Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 VS MUSTANG CROSSBRED W/CHEVY 406 MOTOR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question E55 VS MUSTANG CROSSBRED W/CHEVY 406 MOTOR

Two weeks ago i was called out by a mustang over the phone and decided to accept the challenge for a 1/4 ml race in the street.He did not say what was in the mustang,only that he did not have NOS,or racing tires.Well some of it was true,but the majority was all lies..he did not have NOS,but he had true slicks,90/10 shocks,air bags at the rear suspension,only one seat,plexi glass window,big fuel pump,light weight mustang/trunk with 406 chevy stroker motor w/holly double pumper 4bbl carbs;true race car.
When i saw the car,i said no way am i going to beat this car....but i had accepted the callange,i was about 150 miles from home,and it was cold(19-20degrees)so i said what the hell,i am going to try it.
We lined up to do the race,and he did the burn out from hell,which scared me even more.
We too k off together with him having about 1/2 car length on me because of his 5000rpm torque converter....but as soon as we went to 2nd i went by him and got to the 1/4 about 3-4 cars ahead of him.No one could believe it,not even me.He asked if i would re run the same race next,week,and i accept,being the true sportsman that i am,and knowing that i might lose the next time around.
Next week came around,and he had his car in the shop all week,making it faster to out run me.During that time i put a stall in my car that would help me with my launch.
We lined up as before,and this time i pulled him out the hole,a the 1/8 mile he caught up and we stayed like that through the 1/4 mile with it being too close to call.Iwas not too dissapointed because i did not expect to run even that close to him.My car is a kleeman k4 with a LET tune.I need an additional 25-30 rwhp for the next race.....any suggestion?anyone?
a
Old 01-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Banned

SL600
You running race fuel yet ? Try 100 Octane that should light a fire up under your car
Old 01-29-2009, 03:43 PM

The tuners all claimed that race fuel does not help,because the cars are tune for 93 octane
Old 01-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by jamusa
The tuners all claimed that race fuel does not help,because the cars are tune for 93 octane
It may not be optimized to run 100, but it sure might help enough to get you ahead of the competition. I'd say at least try it. A lot of people claim they know everything these days, I say try it firsthand. Worst case scenario you waste a couple bucks on race fuel

And I'm going to assume you already have your spare removed and every other little tool you don't need? Run with a 1/4 tank of gas, and for the race remove your air filters for maximum air flow.

Just make sure you put em back on ASAP after the race
Old 01-30-2009, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Run race gas, guaranteed the engine is going to compensate for that. My 1.8t didn't have a 100 tune and race gas always knocked off a few tenths off my ET's.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 PM

Thanks guys,im gonna take off the airtube,cover the tb with a stocking,remove the plastic wiper shroud under the hood to get some cold air,add 100 octane fuel and see how see does.Any other little trick will be greatly appreciated
Old 01-30-2009, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Since he's going the light weight route, take out your back seat and anything else you possibly can (and I mean everything, even spare CD's). Next, put about 50 PSI in the front tires to minimize rolling resistance. I would not under any circumstances put a stocking over the TB. Don't worry about no filters for one race. I don't know what you have on the car now, but some super light wheels would make a difference unless you already have something like comp series HRE's (maybe you could even borrow some)? That will make a noticeable difference. Race fuel will not make a difference if the car hasn't had time to "learn" the fuel is in there.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 C230 and 1985 Monte SS
Wouldn't putting a stocking over the TB bypass the MAF? Then your car wouldn't run at all...

How much of this guy's money have you taken?? Seems kinda fishy that someone would call you out from 150 miles away.

PS. a 406 isnt a stroker... its a .030" bored over 400 block with a stock crank. A stroked 400 is in the neighborhood of 421 or 422, and a stroked 350, .030 over is a 383.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Fast55
Since he's going the light weight route, take out your back seat and anything else you possibly can (and I mean everything, even spare CD's). Next, put about 50 PSI in the front tires to minimize rolling resistance. I would not under any circumstances put a stocking over the TB. Don't worry about no filters for one race. I don't know what you have on the car now, but some super light wheels would make a difference unless you already have something like comp series HRE's (maybe you could even borrow some)? That will make a noticeable difference. Race fuel will not make a difference if the car hasn't had time to "learn" the fuel is in there.
Right. My fault, I completely forgot. It is imperative you fill up, I would anyways just to be safe, at least twice with race fuel before the race. Your car does have the adjust to the 100 race fuel. So start filling up.

You might even notice a bit of a power increase first tank around!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the imformation,im going to do the 100 octane gas,50psi front tire,lighten car and take the snorkle off the car....will give you the result on Monday.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:06 PM

e55
Remove Air Filters at Race Location

Derek did when he ran the 10.95
Old 01-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
What tires are you running out back? Oh yea, spray him lol And get it on video this time. I would love to see what your car runs in the 1/4
Old 01-31-2009, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
Thanks for the imformation,im going to do the 100 octane gas,50psi front tire,lighten car and take the snorkle off the car....will give you the result on Monday.
I like to reset the ECU. Faster shift changing.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55

*Don't forget to empty your windshield washer reservoir of fluid.

*All manuals, mats, items in trunk, trunk pad, tool kit, first aid kit in seat should be left at home too. The sun visors come off, and nobody will notice.

*I don't think your car has a spare, so no worries there.

*You can remove one (or both) of your horns.

*Get rid of your dual FMHE, and go to a single, lighter, more efficient unit.

*You can swap out the OEM battery (~70lbs) for an Optima (~45lbs) or a Braille/Odyssey unit (~12lbs)

*If you're really getting aggressive, the OEM speakers are very heavy, as is the passenger seat. The rear seat should already be gone at this point, along with the center armrest.

*Lastly, be sure and drop a deuce before your race....every pound helps !!!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Read this thread before putting more octane in:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/266746-cel.html

Also, is taking off the snorkels a good idea? Sounds like your initial "breath" will be the hot air under your engine when you launch.

Since you smoked him the first time and were pretty even the second time, I would say that your "set up" is already pretty good. Maybe just work on your launch and dropping that duece (and un-needed weight). Good luck and let us know how it goes.