Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Almost a WRX kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 03:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by altai1083
haha have you been in a kia sephia???... LOL i was in one on a rainy day... WOW... that's what i call POS.... haha... the defogger barely worked.. and the headlights were very weak.... now if you made a 400 hp sephia... LOL... i would so not get into it...
ouch, thats gotta suck! lol

ugh, a really fast flying Piece of tin! .. not a good thing!
Old 03-25-2003, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys crack me up. Not everyone can afford a MB

Please don't look down at us because we don't have an extra $45k to $145k to spend on cars
Old 03-25-2003, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by crowbar

Please don't look down at us because we don't have an extra $45k to $145k to spend on cars
WORD
Old 03-25-2003, 12:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC

I have never put down the WRX, on the contrary I admire that car for keeping up with me.
But don't get me wrong, being able to affor a Benz, I wouldn't get a WRX instead, just because it can be modified to keep up with me.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We're not looking down upon you, at least thats what i can say for my close friends on this board. Just sometimes when you have a Slow E55 or a Fast WRX, the benz is STILL a benz and the Suburu (sp?) is STILL a Suburu (once agian sp?). btw: WRX's IMO are pretty sweet cars. I love the rugged look. :p
Old 03-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Almost a Member!

99 slk230
in reply to whoever asked about using two different sized turbos, it is possible however it is not practical. The problem is it is a maze of vacume hoses to control cutting off the larger turbo untill the smaller one kicks in. The 3rd gen rx-7 did this with two same sized turbos allowing one to spool up more quickly and then have the other one come "online" it works at producing quick spool up with stock hp configurations but when you bump up the hp it becomes difficult to deal with in larger hp aps it is easier to run the turbos in parrallel instead of in a sequential set up.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Almost a Member!

99 slk230
in reply to whoever asked about using two different sized turbos, it is possible however it is not practical. The problem is it is a maze of vacume hoses to control cutting off the larger turbo untill the smaller one kicks in. The 3rd gen rx-7 did this with two same sized turbos allowing one to spool up more quickly and then have the other one come "online" it works at producing quick spool up with stock hp configurations but when you bump up the hp it becomes difficult to deal with in larger hp aps it is easier to run the turbos in parrallel instead of in a sequential set up. Also whoever said the stock wrx is a 2.2 liter that is incorrect it is a 2.0L and the sti is a 2.5L which was correct. There are however a few companies hks being one of them, that are stroking the ej20 (the engine code for the wrx) to 2.2 liters which aids in torque as well as the added volume of exhaust fumes enables you to use a larger turbo and still have the same lag as a smaller turbo with less displacement