Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 AMG vs Pick-up (no joke)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
C32 AMG vs Pick-up (no joke)

This story is sorta lame but a kill is a kill. It is kinda rare where I live to have anybody pick on the AMG. They either think that it is a slow C230 C-Klasse and thus ignore it or they know what it is and know enough to leave it alone. However, every now and then a goober shows up who is both ignorant and thinks he has a fast ride. Who am I to walk away from such a teachable moment? lol

Just so I don't get flamed for street racing, this encounter took place in an open area with no traffic in front of us and at no time did either party exceed the speed limit which was 55mph. It was a couple of short bursts from 0-55.

I was travelling along minding my own business. The light turned green and as is my usual habit when there is nothing in front of me, I accellerated away from the light briskly at about 10% throttle which is pretty darned fast. I heard a loud black pickup behind me hammering away to catch up. Hmmm what is that? I wonder. The next light was red and I stopped and this black full sized Toyota Tundra V8 pulls along side in the other lane. I know that stock these things have about 380hp and can go 0-60 in about 6.2 sec which ain't bad for a truck. This one had at least a aftermarket exhaust on it and he obviously thought it was fast. Well, the light turns green and I roll out slowly but was ready when he hit it hard, I gave the little C32 some more go juice (ok alot more go juice) and by the time I was half way thru 2nd was well ahead of the goober.

The light up ahead went red and he catches up and lines up again. This time, I figure he don't deserve the jump so I ready for a true and proper start. But, I did leave the ESP on as I figure, no point in making a big fuss. Light changes and we both leave ***** out. Again, no surprise, by 45 mph I was a few cars ahead and pulling away fast. By 55, I let off and coast along waiting. That was the funny part of this pathetic story, the Tundra driver slows and refuses to pull up along side me again. Even when I slowed to 35, he just kept pace behind me unwilling to come along side, lol. He was completely cowed and wanted no more part of the C32. It is a shame that there is so few good cars to play with around here.

The Toyota driver pulled off a few miles later and I expect he went home to find out WTF just blew his doors off... "twice". All I can add was that I am glad he was not in one of them overboosted diesel 4x4's, I woulda been in deep sheeit in that case.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
This story is sorta lame but a kill is a kill. It is kinda rare where I live to have anybody pick on the AMG. They either think that it is a slow C230 C-Klasse and thus ignore it or they know what it is and know enough to leave it alone. However, every now and then a goober shows up who is both ignorant and thinks he has a fast ride. Who am I to walk away from such a teachable moment? lol

Just so I don't get flamed for street racing, this encounter took place in an open area with no traffic in front of us and at no time did either party exceed the speed limit which was 55mph. It was a couple of short bursts from 0-55.

I was travelling along minding my own business. The light turned green and as is my usual habit when there is nothing in front of me, I accellerated away from the light briskly at about 10% throttle which is pretty darned fast. I heard a loud black pickup behind me hammering away to catch up. Hmmm what is that? I wonder. The next light was red and I stopped and this black full sized Toyota Tundra V8 pulls along side in the other lane. I know that stock these things have about 380hp and can go 0-60 in about 6.2 sec which ain't bad for a truck. This one had at least a aftermarket exhaust on it and he obviously thought it was fast. Well, the light turns green and I roll out slowly but was ready when he hit it hard, I gave the little C32 some more go juice (ok alot more go juice) and by the time I was half way thru 2nd was well ahead of the goober.

The light up ahead went red and he catches up and lines up again. This time, I figure he don't deserve the jump so I ready for a true and proper start. But, I did leave the ESP on as I figure, no point in making a big fuss. Light changes and we both leave ***** out. Again, no surprise, by 45 mph I was a few cars ahead and pulling away fast. By 55, I let off and coast along waiting. That was the funny part of this pathetic story, the Tundra driver slows and refuses to pull up along side me again. Even when I slowed to 35, he just kept pace behind me unwilling to come along side, lol. He was completely cowed and wanted no more part of the C32. It is a shame that there is so few good cars to play with around here.

The Toyota driver pulled off a few miles later and I expect he went home to find out WTF just blew his doors off... "twice". All I can add was that I am glad he was not in one of them overboosted diesel 4x4's, I woulda been in deep sheeit in that case.
haha awesome story! nice kill.

watch out for those modded Lightnings....they can be quick too!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 C230 and 1985 Monte SS
Originally Posted by jturkel
haha awesome story! nice kill.

watch out for those modded Lightnings....they can be quick too!
That's what I thought the story was going to be about from the subject.

It's funny when you catch people by surprise like that.

Even some of the AWD hemi rams are pretty quick. My step dad has one and they are a beast stop light to stop light. You can eat them up on the top end though.

I've seen modded ones at the track in the 13's, wich isnt bad at all for a 6000 lb bolt-on pickup truck.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stor...ghlight=tundra
Old 01-31-2009, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
^The Hemis are known to be SLOW

TRD offer a $5k supercharger that pushes the V8 to 500bhp and 500lb/ft. This guy should've spent the money before challenging one of the roads great sleepers.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
I thought there was a "unwritten rule" that all kills had to take place at 55mph+ ?

Just kidding....nice write-up.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
Pick-up's

Toyota offers a supercharger kit that boosts the performance of their truck up to a very respectable level that would be equal to or maybe faster than a stock C32. As for the Ford Lightning, if it had been a lighting, then this kill story might have ended up being posted on the Ford Lightning Owners forum under "Kills", lol. They are seriously fast pickum-ups and easy to hotrod.

As for the Diesels - them things are dangerous. I have a buddy with a Chevy Duramax 4x4 and with mild bolt-ons it is able with the press of a button to belt out 6-700 hp and over 1000 ft-lbs and it is far from the hottest Diesel I have seen. The Dodges are amazing and can get into the low 11's to 10's in the 1/4 as long as traction is available. You can see em coming, giant exhaust and turbo whistle and loads of black smoke. If you see that and are not in a ZR1/Viper/911 turbo or other sub 11 sec car you best bow down and defer to the faster rig. Even then you might be in trouble. They are baaad news. As for topend, you might be able to beat em or they might let off at 140 mph, slow down and wait on you to catch up and then roll down the window and say sumpthin like: "Hey dude, that was fun, you wanna race again???"