cleared up then we lined up and it was on..."
4.) And last but not least no racing with your kid stories, seriously if you do this you are a dumbass, not only are you putting your family at risk but also showing your kid that it's okay to drive like this.

Well I think that does it, stay safe
All you ever hear is about Mercedes owners racing everything possible. I agree, racing in traffic is stupid, racing with a kid in the car is rediculous!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
The M3 driver obviously took it as a grave insult that a G37 would even attempt to hang with him, I know I do.

Oh btw, you're a tool for being party to this situation.
Um, So far, I've raced, porsche's, C55's, E55's, M5's, and a few others with my M3 and I have to say, albeit the 911Turbo, I am lighter and faster and better handling. I was waiting for a c63, but I offered that cookie a while ago when I was stock and got nothing. Now, I am no longer stock and try to keep the racing on the track. Racing in traffic is stupid, bottom line. You put EVERYONES life at risk, not just yours.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
You guys are 100% right. I should have not done it. I just figured since no one got hurt it was ok to post. I guess I need to grow up out of it. I don't want to be looked at as ***hole cauz im really not, I got a little too excited and something happened that should not have happened. I apoligize to everyone that I offended.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ldangeli
+
Um, So far, I've raced, porsche's, C55's, E55's, M5's, and a few others with my M3 and I have to say, albeit the 911Turbo, I am lighter and faster and better handling. I was waiting for a c63, but I offered that cookie a while ago when I was stock and got nothing. Now, I am no longer stock and try to keep the racing on the track. Racing in traffic is stupid, bottom line. You put EVERYONES life at risk, not just yours.
Just so no one gets the wrong idea, I think we all know the E60 M5 takes a huge, steaming dump on an E92 M3 on the highway, especially the 6-speeders.

E92s a nice car but to sum it up:
Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 PM

'03 E55
You guys are 100% right. I should have not done it. I just figured since no one got hurt it was ok to post. I guess I need to grow up out of it. I don't want to be looked at as ***hole cauz im really not, I got a little too excited and something happened that should not have happened. I apoligize to everyone that I offended.
I don't think we were personally offended, just trying to show you the error of your ways. Glad to see you may have seen the light, and if so, just thank these guys for maybe keeping you out of jail or from killing someone in the future. I personally have no problem with a couple of guys racing on the street, so long as the conditions are such that there is no significant risk to anyone but the participants in the race.

We had a member of the E55 forum get into an accident 1-2 years ago while racing on the street. He was running a guy in a mustang and T-boned an innocent driver who pulled out from a side street and killed the man if I remember correctly. I was in an almost identical accident with a friend of mine about 20 years ago and the only reason he wasn't arrested was because no one would admit to racing and no one pressed charges.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Just so no one gets the wrong idea, I think we all know the E60 M5 takes a huge, steaming dump on an E92 M3 on the highway, especially the 6-speeders.

E92s a nice car but to sum it up:
+1

Lou, we can do this you know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 vs e92 M3 (Traffic race)