Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 vs Mustang GT, G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
C32 vs Mustang GT, G35

I was driving home from Walmart with a friend in my car and came across the new body style Mustang GT. It was late, there was no traffic, and we were bored, so I decided to give him the business. I got on it a little bit and he noticed. I slowed down and we went from a slow roll and I pulled on him. That ended quickly as we came up to a red light.

At the red light, he was revving at me, so I assumed, again, it was on now from a dig. We did a slow roll (5mph?) and gunned it. I only pulled about a car or two through two gears because of my major traction issues in first gear. In fact, I don't go WOT in first because of these issues. I just feather it as much as I can.

I wanted out so I made a u-turn to jump on the highway and head home. The GT Mustang decided to follow me and do the same. Here we go again......So as we merged onto the highway, he flies past me on the left. I'm like I maintain my speed and he eventually slows down for a race from a roll. I started at the top of 2nd gear and we did a three honk. I immediately started pulling away. This was a short race that, by the end of my wrapping out third gear and barely into fourth, had pulled at least a bus if not more. My friend rolled down the window and gave him the thumbs up as he drove by.

On a separate incident, I am in my car with two buddies. I see a G35 with rims, exhaust, and a slight body kit...guy with his gf. At the red light, I get on it a little bit and he hears my exhaust and catches up. He then downshifts and guns it. I follow suit....though it was more of a tease as after my first initial punch at the top of first when i pulled a car despite getting a bit sideways, I just went in and out of WOT as his car wasn't that fast.....and now the good part...

at the following red light, he gets in the lefthand turning lane and I'm continuing straight. He opens the passenger window (where his gf is sitting) and yells out at me "Sorry. I don't want to embarrass you." I am absolutely shocked at what he says , and I return with "Unless you've got a turbo kit, you've got no chance."

It has made for some really good laughs with my car buddies, especially my friend who owns a turbo'd G35.