Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

08 CLS 63 vs 05 GTO 6.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by regor60
Don't understand any of that. How about this...put it in drive and floor it, 'kay ?
Or even better, let someone else drive it.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by RAW INC
If thats the case it really wasnt a bothched race. If you read again I did the steps you just said. i was in sports mode, while in sports mode i had it hold in 3rd gear before i shift (or till computer says ur gonna tear it up and shifts for u. which by the way is what you are doing if u paddle shift to lowest gear and then do not shift anymore) that dosent mean I started in 3rd!!
OK, so I'll read it again:

Owe rolled at 30 did the the 3 honks and punched it. i was in sport mode. esp off. wanted to play with the tiptronic so had it to hold in 3rd while we started play should have been 2nd gear but was curious and then shifted the rest of the way.
So, I read that as you saying that you started the race at 30 mph, held it in third, that you should have put it in second (actually first, as I showed).

How do you read it?

At 30mph roll (sport mode) car should have been in 2nd when i punch it if the computer goes to 1st again im not sure will pay more attention to that next time.(new to tiptronic) but i really doubt it does. So what if i ran it as hard as an unwanted stepchild, and only have gotten maybe- maybe 3 car lenghts instead of 2. That would be even more of a disgrace. I ran it as hard as i could and that all i beat u by. That really sucks but a win is a win they say
It may not shift into first when you punch it at 30 (I think it will, but I'd have to try), but if you manually shift it there it will go there. And if you let the car downshift by itself, i.e. you do the three honk, then stomp it and wait for it to downshift while your opponent is already in gear, guess what: you've just thrown a good seconds' worth of time in the trash, as it will take that vehicle a good second or so to recognize the flooring of the gas and downshift (I've timed it, and it is in the vicinity of a full second).

Bottom line is, it's clear from your statements that you don't understand the car, its speeds in gears and the need to keep it in the lowest possible gear, or how to run it properly, nor do you understand how much speed you lost by doing that.

Cars which trap at 113-115 will put multiple lengths on cars that trap 106-ish. Period.

Mystery solved, driver error. Next?

Last edited by Improviz; 03-26-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

SL600
Maybe someone in Texas that didn't just get their driver license can race you?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:11 PM

cls63
lol Its all good never said i was mario andretti nor the king tiptronic matter fact i said i was new at it and wanted to play. and im jumped in and went to go check it will go down to 1st. too bad i dont know any other stock cars worth playing with, and the gto is no longer stock